PDA

View Full Version : Hey gm's can we stop this Bat phone spam

krazyGlue
02-15-2014, 01:10 PM
What do I have to do to get someone banned that keeps spamming my guilds rl phone # what kinda proof do I need to provide

nilbog
02-15-2014, 01:11 PM
Why do they have your rl phone number?

krazyGlue
02-15-2014, 01:15 PM
He has acess to our bat phone Becouse he was In our guild

krazyGlue
02-15-2014, 01:15 PM
It's rl harassment shit is ridiculous

Eslade
02-15-2014, 01:17 PM
It's rl harassment shit is ridiculous

It is, but do you honestly think that banning who ever is behind it will make it stop or do you think they'll go full retard and make it worse?

nilzark
02-15-2014, 01:21 PM
It is, but do you honestly think that banning who ever is behind it will make it stop or do you think they'll go full retard and make it worse?

http://cdn.meme.li/instances/34864223.jpg

krazyGlue
02-15-2014, 01:22 PM
Maybe it will maybe it won't but something needs to be done . Also chewie it's impossible not to have a batphone it's a must have on any Everquest server

Sobee101
02-15-2014, 01:22 PM
Just my 2 cents...Id have the people effected by this to contact their phone company and have the number blocked. You can contact the non emergency number of your local authorities and they will sometimes accommodate you and call the individual. Or depending on your local laws you can also press charges of harassment.

I would say this violates the play nice policy :
DO NOT use racist remarks. DO NOT harass people. Limit your use of profanity, especially in public channels. Remember there is a difference between cursing and cursing at someone. You will receive warning, and if you still refuse to cooperate, you will be banned.

Guess it depends if he has done this before. But id work on getting some screen shots together and petition it :)

Zereh
02-15-2014, 01:23 PM
wtf is a GM supposed to do? Block the caller on your cell phone...

YendorLootmonkey
02-15-2014, 01:24 PM
Gotta weigh the risk of missing pixels in a video game over the risk of something like this happening with your RL phone info. For me, too much of a risk to give phone info out.

big mouth chew
02-15-2014, 01:24 PM
Maybe it will maybe it won't but something needs to be done . Also chewie it's impossible not to have a batphone it's a must have on any Everquest server

o i c
wonder what game i been playin, loading screen says everquest yet my cell phone contacts are all females

krazyGlue
02-15-2014, 01:25 PM
This player that keeps spamming 20+ players is in nihilum . Maybe force nizzar to Control his guild or punish the entire guild . I'm sure they will respond when you hit them where it hurts . In the pixels

nilzark
02-15-2014, 01:26 PM
Post the transcripts of the phone calls. Also, name and shame.
Nevermind. You beat me too it.

Zoolander
02-15-2014, 01:27 PM
can i get on this batphone too please? this would be around 8am my time and a perfect alarm clock

krazyGlue
02-15-2014, 01:33 PM
This player aka tunak has been spamming to this extent for a few months now .

big mouth chew
02-15-2014, 01:36 PM
i thought heartbrand already alerted the cyber police & state police
figured they would have called in SWAT teams by now
unless, of course, in the grand scheme of things its not actually a very big deal?
/shrug
guess ill never understand

krazyGlue
02-15-2014, 01:44 PM
Now reading the pnp the following rules are being blaintly broken by tunak and nihilum. 6-7-10-12 this shoul result in an bann or an entire guild being broken up or suspended it is nizzars duty as a guild leader . To control his members ... As it stands if an outsider reads this thread I doubt they will wana start playing on red knowing they can and might be harassed on a personal level

SamwiseRed
02-15-2014, 01:48 PM
glad i never signed up for any kind of batphone. always thought that was a little much for a emulated server. sucks you are getting spammed but what were you thinking when you gave your number out to weirdos.

krazyGlue
02-15-2014, 01:49 PM
I'm not telling anyone what to do . I'm just pointing and highlighting out the possibal solutions to these players breaking the server rules time and time again

Eslade
02-15-2014, 01:49 PM
This player that keeps spamming 20+ players is in nihilum . Maybe force nizzar to Control his guild or punish the entire guild . I'm sure they will respond when you hit them where it hurts . In the pixels

I'm a bad person but I kinda laughed at the one on the bottom.
Wake up, grab a brush put on a little make up.
But yeah not cool being spammed like that.

krazyGlue
02-15-2014, 01:50 PM
I don't care about me being spammed its other players in my guild with baby's that are being woke up by this raging rule breaking nihilum member . It's making the community as a whole look bad and this isn't the way to promote server growth .

mostbitter
02-15-2014, 02:01 PM
this thread is hot, rating it 5 stars.

