PDA

View Full Version : Charming my way to 60!

Skittlez
02-10-2014, 04:38 AM
Okay guys, My necromancer is about to hit 22 and I am sooo bored of dot/fear killing. I have tried the charming out a little and I was really enjoying that but I stopped because I was having a lot of trouble finding areas to Charm Undead. So.. That brought me here. I know around my level I have LoIO, Unrest, and another place I feel like I am forgetting (though I'm sure there are more). Anyway I was wondering if anyone wouldn't mind posting spots that can be used for undead charming from level 20-60 or so. They is slim to '0' information regarding Necromancer Charming on the internet in general, and especially here on p99.

I also feel like I am forgetting to mention something atm too.. so that will get posted later. If I even remember what it is that I am forgetting.

Uteunayr
02-10-2014, 10:21 AM
Yup. It wasn't a primarily used strategy back on live by necromancers until the later levels due to the inconsistency that comes with it, and the tools you get at later levels make it far less damaging based on that inconsistency.

Have you tried fear kiting + dotting two things at the same time and maintaining both timers? That's fun to me.

Undead areas I can think of:
Befallen
Spectres
Guk Dead Side
Kurns
Charasis
Plane of Fear (though you should be 60 before having fun in there solo)
Kithicor at Night
Skeleton Ruins in Lake Rathe/W. Karana
Najena Entrance
Chessboard in BB
Unrest
Burning Wood
Karnor's
Trak's Teeth
Emerald Jungle
Paineel
*Kaesora
*City of Mist

Those are all the zones I can think of that have undead to charm. I am sure there are probably more, I just tried to do a mental sweep of the game world.

jaybone
02-10-2014, 09:21 PM
Yup. It wasn't a primarily used strategy back on live by necromancers until the later levels due to the inconsistency that comes with it, and the tools you get at later levels make it far less damaging based on that inconsistency.

Have you tried fear kiting + dotting two things at the same time and maintaining both timers? That's fun to me.

Befallen
Spectres
Guk Dead Side
Kurns
Charasis
Kithicor at Night
Najena Entrance
Chessboard in BB
Unrest
Burning Wood
Karnor's
Trak's Teeth
Emerald Jungle
Paineel

Those are all the zones I can think of that have undead to charm. I am sure there are probably more, I just tried to do a mental sweep of the game world.

Glad to see Kaesora made the list. Nice job.

Lojik
02-10-2014, 09:54 PM

Befallen
Spectres
Guk Dead Side
Kurns
Charasis
Kithicor at Night
Najena Entrance
Chessboard in BB
Unrest
Burning Wood
Karnor's
Trak's Teeth
Emerald Jungle
Paineel

No city of mist?

Uteunayr
02-10-2014, 10:32 PM

Edited my post, and bolded just to point out the key words in response to the sarcasm/snarkiness. :P

Lojik
02-10-2014, 10:46 PM
Edited my post, and bolded just to point out the key words in response to the sarcasm/snarkiness. :P

No Erud's Crossing?

Skittlez
02-10-2014, 10:47 PM
Thanks!

Uteunayr
02-10-2014, 11:33 PM
No Erud's Crossing?

Nope. Never spent any reasonable time in that zone.

Yumyums Inmahtumtums
02-12-2014, 11:06 AM
If you don't give a shut about qeynos sewer faction you can do the Spectres down there.

Nice zem for that zone iirc

Vandamwtc
03-25-2014, 10:41 AM
Good thread! My necro is 26, in south karana, bored fear kiting. Unrest is camped to hell, but I'd like to give this a shot. Where did you go from 25-30 for charming?