PDA

View Full Version : /Anon off

Toomz
02-13-2014, 12:50 PM
/rant on

I have found that for the most part many of the people I have run across the P99 blue server have been really nice and pleasant, Maybe it’s just me but it really bother me how many people use /anon on this server.

I get it sometimes you want to log in and not be harassed by people looking for rez or ports, but not all the time. After all this is supposed to be a social game that’s the whole reason we log in and play online, why shut yourself off to meeting new people, imagine all the friendships your possibly missing out on.

/rant off

Toomz/Rulz

Proud member of <Heroes>

Burrito
02-13-2014, 12:53 PM
I had the same viewpoint until I started playing a cleric. On a druid it's easy enough to tell them you don't have time for a port or are busy with other things. The amount of tells on a clicky cleric is absolutely nuts though. I can't even believe some people giving lip because I wouldn't travel halfway across a few zones to rez them- even if they are just a minority.

Otherwise on most other classes I don't see a use of /role or /anon outside of raiding

Edit: (outside of actually just wanting solitary gameplay)

tristantio
02-13-2014, 12:59 PM
I wish more games had /anon and /role, have there even been any since EQ?

I enjoy the fact that someone can't instantly see what class I am (even if in the same zone), nor what zone I might be hunting in if doing it globally, and I don't even play any of the heavily /whoed classes.

I do take it off if I'm looking for random group invites or conversations though (but a lot of time I'm just soloing on a character while watching TV and not able to do groups/conversations).

Asap
02-13-2014, 01:00 PM
Most people leave up /role so other guilds cannot see their location, for raiding purposes.

Swish
02-13-2014, 01:04 PM
[ANONYMOUS] Soandso

Soandso says 'Hey can anyone spare any gear for a starting (class x)? I'm new to the game and need some help'

No, because if you know how to put an anon tag up, you've been here more than 5 minutes :D

Swish
02-13-2014, 01:06 PM
On the flipside, if you're a cleric that wants to browse the EC spam... I dare you to leave your level/class showing - having to say no to the dozen or so rez requests (some of them from level 8 characters who died in CB) taxes your conscience as much as anything :p

Burrito
02-13-2014, 01:09 PM
[ANONYMOUS] Soandso

Soandso says 'Hey can anyone spare any gear for a starting (class x)? I'm new to the game and need some help'

No, because if you know how to put an anon tag up, you've been here more than 5 minutes :D

The best are those who run up to you and ask for buffs. So you /who them to get a jist of what they need and they are roleplay. And then they have the nerve to have the most ambiguous looking gear.

Daldaen
02-13-2014, 01:13 PM
/anon and /role shouldn't exist at all. Worst addition to game well ahead of exp penalties for hybrids and such.

It especially shouldn't exist on PvP servers though. You should be able to hunt down whoever you want. Being able to anon/role on a PvP server is absolutely retarded.

Lisset
02-13-2014, 01:19 PM
The best are those who run up to you and ask for buffs. So you /who them to get a jist of what they need and they are roleplay. And then they have the nerve to have the most ambiguous looking gear.

I regularly buff noobs as i'm running by...EXCEPT those dumb enough to have /role on.

SamwiseRed
02-13-2014, 01:21 PM
anon/role are useful especially on pvp servers. how about instead of /who all'ing them you just send a tell and talk to them. this is a social mmo afterall.

SamwiseRed
02-13-2014, 01:22 PM
i guess my point is, why does it bother you? showing your level, class, race, guild has nothing to do with social interaction. if you wanna know more about someone's character try asking instead of /who :)

tristantio
02-13-2014, 01:37 PM
I think they are the best thing ever!

baalzy
02-13-2014, 01:44 PM
I only hate the fact that anon/role doesn't show up in a /who all <zonename>

Running to Droga thinking noone is in the zone and you find out there are actually 6 people there can get frustrating. I never used anon/role when I was farming faction/camping items so at least people could see me and ask me for a CC before they wasted their time.

Raavak
02-13-2014, 01:44 PM
Some requests are okay but I get some really absurd ones at times... wizard and cleric chars. I sometimes find it hard to not get annoyed.