P.S. You guys have been throwing my number all over craigslist for 2 months now,I get over a hundred messages a day. you guys also post my rl info all over the forum, and you guys started all this when you stole from me. Pras Nilbog!

krazyGlue
02-15-2014, 02:02 PM
I like you tunak .
But
It's
Time to stop being so toxic your making the community and staff look bad .

mostbitter
02-15-2014, 02:05 PM
Why don't you tell lite to return what he stole from me and get whoever keeps putting me on craigslist to stop?

krazyGlue
02-15-2014, 02:09 PM
Why don't you tell lite to return what he stole from me and get whoever keeps putting me on craigslist to stop?

So basicly your admitting to doing this and you won't stop Because of some "acuasations" twords 1 other player ? Why are you spamming 20+ people if they have nothing to do with it . Not only do you look like a fool and making this entire server look bad by blaintly breaking 4 of the pnp rules but your harassing people that have nothing to do with it

Sturgeon
02-15-2014, 02:11 PM
I keep thinking of Batman with all this bat phone talk.

LulzSect
02-15-2014, 02:14 PM
o i c
wonder what game i been playin, loading screen says everquest yet my cell phone contacts are all females

Mac Dretti
02-15-2014, 02:19 PM
http://images.picturesdepot.com/photo/p/pink_laughing-3538.jpg

krazyGlue
02-15-2014, 02:24 PM
Nihilum is taking this as a joke . But the matter at hand is not funny and should not be tolerated . This is bad for the server as a whole .

Sektor
02-15-2014, 02:39 PM
this is why I could never join Azrael. Nice allies and mostly good people but there will always some of there members that rubbed me the wrong way including max.

LulzSect
02-15-2014, 02:40 PM
http://i.imgur.com/alNp8ic.gif

k9quaint
02-15-2014, 02:45 PM
GMs have witnessed Mostbitter admit to RL harassment and saying its up to the players to solve it.
Doesn't Mostbitter live in Florida? Just have someone "stand your ground' him. Sort of surprised this hasn't already happened.

Mac Dretti
02-15-2014, 02:46 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWRyj5cHIQA

thisuserwasbannedlol
02-15-2014, 02:52 PM
^^^^^

its the risk you guys took, sorry it didnt work out for you

chewie is like a red99 therapist, he can put anything into perspective.

Platexchange
02-15-2014, 03:10 PM
Haven't played on server in a long time for this exact reason. Players acting this way in prominent guilds and the immediate response from a gm should have been "we are looking into this" was instead nilbog proving once again that even on a free server it's not worth it. You guys have 2 problems, 1. you have bad people doing bad things. 2. The gms are ok with it. No amount of pr or damage control can prove otherwise.

nilbog
02-15-2014, 03:16 PM
was instead nilbog proving once again that even on a free server it's not worth it.

Seems like you took what I posted the way you wanted.

#1. If the issue is reported in petitions, the staff will handle it or tell people they can't. I don't have anything to do with it.

#2. This was posted in a server chat area. If you don't think my innuendo of "don't give people on the internet your fucking phone number" was not clear enough, for everyone reading, don't give people on the internet your fucking phone number.

krazyGlue
02-15-2014, 03:20 PM
Yes nilbog that sounds all good .
But being in a Everquest guild that is trying to compete for dragons and Such . A batphone is required there is no way around it . Also we can't just block him because as you can see in pic I posted its happening threw emails and every day or few days he just changes his email and continues to spam . Like I said I pointed out 4 different pnp rules he is blaintly breaking I sure there is some sort of solution to this .

