PDA

View Full Version : Stein of Moggok Quest question

NirrtiXXX
02-14-2014, 04:23 PM
I am about to start off a new enchanter, I know the quest can be done at 8 with a Dark Elf, but how hard is it with a say, High elf? An Agnostic one of course.

Crawdad
02-14-2014, 05:57 PM
Same difficulty, you just have to wait for 12 for illusion: dark elf.

Vallanor
02-15-2014, 11:43 AM
Yep, easily done at level 12 regardless of race as long as you're agnostic. Be sure to make a koalindl killing alt. Avoid that faction hit!

Dragr
02-15-2014, 02:18 PM
Or, do it with no faction hits. Do the Tonic Quest. When heading to Euridin stop off at Surefall and get the stuff from Druid that has to be turned in to the Gnome in Tick Tock City. Donate for ports to get around. More fun than trying to kill that }#%* fish that does not drop every time .

Dragr
02-16-2014, 12:50 AM
Or, do it with no faction hits. Do the Tonic Quest. When heading to Euridin stop off at Surefall and get the stuff from Druid that has to be turned in to the Gnome in Tick Tock City. Donate for ports to get around. More fun than trying to kill that }#%* fish that does not drop every time .

I did this today and did not con Frostbite. I forgot I usually use half Elf with no problem. Stupid dog would not puke.

wdavid78
04-02-2014, 10:03 AM
I've done the regurgatonic quest twice now... once as human, and once in Illusion: Barbarian after casting alliance (took me to amiable w/ Frostbite) and in neither case did he puke up anything. :/ Time to go kill fishies, I guess.

Vermicelli
04-18-2014, 01:30 AM
The thing to remember about going the Regurgitonic route is that, that ol' crankcase Kimble sometimes gets the formula wrong and the potion doesn't work as intended. If you cast Identify on the Regurgitonic, sometimes it will reveal that is it a "Bad" mix, and you should try the quest again. Helluva timesink, if ya ask me. Just make a mule and slice up some tasty koalindl =)

NegaStoat
04-18-2014, 02:52 AM
This server follows old classic retail in that an agnostic dark elf enchanter can run the quest from start to finish at just level 4, IF they did a sufficient number of Jamam and Rebby note passing for Freeport faction. Alliance isn't required - illusions human, half elf, and invisibility will get the job done.

The agnostic high elf will require level 12 for the dark elf illusion, and since you have Alliance from level 8 you can skip the Freeport faction work. If you're in a hurry, the DE will get it done way faster, but you can use the bone chip quest in Kaladim + CB belt turn ins to help reach 12 in a hurry.

Final note - there's a very low percentage chance that killing a Koalindl in Qeynos will spawn a Rodcet Nife avatar fish that will kick the crap out of your character if your faction sucks. so your best bet is to use a mule to kill the fish, but then again, it's a small hassle to switch to your main and loot the dead fish within the time frame without a mishap.