PDA

View Full Version : Game Mechanics: Bard Song Aggro

Colgate
02-11-2014, 03:32 PM
anyone who played a bard back in this era will remember how much aggro bard songs created

i distinctly remember having to wait until the tank in the group built aggro for a good 10-15 seconds before i could even start twisting songs

in this archived thread from 2003:
http://thedruidsgrove.org/archive/eq/t-5646.html

Why? Because SoE lowered bards innate aggro mod a while back, and they said they did, I dont remember when, but I am sure its on castersrealm in thier patch message archives somewhere. This was a direct result of bard songs being massively powerful, and needing to be refreshed every few seconds.

Bard aggro was reduced because bard songs are refreshed every few seconds just to have the same effect as casting a normal spell once, yet each refresh of the bard's songs was treated the same way as a cast of a long duration spell as far as aggro generation. However, it might be spell/song specific rather than class based.

Mac Dretti
02-11-2014, 03:45 PM
Bards were much better CC classes also, which helped combat the agro problems (lull pulls/aoe mez/single mez/snare/slow).

I played a bard up to 54 and never kited a single time.

You either had an enchanter or a bard in group.

On red aoe mez is useless, not sure about blue, but if their agro is going to addressed so should the CC ability imo.

Lasmori
02-16-2014, 06:12 PM
Before the song agro nerf... Pulling hate off your tank during a raid? Sucked. But at least I could do some "tanking" as the only plate class in a small group of my friends.

When they nerfed bard hate, they went way too far. I remember when our dots got fleshed out a bit more in later expansions... having a full set of dots running, meleeing, in close range, and having agro taken away just because someone sneezed. We should have had a larger risk of dying from poor agro management. (Loading the mob up with dots before the tank has established agro should kill you :P)

Lasmori
02-16-2014, 06:35 PM
Bards were much better CC classes also, which helped combat the agro problems (lull pulls/aoe mez/single mez/snare/slow).

I played a bard up to 54 and never kited a single time.

You either had an enchanter or a bard in group.

On red aoe mez is useless, not sure about blue, but if their agro is going to addressed so should the CC ability imo.

I don't recall the AoE mez being entirely great and kept to the single target most of the time. The single target was fantastic however :D