YendorLootmonkey
02-15-2014, 03:23 PM
But being in a Everquest guild that is trying to compete for dragons and Such . A batphone is required there is no way around it.

What he's implying is that if you care THAT MUCH about pixels in a 15-year-old elf simulator that you are freely giving out your phone number to weirdos on the Internet, you must be prepared for the consequences of such actions.

Platexchange
02-15-2014, 03:26 PM
I agree with you completely, and as I don't know the details of the situation I can only speculate. I took it the way it was perceived from someone who is just browsing the forums. I understand you aren't a gm and the immediate details wouldn't get posted even if you were looking into it. But you are directly tied to this server, and as such each time something like this gets posted and commented on by you or any gm it presents itself as like me hearing the Indian it guy say "have you tried turning your computer on and off?" If all this shit really is happening and still happening then I'd assume so
Someone has already petitioned it. Love your work and you guys do a lot with very little, but from the outside looking in, pretty much views as my original statement.

nilbog
02-15-2014, 03:29 PM
A batphone is required there is no way around it

You think the staff should be responsible for this ^ ? Really. That's your business; not mine. I also do not agree with the statement.

Should consider using a phone app that uses an account name and not your phone number.

krazyGlue
02-15-2014, 03:31 PM
The spam isn't being sent to 1 players its 20+ players some with family's some
Over seas and some living ins basement . All bring harassed by your truly a nihilum member named tunak . Not only is he breaking 4
Pnp rules but he is breaking the law

krazyGlue
02-15-2014, 03:33 PM
You think the staff should be responsible for this ^ ? Really. That's your business; not mine. I also do not agree with the statement.

Should consider using a phone app that uses an account name and not your phone number.

So a
Player in 1 of the top guilds is breaking the server rules and harassing players that play and donate to your server . Is not your problem ? Is that how to promote server growth he is making not only the community look like trash but also the staff

Instagib
02-15-2014, 03:33 PM
Should be a ruling against breaking the law come on now

krazyGlue
02-15-2014, 03:35 PM
I'm not sayin to bann him or bann anyone in his guild I'm sure there are methods around that but look at the bigger picture . A new player reads these forums . And realizes his rl can be compromised due to toxic players and staff don't give a fuck . I'm sure he will sign up and log right in.

YendorLootmonkey
02-15-2014, 03:37 PM
If you give someone your RL address in-game and he comes by and starts dropping steamy deuces on your front porch and throwing his own feces at your family members, how is server staff responsible for that?

They are only responsible for in-game and on-forum harassment.

If you believe laws are being broken, involve the authorities and/or your phone company.

Platexchange
02-15-2014, 03:37 PM
Should be banned along with whoever is posting his to info out as well. If I was brand new and read these forums I'd never make a toon

Zereh
02-15-2014, 03:40 PM
I'm not sayin to bann him or bann anyone in his guild I'm sure there are methods around that but look at the bigger picture . A new player reads these forums . And realizes his rl can be compromised due to toxic players and staff don't give a fuck . I'm sure he will sign up and log right in.

How about if YOU solve your problem instead of expecting others to. Google search: "how to block a caller on my cell phone (https://www.google.com/search?q=how+to+black+a+caller+on+my+cell+phone&oq=how+to+black+a+caller+on+my+cell+phone&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l5.7457j0j7&sourceid=chrome&espv=210&es_sm=122&ie=UTF-8#q=how+to+block+a+caller+on+my+cell+phone&spell=1)". If you can't figure out how to do it your own phone download an app. Stop being such a whiny little bitch.

heartbrand
02-15-2014, 03:42 PM
How about if YOU solve your problem instead of expecting others to. Google search: "how to block a caller on my cell phone (https://www.google.com/search?q=how+to+black+a+caller+on+my+cell+phone&oq=how+to+black+a+caller+on+my+cell+phone&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l5.7457j0j7&sourceid=chrome&espv=210&es_sm=122&ie=UTF-8#q=how+to+block+a+caller+on+my+cell+phone&spell=1)". If you can't figure out how to do it your own phone download an app. Stop being such a whiny little bitch.

