PDA

View Full Version : ... The Purple Nurple

Pudge
02-11-2014, 02:33 PM
GMs, could you please respond with your thoughts on something like this?

We could have 1 month where all the blues could transfer, fully geared, only for that 30 day period, and then they get transported back to blue. WITH any loots on their character that they could aquire from Red. This would be an awesome event. Maybe even could hold an event like this biannually. Give the blues a chance to dip their toes and see what pvp is like, and could be, with a huge population. The trick is that they get to KEEP the pixels they acquire on red. This means not only groups or individuals, but entire guilds will come over during this month in order to gear up. Or even just to screw around if they're geared out and want to test what pvp is like.

They could also enjoy our exp bonus... maybe without the 1-50 bonus though, that's a bit much IMO. They would already be getting double exp. So just turn off the 1-50 bonus for that month.

To preserve Red's more pristine economy, make them unable to trade/drop/sell their items (is it easier to turn these features off, or to flag everything they own no drop, and freeze their plat?).

After the month of fun is over, there might be a sizable amount of interest in rolling on red. And then they could enjoy the 1-50 exp bonus to help them get started.

Guys I think this would really be a fun event for everybody, with no down side. (Other than a few red pixels might end up on blue instead of in nizzars bank.) Again, GMs could you please post your thoughts? And anyone else with ideas to make it a good event. Or any problems you think may arise, and possible solutions?

Derubael
02-11-2014, 02:57 PM
Too complicated to implement.

First 17 minutes of this video we talk about things on Red and how to submit your Red ideas.

http://youtu.be/etnw1RmX14o

Colgate
02-11-2014, 03:14 PM
how to submit your Red ideas.

https://www.paypal.com/en_US/i/btn/btn_donateCC_LG.gif

Gaffin 7.0
02-11-2014, 03:15 PM
Lol, just give us more gm events and shit, maybe atleast show that you guys care at all about red. you guys post constantly on blue threads but nothing here

raka
02-11-2014, 03:19 PM
toothpaste man, your posts have been balls deep recently. did u quit or something?

Or are you just no longer giving flying fucks to duckmonkey apeshits?

Colgate
02-11-2014, 03:34 PM
just calling it as i see it

Mac Dretti
02-11-2014, 03:37 PM
Careful, I've been banned for screenshotting the home page b4

Kergan
02-11-2014, 03:48 PM
I just don't understand the infatuation with trying to steal players from blue. They could have rolled here at any point during an exp bonus week and been level 50 and chose not to. Face it they don't want to play on red. Having them come fuck around on the server isn't going to get anyone to stay and it's just going to make the server garbage for that week/month/whatever.

Just seems like the flavor of the month dum idea that will get beat into the ground over the next few weeks. Oh well, makes for interedasting forumquesting while at work. At least HB posted it this time instead of Stasis so we'll get some decent debate instead of the thing going up in flames within 10 minutes.

LostCause
02-11-2014, 03:51 PM

pls ban

HippoNipple
02-11-2014, 03:52 PM
I just don't understand the infatuation with trying to steal players from blue. They could have rolled here at any point during an exp bonus week and been level 50 and chose not to. Face it they don't want to play on red. Having them come fuck around on the server isn't going to get anyone to stay and it's just going to make the server garbage for that week/month/whatever.

Just seems like the flavor of the month dum idea that will get beat into the ground over the next few weeks. Oh well, makes for interedasting forumquesting while at work. At least HB posted it this time instead of Stasis so we'll get some decent debate instead of the thing going up in flames within 10 minutes.

I think the initial hurdle of getting them to try Red is the biggest obstacle. I think players from Blue would like it if they tried it. "Stealing" players from blue would be beneficial for both servers. Blue is too overcrowded and Red needs more players.

Kergan
02-11-2014, 03:55 PM
600-700 good population for an emu box. They'll just make another blue server.

PVP holds no appeal to the vast majority of EQ players, that has been proven repeatedly throughout EQ history.

If you want to increase population direct your efforts at the correct target demographics like people playing on DAoC and UO emus, not people on P99 blue.

Gaffin 7.0
02-11-2014, 03:56 PM

Took
02-11-2014, 03:56 PM
Biggest problem right now is that raid mobs are spawning in the early morning hours of EST.

Not sure if anyone knows this or not, but most of the population is working or not available on weekday morning hours. Shocker.

Nirgon
02-11-2014, 03:58 PM
Getting them to try it is the biggest hurdle? You sure its not the solo grind to 50+? Or how you basically can't start a fresh melee here? Pretty sure that's a bigger hurdle for someone to get over.

