PDA

View Full Version : Enchanter semi twink gear

oldhead
02-16-2014, 04:54 PM
Want to make a little chanter to charm kite because I never did it on live.

Want to put maybe 5k in or 10k depends.

What is some good cheap but decent gear that will give the best bang for the buck?

I'm assuming I need high CHA and MANA items?

Swish
02-16-2014, 08:35 PM
Siryn Hair Hood (500pp ish) +13 CHA
Crude Stein (100pp or so in EC) +15 CHA / +10 STA
Stein of Moggok (quest it, or 300pp or so in EC) +10 INT (or) Rod of Insidious Glamour (1k or so) +12 CHA

Golden Cat Eye Bracelets (11pp to make each) +7 CHA each
Platinum Star Ruby Veil (170ish pp to make) +9 CHA/9 DEX (ignore the dex)
Sapphire Platinum Necklace (160ish pp to make) +7 INT/7 STR

(note if you buy from EC jewelers you'll be paying a lot more...find a friendly one who'll make you everything for a discount)

That's just for starters. Try to get at least 160 CHA but push for 200, charm breaks will be far less frequent.

Other gear ideas? http://wiki.project1999.com/Enchanter#Gearing

Ando
02-16-2014, 09:08 PM
Opalline Earrings out of Unrest are good. +5 CHA. ~150pp/each in EC.

Man0warr
02-16-2014, 09:13 PM
Sarnak Arcane Fetish is a really good neck that is super cheap.

Crede
02-17-2014, 11:21 AM
Want to put maybe 5k in or 10k depends.

Option 1: Goblin Gazughi Ring & Cheap CHA items mentioned above.
Option 2: Jboots & Cheap CHA items mentioned above.

You don't need ridiculously high CHA for charm to be effective. Mob level + tash are way more important. The goblin ring however, saves a spell slot & instant breaks, makes charming not only easier, but just way more fun. Or if you're cool with using other means to break charm to start (invisibility, hide, taper enchantment, etc), get those jboots to make your life a lot easier.

Daldaen
02-17-2014, 11:33 AM
Goblin Gazughi ring should be your #1 purchase.

You can get decent CHA gear pretty cheap from your own looting of fine steel and such.

Goblin ring is something like 6-8k. Beyond that, Swish list is good. I'd ignore the stein of Moggok and sapphire necklace in favor of the rod he lists and the Sarnak necklace.

Man0warr
02-17-2014, 11:48 AM
Meh, I've mostly gotten by with hide - I still want a Goblin ring but going to try and camp it myself.

JBoots on the other hand are the best item ever as a soloer, unless you want to drop a lot of money on SoW pots.

Daldaen
02-17-2014, 12:06 PM
Lot of money, meh. 100 plat is 10 doses which is, I believe, something like 4-5 hours worth of SoW. Not too bad. I've never had much issue with it though I generally stick to dungeons on my enchanter making sow moot.

Crawdad
02-17-2014, 02:57 PM
Loam encrusted gear is great Enchanter twink fodder. Lots of +hp/mana and +cha. A full suit minus cap/pants/robe, Isvha Robe, 2x 5ac/55hp rings, 2x Opalline Earrings, Syrin Hair Hood, Insidious Rod and Crude Stein, Gypsy Medallion/Sarnak Fetish, whatever ranged you want will run you <10k.

...But the greatness that is a Goblin Gazughi Ring can't be understated. Makes charm kiting so much nicer. Jboots help, but really while soloing you can almost always trade a breeze/clarity for a SoW. I think I spent ~20k for jboots+gobo ring+full suit of gear to get 140int/200cha for my lowbie ench.

Man0warr
02-17-2014, 03:25 PM
Loam gloves are really expensive, not a lot of good options out there though. Think I still use Dusty Bloodstained.

Crawdad
02-17-2014, 03:29 PM
Loam gloves are really expensive, not a lot of good options out there though. Think I still use Dusty Bloodstained.

Whoops, totally forgot. Incandescent Gloves and Mask are both cheap and great stats, if you can find someone selling them.

Man0warr
02-17-2014, 05:05 PM
Elliptical Veil is a great ENC mask too (maybe best droppable ENC mask), and really cheap if you can find one for sale. Pretty rare to see though because it comes from Dalnir but I camped it myself with a higher character.