The issue is this player, who surprise surprise you are defending and is in your guild, is posting their number to Craig list ads. Some of them are getting a hundred plus calls a day.

krazyGlue
We have put in multiple petitions contacted the home company and the local authorities . That's all been done and in the process but . The spam continues to come . When does the staff an server realize that red99 is plummeting in population that toxic players and actions like this is doing nothing but killing the server . And if nothing is done about it the server will continue to look like shit and players wi continue to be lost and server will go to shit

heartbrand
I don't know why you guys didn't take me up on it and file complaints with his local police department.

Fame
02-15-2014, 03:45 PM
http://i.imgur.com/wLRdPXV.gif

YendorLootmonkey
02-15-2014, 03:45 PM
We have put in multiple petitions contacted the home company and the local authorities . That's all been done and in the process but . The spam continues to come . When does the staff an server realize that red99 is plummeting in population that toxic players and actions like this is doing nothing but killing the server . And if nothing is done about it the server will continue to look like shit and players wi continue to be lost and server will go to shit

This is not server staff responsibility. This is a bunch of greedy pixel-wanters wanting pixels so bad they freely gave out their real life contact information to weirdos on the Internet. That is your own doing. You enabled this to happen. Stop expecting the server staff to clean up the real-life mess you created by giving out your phone numbers.

Zoolander
02-15-2014, 03:50 PM
it would be realy nice if some ppl stop shiting up general pvp chat and keep on writing in r&f where this stuff belongs.

stop questioning nilbog, hes a saint

thank you.

Tassador
02-15-2014, 03:52 PM
Hahahaha keep giving toxic nerds that don't have a vagina your number so they can call you to play Everquest. Hope this goes on forever lol

Sobee101
02-15-2014, 03:53 PM
Seems like you took what I posted the way you wanted.

#1. If the issue is reported in petitions, the staff will handle it or tell people they can't. I don't have anything to do with it.

#2. This was posted in a server chat area. If you don't think my innuendo of "don't give people on the internet your fucking phone number" was not clear enough, for everyone reading, don't give people on the internet your fucking phone number.

^

Sirken
02-15-2014, 04:10 PM
http://gamester81.com/wp-content/uploads/564585_45687_front.jpg

Alunova
02-15-2014, 04:10 PM
If I run around town giving my number out to businesses, barbers, "free" giveaways and strippers, it's no ones fault but my own when it backfires and I start getting spammed with junk.

Information/communication security is personal. Have your number changed and find a more secure and or expendable means of communication if it's that bad.

BeautBabeC
02-15-2014, 04:27 PM
You guys got some numbers, fuck it and spam back. Obviously no one here thinks its a big deal. Time to show them

Zereh
02-15-2014, 04:27 PM
The issue is this player, who surprise surprise you are defending and is in your guild, is posting their number to Craig list ads. Some of them are getting a hundred plus calls a day.

I'm not defending anyone; quit twisting words and being so quick to act the idiot to make a pointless jab. Full retard logic - since you were tagged Nihilum you are equally culpable.

Contact Craig's list and have THEM block your number, get an app to only allow calls from your contact list to come through until this fades away, hound your cell carrier, the police, or whatever. If those things have not worked why would you expect "unpaid" staff on an Elfsim to be able to handle it?

LulzSect
02-15-2014, 04:36 PM
don't give people on the internet your fucking phone number.

phantomz
OMG u got an iPHONE u can block anyones number in 2 seconds..

Colgate
this thread is hot, rating it 5 stars.

P.S. You guys have been throwing my number all over craigslist for 2 months now,I get over a hundred messages a day. you guys also post my rl info all over the forum, and you guys started all this when you stole from me. Pras Nilbog!

u got prof?

k9quaint
02-15-2014, 05:17 PM
As long as the staff here are cool with it, someone message me Mostbitters phone number.
We can take this to the next level, as long as staff here is ok with that.
I don't want to lose my pixels, but it seems that staff here would be ok with it since Mostbitter "gave his phone number to the internet".

