PDA

View Full Version : Playing Warrior without sugardaddy

purpherb
02-15-2014, 05:35 AM
So I am playing a warrior as my first character on this server. A lot of what I have read is that warriors are the most gear dependent in the game and require items that are priced above what a new toon can usually purchase. Would it be foolish for me to play a warrior without a higher level character to farm plat for him?

I also have interest in raiding eventually. Would a barbarian warrior be able to be a top notch main tank assuming I get the correct gear eventually? I know Ogre is the 'best' warrior race but I also read that the stat cap can be reached with items anyway.

Really excited to get back into this game! I am hoping to explore some of the zones that are usually empty and most people do not see, so if anyone else is interested in doing some dungeon raiding and questing just for the sake of exploration and discovery let me know! Awesome job devs this server is a great thing.

Tasslehofp99
02-15-2014, 06:02 AM
halfling warriors are da best

Sebekkha
02-15-2014, 07:04 AM
Play what you want to play my friend and welcome !

bartly
02-15-2014, 07:29 AM
Just work on getting a decent hp pool. Then you can solo effectively with bandages even when you can't find a group.

Server is mature enough that a lot of twink gear is dirt cheap. Groups are pretty easy to find and buffs are given out like candy. You won't have any problems playing a warrior as your first character.

Tecmos Deception
02-15-2014, 08:12 AM
You won't have any problems playing a warrior as your first character.

I don't know if I'd go quite THAT far. It will be doable, for sure, but it probably won't be easy, even if you only play primetime.

Coridan
02-15-2014, 08:17 AM
Go Dwarf, the Scarab armor is decent AP for low levels and I managed to get all three pieces by level 4 from buying the higher level scarab shells off merchants.

myriverse
02-15-2014, 09:23 AM
None of my characters have had "sugardaddies," and I mostly play warriors. Everything each character has is what that individual character could afford. They all get at least a whole suit of bronze (or equivalent) by their teens and other great items. This is one of the benefits of a top-heavy server-- sell-me-downs are plentiful.

You don't need to be massively twinked.

Solb
02-15-2014, 10:00 AM
It's not bad gearing a warrior, even as a new player. You don't have to put your money into spells, what you loot goes directly to your gears. There are very cheap, very nice weapons for warriors. For instance, you can get a Jarsath Trident (11/22 ratio) for 100-200pp. Get a Jade Green Broadsword (11/25 ratio) for 100pp. There are other cheap weapons that often sell, I am pointing out a couple that are very commonly sold in East Commons.

From there you just need to pick up armor on the way. To make cash easily, buy bone chips from vendors if you see them, or farm bone chips from skellies then sell them for 10pp a stack, you will have plenty of plats to buy gear with that.

As for race, I find it best to play the race you will level as high as possible. Play one that you enjoy. Sure. Ogres are awesome in stats, and have innate racials which seem a bit unfair to other races. But. if you find that big, fat, ugly non-dungeon crawling monster called an ogre not-so-fun to play, what is the point? Make what you find aesthetically appealing, you will go furthest with that.

Tasslehofp99
02-15-2014, 10:05 AM
As for race, I find it best to play the race you will level as high as possible. Play one that you enjoy. Sure. Ogres are awesome in stats, and have innate racials which seem a bit unfair to other races. But. if you find that big, fat, ugly non-dungeon crawling monster called an ogre not-so-fun to play, what is the point? Make what you find aesthetically appealing, you will go furthest with that.

halfling

Solb
02-15-2014, 10:07 AM
Halflings are awesome, they get nice stats too, get hide, sneak, and are small. Plus they have awesome comb-overs!

Buellen
02-15-2014, 12:35 PM
hello

If you want to have some versatility you cannot beat halfling warrior. You can single pull from group of mobs once you figure sneak pulling. It is extremely useful to find an xp camp when you cannot get a group.

I play a Half Elf Warrior because i enjoy it.

dbouya
02-15-2014, 04:46 PM
I thought sneak pulling was patched out of p99 at some point in the past couple years despite working initially?

webrunner5
02-15-2014, 05:06 PM
I thought sneak pulling was patched out of p99 at some point in the past couple years despite working initially?

Inviz pulling was nerfed here what 2 patches ago maybe less?

dbouya
02-16-2014, 05:53 PM
Inviz pulling was nerfed here what 2 patches ago maybe less?

do you mean to say that sneak pulling is included in this nerf? or isn't? I just wanna be sure... because I don't really know which it is.

Jimjam
02-16-2014, 06:09 PM
hide pulling has been for sure, I'm not sure if sneak pulling was meant to have been nerfed out, but I've just seen evidence it has on my ranger.