PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous: Mistmoore Casters

SamwiseRed
02-10-2014, 01:02 PM
I was messing around on live today and decided to goto MM. Not sure if its a live or thing or what but with 72 mr I am getting chain rooted by the casters here. On red/blue i dont ever recall getting rooted by the casters. Maybe I was just lucky. I am going to see if there were changes to the casters here with the wayback time machine, I know MR has been reworked, but its a very noticeable difference. Also roots are lasting for entire duration instead of only 20 seconds or so.

Just thought it was odd.

tl:dr caster mobs in MM root like a son of a bitch on live but not here.

HeallunRumblebelly
02-10-2014, 06:12 PM
I was messing around on live today and decided to goto MM. Not sure if its a live or thing or what but with 72 mr I am getting chain rooted by the casters here. On red/blue i dont ever recall getting rooted by the casters. Maybe I was just lucky. I am going to see if there were changes to the casters here with the wayback time machine, I know MR has been reworked, but its a very noticeable difference. Also roots are lasting for entire duration instead of only 20 seconds or so.

Just thought it was odd.

I've gotten charmed by the negotiator. At 60. Fucking lols. Also on a higher end note--I don't give a fuck what level phara dar is, I was getting hit by that AOE with about 450 MR. Unacceptable.

Erati
02-10-2014, 06:29 PM
bring back vampire charm or wipe it clean

#thatsclassic

Aeolwind
02-10-2014, 06:57 PM
I've gotten charmed by the negotiator. At 60. Fucking lols. Also on a higher end note--I don't give a fuck what level phara dar is, I was getting hit by that AOE with about 450 MR. Unacceptable.

I never resisted it on live on my cleric. Every PD fight I was a statue till I died, most of the time with 80% or more mana. Even wearing velious MR gear I got ripped. Was a running gag by the time we stopped doing it. 'Hey Aeol, stand over there and distract those pigeons.' 'What is your MR? 4?' 'You buff everyone, you won't use your mana on this fight anyway!'

sigh, hate pdiddy.

SamwiseRed
02-10-2014, 11:53 PM
so are can the casters in MM even cast root? i dont know how mobs work but how do they decide to root over nuke or is it just random.

Yumyums Inmahtumtums
02-11-2014, 02:37 AM
so are can the casters in MM even cast root? i dont know how mobs work but how do they decide to root over nuke or is it just random.

I'm not sure I've ever been rooted by an NPC (except by ghouls) on p99. Same with snare.

I'm not sure if that's good luck or as a result of a bug but interesting nonetheless.

nilbog
02-11-2014, 02:14 PM
The npcs in mistmoore that can cast root-type spells are necromancers or wizards.

As a general note, are npcs on p99 casting root? It's on their list, but perhaps they are not using it at a high enough priority, or something is wrong with it.

I'm not sure I've ever been rooted by an NPC (except by ghouls) on p99. Same with snare.

I'm not sure if that's good luck or as a result of a bug but interesting nonetheless.

Can I get additional commentary from others about npcs rooting (or snaring) from casted spells? This leads me to believe there is something wrong with casted root, since ghoulroot is a proc and works fine.

Nerosys
02-11-2014, 02:31 PM
There are plenty of mobs rooting its fine. If anything the fact that mm mobs can charm lvl 60's is more of an issue. As a monk puller i can tell you that root is cast plenty.

koros
02-11-2014, 02:31 PM
The npcs in mistmoore that can cast root-type spells are necromancers or wizards.

As a general note, are npcs on p99 casting root? It's on their list, but perhaps they are not using it at a high enough priority, or something is wrong with it.

Can I get additional commentary from others about npcs rooting (or snaring) from casted spells? This leads me to believe there is something wrong with casted root, since ghoulroot is a proc and works fine.

Cleric NPCs root pretty often. Not really sure on others.

Nerosys
02-11-2014, 02:32 PM
as a side note i was able to charm efreeti as a level 56 chanter with no tash or malo.. is something up with charm in general ?

Archestratie
02-11-2014, 02:34 PM

I've been rooted by ghouls and snared by Orc Oracles.

koros
02-11-2014, 02:42 PM
I've been rooted by ghouls and snared by Orc Oracles.

Oracles should be shaman. How did it snare you?

nilbog
02-11-2014, 02:47 PM

Can you determine what roots they were casting on live?

Nirgon
02-11-2014, 02:48 PM
I never resisted it on live on my cleric. Every PD fight I was a statue till I died, most of the time with 80% or more mana. Even wearing velious MR gear I got ripped. Was a running gag by the time we stopped doing it. 'Hey Aeol, stand over there and distract those pigeons.' 'What is your MR? 4?' 'You buff everyone, you won't use your mana on this fight anyway!'

sigh, hate pdiddy.

I'm going to echo this. PD right now is fully resisted across the board on raids I've attended. It is sad :(.

Velious firm memory: I had 180 magic on a Zlandicar raid and got STOMPED by his "ear drum burst" + disease aoe on a few occasions when the tick+burst hit me at same time.

Resist cap being 255 here is a GREAT start. Raid boss aoe's weren't perma resist every time. Even at 200 value, I would at least get partials/hit. Having 400+ here is... what.

Just my 2cp.

Don't remember caster npcs casting straight root/snare line spells during live-classic era. Ghoul root proc though? Sure, obviously. I would definitely not add root/immobilize/fetter/enstill/paralzying earth to mobs without definite proof.