Toomz
02-13-2014, 01:45 PM
I get it Sam, but i tend to not try and bother everyone in the zone if i just want to chat with another necro my level, or ask a class that compliments mine if they want to group. I dont like to use /ooc or /shout, I keep to myself unless someone needs help which i try my best to provide.

I am not here to tell people how to play, just express my view as you have which I respect and to a point understand.

Toomz/Rulz

Proud Member of <Heroes>

Orginial 2000 <Heroes> Webpage (http://www.infinitejest.net/eq/orig-heroes/)

Quineloe
02-13-2014, 02:10 PM
I only hate the fact that anon/role doesn't show up in a /who all <zonename>

Running to Droga thinking noone is in the zone and you find out there are actually 6 people there can get frustrating. I never used anon/role when I was farming faction/camping items so at least people could see me and ask me for a CC before they wasted their time.

I was wondering about that.. is that classic?

Also another thing I don't get - why do you people leave corpses everywhere? Some sort of "I died here!" mark.
Why do people not clean out their own corpses? Last week, Kaladim banker had a corpse in front of him, congrats you're too stupid to properly interact NPCs without auto attacking. Let everyone know.

Pringles
02-13-2014, 02:12 PM
Yeah - roll a chanter / cleric / druid and see how long until you put anon or role up.... the tells are ridiculous.

While im in sebilis: "hey can i get a C in crushbone???"

Frug
02-13-2014, 02:15 PM
Yeah - roll a chanter / cleric / druid and see how long until you put anon or role up.... the tells are ridiculous.

At low levels it's not a problem - I am having a problem BUYING a group or even anyone to duo with in EC at level 4/5 with 'chanter or cleric.

Daldaen
02-13-2014, 02:18 PM
Really people exaggerate the tells being bad. Been a high level Druid for years it isn't that bad. Quit being antisocial whiners. Say no to people if they ask something stupid. Er Mer gerd, typing /r no every 15-60 minutes is really fucking hard guys.

Asap
02-13-2014, 02:19 PM

lmao

sox7d
02-13-2014, 02:24 PM
/rant on

I have found that for the most part many of the people I have run across the P99 blue server have been really nice and pleasant, Maybe it’s just me but it really bother me how many people use /anon on this server.

I get it sometimes you want to log in and not be harassed by people looking for rez or ports, but not all the time. After all this is supposed to be a social game that’s the whole reason we log in and play online, why shut yourself off to meeting new people, imagine all the friendships your possibly missing out on.

/rant off

Toomz/Rulz

Proud member of <Heroes>

1.) http://static3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120724043925/degrassi/images/8/8d/Gay-seal_large.jpg

2.) It seems you only want to be friends with wizards, druids, chanters and clerics, or else what's the difference between anon or not?

Toomz
02-13-2014, 02:24 PM
your right pringles, In my defence I did play enchanter from 99 - 2006 and Clicky cleric from 2004-2006 on live, but never here on this server, my plan is to continue to play my chanter here once my necro is high enough to farm items for it.

Maybe my opinion will change, when i have experienced what you have.

Toomz/Rulz

Proud Member of <Heroes>

Sarajo
02-13-2014, 02:26 PM
First of all, tread carefully when you start stepping into the territory of "telling other people how to enjoy their leisure activities". Even I'm tiptoeing because maybe you enjoy ranting for the sake of getting reactions.
Second: People /anon for a variety of reasons, just as people keep /anon off for a variety of reasons. Sometimes you're a professional teleporter but are in a group and can't keep declining your usual clientele who are begging for ports, so you make an arrangement of "Don't bother me when I'm /anon; it means I am not available"
Maybe you're camping a rare spawn for a rare drop for a friend, and it's a surprise gift, and you don't want to let them know where you are or what you're up to.
Sometimes you are hiding from high-level griefers.
Sometimes you are in and out of AFK and don't want to deal with the "What are you doing in _____ zone? " "Hello?" "??????" "y r u ignoring me" tells.

In a certain other MMO, there was no /anon mode, and their management even believed in global IDs that could not be hidden once you were on each others' friends list, so people could send you the tells like "Oh I see you're on X server playing your X level X class in X zone" - could it be any more stalkery?

