PDA

View Full Version : New WAR, where to put beginning stats?

Solb
02-10-2014, 11:04 AM
I realize an ogre is best tanking race, I don't like their size or appearance though. So, I am thinking of making a human warrior. Where should I put my beginning points? In the end, will STA/STR gear be easy to stack stats, thus, should I consider putting points into DEX? Thanks for any input!

fadetree
02-10-2014, 11:15 AM
Doesn't matter too much really imo, but don't max str, as you mention you will get that from gear easy. STA is not as easy, but yeah. Maybe dex for procs?

sox7d
02-10-2014, 11:17 AM
make sure you get at least 75 agility or big AC dip.

Solb
02-10-2014, 11:19 AM
Ok thanks guys. Yes, I avoided STR, just figured DEX for procs/crits might be more useful in the long run for a warrior. Just seems backwards not throwing them into STA though.

baalzy
02-10-2014, 02:55 PM
Ok thanks guys. Yes, I avoided STR, just figured DEX for procs/crits might be more useful in the long run for a warrior. Just seems backwards not throwing them into STA though.

I would personally go Dex myself

Aroith
02-10-2014, 03:38 PM
All sta. You need a lot of dex if u are main tank in a raid but dex buffs are available then and proc rates don't change much once u get to a certain amount of dex. It's hard to max out sta.

drktmplr12
02-10-2014, 03:59 PM
make sure you get at least 75 agility or big AC dip.

Fungi tunic has -10 agi.

ofc your gear should have some... but just something to consider.

myriverse
02-10-2014, 04:45 PM
Nothing is game breaking, bit STA is best.

HP >>> ALL

Buriedpast
02-10-2014, 05:22 PM
max cha

those divine intervention rolls matter.

A1551
02-10-2014, 06:46 PM
Dex or STA....but really..dex..its true it doesn't make much of a difference either way (if you dumped it all into CHA it's not like anyone would ever notice)

The return on STA is pretty bad..and the return on DEX (for proc rates) is also pretty bad. That said, drawing aggro so things hit you is kinda a key component in the whole tanking equation, whereas that extra HP really doesn't do anyone much good when stuffs all beating on the enchanter cuz you can't hold aggro.

Also the thing about keeping a minimum AGI is true..but plenty of warrior gear you'll be wearing anyway will boost it so it really doesn't matter all that much in the long run, and agi over that level is of minimal benefit.

SirAlvarex
02-10-2014, 07:20 PM
DEX is the only stat that you'll see a benefit from prior to 50+. I believe the formula is '1 proc/minute per 100 dex'. So 200 dex will get you on average 2 procs a minute both at level 1 and level 60. That's something to keep in mind.

Either way you can't go wrong with either DEX or STA. Could just split it.

Jimjam
02-10-2014, 07:55 PM
My readings suggest you get a jump in proc rate for every 50 points after 105. 157 certainly seems to be better than 107!

Fireapple
02-10-2014, 08:54 PM
Level 1-35 you'll be wishing you dumped everything into STR cause hitting over dmg cap is so awesome (ogre jealousy)

When you're midlevel and climbing you'll be wishing you dumped everything into Dex to get procs

While you raid you'll be wishing you dumped everything into STA cause your dex and str will be capped.

webrunner5
02-10-2014, 09:43 PM
You had better dump a LOT into strength. Warriors carry a ton of weapons and wear lots of heavy AC gear. You will regret it if you don't trust me.

Marglar
02-10-2014, 10:05 PM
Level 1-35 you'll be wishing you dumped everything into STR cause hitting over dmg cap is so awesome (ogre jealousy)

When you're midlevel and climbing you'll be wishing you dumped everything into Dex to get procs

While you raid you'll be wishing you dumped everything into STA cause your dex and str will be capped.

this. that being said, I still spread mine around fairly evenly. a tiny bit into str, a bit into agil to ensure i could stay over 75 even with some -agi or weight penalty, a bit into dex, and the majority into STA.

Solb
02-10-2014, 10:33 PM
Thanks all for the responses and different perspectives! I appreciate it.

Yumyums Inmahtumtums
02-10-2014, 10:35 PM
DEX is the only stat that you'll see a benefit from prior to 50+. I believe the formula is '1 proc/minute per 100 dex'. So 200 dex will get you on average 2 procs a minute both at level 1 and level 60. That's something to keep in mind.

Iirc DEX also affects your critical hit and crippling blow chance. If you find a healer you trust you can zerk tank your way through the levels at an incredible pace.

A zerked warrior with staff of battle will out DPS most monks and rogues.

Gaffin 7.0
02-10-2014, 10:43 PM
dont listen to these retards, go dex 5 agi or sta

Clark
02-11-2014, 02:10 AM

bartly
02-11-2014, 03:27 AM
Won't matter much with velious gear. Avatar buff will easily max dex, base sta is nice because it allows you wear better resist or +hp gear.

Frontal stun immunity is a pretty big deal for anyone though, even ignoring the huge stat boost ogres get.

HeallunRumblebelly
02-11-2014, 04:49 AM
5 agi, rest stam. Won't make a bit of difference in velious. dex caps out hilariously fast with boon of the garou,avatar, or just a basic shm buff.

funhorroryes
02-11-2014, 05:08 AM
as a wood elf i capped stamina and all i can say is i wish i atleast put something into strength mainly because of the weight thing

encumbered warrior ftw

Buriedpast
02-11-2014, 05:49 AM
I said, and I was quite serious, Charisma is the only stat you should have as a starting value if you intend to raid.

It is the only stat you can not max, and makes a huge difference to DI firing.

webrunner5
02-11-2014, 01:45 PM
HOPING that a weapon will proc is total waste of time. I don't care if you have 5,000 dex the BEST you will probably get now is MAYBE 3 procs in a half long fight. And you may not get one of them.

Sure put some into it but not much.