PDA

View Full Version : Alpha Test EQ Next

Skywarp
02-07-2014, 12:13 PM
You can play eq next right now as an alpha tester but there is a catch.

You have to pay a not so small fee.

Rec
02-07-2014, 12:30 PM
minecraft with disney characters is not even EQnext

JackFlash
02-07-2014, 12:39 PM
EQ Next is not in testing yet..... Landmark is. Nice try.

fadetree
02-07-2014, 01:03 PM
ANd........it sucks.

Daysprung
02-07-2014, 01:10 PM
Fail.

So. Much. Fail.

sox7d
02-07-2014, 01:57 PM
minecraft with disney characters is not even EQnext

le upvote

KwwBall
02-07-2014, 02:42 PM
Landmark is actually pretty fun if your in to building cool stuff!

fadetree
02-07-2014, 02:49 PM
Thats probably true. I'm not, I like blowing things up and killing. Especially Disney characters.

NextGenesis88
02-07-2014, 03:07 PM
I have heard that it's pretty good.

Erasong
02-07-2014, 04:18 PM
i enjoyed minecraft. ill play minecraft in disney norrath too most likely.

Skywarp
02-07-2014, 05:53 PM
It cost 60 dollars to test. You can Google this for further study..
Nice try forum fools. Can't piss on my back and tell me its rain because
I've seen it.

Uteunayr
02-07-2014, 06:09 PM

You cannot play EQN right now, you can play EQN Landmark right now. They are two very different games, with two very different goals in mind.

Further, don't pay the fee, and wait for it to be free if you don't want to support the development team. You pay for early access, or you can wait and get it free later.

As for me, it has been damn fun, and I have enjoyed every hour I have played.

Soda Pop
02-07-2014, 06:14 PM
I think SoW is on to some brilliant shit here allowing spergy minecraft fanboys to create awesome structures for their game!

Lisset
02-07-2014, 06:37 PM
I think SoW is on to some brilliant shit here allowing spergy minecraft fanboys to create awesome structures for their game!

And paying $60 to make content for them. It's brilliant.

Uteunayr
02-07-2014, 06:51 PM
And paying $60 to make content for them. It's brilliant.

They are not accepting content right now. Right now, you pay $60 to support the dev team in making the tool set, EQN Landmark.

Wait two months, and you can buy into Beta for $20. Wait some months after that, and you can get it free. It's around that point that they will use Landmark to make EverQuest Next world, and they will begin actively seeking content to be submitted. But again, by that point, Landmark will be free. And your content only goes into the game if the community likes it the most. It's very similar to Valve's policy when it comes to stuff for DOTA 2, and some parts of TF2. The more community support, the more likely they are to put that community made item into the core game. Don't want to? Don't. But if you like to build stuff, hey, something you make might just be in the release of their MMO. It's really quite smart to keep yourself open to your community, after all, SoE's problem has never in the past been being too open with their consumer base... Lol.

Grimfan
02-07-2014, 08:20 PM
There's a thread about Landmark in off topic, just so you guys know. Not sure what the point of this post is.

Nuggie
02-07-2014, 10:20 PM
There's a thread about Landmark in off topic, just so you guys know. Not sure what the point of this post is.

+1

keep off topic in off topic.

Skywarp
02-07-2014, 10:56 PM
Never said it was not landmark. Since I know the prices of it you could probably assume with some simple logic I just didn't write it. I don't read Every p99 thread so if there another one how would I know.

The point is why pay for something that is and should be free already. Paying for an alpha test before
the open beta is insane. Thank you forum Nazi for your help on this.

Lune
02-07-2014, 11:10 PM
Never said it was not landmark. Since I know the prices of it you could probably assume with some simple logic I just didn't write it. I don't read Every p99 thread so if there another one how would I know.

The point is why pay for something that is and should be free already. Paying for an alpha test before

They are just trying to deliver some early shekels to the shareholders? I don't know. They have some pretty impressive stuff and they knew people wanted it enough to drop $100 or $60 to play the skeletal version. Sprinkle in a few cosmetic items and some juicy gear that gives you advantages, and you have a source of revenue while you develop.

The price is a bit steep for what they are offering, but I'm having fun with it. $60, $30, $10 prices would have been less diabolical.

Grimfan
02-07-2014, 11:43 PM

Glad I could help, but this has nothing to do with Project 1999 so that's why I directed you to the off-topic forum. Even if you don't read every thread, you might wanna put this in the right category.

Skywarp
02-08-2014, 05:32 AM
Anyone who plays eq in most forms would say this is a relatable eq topic. If GMs are
posting for Pantheon kickstart funds I'm not out of my bounds here since that's different game.

Grimfan
02-08-2014, 05:51 AM
Anyone who plays eq in most forms would say this is a relatable eq topic. If GMs are
posting for Pantheon kickstart funds I'm not out of my bounds here since that's different game.