I'm sorry others' desire for privacy somehow ruins your game experience.

I wish more games had /anon and /role, have there even been any since EQ?

City of Heroes had some pretty good options, even letting you go so far as to completely hide from other player searches.

/anon and /role shouldn't exist at all. Worst addition to game well ahead of exp penalties for hybrids and such.

It especially shouldn't exist on PvP servers though. You should be able to hunt down whoever you want. Being able to anon/role on a PvP server is absolutely retarded.

I don't know how to put this any more diplomatically, but in working with terrorists and insurgents and sex offenders and other predators I saw this mentality a lot. It's called "rationalization" in the social sciences. Or was that the NSA's "If you have nothing to hide, why do you care if someone sees what you're doing on the internet?" policy? I am completely ignoring your PVP comment because I don't care what they consent to by playing on a PVP server, but here on a blue server a player should have the right not to be followed around virtually. EQ and other MMOs are escapism, right? We play to escape real life. Some players have similar pressures in real life (being followed around, feeling trapped and out of control of their own lives, being stalked by someone) that they're trying to get away from.

For any further reading on why you're not entitled to know what other people are doing at all times, refer back to that time Blizzard thought it was a good idea (http://kotaku.com/5583405/blizzard-scraps-plans-to-display-real-names-in-forums)to attach real names to forum posts.

anon/role are useful especially on pvp servers. how about instead of /who all'ing them you just send a tell and talk to them. this is a social mmo afterall.

I love it! In fact, the only time EQ live turned off was on Discord server (http://everquest.allakhazam.com/story.html?story=2841)(Hardcore PVP) because part of the hardcore-ness was not being able to hide, and perma-death. Unfortunately it degenerated into a hack-fest. "Who could have seen that coming?"
Discord was a great experience that deserves a whole 'nother forum post, so I'll stop here. /anonymous and /roleplay are classic.

Toomz
02-13-2014, 02:35 PM
sox I appreciate the flame, while i dont understand how voicing my opinion makes me gay I respect your right to express what you think.

I didnt say I wanted to be friends with anyone, but i wouldnt log into a ONLINE game and get upset when people ask me for buffs, corpse locates, mob tracking etc.

As and orginal EQ Beta player, I find it upseting that in any given zone most players are anon.

sox7d
02-13-2014, 02:45 PM
sox I appreciate the flame, while i dont understand how voicing my opinion makes me gay I respect your right to express what you think.

I didnt say I wanted to be friends with anyone, but i wouldnt log into a ONLINE game and get upset when people ask me for buffs, corpse locates, mob tracking etc.

As and orginal EQ Beta player, I find it upseting that in any given zone most players are anon.

3.) There are more benefits of an online game than helping others with buffs.

4.)You wouldn't, some would. Those that would will go anon. Sorry they don't play the way you want them to, but feel free to play a dependable class and stay off anon. Not saying you'll hate the tells, but don't expect people to feel the way you do.

I can't even tell if you're serious or not right now.

Tecmos Deception
02-13-2014, 02:57 PM
Some fucking people.

For real. It's like THE fucking theme of these forums anymore, person A bitching about how persons X, Y, and Z don't do things exactly how person A does (which also happens to be how person A thinks all things should be done). And person A being butthurt that what he wants doesn't automatically trump what any and every other person around wants. Etc.

Lojik
02-13-2014, 03:01 PM
Some fucking people.

For real. It's like THE fucking theme of these forums anymore, person A bitching about how persons X, Y, and Z don't do things exactly how person A does (which also happens to be how person A thinks all things should be done).

Come one man everyone should be able to see what zone you're in when you're recharging strings, don't be so antisocial

Tecmos Deception
02-13-2014, 03:04 PM
Come one man everyone should be able to see what zone you're in when you're recharging strings, don't be so antisocial

Lol. That IS why I am always role anymore :)

RIP Leatherfoot Raider Skullcap recharger #1. You will be missed.

Daldaen
02-13-2014, 03:05 PM

Or raiding so there is some semblance of competition (but really there isn't any competition until raids are hard) and to prevent wasting time porting up to hate only to figure out there are 30 /role toons up there clearing it. Or to check a CC before I port and run across a continent to do a camp is like to do.