Smedy
02-15-2014, 05:20 PM
Zereh probably the most biased lobbyist i've ever seen, the corrupted labia smells all the way to sweden and were not amused

I'd hit it with my axe

freez
02-15-2014, 05:33 PM
Zereh probably the most biased lobbyist i've ever seen, the corrupted labia smells all the way to sweden and were not amused

I'd hit it with my axe

LOOOOOOOOOL

Sirken
02-15-2014, 05:36 PM
Contact Craig's list and have THEM block your number, get an app to only allow calls from your contact list to come through until this fades away, hound your cell carrier, the police, or whatever. If those things have not worked why would you expect "unpaid" staff on an Elfsim to be able to handle it?
I'd hit it with my axe

Smedy pal, u must be rustled? because how is she wrong?

Feniggles
02-15-2014, 05:39 PM
Smedy pal, u must be rustled? because how is she wrong?

smedy grew up to be a moron.

freez
02-15-2014, 05:41 PM
the point is hes proven he will harass the players of this 200 pop server

glad you guys want him here

people like me wont play

this is besides the fact of the servers personal problems

lite
02-15-2014, 05:43 PM

I'd hit it with my axe

http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss142/mmntkllr/House-Animation-Oh-My-God-house-md-.gif

Potus
02-15-2014, 05:45 PM
Who the fuck gives their phone number out to guildies on the internet?

LulzSect
02-15-2014, 05:46 PM
Losers.

Nocsucow
02-15-2014, 05:51 PM
Reds thriving bro... bat phones going out errday

thisuserwasbannedlol
02-15-2014, 06:36 PM
the fact that sickpuppy asks here for help just proves how immersed he is and how fucked he is in real life.

The fact that all these people even share numbers knowing this stuff is going to happen chuckles my jimmys raw, many lols from thread and im comforted knowing I can come to this forum and laugh at 100% lifeloser retards at any moment of the day.

thx guys

Etorryn
02-15-2014, 06:38 PM
the fact that sickpuppy asks here for help just proves how immersed he is and how fucked he is in real life.

The fact that all these people even share numbers knowing this stuff is going to happen chuckles my jimmys raw, many lols from thread and im comforted knowing I can come to this forum and laugh at 100% lifeloser retards at any moment of the day.

thx guys

Says the guy who posts here nearly 8x a day.

heartbrand
02-15-2014, 06:54 PM
Zarah same person who defended supreme vigorously on the nihilum internal forums after he spammed my address and phone number all over ooc. Zero credibility to her.

Mac Dretti
02-15-2014, 07:00 PM
http://www.9thgencivic.com/forum/attachments/water-cooler/14602d1352934270-random-meme-thread-uploadfromtaptalk1352934263047.jpg

Tradesonred
02-15-2014, 07:06 PM
Take it to the next level

Subscribe every nili to every virus giving, phone sex ordering, gayest hotbody porn stuff on the internet

I gave my phone number to lite. My error of judgement was thinking that he would keep this information to himself, and private instead of giving it to someone like mostbitter who you can see has issues straight off the bat when you meet him.

JayN
02-15-2014, 07:07 PM
Fuck a batphone those sociopaths are never getting my phone number; just leave vent up while you do other stuff

krazyGlue
02-15-2014, 07:12 PM
im glad to see that the staff thinks its. a joke. but infact this is the type of shit that drives players away from the server. and this is not only hurting the 20+ people that are being spammed but it is also hurting the community as a whole. we will see far less new players on the box with toxic players/ moves like this

Tradesonred
02-15-2014, 07:16 PM
im glad to see that the staff thinks its. a joke. but infact this is the type of shit that drives players away from the server. and this is not only hurting the 20+ people that are being spammed but it is also hurting the community as a whole. we will see far less new players on the box with toxic players/ moves like this

They are right in that this is an issue that goes beyond server policing.

Ive not been spammed shit by mostbitter (at least i dont think so i dont check text msgs) but you can be sure if im ever woken up at 4 in the morning by him, ill be all over that contact the Florida police thing.

iiNGloriouS
02-15-2014, 10:25 PM
Sadly this Virgin doesn't live in Florida, so it doesn't matter. He put my # on craigslist, got over 600 texts and 45 phone calls in the span of 20-30 minutes. Phone couldn't even keep up.

k9quaint
02-16-2014, 12:58 AM

Just order a fuck-ton of fertilizer, diesel fuel, and 50 gal drums sent to his house. Then email him (from a throwaway account) detailed parcel maps of Washington DC, blueprints of historic buildings, and text him verses from the Koran periodically.

