PDA

View Full Version : Trivial loot code

Coridan
02-15-2014, 08:26 AM
Trivial loot code should apply to gnoll fangs.

Get off my spawn.

myriverse
02-15-2014, 09:18 AM
No game feature more disgusting than trivial loot codes.

Swish
02-15-2014, 11:56 AM
Came in with the Warrens didn't it? Let the newbies have their zones... if you ever watch any P99 content on YouTube you'll see Bob and one of the others (might be Hathan from Supremacy) mention the problem farming gnoll fangs due to high level people sweeping BB clean.

nilzark
02-15-2014, 01:08 PM
I have a theory about gnoll fangs. Correct me If I am wrong. But it seems that it takes just as long to get gnoll fangs as it does to just level normally or with a little bit of buffing. This is truth at least at around level 10.

TWDL_Prexus
02-15-2014, 01:58 PM
I have a theory about gnoll fangs. Correct me If I am wrong. But it seems that it takes just as long to get gnoll fangs as it does to just level normally or with a little bit of buffing. This is truth at least at around level 10.

I leveled my rogue in BB starting at 4. By the time I was 14 I had enough fangs to level myself to 22. It was nice playing off hours though. I would log in at prime time to see 14-20+ people there and not a gnoll in sight.

Sturgeon
02-15-2014, 02:14 PM
Okay on Red99 and solve your own problem if you want people out of the way

Yumyums Inmahtumtums
02-15-2014, 02:44 PM
Okay on Red99 and solve your own problem if you want people out of the way

I went to BB numerous times and I was the ONLY person there.

That, and with the xp bonus you level too fast to get any cash.

Lune
02-15-2014, 03:21 PM
Once upon a time when there were 450 people on the server, and there was a good chance you'd have BB to yourself, or almost to yourself, gnoll fangs were an excellent way to level from 5-12ish.

Now the place probably looks like Disneyland, I'm sure you've got special needs folks staying there into the high teens, etc etc

Avoid

Grizzled
02-15-2014, 03:25 PM
Trivial loot is about the worst idea for EQ. Everquest has always been about backwards farming. You go and make your levels then come back and do things you need to do. Levels made it easier to accomplish.

Iumuno
02-15-2014, 04:42 PM
Trivial loot is about the worst idea for EQ. Everquest has always been about backwards farming. You go and make your levels then come back and do things you need to do. Levels made it easier to accomplish.

It's funny because on one hand we have a no boxing rule to promote social interaction, and on the other hand we have bottom feeding which is exactly the opposite thing.

As far as I am concerned, what's fun in EQ isn't about bottom feeding... I do the content while it's level appropriate, then move on.

+1 for TLC