HippoNipple
02-11-2014, 04:01 PM
600-700 good population for an emu box. They'll just make another blue server.

PVP holds no appeal to the vast majority of EQ players, that has been proven repeatedly throughout EQ history.

If you want to increase population direct your efforts at the correct target demographics like people playing on DAoC and UO emus, not people on P99 blue.

It's really hard to design products by focus groups. A lot of times, people don't know what they want until you show it to them.
— Steve Jobs

Drag them here one way or another and I think a lot will stay. I agree that it doesn't appeal to the average MMO player from the get go but they don't give it a shot.

Kergan
02-11-2014, 04:02 PM
Biggest problem right now is that raid mobs are spawning in the early morning hours of EST.

Not sure if anyone knows this or not, but most of the population is working or not available on weekday morning hours. Shocker.

Yeah most people at level 12 exping care when raid mobs spawn. Last I checked raid mobs still being killed so whats the prob? Oh you specifically can't raid at the exact times you want so the server must be broken.

There are games out there that let you spawn a raid whenever it is convenient for your raid force. You should try one out seems right up your alley.

HippoNipple
02-11-2014, 04:02 PM
Getting them to try it is the biggest hurdle? You sure its not the solo grind to 50+? Or how you basically can't start a fresh melee here? Pretty sure that's a bigger hurdle for someone to get over.

There are a couple guilds on here that will help out any new player.

Kergan
02-11-2014, 04:07 PM
It's really hard to design products by focus groups. A lot of times, people don't know what they want until you show it to them.
— Steve Jobs

Drag them here one way or another and I think a lot will stay. I agree that it doesn't appeal to the average MMO player from the get go but they don't give it a shot.

People have had 14+ years to try EQ PVP and if they still haven't it isn't for them. The product is way past design phase.

All that would be accomplished by allowing any sort of blue to red transfers is a bunch of red players with characters on blue would use it to mule their shit and/or characters over.

Every one of the ideas you've said will dramatically increase population that have actually gone into effect have had the same net effect: jack and shit. A temporarily false boost as old people come back to check it out, see nothing is really different and off they go again waiting for winter.

Sektor
02-11-2014, 04:08 PM
I think the initial hurdle of getting them to try Red is the biggest obstacle. I think players from Blue would like it if they tried it. "Stealing" players from blue would be beneficial for both servers. Blue is too overcrowded and Red needs more players.

this

Kergan
02-11-2014, 04:12 PM
Ok, how about this.

All level 55-60 characters on blue are put into a raffle. 100 winners are selected and forcibly removed from blue and put onto red.

We can make it the anti-pantheon pledge raffle. As an added benefit to pantheon pledging it removes you from this raffle/draft.

You know, since we're just trying to steal players and all.

HippoNipple
02-11-2014, 04:16 PM
People have had 14+ years to try EQ PVP and if they still haven't it isn't for them. The product is way past design phase.

All that would be accomplished by allowing any sort of blue to red transfers is a bunch of red players with characters on blue would use it to mule their shit and/or characters over.

Every one of the ideas you've said will dramatically increase population that have actually gone into effect have had the same net effect: jack and shit. A temporarily false boost as old people come back to check it out, see nothing is really different and off they go again waiting for winter.

This server has been pushing out ideas since the population was 30 and it has climbed to its current numbers.

-Taking out exp penalty on PvP death
-Yellow Text
-Exp bonus
-Global /ooc
-Begging for resists which have been worked on a little but most importantly got Alecta appointed to address it sooner or later

I get 100% of the community aren't all for all of these changes but they have gone in and the net effect has been +population.

Those are some of the changes that have gone in that people proposed on these forums much like the proposal to allow transfers/copies to this server. You joined the server in October of 2013, so you haven't even been around for a real change on the server yet besides this simulated repop that hasn't even happened yet.

Why do you even waste everyone's time having an opinion and filling up space between meaningful posts on this subject when you have no valid input?

Derubael
02-11-2014, 04:19 PM
For anyone that didn't watch that youtube link:

- Modify global OOC. Shit drives players away in droves. Need an option for people to globally LFG and auction, but the relentless stream of shit spewed in OOC needs to go.

- Modify XP bonus. Dramatically lower or remove the global XP bonus and make it a group bonus instead. Discourages soloing and encourages a group/social mentality, which is what gets people to form bonds and stay on the server.

The PvP forum section doesn't help bring new players in. If I was a_random_bluebie_scrublet001 and I saw these forums I would never roll here.