Target will end up in Gitmo and get water boarded for pixels & passwords. Take it to the next level. :)

krazyGlue
02-16-2014, 02:22 AM
This is toxic behavior and should not be tolerated by either staff or guild leaders regardless of the guild or server . I truly would like to see the server grow . More population the better but actions like this wont make that happen

LulzSect
02-16-2014, 02:30 AM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_E3mynPCICaQ/SzB9xpa9FUI/AAAAAAAACKI/PDi7OG1MzlM/s1600/14335_102361176451322_100000323192269_56262_821728 5_n.jpg

Jenni D
02-16-2014, 04:15 AM
Kind of lulzy situation. Zereh has some points, smedy is certainly still very cool, & what the hoot is Yendor doing in Red server chat?

Silent
02-16-2014, 06:48 AM
Who needs random strangers calling you when your former guild leader can call you 40x a day for a week leaving dozens of voicemails?

http://i.imgur.com/tjjj6qL.jpg

Anyway it took a bit of work or so but I was able to block all the shit and craigslist can block any ad going up with your phone number in it if you prove its yours to them. Not hard if you go and look, Kind of funny this thread pops up as a 'oh look we have your info too but just sayin, get your guildy in check' then by page 3 people are being spammed already. Including certain lists that only people like former azrael leader/officers would have, Yet the person(s) take action against dozens and dozens of others because of the action of 1 person.

runlvlzero
02-16-2014, 06:59 AM
Still glad I never gave out my phone to old AZ.

Bardalicious
02-16-2014, 11:46 AM

wash that blanket. holy fuck.

heartbrand
02-16-2014, 11:53 AM
Thought Jupe was a high roller but the kid is stilling using 3G? What a newb.

YendorLootmonkey
02-16-2014, 12:17 PM
http://i.imgur.com/XPaQng1.jpg

Squire
02-16-2014, 12:38 PM
Why did you hand place a cheap 5.56 round next to your phone on a raw, sheet-less and dirty mattress pad?

Mac Dretti
02-16-2014, 12:56 PM
Thought Jupe was a high roller but the kid is stilling using 3G? What a newb.

man u on fire this morning

pras

Zoolander
02-16-2014, 02:35 PM
i just found this sweet free app called boxcar2 in the iphone appstore. works like a charm and u can exclusively use this one for batphones and delete it whenever u quit the game.

ull find your personalized boxcar email and alerts in settings once u open the app

try it out and never look back

Tassador
02-16-2014, 03:10 PM
this shit made me spit my beer lol

Clark
02-17-2014, 05:40 AM

Make an example of the low class scumbag doing this to people Nilbog. The people motion for Justice.

Clark
02-17-2014, 05:42 AM
Sadly this Virgin doesn't live in Florida, so it doesn't matter. He put my # on craigslist, got over 600 texts and 45 phone calls in the span of 20-30 minutes. Phone couldn't even keep up.

Motion for Justice; this stuff is screwed up.

Smedy
02-17-2014, 05:53 AM
Who needs random strangers calling you when your former guild leader can call you 40x a day for a week leaving dozens of voicemails?

Anyway it took a bit of work or so but I was able to block all the shit and craigslist can block any ad going up with your phone number in it if you prove its yours to them. Not hard if you go and look, Kind of funny this thread pops up as a 'oh look we have your info too but just sayin, get your guildy in check' then by page 3 people are being spammed already. Including certain lists that only people like former azrael leader/officers would have, Yet the person(s) take action against dozens and dozens of others because of the action of 1 person.

man you shoulda paid up and became a legend, thank nizzar for lost lulz

iiii earned it

iiii deserved it

now once more the black hole appears on the scene, you shoulda struck when he was weak but your greed got the best of ya

now enjoy stolen dragons

iiNGloriouS
02-17-2014, 05:57 AM
So where's Brennard's JBoM now?