Malone88
02-18-2014, 02:58 PM
JBoots >> Gobbie Ring, IMO (and both about same price)

+55hp rings are invaluable for any character.

JBoots + 55hp rings saves lives.

Gobbie ring is a "nice to have", but most groups/duos you don't need
to break charm.

Crawdad
02-18-2014, 03:15 PM
JBoots >> Gobbie Ring, IMO (and both about same price)

+55hp rings are invaluable for any character.

JBoots + 55hp rings saves lives.

Gobbie ring is a "nice to have", but most groups/duos you don't need
to break charm.

Depends on grouping versus solo. Grouping, Gobo ring is basically worthless.

Soloing, however, Gobo ring basically gives you a much needed 9th spell gem, which is crazy when you think about it.

Edit to Add:

The time Gobo Ring saves you can't be understated. Timing charm breaks with Gobo ring allows you to break charm at <=10% Very consistently, allowing you to kill off mobs with 1 Choke versus 2 or 3. Using Taper enchantment/casting Invis makes timing much more sensitive; I know I've lost plenty of pets trying to get mobs as low as possible.

JBoots are nice, but not nearly as nice as Gobo ring for soloing, which is really the question.
If you're grouping you're probably 1) In a dungeon so no SoW/jboots anyways, or 2) Someone in your group can cast SoW. The only time jboots really matter while leveling is while Soloing, where I'd say Gobo Ring will make a bigger bang for your buck. You can get by with strafing or trading a Breeze/Clarity for a SoW, or, If you're a cheapskate, just buy SoW potions.

About SoW potions vs jboots...jboots are (conservatively) 7k, which could buy 70 10 Doze SoW potions. That's 700 SoWs at 35mins each-- that's 24500 minutes or 408 Hours (17 Days!) worth of SoW, that you can cut up into 100pp incriminates. My advice is to make sure you're going to stick with your twink before you buy jboots; If you don't plan on getting over 17 days /play'd, just buy SoW potions IMO.

If you don't plan on soloing at All, just skip gobo ring and jboots altogether.

Iumuno
02-18-2014, 04:44 PM
About SoW potions vs jboots...jboots are (conservatively) 7k, which could buy 70 10 Doze SoW potions. That's 700 SoWs at 35mins each-- that's 24500 minutes or 408 Hours (17 Days!) worth of SoW, that you can cut up into 100pp incriminates. My advice is to make sure you're going to stick with your twink before you buy jboots; If you don't plan on getting over 17 days /play'd, just buy SoW potions IMO..

Thanks for the calculation, intuitively that's what I thought. Plus sow potions are faster.

It's not only 17 days of played, but 17 days outdoor while needing the faster speed.

Crosswind
02-18-2014, 04:56 PM
10k spending (assuming max prices on everything):
8k: Goblin ring
60p: Cats eye golden braceletx2
200p: Gypsy Medallion
500p: Platinum Fire Wedding Ringx2
500p: Siren Hair Hood
50p: Crude Stein
1k: Rod of Insidious Glamour

All of these items will last you 'til 60. Goblin ring is essential for charm soloing/duoing. Life-changer.

-Cal

Yumyums Inmahtumtums
02-18-2014, 05:03 PM
Depends on grouping versus solo. Grouping, Gobo ring is basically worthless.

Soloing, however, Gobo ring basically gives you a much needed 9th spell gem, which is crazy when you think about it.

Edit to Add:

The time Gobo Ring saves you can't be understated. Timing charm breaks with Gobo ring allows you to break charm at <=10% Very consistently, allowing you to kill off mobs with 1 Choke versus 2 or 3. Using Taper enchantment/casting Invis makes timing much more sensitive; I know I've lost plenty of pets trying to get mobs as low as possible.

JBoots are nice, but not nearly as nice as Gobo ring for soloing, which is really the question.
If you're grouping you're probably 1) In a dungeon so no SoW/jboots anyways, or 2) Someone in your group can cast SoW. The only time jboots really matter while leveling is while Soloing, where I'd say Gobo Ring will make a bigger bang for your buck. You can get by with strafing or trading a Breeze/Clarity for a SoW, or, If you're a cheapskate, just buy SoW potions.

