PDA

View Full Version : Will Kunark stay populated during Velious release?

Ashimar
02-16-2014, 03:47 AM
i know there are a million threads, but i haven't seen one about the status of other popular zones once Velious hits.

Will i still get to hit sebilis and HS with normal groups?

how about those dragons on Kunark, if they pop, will people move to get them or say "we're busy with velious"?

Will more guilds try to get into VP?

Sebekkha
02-16-2014, 04:01 AM
The leveling dungeons 50 plus will be split between velks KC and Seb , or it was that way on live anyway

Fregar
02-16-2014, 04:55 AM
Velious is mostly known as a raid expansion.
About xp/farm, it adds more options but doesn't replace kunark.

You may have a concern about VP, the rest remains the same with just a few less peoples/competition.

Xelris
02-16-2014, 05:11 AM
It will help spread the wealth a bit. VP becomes a viable alternative option rather than a super-high-delta-wtf-priority.

Also, PoHate and PoFear revamp further increase the spread. Chardok revamp will make AoE harder but also introduces a lot of great new items and quests.

I'm not sure if we're doing the Cazic Thule revamp but a lot of that stuff provides viable high-end grouper items and a couple of raids as well.

Finally, there's legit things to do in Velious for raiding when all major targets are down including gem farming (Siren's Grotto, Lower Thurgadin Tunnels, Kael Arena), dragon farming and screwing around in Dragon Necropolis.

Edit:
On the group front, Sebilis and KC will see a drop as some spread out to Velk's Lab, Kael, Skyshrine, Thurg and Dragon Necropolis, but will not be unpopulated. Chances are it will still be difficult to get into Crypt and King, but easier to set up a group and hit up other camps which would now be commonly available (like disco, chef, NG+Jail)

Kasyra
02-16-2014, 08:26 AM
I only have one question regarding the velious release...Will the Ring war event be included or is that down the road?

webrunner5
02-16-2014, 12:31 PM
If you are a level 60 Velious is not going to amount to a crap unless you are in a BIG TIME raiding guild like the top three on here. You won't even be able to get any good loot in say Kael etc. solo or in a group probably for a LONG time.

But if you are in the 30' 40's it will be fun. Lots of zones in that range will be open.

So yeah Kunark high end zones will still be pretty busy but not as much as of right now.

Gaffin 7.0
02-16-2014, 01:07 PM
I only have one question regarding the velious release...Will the Ring war event be included or is that down the road?

no neither will shawl quest

Hollywood
02-16-2014, 01:32 PM
Velious is mostly known as a raid expansion.
About xp/farm, it adds more options but doesn't replace kunark.

You may have a concern about VP, the rest remains the same with just a few less peoples/competition.

Possibly, though there's plenty of mid to mid high range stuff to do. That's what is great about it. It's not just more content for end game.

Tecmos Deception
02-16-2014, 02:44 PM
If you are a level 60 Velious is not going to amount to a crap unless you are in a BIG TIME raiding guild like the top three on here. You won't even be able to get any good loot in say Kael etc. solo or in a group probably for a LONG time.

But if you are in the 30' 40's it will be fun. Lots of zones in that range will be open.

So yeah Kunark high end zones will still be pretty busy but not as much as of right now.

You fell into the "well i'm 60 now and i'm not in TMO so i guess it's time to quit" trap.

Telin
02-16-2014, 02:56 PM
It adds more leveling options for levels 35+, particularly outdoor zones. Which is great!

Aaron
02-16-2014, 03:20 PM

Disgree with this so much. Just sounds like whine to me.

dbouya
02-16-2014, 05:28 PM
On tarew marr when velious came out VP became irrelevant. Not sure that's so terrible though because the velious raids are just so much better than VP.

Also on tarew marr competition for raids went down drastically. The faction system and the lack of any wiki resulted in the top guild and the 2nd guild choosing different factions and leaving each other alone for quite some time. Additionally velious raid's required roughly twice as many active bodies in the raiding roster to down the velious targets as compared to the kunark targets... which made the top guilds on tarew marr drastically open up recruitment.... that said I know nothing about raiding on p99 and the rosters might already be bloated enough to handle velious.

It will help spread the wealth a bit. VP becomes a viable alternative option rather than a super-high-delta-wtf-priority.

Also, PoHate and PoFear revamp further increase the spread. Chardok revamp will make AoE harder but also introduces a lot of great new items and quests.

I'm not sure if we're doing the Cazic Thule revamp but a lot of that stuff provides viable high-end grouper items and a couple of raids as well.

Finally, there's legit things to do in Velious for raiding when all major targets are down including gem farming (Siren's Grotto, Lower Thurgadin Tunnels, Kael Arena), dragon farming and screwing around in Dragon Necropolis.

Edit:
On the group front, Sebilis and KC will see a drop as some spread out to Velk's Lab, Kael, Skyshrine, Thurg and Dragon Necropolis, but will not be unpopulated. Chances are it will still be difficult to get into Crypt and King, but easier to set up a group and hit up other camps which would now be commonly available (like disco, chef, NG+Jail)

I loved grouping in dragon nec back in the day... was a really fun level 60 group zone.

Kender
02-16-2014, 05:46 PM
no neither will shawl quest

they should both be in. shawl up to 7 anyway. 8th wont be