Mac Dretti
02-11-2014, 02:50 PM
Erudin guards cast root. I can say that 100% the ones from the fire pot zone in (near dock) all the way past the pathers towards entrance sign. I'll punch them as I run through... has it ever landed on me? No. Not even while naked (green cons to 60).

baalzy
02-11-2014, 02:53 PM

I just got rooted by the rangers/druids yesterday on my iksar necro in WC. Was trying to run out of range while they were casting and bam, got hit by it. It sucked :p

Also, I'd been killing faerie guards in lfay for a bit now (they're rangers) and if I feigned aggro onto my pet and then tried to use /pet back to reel them in closer the rangers would snare my pet. Seems like if you're trying to flee they'll use root/snare but if I agro and stand still they don't ever attempt it.

Mac Dretti
02-11-2014, 03:21 PM
It might be that if a mob has X amount of spells in its arsenal, it prioritizes them by highest mana cost. Often I notice mobs not using their low mana spells (like shamans and blind) until their low on mana.

I don't have anything to back that up just a thought.

baalzy
02-11-2014, 03:33 PM
It might be that if a mob has X amount of spells in its arsenal, it prioritizes them by highest mana cost. Often I notice mobs not using their low mana spells (like shamans and blind) until their low on mana.

I don't have anything to back that up just a thought.

Anecdotally, when I got rooted the other day it was right after I got aggro'd by them and they were freshly respawned (so aside from potential self-buffing, shoulda been pretty topped up on mana).

Nerosys
02-11-2014, 04:45 PM
I'm going to echo this. PD right now is fully resisted across the board on raids I've attended. It is sad :(.

Velious firm memory: I had 180 magic on a Zlandicar raid and got STOMPED by his "ear drum burst" + disease aoe on a few occasions when the tick+burst hit me at same time.

Resist cap being 255 here is a GREAT start. Raid boss aoe's weren't perma resist every time. Even at 200 value, I would at least get partials/hit. Having 400+ here is... what.

Just my 2cp.

Don't remember caster npcs casting straight root/snare line spells during live-classic era. Ghoul root proc though? Sure, obviously. I would definitely not add root/immobilize/fetter/enstill/paralzying earth to mobs without definite proof.

Im sorry but this is just wrong.. I have been hit with PD's aoe at 250 MR so the fact that you miraculously resist it everytime is funny.

BarackObooma
02-11-2014, 11:04 PM
I remember all too well the Orc Shaman in Everfrost always used to root and then kill my young Barbarian toons in live. I have a Rangerling over there now. I'll see if they try and root. He only fought one or two and I think they just tried casting a frost DD over and over.

Tecmos Deception
02-11-2014, 11:17 PM

I feel like p99's casters fire off roots when they, themselves are rooted + at range. Of course, most of the time Tecmos is playing he is fighting rooted mobs at range, so... yeah.

Having roots thrown my way are definitely rare though. Usually seems like it's spore king randomly trying to root me as he is being tanked by someone else, or some goblin caster in droga trying to root me while I'm meleeing down his buddy first, etc. I'm certain that I have run into trouble more times because I rooted (or on my wiz, snared) myself than because an NPC did it, and I don't root myself very often :p

Edit - oh! I cannot recall ever having a charmed pet rooted by an enemy caster. It may have happened, but this is definitely the kind of thing I would remember (cause it would annoy the hell out of me because I often keep my pets fettered, and having a 10-levels-lower NPC caster use "Root" on my pet overwriting my fetter would piss me off) if it happened more than once in a blue moon.

Burrito
02-12-2014, 10:26 AM
I feel like p99's casters fire off roots when they, themselves are rooted + at range. Of course, most of the time Tecmos is playing he is fighting rooted mobs at range, so... yeah.

Having roots thrown my way are definitely rare though. Usually seems like it's spore king randomly trying to root me as he is being tanked by someone else, or some goblin caster in droga trying to root me while I'm meleeing down his buddy first, etc. I'm certain that I have run into trouble more times because I rooted (or on my wiz, snared) myself than because an NPC did it, and I don't root myself very often :p

Edit - oh! I cannot recall ever having a charmed pet rooted by an enemy caster. It may have happened, but this is definitely the kind of thing I would remember (cause it would annoy the hell out of me because I often keep my pets fettered, and having a 10-levels-lower NPC caster use "Root" on my pet overwriting my fetter would piss me off) if it happened more than once in a blue moon.

I think I remember Froglok King rooting charmed pets before (on p1999)

Nirgon
02-12-2014, 11:00 AM
Im sorry but this is just wrong.. I have been hit with PD's aoe at 250 MR so the fact that you miraculously resist it everytime is funny.

Why is that funny? It never hits me.

If a GM wants to load up a char with 250 magic and spam the effect with the spell id 300 times and paste me the results, I'll attribute it to luck.

Red pals confirm as well on PD aoe:

Nirgon Yeah
hey
maybe its different on red but
if i got ~250 magic on PD... i NEVER get hit by the aoe from him (her?)
im sure you guys had 400 MR (lawl) every fight but.. can you ever recall a time that aoe from PD hit you?

HBK7535887
rarely
5% of the time

phacemeltar
02-12-2014, 12:21 PM
I think I remember Froglok King rooting charmed pets before (on p1999)

ah yes indeed