About SoW potions vs jboots...jboots are (conservatively) 7k, which could buy 70 10 Doze SoW potions. That's 700 SoWs at 35mins each-- that's 24500 minutes or 408 Hours (17 Days!) worth of SoW, that you can cut up into 100pp incriminates. My advice is to make sure you're going to stick with your twink before you buy jboots; If you don't plan on getting over 17 days /play'd, just buy SoW potions IMO.

Can instant cast after popping the gob ring. 0 refresh timer means the total space required to charm goes down considerably as you require less space between you and your now uncharmed pet.

Although not complete necessary it is a huge bonus to have. Definitely one of the top 5 items an enchanter should have.

As far as jboots vs. sow - yeah 17 days is huge and that is at 100p per 10 dose. It costs about 60p per 10 dose of you have a shaman who will make them for you at cost. Now at around 25 days played not counting times when someone else is going to sow you. Jboots not worth it unless it's coming out your ears (pp).

Malone88
02-18-2014, 05:18 PM

To be fair, you need to also factor in the time spent BUYING those SoW potions..ie porting back to EC, finding a seller, etc.

I essentially did 60 levels without JBoots or Gobbie ring. Used Taper Enchantment as the charm breaker for most of it (until higher levels). Saving a spell slot is "nice" but not THAT big of a deal breaker, IMO. Have one spell slot for Clarity/Enlighten/Cancel Magic spell is really not that inconvenient. Having to equip the Gobbie ring means I'm also short 55hp and 5 AC ;)

To each his own I guess...

Crawdad
02-18-2014, 05:59 PM
To be fair, you need to also factor in the time spent BUYING those SoW potions..ie porting back to EC, finding a seller, etc.

I essentially did 60 levels without JBoots or Gobbie ring. Used Taper Enchantment as the charm breaker for most of it (until higher levels). Saving a spell slot is "nice" but not THAT big of a deal breaker, IMO. Have one spell slot for Clarity/Enlighten/Cancel Magic spell is really not that inconvenient. Having to equip the Gobbie ring means I'm also short 55hp and 5 AC ;)

To each his own I guess...

You can recharge SoW potions for ~100pp apiece, just always drink from the same one and keep the other at 10 charge.

http://wiki.project1999.com/Guide_To_Recharging_Items

Neither are necessary, but If I had to regear my Ench, Gobo Ring is the first thing I'm buying :P But I solo 90% of the time.

Malone88
02-18-2014, 07:07 PM
You can recharge SoW potions for ~100pp apiece, just always drink from the same one and keep the other at 10 charge.

http://wiki.project1999.com/Guide_To_Recharging_Items

Neither are necessary, but If I had to regear my Ench, Gobo Ring is the first thing I'm buying :P But I solo 90% of the time.
You are correct. There is considerable time saved recharging your own potions,
though you still gotta be close to a merchant (or spend even more money getting
a port).

You are also correct that the soloing Ench will greatly benefit from Gobbie Ring,
but if this is your first toon and don't have the money, you probably won't be able to
afford one until you can camp the courier yourself, which personally I found incredibly
frustrating because I killed over 70 of those suckers without a single ring drop.
Given that I'm more of a grouping chanter, I said F-it at this point and went back to using
Pillage Enchantment because I didn't have 7 or 8k to burn to buy one...

oldhead
02-18-2014, 07:12 PM
Thanks for the help fellows. Got everything I need to know.

Crawdad
02-18-2014, 07:58 PM
You are also correct that the soloing Ench will greatly benefit from Gobbie Ring,
but if this is your first toon and don't have the money, you probably won't be able to
afford one until you can camp the courier yourself, which personally I found incredibly
frustrating because I killed over 70 of those suckers without a single ring drop.
Given that I'm more of a grouping chanter, I said F-it at this point and went back to using
Pillage Enchantment because I didn't have 7 or 8k to burn to buy one...
I spent 10 hours total camping couriers and managed to get 6 Goblin Spiritcatchers... I have abysmal luck. Sucked it up and bought the first one i saw in EC. No regrets.

Malone88
02-18-2014, 08:57 PM
I spent 10 hours total camping couriers and managed to get 6 Goblin Spiritcatchers... I have abysmal luck. Sucked it up and bought the first one i saw in EC. No regrets.Same deal for me. I think I hoarded about 20 Spirit Catchers then went back to XPing in KC. Finally looted A Metal Pipe and traded it for the Gobbie Ring...