SamwiseRed
02-13-2014, 03:08 PM
i dont think OP was being malicious. most people didnt use anon/role on my server unless they were a porter. things are different now and people are too busy youtubing while grinding to answer random tells or be bothered when afk camping an item :). how players interact with one another is far from classic here. i mean NBG doesnt exist, pick up naggy/vox raids have been replaced with a 12 man alt squads, and hybrids are shunned here for their xp penalty to just name a few. my original blue server Druzzil Ro was so different (i assume the other blue servers were like this as well) OP just needs to get used to it.

HeallunRumblebelly
02-13-2014, 03:09 PM
I'm never anon on Heallun =D

SamwiseRed
02-13-2014, 03:14 PM
ye i mained a cleric on live and never anon'd. i always thought people who anon'd back then were weird. i understand it now but i remember logging into FV for the first time and quitting after i realized i had to be anon (i think.) dunno for some reason i have that memory of forced anon but maybe im remembering wrong.

skipdog
02-13-2014, 03:16 PM
As a wizard who is rarely anon, I really don't get THAT many tells.

Honestly I don't buy any of this 'I'm a porter and omg I just get spammed nonstop its soooo annoying' BS.

But honestly, I don't have a problem with anyone being /anon. If they don't want to be bothered or others to know where they are, then so be it!

SamwiseRed
02-13-2014, 03:17 PM
i remember in classic just inspecting someone without asking was considered rude as hell lol. classic was pretty funny.

Tecmos Deception
02-13-2014, 03:23 PM
Or raiding so there is some semblance of competition (but really there isn't any competition until raids are hard) and to prevent wasting time porting up to hate only to figure out there are 30 /role toons up there clearing it. Or to check a CC before I port and run across a continent to do a camp is like to do.

You want to be able to see other people on /who in other zones so that it makes your life easier. But you don't want other people to be able to use anon to make their lives easier.

"ME ME ME ME ME."

Sarajo
02-13-2014, 03:28 PM
i remember in classic just inspecting someone without asking was considered rude as hell lol. classic was pretty funny.

I still feel a little guilty when I inspect without asking!
But I remember going from FV, where inspect was something you asked permission to do, to my first day on Rallos Zek, before I'd even made it out of Neriak Third Gate and getting

Rougekiler is inspecting your equipment...
Rougekiler says out of character, "lol"

Also there was no forced anon on FV. What probably got you was the lack of an /ooc channel.

Tecmos Deception
02-13-2014, 03:31 PM
You want to be able to see other people on /who in other zones so that it makes your life easier. But you don't want other people to be able to use anon to make their lives easier.

And no, it doesn't work the other way around. By being anon, I'm simply affecting myself; no one forced you to play something who can't port/clarity/rez, and no one is forcing you to "waste your time" running to a zone that ends up being full, or whatever. Those are your choices to make, and the consequences of those choices are yours to deal with.

But by not letting others be anon, you're forcing your wishes on others for your own benefit.

Burrito
02-13-2014, 03:31 PM

I've never had a problem as enchanter personally. I might just be more open to running around doing nothing productive some days as a way to chill out after a hard work week.

edit:

Oh god I remember all the inspect texts like: I hope you ASKED FIRST.

Snackies
02-13-2014, 03:41 PM
/afk No.

Turns annoyance into amusement!

Ajkuhuun
02-13-2014, 03:45 PM
Back on live I played a clicky cleric for many years, always had anon off and really did like helping folks, but that was when I had hours to devote to fucking off online. Nowadays I just don't have that kind of time, and when I get on its usually for a very short amount of time and I just don't have time to run all over hell's half acre and still have time to get anything constructive done.

I guess what I'm getting at is folks with anon on may not want to spend limited playtime fending off tells or feeling bad because they just don't have time for a rez down in the hole. The other alternative could be they just don't want to and let's face it, do you really want to hear the response you'll get from someone who has no interest in helping you? It seems to me having anon on when you don't want to or can't take time to help is the lesser of the two evils.

Danth
02-13-2014, 03:49 PM
The wife likes /roleplay because it makes her name purple. I suppose that's as good a reason as any for using it.

