PDA

View Full Version : Competition

Beguiled
02-07-2014, 02:29 AM
Hello Forum People

How does one compete within the Raid Scene on Project 1999? What mechanisms are in place that can be used? Is it quite literally just racing to the target before another competitor then nabbing FTE or kiting your target(s) around while you wait? What about leapfrogging? Ect.. Different scenarios require different strategies?

Thank you for your replies. Hopefully some replies will also be posted from guild members in the Class C guilds.

Reguiy
02-07-2014, 02:56 AM
in b4 RnF

Beguiled
02-07-2014, 03:03 AM
I did post specifically here and not in RNF because I have not seen what is deemed the competitive atmosphere. I am actually looking for replies that can be constructive and not trolled into the ground.

Quite literally, is it just about racing to the target first and getting FTE? And what about leapfrogging? Two somewhat specific questions.

Clark
02-07-2014, 03:05 AM
Most of the responsibilities fall on the Raid Leaders, and the Pullers (Monks, SK's, Necromancers). Without these two crucial elements being efficient it's nearly impossible to be successful against the competition.

Ella`Ella
02-07-2014, 03:24 AM
/popcorn

Nivin
02-07-2014, 04:41 AM
What exactly does leapfrogging mean?

Swish
02-07-2014, 05:46 AM
He was looking for the Doljonidsfsdf recruitment thread, but there isn't one. Speak to Hugeal or whatever his name is in game :)

Beguiled
02-07-2014, 05:59 AM
If your referring to the OP Swish, I am not.

I am actually interested in what some of the Class C [Competitive] guilds do when presented with different situations. Is the competitive atmosphere in EQ as simple as beating any opponents to the target and acquiring FTE first? What happens when both forces reach the target at approximately the same time? Is it a strategy to grab the target(s) and peel them off from the ensuing train running in a circle one by one to engage, lockdown, and eliminate them? What is the state of play that is deemed competitive?

And Nivin, two situations where leapfrogging could occur, in my mind at least, is clearing to a target and a second group bypasses your own to reach the target first. I am sure this will be a much larger grey area. For instance, how about Tranix or Skarlon? I am not the most familiar with the Fire Giants but say your group is clearing to get the these named targets that are of more value then the regular Fire Giants. As your group is clearing, your [competition] shows up and leapfrogs you gaining the target(s) in question?

The other example would be what has been buzzing a little, and yes a little, bit in the forums. Take the Plane of Sky for example, your designated guild night and your clearing an isle. Your competition comes in and leapfrogs the island your on and engages further down the line.

Swish
02-07-2014, 06:04 AM
Never been in a Class C guild to see it first hand but FTE is declared by the mob and the opposing guild(s) who didn't get FTE have to back off.

I'm sure there's plenty of "literature" in the raid discussion subforum if you want to really lawyer up on it.

Which guild are you in? ;)

Nivin
02-07-2014, 06:30 AM
And Nivin, two situations where leapfrogging could occur, in my mind at least, is clearing to a target and a second group bypasses your own to reach the target first. I am sure this will be a much larger grey area. For instance, how about Tranix or Skarlon? I am not the most familiar with the Fire Giants but say your group is clearing to get the these named targets that are of more value then the regular Fire Giants. As your group is clearing, your [competition] shows up and leapfrogs you gaining the target(s) in question?

The other example would be what has been buzzing a little, and yes a little, bit in the forums. Take the Plane of Sky for example, your designated guild night and your clearing an isle. Your competition comes in and leapfrogs the island your on and engages further down the line.

I believe if there is a player made agreement on sky, and the agreement is open to all guilds that would like to participate, then the agreement should be respected.

Your other example doesn't seem to apply to raiding.

Clark
02-07-2014, 07:21 AM
What exactly does leapfrogging mean?

http://s18.postimg.org/upts5pmc9/frogs_pond_3047187.jpg

http://s28.postimg.org/n7bji0331/frogs.png

http://s28.postimg.org/nvozeor6l/just_two_frogs_logo_2_med.png