PDA

View Full Version : Question on a raid engagement rule

Xelris
02-11-2014, 01:53 PM
Sorry, don't have permission to ask this on the raid discussion forum.

I'm apped to FE, and still working on the requirements of entry during my trial. Being that I'm not 60 yet and am expected to attend raids whenever available, my question is concerning XPing in areas where a raid window is open.

Yesterday, during Venril Sathir's window, I more or less had to leave a group in KC because our proximity to VS was too close... due to possibly misrepresenting the max number of trackers, I'm presuming.

My initial plan was to watch for the alert to the mob popping, after which I would zone out and back in to assist with engagement. Being that I would have to physically haul ass to the zone out and zone in again, from the basement camp, I figured that'd be adequate by the PnP.

This would also apply to sebilis, so I'm just asking for clarification, and ultimately to avoid making a stupid mistake resulting in raid suspension or whatnot. Further, I'm not a tracking class, though I'm fully aware a non-tracking class can confirm a target popping.

Is it okay to be in an xp group, in an xp zone, near a viable raid target you intend to engage later if you zone out first and are not actively tracking the target?

The main reason I ask is it wasn't really fair to my group, and to a lesser degree, myself (filling the unobtanium bar is my main priority atm).

Thanks,
-Waynes

Jaxon
02-11-2014, 04:57 PM
I honestly think the best thing to do is to ask your officers and raid leaders. About the only thing you personally can be held accountable for is training someone. For everything else, refer to your leadership. Every guild has a different way of doing things, and a different strategy in mind. It is therefore the leadership's responsibility to direct the actions of their guild members during the preparation, tracking, and engaging of the target.

Quineloe
02-12-2014, 02:20 AM
That's not really a question for guild officers, as he's probably referring to this rule of the PNP:

Guilds may not have any more than two representatives present at a raid spawn location.

So the question is what constitutes as a raid spawn location? Does that mean that you can't have a guild group in Karnor's castle? After the second bridge? In the room where all the spectres spawn? (highest level mobs of the zone here, so actually a good exp spot for a small group)
Same questions for Sebilis.

Xelris
02-12-2014, 06:08 AM
Quineloe is correct, I'd like to hear an official word on this regarding the PnP, and I doubt I'm the only one affected by it.

My guild suggested that I leave that xp group and I complied, being that I'd rather err on the side of caution. The last thing I'm going to do is risk adversely affecting people going out of their way to trust me.

"Go xp somewhere else" might be the obvious response, but that doesn't really help anything. What I'm hoping to hear is that the measures I was taking were adequate in following the spirit of the new PnP, and thus permitted.

If not, that's too bad, but at least I'll know it's set in stone.

Quineloe
02-12-2014, 06:35 AM
There's also this rule to consider from the "Raid PNP" thread in the library

Q: Can we camp raid mobs?
A: If you choose to lay a claim to an unspawned raid npc, your raid must be at the npc's spawn point with sufficient force. (within aggro range of the npc when it spawns, with at least a 15 member raid party). e.g. (inside Nagafen's Lair) This is the ONLY way claims of unspawned raid targets will be respected.

So you can have a camp party in Karnor's castle if you're enough to kill VS as he pops, but you can't have more than two people at the raid spawn location?

These rules contradict each other.

What's a representative in this context then? Any member of the guild? Or just people actually speaking for a guild?

quido
02-12-2014, 07:21 AM
lol @ people still invoking the 15 man rule

what is dead may never die

Sirken
02-12-2014, 07:30 AM
There's also this rule to consider from the "Raid PNP" thread in the library

Q: Can we camp raid mobs?
A: If you choose to lay a claim to an unspawned raid npc, your raid must be at the npc's spawn point with sufficient force. (within aggro range of the npc when it spawns, with at least a 15 member raid party). e.g. (inside Nagafen's Lair) This is the ONLY way claims of unspawned raid targets will be respected.

So you can have a camp party in Karnor's castle if you're enough to kill VS as he pops, but you can't have more than two people at the raid spawn location?

These rules contradict each other.

What's a representative in this context then? Any member of the guild? Or just people actually speaking for a guild?

show me what thread u found this in so i can remove it from existence. thanks!

Quineloe
02-12-2014, 07:34 AM
http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14667

What about the other question, can we exp near raid targets?

lol @ people still invoking the 15 man rule

what is dead may never die

Sorry for assuming a rules thread in the library dated less than 2 months ago is still in effect :P

Clark
02-12-2014, 07:39 AM
show me what thread u found this in so i can remove it from existence. thanks!

lol

Sirken
02-12-2014, 08:17 AM
http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14667

What about the other question, can we exp near raid targets?

Sorry for assuming a rules thread in the library dated less than 2 months ago is still in effect :P

np, fixed!

as for the other question i gotta direct u to: http://www.project1999.com/raid.php

radditsu
02-12-2014, 09:45 AM
Why not just not be part of the engagement? GMs see that.