Danth

Llodd
02-13-2014, 03:50 PM
I will often do /guildsta on people who are /anon and most of the time they are unguilded.

Makes no sense.

Xelris
02-13-2014, 03:54 PM
I've never had a problem as enchanter personally. I might just be more open to running around doing nothing productive some days as a way to chill out after a hard work week.

I always kept anon off on my enc unless I was raiding, including into the pop era when bugging geared enchanters for KEI was a thing. I figured it was an opportunity cost of sorts... never know who you'll meet if you allow for it.

Plus where I was there were a number of fairly successful pickup raids. Having anon on may have prevented ever getting an invite, and on a number of those raids I got a chance to snag things my guild had missed in progression.

Swish
02-13-2014, 03:58 PM
People whining about people whining.

http://static2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130215210136/glee/images/0/0e/Applause-gif-tumblr-i8.gif

Furniture
02-13-2014, 04:00 PM
If your whining on the forum about something as petty as seeing someone with /anon or /role then i'd rather not be friends with you in game anyway

Toomz
02-13-2014, 04:04 PM
lol, omg we cant be friends how will i win EQ?

Furniture
02-13-2014, 04:06 PM
why shut yourself off to meeting new people, imagine all the friendships your possibly missing out on.

I'd hate to see the petty shit you whine about in real life, lol

myriverse
02-13-2014, 04:07 PM
I will often do /guildsta on people who are /anon and most of the time they are unguilded.

Makes no sense.
What does one have to do with the other?

Toomz
02-13-2014, 04:09 PM
lol, im such a crybaby. please be my friend and buff me

Furniture
02-13-2014, 04:10 PM
/anon on

Tecmos Deception
02-13-2014, 04:18 PM
People whining about people whining.[/IMG]

That's pretty much 3/4 of what you do on here Swish, what with the 3 Velious threads per day and all :p

Toomz
02-13-2014, 04:27 PM
YOU WILL NOT EVADE ME Furniture!

Toomz
02-13-2014, 04:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish
People whining about people whining.[/IMG]

That's pretty much 3/4 of what you do on here Swish, what with the 3 Velious threads per day and all

see if you guys were anon this bromance would have not been possible

M.J.
02-13-2014, 04:35 PM
The only thing that bothers me about /anon /role is people that have no reason to use it.

“Hi, I'm fungi_wearing_melee_twink_31000032 and I'm grinding low level mobs. But if anyone discovers where I am or what level I am they'll be able to know where I am and what level I am. You just don't understand how awful that would be for me. I'm trying to accomplish things here. Big important, big picture things. I need to anon, OKAY? I JUST NEED IT! QUIT ASKING QUESTIONS I NEED TO BE INVISIBLE! YOU JUST WISH YOU WERE IMPORTANT ENOUGH TO BE ANONYMOUS! YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND THE PRESSURE I FACE OUT HERE EVERY FUCKING DAY! WHEN THE NSA COMES SNOOPING ON P99 THEY WON'T BE ABLE TO FIND ME, BECAUSE YOU KNOW WHY BITCH! I'M ANON!”

The purple name thing someone mentioned is a legit reason to /role I guess.

sox7d
02-13-2014, 04:36 PM
see if you guys were anon this bromance would have not been possible

YOU WILL NOT EVADE ME Furniture!

lol, im such a crybaby. please be my friend and buff me

lol, omg we cant be friends how will i win EQ?

the kid realized he was wrong and is now imploding. someone send this self-proclaimed rant thread to its rightful oblivion.

Toomz
02-13-2014, 04:37 PM
hahahaha M.J. you have changed my thinking I love /anon now!

Toomz
02-13-2014, 04:41 PM
i stated an opinon, in no way did i proclaim what i say was to be considered law of the land, I respect all opinions and dont take things to seriously. I enjoy the flames about such a simple statment.

Daldaen
02-13-2014, 04:44 PM

"ME ME ME ME ME."

Makes everyone's life easier. But I guess handling a few extra tells is just world ending for some people.

distung
02-13-2014, 04:44 PM
On a side note, try posting in the appropriate forum next time.

