PDA

View Full Version : 45 shaman solo leveling

Galacticus
02-12-2014, 05:12 PM
I was wondering if anyone had any tips on places to level solo at from 45-49 as a shaman.

I have been killing the same mobs since level 40. Most places people suggested to me end bad with too many mobs. I can handle 2 blues but 3 gets out of hand usually. Maybe there are spots I don't know of that are safe to pull to in the dungeons people suggest?

I have tried spectres, hill giants, guk(usually get too many adds), solb(again with adds) CoM(city of adds/no ivu), Nobles/bards (cant cast in halls as ogre and i cant afford shrink pots yet/ +adds),guards in freeport(really spell resistant and hit hard/hard to split), I have stayed away from OOT/ice giants because they have such high hp takes almost all my mana to kill one at 45.

I am hoping there is something better then just killing random mobs outside of KC or in EJ, maybe somewhere inside a dungeon so the exp is better maybe?

I try to duo or get into groups whenever possible but my playtime usually forces me to solo.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Aaron
02-12-2014, 05:18 PM
CoM is the spot to be. Bloodgills in LOIO are great too if not camped.

Pro-tip: you can make IVU pots.

Galacticus
02-12-2014, 05:25 PM
CoM is the spot to be. Bloodgills in LOIO are great too if not camped.

Pro-tip: you can make IVU pots.

I heard that bloodgills are good for melee because they are casters, maybe not so good for a shaman? I haven't tried them though.

I know about the IVU pots but im so broke I can only afford two of my 49 spells at the moment and haven't gotten all of my 44 spells yet.

baalzy
02-12-2014, 05:38 PM
I heard that bloodgills are good for melee because they are casters, maybe not so good for a shaman? I haven't tried them though.

I know about the IVU pots but im so broke I can only afford two of my 49 spells at the moment and haven't gotten all of my 44 spells yet.

Bloodgills aren't casters.

Benefit of solo'ing CoM is being able to loot rotting pages to max out faction for epic.

Since you're broke, you could try root-rotting assling guards in Rivervale. Some will be light blue to you at 44 but many will still be dark blue. The spears they drop sell for 10pp each. There are ~10 of them you can kill on a 30min repop. Chances are you won't be able to handle all of them before repops. Handy zoneline nearby so you can split them easy enough. You could also just tank them while your pet chews on from behind.

2 outside the bank. 2 near the entrance (one of them is pretty low level). 2 off to your left (facing bank) from misty zone-in past the inn by a bard (bard should be green but will Add if you sit while guard is rooted in range of her or try to pet pull) and then another past the bard that wanders near the little lake. Then back at zone in from misty to your right theres 2-3 more that should all be single-pullable. I never had any of the merchants or anything add on me.

loramin
02-12-2014, 05:39 PM
Per-Level Hunting Guide (http://wiki.project1999.com/Per-Level_Hunting_Guide) has some ideas for places you haven't tried yet (eg. Halflings in Rivervale).

Personally I leveled from 45-52 or so on Troll guards in Grobb. It was great exp, but I imagine you won't want to ruin your Troll faction, so Halflings or Barbarians or some other good race would probably make more sense.

HippoNipple
02-12-2014, 05:42 PM
God damn go make some money. Go back to hill giants.

Yumyums Inmahtumtums
02-12-2014, 05:44 PM
I've always understood the zem as an incentive to take on more challenging content. The challenge of these zones are all the adds you get and unfortunately that's something you need to work with/around if you want to take advantage of preemo xp.

Forget soloing and find a duo partner to level with. Much faster xp

BarackObooma
02-12-2014, 09:20 PM
I've always understood the zem as an incentive to take on more challenging content. The challenge of these zones are all the adds you get and unfortunately that's something you need to work with/around if you want to take advantage of preemo xp.

Forget soloing and find a duo partner to level with. Much faster xp

This. You might turn your nose up at this but go outside Karnors walls in the Dreadlands, find an Ogre Warrior/SK to duo with. My Shaman went from 47 to 49 in one session.

It's a conveyor belt of dark blues. Take as many or as few as you want. Very few trains (rarely from a dumbass bard trying to kite the zone) and there's 3 zone lines and a bank close. Crappy to no loot but focus on leveling.

Galacticus
02-13-2014, 06:19 AM
Thanks

Asap
02-13-2014, 08:27 AM
You can go to 48 very quickly on specs in Feerrott, and they are all single pulls, plus they run at below 20% hp. I'm still getting 1% per kill at 47.