PDA

View Full Version : How bad do Enchanters get screwed when Velious comes?

joejccva71
02-11-2014, 01:05 PM
Does it break the class as far as charming and soloing is concerned? Or are people making it out to be worse than it really is?

falkun
02-11-2014, 01:13 PM
There are two ways to CC giants in Velious: root and charm. Plus people still need haste, clarity (c2), and GRM. Giants and dragons cannot be mezzed.

Daldaen
02-11-2014, 01:21 PM
Giants can't be stunned either.

Chanters will be fine in Kael, WW, SG, Velketors, Mischief, Growth.

Chanters will be relegated to buff bots and tash bots in ToV and Skyshrine. Though they are mostly raid zones anyways, and that's more or less all chanters do on raids even now...

But Druids can charm in Kael/WW/SG/Mischief just as well, and can be backup healers. Druids 2014.

HeallunRumblebelly
02-11-2014, 01:39 PM
Charm also got nerfed on giants :3 I imagine that will come earlier on p99 due to how much easier it makes harder giants like AoW.

Daldaen
02-11-2014, 01:41 PM
Charm wasn't nerfed on giants. Always worked, still works to this day. Maybe some magic resists were increased but I never had an issue charming any of those giants on max server from 50-65 on my chanterbox.

Fregar
02-11-2014, 01:49 PM
There's no problem with soloing in velious.

I remember doing with my ench alt: tizmaks, kodiak bears, ultork manowars, giants.

pasi
02-11-2014, 01:55 PM
You can search my post history as I've posted on this a few times, but enchanters are still incredible in Velious. You're garbage in ST though.

Xelris
02-11-2014, 01:57 PM
You also get free reign of velks lab in werewolf form (watch out for dispel traps). All CC tools work.

I don't think you'll be soloing Velketor or anything but it does allow you to CR and explore at will.

Daldaen
02-11-2014, 01:58 PM
Bloodmaw in GD is a perma rooted level 30ish mob that has 32k HP. Druids and Enchanters alike will use the crap out of him for charm killing.

Ice clad also has an undercon gnoll with 32k HP around the same level. Another great charming option in the 30s.

Wolf pets in Kael have a good chunk of health DW and are DPS machines. No arena group is complete without one.

pasi
02-11-2014, 02:15 PM
I don't think you'll be soloing Velketor or anything

Challenge accepted.

Iumuno
02-11-2014, 02:18 PM
Charm also got nerfed on giants :3 I imagine that will come earlier on p99 due to how much easier it makes harder giants like AoW.

Nothing was changed with charm in Velious; pet mechanics changed so that mobs would always ignore pets if another PC was in melee range. But I think that's already implemented on P1999.

On topic: What "screwed" enchanters in Velious, was that most raid content was immune to CC. But like someone else said, CC on raid isn't really needed or relevant anyway, even when it's possible.

Sarajo
02-11-2014, 02:44 PM
Couldn't those level 58 adds in the Avatar of War's fight be charmed though? The ones that basically justified the existence of the 48-second fixed-duration charm spell "Dictate".

Anyway, I did a lot of levels (20-50ish) fighting frost giants (because I'm a dragon lover) and the hard part is when something goes wrong/charm breaks.
You can't use a color flux or whatever to buy time, can't use a Whirl till you Hurl, and can't use a Mezmerisation or any mez. All you've got going for you is levitating between hilltops to get some distance, obviously you better have some jboots, and the lowest-level root spell for the short duration.

Daldaen
02-11-2014, 02:48 PM
Adds in AoW fight... wat?

Also meh stuns and mezzes as ways to control charm breaks are bad, learn2not waste mana and be a boss.

Tecmos Deception
02-11-2014, 02:50 PM
root

Correct!

Grubbz
02-11-2014, 03:01 PM
Couldn't those level 58 adds in the Avatar of War's fight be charmed though? The ones that basically justified the existence of the 48-second fixed-duration charm spell "Dictate".

Anyway, I did a lot of levels (20-50ish) fighting frost giants (because I'm a dragon lover) and the hard part is when something goes wrong/charm breaks.
You can't use a color flux or whatever to buy time, can't use a Whirl till you Hurl, and can't use a Mezmerisation or any mez. All you've got going for you is levitating between hilltops to get some distance, obviously you better have some jboots, and the lowest-level root spell for the short duration.

No adds in the AOW fight unless you pulled him.

Mac Dretti
02-11-2014, 04:25 PM
Giants are belly casters in kael right? Gonna be fun tank charming.

Daldaen
02-11-2014, 04:49 PM
Giants are not belly casters.

Though, good enchanters will tank charm if they want to kill AoW... Cause it can't really be done without doing that.