PDA

View Full Version : Stein of Moggok quest question

NirrtiXXX
02-14-2014, 04:15 PM
I am about to start off a new enchanter, I know the quest can be done at 8 with a Dark Elf, but how hard is it with a say, High elf? An Agnostic one of course.

Vellaen
02-14-2014, 05:04 PM
You can do the quest at 12 as an agnostic High Elf with Illusion: Dark Elf. There's a lot of running involved, and you won't want to kill the koalindl fish yourself (big negative faction hits with the good guys in Qeynos), but it's doable.

Vermicelli
02-14-2014, 11:00 PM
You might want to create a "mule" character to get the koalindl corpse. This will be a disposable toon that you don't care about the future of. I would suggest a warrior who follows Rodcet Nife. Put all of your creation points into Stamina, as STA determines how long you can hold your breath underwater. I have always found it easier to get Level 2 before tackling the koalindl. After you kill the fish and make certain it has a koalindl corpse on the bod, log over to your chanter and laugh all the way to the bank.

Xelris
02-15-2014, 12:04 AM
Human SK. You won't be KoS off the bat but one kill and that's probably that. Rodcet-worshiping characters take a little longer but it's inevitable either way, and harmtouch is great because these fish love to swim faster than you, warp around and piss you off.

Sarajo
02-15-2014, 02:14 AM
THAT explains why, for about a week back in January, I'd sit in Qeynos buffing the kids and I'd keep getting that disappointed message fish dying... then a /who would show a guy named "Fishkiller" was in the zone.
Always wondered what his deal was. Thanks for the plausible explanation.

Meiva
02-15-2014, 09:13 AM
Nice tip for the Jum Jum part of the quest. Wait for daytime in kithicor and a bazillion bixies will spawn. I made the mistake of hunting them in misty thicket, but there are only a few bixies.

Crawdad
02-15-2014, 12:01 PM
Nice tip for the Jum Jum part of the quest. Wait for daytime in kithicor and a bazillion bixies will spawn. I made the mistake of hunting them in misty thicket, but there are only a few bixies.

It's two zones over, however, atop the northern most tower on the Misty Thicket wall, there's a spot that spawns 2 Bixies every 3 minutes. Summon a pet, sit down, AFK, check every 4mins for honeycomb.