More importantly what I'm getting at is the revitalization of Red isn't just a staff effort, its a community one. The argument that blue players will never play on red isn't necessarily true, and completely ignores the purple players who are in between, but haven't tried/gave up on red for any number of reasons (toxic community, no one to group with, etc). If ya'll don't want to PvP on an empty box, it's going to take everyone pushing to make that a reality, not just the staff.

HippoNipple
02-11-2014, 04:19 PM
You know, since we're just trying to steal players and all.

You are the only dumb one bringing up the term stealing players. Everyone else just wants to offer a painless way to introduce Everquest players to our server without throwing away their previous time investments.

Twainz
02-11-2014, 04:22 PM

- Modify global OOC. Shit drives players away in droves. Need an option for people to globally LFG and auction, but the relentless stream of shit spewed in OOC needs to go.

- Modify XP bonus. Dramatically lower or remove the global XP bonus and make it a group bonus instead. Discourages soloing and encourages a group/social mentality, which is what gets people to form bonds and stay on the server.

The PvP forum section doesn't help bring new players in. If I was a_random_bluebie_scrublet001 and I saw these forums I would never roll here.

More importantly what I'm getting at is the revitalization of Red isn't just a staff effort, its a community one. The argument that blue players will never play on red isn't necessarily true, and completely ignores the purple players who are in between, but haven't tried/gave up on red for any number of reasons (toxic community, no one to group with, etc). If ya'll don't want to PvP on an empty box, it's going to take everyone pushing to make that a reality, not just the staff.

Also if you fixed the ability to create a character on a new account. Currently if you do not create a blue character you cannot roll on red. Try making a new login server account and making a character on red. Blue is ninjaing our players due to this bug!

Colgate
02-11-2014, 04:29 PM
the biggest problem here is that rogaine is in charge and cockblocking any forward progress

Kergan
02-11-2014, 04:31 PM

Has anyone disagreed with this? OOC is toxic and completely unnecessary. Just get rid of it already!

Although I agree with this in theory, if there aren't first people to group with you end up just very harshly punishing the few brave souls who choose to give this server a go in its present state.

The forums aren't any better over on blue and they are doing pretty good. I guess it could be a contributing factor but I doubt a huge one.

I'd argue its nearly 100% on the community to attract and keep new players. I don't think the blue server is where we'll find a population boost though and if that is the basket we place all our eggs in we're in for a rough time.

raka
02-11-2014, 05:10 PM
all i saw this entire thread was sunglassed boobs

Greegon
02-11-2014, 05:10 PM

wayy back in the day when brotherhood v1.0 was still around a good amount of melees in the guild quit when that patch came out that introduced mobs fleeing faster as well as undead mobs fleeing cause they couldnt solo. remove that shiat

Eslade
02-11-2014, 05:30 PM
Solution to get blue players to play red.
1) Crank XP bonus to 300%
2) Take the blue server down for "Server Maintenance" for about a week or two.
3) Profit.

AmukTZ
02-11-2014, 05:36 PM
3) Profit.

Pudge
02-11-2014, 06:01 PM

First 17 minutes of this video we talk about things on Red and how to submit your Red ideas.

Way to crush my dreams :( thanks though! A response is so much better than silence. Didn't know you guys had this stream, thanks for link.

Too complicated? :( I imagine at least some of this stuff needs to be worked out for the eventual red/teams merge....

krazyGlue
02-11-2014, 06:07 PM
Sickpuppy for server guide 2014 !! I will listen to your opinions and it will be taken into consideration very srsly . Only the population knows what it needs . Not some player runing around on red as a guide but is 100% a blue player ( sorry derubael ) we need a red player guideing red .. The time has come !!! Vote for me
- sickpuppy 2014 server guide

Pudge
02-11-2014, 06:17 PM
OOC was a great change, and still makes the server feel more alive and provides entertainment. Wish there was just a way to limit the toxic shit. Maybe appoint our new guides to just go all out, revoking ooc for 2 weeks for anyone who in their opinion is posting garbage. (Shit talk, snorting oxys, whatever they don't like you saying)

Smedy
02-11-2014, 06:20 PM

i heard making xp slower and nerf ooc is the thing to fix red....

i agree that making group xp bonus be a thing would be a ++++ but you should also let us 2box until we reach higher numbers

as for someone doing oxys in ooc, i have some suspects to whom it may be... i enjoy ooc but you dont see me talking up a storm in there, i'm a pal and highly immersed when i do my eq

HippoNipple
02-11-2014, 06:21 PM
OOC was a great change, and still makes the server feel more alive and provides entertainment. Wish there was just a way to limit the toxic shit. Maybe appoint our new guides to just go all out, revoking ooc for 2 weeks for anyone who in their opinion is posting garbage. (Shit talk, snorting oxys, whatever they don't like you saying)

Having someone in charge to actively monitor it is the only way to have it optimal. /ooc is the only reasonable way to find groups. It is also the only reasonable way to trade since their can't be a hub like EC.