Tecmos Deception
02-13-2014, 04:59 PM
Makes everyone's life easier. But I guess handling a few extra tells is just world ending for some people.

If no anon made everyone's life easier, then no one would use anon. And the world doesn't need to be ending for me to dislike minor annoyances. Feel free to stay unanon yourself though, at least no one is trying to say everyone should be anon 24/7.

myriverse
02-13-2014, 05:06 PM
Chat with people I can't see on the screen destroys my immersion!

Die, Voices, Die!

mgellan
02-13-2014, 05:22 PM

Because any guild I've been in requires ppl to be not /anon and show their tag proudly - thats why raid guilds /role instead of /anon when we want to conceal where we're operating.

Personally I suspect people who are /anon of being shady and wanting to hide their guild tags while they do so, but perhaps thats just me :)

Regards,
Mg

Nikon
02-13-2014, 05:41 PM
The only thing that sucks about /anon and /role is when you /who all a zone and it shows almost nobody and then you show up there and there is twice as many people. Easy way to avoid that; send a tell to someone in zone and ask how many people are in the zone. I do it all the time and it's rare that someone doesn't respond or is rude. Otherwise, I don't see the big deal.

Crede
02-13-2014, 05:42 PM

One of the main reasons I started a chanter so that I could have something people actually wanted, after having played a monk on live for so long. But I'm disappointed that I hardly get any tells for anything. I've probably randomly casted C on more people than have asked me, no joke. Maybe that's because there are so many enchanters, I don't know.

Anyway, I'll C/C2 ya if I'm available, I'll leave anon off proudly.

tristantio
02-13-2014, 05:42 PM
Does "/who all count najena" work for finding /anon people (or does the count option not work in this case?)

Tecmos Deception
02-13-2014, 05:44 PM
No, unfortunately. You can't use count unless it is for the entire server.

myriverse
02-13-2014, 05:51 PM
Because any guild I've been in requires ppl to be not /anon and show their tag proudly - thats why raid guilds /role instead of /anon when we want to conceal where we're operating.

Personally I suspect people who are /anon of being shady and wanting to hide their guild tags while they do so, but perhaps thats just me :)

Regards,
Mg
Ah gotcha. Been so long since I've been guilded...

Yumyums Inmahtumtums
02-13-2014, 05:59 PM

Regards,
Mg

Logs for attendance etc...

Xelris
02-13-2014, 07:28 PM
One of the main reasons I started a chanter so that I could have something people actually wanted, after having played a monk on live for so long. But I'm disappointed that I hardly get any tells for anything. I've probably randomly casted C on more people than have asked me, no joke. Maybe that's because there are so many enchanters, I don't know.

Anyway, I'll C/C2 ya if I'm available, I'll leave anon off proudly.

This was the same on live, again with the exception of KEI. Not really worth it to seek someone out and donate for a 27 minute buff or an even shorter haste unless you just happen to be near one hunting the area.

What I did get a lot of was offers of trading SoW for C while hunting in outdoor areas, which I never minded as it's quite mutually beneficial.

On the other hand my porting classes got tells from nearby zones a lot, and my cleric would routinely receive tells from across the globe. Understandable given the weight of xp loss can be several hours of work and ports make a two-hour journey take a couple minutes.

Lightloch
02-13-2014, 08:32 PM
The only thing that bothers me about /anon /role is people that have no reason to use it.

“Hi, I'm fungi_wearing_melee_twink_31000032 and I'm grinding low level mobs. But if anyone discovers where I am or what level I am they'll be able to know where I am and what level I am. You just don't understand how awful that would be for me. I'm trying to accomplish things here. Big important, big picture things. I need to anon, OKAY? I JUST NEED IT! QUIT ASKING QUESTIONS I NEED TO BE INVISIBLE! YOU JUST WISH YOU WERE IMPORTANT ENOUGH TO BE ANONYMOUS! YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND THE PRESSURE I FACE OUT HERE EVERY FUCKING DAY! WHEN THE NSA COMES SNOOPING ON P99 THEY WON'T BE ABLE TO FIND ME, BECAUSE YOU KNOW WHY BITCH! I'M ANON!”