Take a minute and think about what you're actually saying. You are saying that GMs are posting about a Project 1999 sponsored fundraiser in the Project 1999 server forums. You however are posting about EverQuest Next which has nothing to do with the Project 1999 server.

Clark
02-09-2014, 12:29 AM

Lame.

GoldScar
02-09-2014, 12:53 AM
is there pvp

KwwBall
02-09-2014, 01:18 AM
You can't play EQN right now... jeez.

Tiggles
02-09-2014, 01:43 AM
This game isnt EQN it's High Resolution Minecraft with a survival and progression tier like MMOS.

I'm having a blast so far playing it but it's not really a MMO.

First week in here is some stuff.

http://i.imgur.com/c4x0Jwi.png

Album link

http://imgur.com/a/SBCvR#0

Bard Epic

http://i.imgur.com/4gQODzr.jpg

Another Album

http://imgur.com/a/cDctB

Rhambuk
02-09-2014, 02:58 AM
You can play eq next right now no thanks

Rhambuk
02-09-2014, 02:59 AM
just a small elaboration of my opinion of eq next.

It is going to be a horrible horrible game that won't survive as long as vanguard did.

Grimfan
02-09-2014, 05:16 AM
just a small elaboration of my opinion of eq next.

It is going to be a horrible horrible game that won't survive as long as vanguard did.

From what I've gathered so far, sadly it is already moderately more successful than Vanguard and it isn't even a game yet.

Uteunayr
02-09-2014, 11:13 AM
Just remember that EverQuest Next is NOT EverQuest Next Landmark. They are two separate games entirely.

Landmark is not trying to make a MMO experience, so you will not get that. What you will get is a higher rez prettier Minecraft, because Landmark is first and foremost a world construction tool. They are making Landmark like a game developer would make a SDK or a Campaign Editor. They just decided that for low time investment, they could put in some Minecraft style elements (pick progression, etc.) to raise some money, get players involved, and make it so players don't have a bland world construction kit.

Anyone who has given any of you the impression that Landmark is a MMORPG "EverQuest Next" is a terribly misinformed or malicious individual trying to confuse you.

Lastly, if you do not wish to support the development team, that's fine. The game will be free once it is completed and they begin using it to build Norrath for EQN. So, feel it is a rip off having to pay? Don't pay. Just wait for it to be released like you do with pretty much every other game.

Swish
02-09-2014, 11:25 AM
Was watching wowcrendor's vid on Landmark (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDRPfUVWrQA) and there's a lot of butthurt minecraft players who aren't happy about it.

Personally I'll just wait for the release, but it'll have potential as long as I'm not forced to pull faces on my webcam to increase immersion levels, or have Lion King kerrans :p

http://oi41.tinypic.com/2m2uvwk.jpg

Uteunayr
02-09-2014, 11:29 AM
They're just sad they can't make this level of detail without scaling up to insane proportions. Mind you, with more detail, comes more difficulty, but the tools feel really good in the game. I have been having a ton of fun building stuff.

Swish
02-09-2014, 11:35 AM
They're just sad they can't make this level of detail without scaling up to insane proportions. Mind you, with more detail, comes more difficulty, but the tools feel really good in the game. I have been having a ton of fun building stuff.

Nice!

Grimfan
02-09-2014, 11:48 AM
One thing this game made very clear for me is that I am a writer, not an artist. But, I am really enjoying the tools and I like the potential, even if I do get the proportions all wrong right now. This bad boy took me about 10-15 hours and I stumbled around using all the tools to mess with it. Also, I'm not very good at taking screenshots.

http://imgur.com/a/qmWgC

The right arm where I took the screenshots is where I spent a lot of my time. I tried to do some stuff to give the arm definition and muscles but I ended up making it look awkward. I think I can do it better next time. Also the hand I started should be bigger. I need to give the ESO beta a break and hit up some more Landmark today I think.

I also figure I can add that Sony is really changing their game up for Landmark/EQN. I know that seems really hard to believe because they are charging for Alpha, but they dropped the NDA in under 24 hours, they have been working 12+ hour days easily every day of the work week, they have gotten up new servers, patched several times, and honestly they are full steam ahead working on this game and being very frank with people when things aren't working and admitting when they make mistakes. It's kind of amazing too because for the most part, people have not been too frustrated with them. Sure, right now they are able to tell people to go get a refund if they don't like the game, and I understand that just that phrase alone is a HUGE cop-out, however, I think they are still doing a lot right. I'm really hoping that more companies lean this way than the Zenimax way of trying to keep everything as tight lipped as possible.

Either way, I'm having a blast in Landmark, and it looks like from the patch note digging they are already internally working on EQ Next the actual game. Landmark itself will probably be a deep full-game experience by the end of summer, and I am looking forward to purchasing my way into the Alpha for EQ Next as well.