GMs revoking /ooc privileges or doing week long account suspensions would be great. Hopefully after a couple weeks of making examples of people the time investment going forward would go down.

krazyGlue
02-11-2014, 06:34 PM
If Im elected I will monitor ooc all the time and take it vry srs . I wil hand out "timeouts" for a few hours at a time and it will escalade all the way up to perm banns if people
Continue to shitup ooc . ~~~~ sickpuppy server guide 2014

Derubael
02-11-2014, 06:55 PM
Sickpuppy for server guide 2014 !! I will listen to your opinions and it will be taken into consideration very srsly . Only the population knows what it needs . Not some player runing around on red as a guide but is 100% a blue player ( sorry derubael ) we need a red player guideing red .. The time has come !!! Vote for me
- sickpuppy 2014 server guide

played on red as long or longer than i played on blue.

been pk'ing in mmo's before you even knew that was a thing.

Mac Dretti
02-11-2014, 07:05 PM
Hi derb

krazyGlue
02-11-2014, 07:09 PM
Derubael I love that you are commited to the cause but can we atleast agree that whoever gets picked to be. Guide must have a clean whistle . Should be a long time vet from red and should have alot of playtime to devote to the services needed by the people

Eslade
02-11-2014, 07:15 PM
3) Profit.

Colgate
02-11-2014, 08:04 PM
why the fuck would you want this

you cant even ban people without sirken's consent and under sirken's guidance a multitude of people still play here that should have been banned years ago

Clark
02-12-2014, 07:42 AM

Kergan
02-12-2014, 11:46 AM
why the fuck would you want this

you cant even ban people without sirken's consent and under sirken's guidance a multitude of people still play here that should have been banned years ago

You are a pretty bitter guy. A lot of rage over a video game.

Holey
02-12-2014, 12:30 PM

hes a toothpaste what you expect. lol
love ya colgate :p

Colgate
02-12-2014, 01:40 PM

neither bitter nor angry, sorry dawg

just aware of what actually goes on here

Nirgon
02-12-2014, 01:41 PM
Eh Colgate's got a point.

Should praise the Duke tho.

Kergan
02-12-2014, 01:58 PM
neither bitter nor angry, sorry dawg

just aware of what actually goes on here

If you hate it so much why stay involved? Honestly.

karsten
02-12-2014, 02:16 PM
derubael who were you on red, info needed to understand your perspective

Sektor
02-12-2014, 02:22 PM

ban this man

krazyGlue
02-12-2014, 02:40 PM
Derubael said he played. Pet class If not mistaken So that narrows it down

Derubael
02-12-2014, 02:56 PM

You don't have to ask permission to ban or suspend as a guide. We rarely, if ever, overturn a guide's ban/suspension.

some nonfactor who never pissed anyone off. i always said good fight after i got my ass kicked or kicked ass, and gave extra points to people who got me using less than honorable tactics to gain an edge. OOC made my lol, and the red community, to me, was always 10x more fun and close knit than blue.

my perspective is about as neutral as it gets. never cared about azrael or nihilum or who got the most pixels or yt. was just about the fun of pvp and the community.

Twainz
02-12-2014, 02:59 PM
Derubael confirmed Rile, Leader of < Rule of Rile >!

Nirgon
02-12-2014, 02:59 PM
And about no item loot

Colgate
02-12-2014, 03:02 PM
You don't have to ask permission to ban or suspend as a guide. We rarely, if ever, overturn a guide's ban/suspension

every time i've seen a guide confronted with something that warrants discipline, i always hear "let me check with sirken" or "i'll let sirken know asap"

just noticed you got dat GM promotion tho, grats

clean this place up now dawg, permaban a few bad apples and guarantee pop will skyrocket

karsten
02-12-2014, 03:08 PM
my perspective is about as neutral as it gets. never cared about azrael or nihilum or who got the most pixels or yt. was just about the fun of pvp and the community.

dats goog

hopefully you are chosooth, hiss

Mac Dretti
02-12-2014, 03:08 PM
Derubael may have died to me.

I receive good fights and pras all the time and I return the courtesy via pro tips buffs and rez.

Never forget Derb.

Mac Dretti
02-12-2014, 03:09 PM
dats goog

hopefully you are chosooth, hiss

I also hope this

Sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Twainz
02-12-2014, 03:11 PM
Derubael would be an iksar roleplayer!

Kergan
02-12-2014, 03:41 PM