PDA

View Full Version : Spell Gem Icons for Shadowknight

Danth
02-10-2014, 08:10 PM
May not be a bug, so I didn't want to post in the "bug" section.

I didn't play an SK to any significant degree on Live, at least not that I can remember. Hence I don't remember what spells had what icons. On P1999, I notice Heart Flutter and Asystole both have the "beefy arm" spell gem icon that Siphon Strength uses. That seems odd (logically I'd expect them to have the disease spell icon). In addition the flame-dot spells (heat blood, boil blood) have the same spell gem icon as the Darkness line and undead nukes, which also seems odd (I should think they'd use the flame spell gem). Maybe that's how it was, maybe it isn't. Can anyone who remembers the Necromancer/Shadowknight spell gem icons from Live back in the day chime in?

Danth

Potus
02-10-2014, 11:38 PM
Heart Flutter and Asystole had the red flexing arm icon on live. They are stat-debuffers and that is why they're coded as such.

Heat Blood, Darkness, Undead DD all had the same icons, which yes, was confusing, but it was how Necromancer/SK spells were. It's why I always tried to alternate a lot of spells on my spell bar.

1. Lifetap (skull)
2. A nuke or dot
3. Harmshield (yellow shield)
4. Lifetap DoT (skull again)
5. Root or Lich (poop icon or skull Yellow)
6. Fear (skull)
7. Darkness (the dot icon)

Danth
02-11-2014, 12:14 AM
Thanks potus. Guess it's correct then. Nobody ever said Verant made sense all the time.

Danth