PDA

View Full Version : Pathing VP Dragon Pathing

Kingore
02-13-2014, 06:56 PM
Today in VP three times we saw CRAZY dragon pathing. The biggest issue we saw was when the dragons hit the 4racnar area/ramp before it, it was just turning around and walking back up. Once when I was tailing the dragon I literally saw it go back up to the 2 drakes. Some thought this might be FE/IB fucking with us, but I saw the same thing happen on their pull later.

Here is a quick fraps of the issue, I know it's not the best.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EognBAsYPss

I think Dolic is going to post a fraps, but if anyone in FE/IB has fraps of this it would be helpful as I'm relatively sure this is not working as intended.

If you need help testing, TMO pullers involved in this who can help reproduce are Kingore and Necrious (others involved also but we can help.)

Hitpoint
02-13-2014, 09:55 PM
I tried to get some fraps of a similar thing. I was watching it with Dolic and Butchh for like 20 seconds. I turned on fraps at the end, but I only got it for a few seconds before the puller died and I had to run away. Basically, the same exact pathing issue exists at the bottom of the ramp leading from balcony to picture room. He walked back and forth in the exact same spot for a long time despite being agro'd on someone. Looked identical to that video.

http://i.imgur.com/EsXq9Tq.jpg?1

Tecmos Deception
02-13-2014, 10:18 PM
I think I see the problem. You were tricked into thinking the dragon was patching strangely because your ui was making your eyes bleed.

Good lord!

Daldaen
02-13-2014, 10:23 PM
I also see the problem.

Combat Ability window, definitely not classic.

Alunova
02-14-2014, 03:24 PM
Fixed, pending update. Let me know if there are other pathing breaks here.

I know you put in effort with screenshots and fraps, but if you really want to speed things up, include a map. I don't keep up with the current location slang, so not sure where 4racnar is!

Mac Dretti
02-14-2014, 03:26 PM
God your ui is hideous, create new bug thread for that

Daldaen
02-14-2014, 04:25 PM
Also... Who has auto attack on their hot bar after level 1.5?

maximum
02-14-2014, 06:33 PM
Also... Who has auto attack on their hot bar after level 1.5?

Graduate to an /assist hotbutton!

Hitpoint
02-14-2014, 07:44 PM
I apologize for the bad UI. It's not my character, and when I log him on it's usually when things are very rushed (VP dragon spawn). The first time I ever logged him in I just threw the windows anywhere, and basically and never had the time or motivation to set it up properly since. I was probably using a different screen resolution too, which is why the UI doesn't fit the screen.

I played him the other day to open Druushk's doors, that's what the screenshot is from. To the guy above: When the only thing the toon ever attacks are dragons you don't need a /assist hotkey.

I'll probably fix his UI at some point, thank's for all the concern and I'll try to make sure my UI is aesthetically pleasing next time before submitting evidence of a bug. Thanks.

Edit: Also evidence of another bug in that picture. No matter how many times I re-targeted him, his hp % didn't change. He was really at 100%, but it shows at 45%.

Freakish
02-15-2014, 04:10 AM
http://i.imgur.com/EGF4vQd.png

Alunova
02-15-2014, 04:24 AM
Can't replicate the lower spot. I've tested all the nodes and trained mobs around it for a while.

It could be a caused by the broken node I fixed earlier (pending update), or it might be based on the position of the PC they are chasing.

If you see it happening after the next patch let me know and I'll get it fixed.

Kingore
02-15-2014, 10:20 AM
Thanks Alunova.

I know that you guys have access to spawn timers - for next VP if you are around the dragons are being downed almost immediately. Might want to stop by.

Next time I will include more information, sorry! I had thought a few more guildies would post their fraps.

Mezzmur
02-15-2014, 12:12 PM
Give me a minute. I'll post Fraps of Hokushin's pull of Druushk where all the wurms/racs ran fine, but drusshk danced on the ramp.