PDA

View Full Version : Variance Change Proposal

Splorf22
02-11-2014, 03:03 PM
1. All raid targets have a fixed chance to spawn each tick of 1 / (7 * 24 * 60 * 10) starting 1 hour after they have been killed.

2. Whenever a raid mob spawns it is broadcast to the server

Logic: as much as I hate variance, I can see why Rogean implemented it. Already people are parking 10 pets on top of Sev's spawn point, poopsocking VS, etc. Removing tracking allows us to keep the fun mobilization part but remove the tedious tracking part.

Striiker
02-12-2014, 09:20 AM
The better solution would be for all to agree to basic rules which stays far away from poop socking. That's really the intent of my other post. I tossed some ideas and observations out to at least get some conversation going. Nobody wants a return to variance but nobody also wants to be following rules when others are not. If we could all agree to some simple, clear rules we would all feel comfortable with the situation. Hopefully that effort gets some traction rather than see Rogean get fed up with the inability for guilds to agree on their own to do the right thing.

Splorf22
02-12-2014, 02:18 PM
Xasten also PMed me and suggested that we add a small amount of spatial variance so that people couldn't just park their pets on stop of spawn points (would only work for outdoor dragons, of course).