The purple name thing someone mentioned is a legit reason to /role I guess.

This.

Ahldagor
02-13-2014, 10:39 PM
on me druid i just tell people no if they ask for something i can't do at that moment. it isn't hard to politely engage other players.

Llodd
02-13-2014, 10:41 PM

Well yes exactly. What does one have to do with the other ?

Makes no sense.

stewe
02-14-2014, 12:13 AM
/anon is one of the greatest commands in the game

Clark
02-14-2014, 04:07 AM

NextGenesis88
02-14-2014, 04:58 AM

"ME ME ME ME ME."

This. Very egocentric.

NextGenesis88
02-14-2014, 04:59 AM
And no, it doesn't work the other way around. By being anon, I'm simply affecting myself; no one forced you to play something who can't port/clarity/rez, and no one is forcing you to "waste your time" running to a zone that ends up being full, or whatever. Those are your choices to make, and the consequences of those choices are yours to deal with.

But by not letting others be anon, you're forcing your wishes on others for your own benefit.

Tecmos. I like this guy.

Jimjam
02-14-2014, 06:42 AM
What I find amusing is when there are a bunch of anon grouping in a zone and they complain they can't find anyone to fill their group.

Perhaps if they weren't all anon someone would /who all [zone], see there are people grouping there and send a tell asking if they can join.

I have no problem with people using anon when it benefits them, its just funny when /anon is hindering them, they complain about their problems, but don't realise they can easily fix it by turning it off.

On the flip side I think people need to be more respectful of other's time and commitments ... if there is a 55 cleric in seb he is probably doing his own thing and asking for a rez in CB will be a massive waste of time.

NextGenesis88
02-14-2014, 06:47 AM
What I find amusing is when there are a bunch of anon grouping in a zone and they complain they can't find anyone to fill their group.

Perhaps if they weren't all anon someone would /who all [zone], see there are people grouping there and send a tell asking if they can join.

I have no problem with people using anon when it benefits them, its just funny when /anon is hindering them, they complain about their problems, but don't realise they can easily fix it by turning it off.

On the flip side I think people need to be more respectful of other's time and commitments ... if there is a 55 cleric in seb he is probably doing his own thing and asking for a rez in CB will be a massive waste of time.

Definitely agree here as well.

odiecat99
02-14-2014, 09:36 AM
I use it in raids only

odiecat99
02-14-2014, 09:37 AM
on me druid i just tell people no if they ask for something i can't do at that moment. it isn't hard to politely engage other players.

This

Tecmos Deception
02-14-2014, 09:44 AM
Tecmos. I like this guy.

Some people do, some people don't :)

odiecat99
02-14-2014, 09:51 AM
Give my warrior a db sash and Ill love ya

baalzy
02-14-2014, 03:41 PM
Some people do, some people don't :)

I alternate between liking and hating you regularly. Sometimes within the same post!

Blancah
02-14-2014, 05:17 PM

On the other hand, I've tried telling people no politely only to have them rage at me for not dropping what I was doing to travel across the world for them. That I'm an idiot for passing on their plat. This has become much better since the initial Kunark hype died down, so I don't fear running around anonless anymore.

When Kunark was initially released, I was very hesitant to log in due to the barrage of tells for rezzes. That was, hands down, the worst time I've ever had as a cleric between live and P99. So many people felt entitled and would blow up my chat window full of hatred. Being in a guild didn't help either. Zoning into Seb only to have a guildie group ask me to rezz everyone. Having to hold up my group to kill six rezzes worth of mana delayed my group from doing anything until I recovered. I eventually got to the point where I'd set snarky AFK messages for some relief. I'd laugh as people pleaded with my AFK going from begging to outright fury in record time. This was the only thing that kept me sane during the first month or two of Kunark.

Most of my playtime the last few months has been spent logging in and roaming around lower zones to buff newbs. I mostly play without /anon on and I hardly get messages for rezzes. The only time I've got more than one message per round of play was when I was camping pained soul in TT which is understandable since Sebilis is mere yards away. I don't mind if I'm not doing anything to run around and help anyone. Being bound at TD pots makes it way easier in itself.