Nocsucow
02-17-2014, 06:42 AM
Reds thriving bro... bat phones going out errday

Bazia
02-17-2014, 07:16 AM
I recruited Brennard into Azrael by shitting on him and runlvlzero in Guk and various zones routinely on my monk.

Then he respected us and joined. Super cool dude, sucks super bad that he quit.

Bazia
02-17-2014, 07:18 AM
Lite's a good guy, such ungrateful fucks.

patchday
02-17-2014, 09:01 AM
what did we learn today kids? only noobs use there phone number for batphone
Learn how to block phone numbers from you cell.

SHITS CLASSIC

Sturgeon
02-17-2014, 10:27 AM
11 pages, holy fuck.

diplo
02-17-2014, 10:30 AM
you know you can block them...right?

HippoNipple
02-17-2014, 10:33 AM
If I run around town giving my number out to businesses, barbers, "free" giveaways and strippers, it's no ones fault but my own when it backfires and I start getting spammed with junk.

Information/communication security is personal. Have your number changed and find a more secure and or expendable means of communication if it's that bad.

Focusing the attention on the victim for being "dumb" and ignoring the guy sitting here in our community that is the problem is very naive and irresponsible. The ones in charge backing this reasoning are ridiculous. The only comment that should have been made is:

We are looking into this and will do what we can to resolve the issue. For future reference please hide the identity of your phone number when participating in bat phone lists with the use of apps.

How is it not obvious how to react in this situation as a GM/Dev?

rusty81
02-17-2014, 10:34 AM
Looking at the text, shit is kinda funny.

Dude its 2014 there is an option in your phone to just ignore/block that #...

I don't get it.

Or Turn your ringer down, or block the # with your provider Or spam him back.

if you have android
http://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/how-to-block-phone-calls-on-your-android-smartphone/

and if you have ios
http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2013/09/iphone-call-block-faq/

Nirgon
02-17-2014, 10:40 AM
You are telling people that cried about xp on an advertised as classic EQ server to the point it was changed to deal with this themselves.

Just a heads up.

HippoNipple
02-17-2014, 10:40 AM
I'm not defending anyone; quit twisting words and being so quick to act the idiot to make a pointless jab. Full retard logic - since you were tagged Nihilum you are equally culpable.

This thread wasn't made to fix the problem of some psycho's real life actions, who happens to be hanging out with you guys on a nightly basis (not sure how you are so retarded to not guild remove this guy).

It was more of a request for punishment since someone in your guild is so sick over pixels that not only will do they wake up at 6 am to kill dragons 15 years after content is released but make threats in real life in hopes that the harassment will lead to them gaining more pixels on this game.

No the GMs can't do anything about controlling the actions of this sick individual outside of this game but then again, this game is obviously very very important to him and if a GM threatened his in game pixels for harassing players in real life there is no doubt he would do exactly as he is told.

Nirgon
02-17-2014, 10:42 AM
Sirken will you heat up my dinner for me? Mommy says I can't use the stove.

HippoNipple
02-17-2014, 10:44 AM
Looking at the text, shit is kinda funny.

Dude its 2014 there is an option in your phone to just ignore/block that #...

I don't get it.

Or Turn your ringer down, or block the # with your provider Or spam him back.

if you have android
http://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/how-to-block-phone-calls-on-your-android-smartphone/

and if you have ios
http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2013/09/iphone-call-block-faq/

The guy has been spamming emails with different email addresses and getting different numbers to call them, not just from one number. The only thing you could do is change your number and deal with having to tell everyone on your contact list about it or block all unknown numbers, which to some isn't a good solution either unless your phone is only used for friends/family. It isn't too rare I get calls from numbers outside my contact list that end up being important.

rusty81
02-17-2014, 10:59 AM
The guy has been spamming emails with different email addresses and getting different numbers to call them, not just from one number. The only thing you could do is change your number and deal with having to tell everyone on your contact list about it or block all unknown numbers, which to some isn't a good solution either unless your phone is only used for friends/family. It isn't too rare I get calls from numbers outside my contact list that end up being important.

Damn that does suck.