PDA

View Full Version : The worst thing you have done

fuji
08-04-2010, 10:45 PM
What has been the worst thing you have done, either on live or p1999?

Back on live one of my first trips to Karnors from the DL spire, our group accidently aggrod Gore and panicked ran to the Karnors zone. Lets just say the next 30mins the zone was filled with rez requests.

RKromwell
08-04-2010, 11:01 PM
On live? First time in Blackburrow, I looked down into the pit to see a Gnoll there. Not seeing a quick way for it to get out, I figured it was safe to shoot at...

Itchybottom
08-04-2010, 11:34 PM
I did quite a few things on live that were pretty bad. I'll only list the stuff from classic that I can remember....

I used to abuse the druid circles. Being on Rallos Zek, I ported quite a few geared players into a full group of people ready to gank them as soon as they arrived. I also used to offer free ports to evil races, and dump them in North Karana to deal with the druids and treants.

On my wizard, I liked to port melees to Cazic-Thule instead of their requested destination, and yes I took their platinum for the port.

Earlier on, on my enchanter, I really enjoyed charming players and sending them into the Freeport Militia building. I also liked to charm player pets in the middle of a fight, which would poof their pet and leave them to die. I also liked to fear players running the Kithicor wall at night.

Greater Faydark was the auction zone on Rallos Zek, and I often kept the banker dead. I also liked to load newbies up with thousands of copper and watch them move super slow to the Kelethin lifts, then take massive falling damage when the lift took them up.

I had my faction maxed out in Kelethin, and Rivervale on my erudite enchanter and I used to tash players from the bank roof on Kelethin, then hide by a guard, have the player attack me and make them take an exp death for attacking me. Same with standing at the wall in Misty Thicket, waiting for someone to run by, run out and nuke them, then come back to the guards again.

I "helped" a troll warrior in Misty Thicket by giving him an invis, told him I'd go with him to make sure he made it through Rivervale. I finished zoning over before him, waited by the Fools Gold, and casted Bind Affinity. He made it out without problem though. At the time I was pretty bummed, but I'm sure I would have had a guilty conscience over a death loop (maybe.)

I KSed quite a few ancient cyclops in both SRO and OOT. In fact, on my druid, I went off and did the jboots quest, came back hours later to SRO to find the same Knights Errant guy camping the AC, and I ran around in circles chain clicking my jboots in front of him.

I liked to go to Permafrost and check all of the camps, and kill players knowing they were probably bound a decent distance away. It gave me time to look over their gear, and make non-hasty decisions over what I wanted from their corpse.

"Helped" a lost dwarf warrior in West Karana, told him to auto-follow me. We took a run through Chief Goonda, and I casted Spirit of Cheetah, ran off and gated.

Some half-ling druid was about to ragequit, and was talking to me in game about it. And he got all bummed out, and consented me and told me to go take his crap, that he's through with the game. So I went and emptied all of my bags into the bank, and retrieved his corpse. He had a Molten Cloak, some Runed Mithril Bracers, a Chrysoberyl Talisman, and a Sharkbone Hammer. He came back the following morning, begging me to give his stuff back. It went from begging, to threatening me; I petitioned, and reported him for physical threats and got him banned over it.

I think that's about it, might have missed a few things. I've behaved since mid-Velious :p

RKromwell
08-04-2010, 11:40 PM
Damn dude...you are evil.

Hehe.

JackOfSpades
08-04-2010, 11:50 PM
Itchybottom just made my night.

Emoqq
08-04-2010, 11:55 PM
On live I followed a guy once while invis, I was just playing arround, pretending to be stealth and shit...

Then I saw him hide in a weird corner somewhere, and camp out, before he logged, he dropped some bags.

I snatched em up. Ive felt guilty since :(

Desert
08-04-2010, 11:58 PM
used to offset hack when i was bored during pop.

my fav was taking an alt and going to plane of nightmare and speed hacking with hide + run on, and forming massive rape trains of trees birds and fishthings ;x

Lazortag
08-05-2010, 12:01 AM
on p99 I always group with people on my bard, disenchant all their buffs, and then shadowstep them off the nearest cliffs.

actually, I've never done that...yet.

tuxqueot
08-05-2010, 12:18 AM
Worst thing I've done?

I killed a man. Courts say it was self defense, that doesn't make it right. Have had to live with it for 20 years.

Best thing I've done? Fathered 3 absolutely wonderful children. Nuff said.

nicemace
08-05-2010, 12:24 AM
my acct on live was suspended about 4 times, a couple of 3 days then a 2 week to finish.

pretty much training people out of frenzy so i could solo it.

ended up locking down the camp for a week at a time doing shift work with my mate heh. this was when i was 16 back in 1999 heh.

i also got heaps of warnings cause i would get the camp late at night (im in NZ timezone) then end up camping it all day during peak times when there were like 50 - 80 people in lguk and everyone has lists and people waiting to join... and i just solo frenzy all day going FRENZY - NO LIST GO AWAY.. made people rage.

yeah i was a immature dick.

never got an acct banned for MQ2 or hacking tho heh.

oh i also ninja'd mattari's AoW kill cause they stole the kill out of the rotation order.

Chrisjag92
08-05-2010, 12:25 AM
Back on live i used to convince people i'd drag their corpse to them in blackburrow and loot everything they had.

Yea.. evil.

Divarin
08-05-2010, 12:57 AM
the stupidest thing I've done (so far) on live was to bind myself at the zone line in maiden's eye. I went AFK for a few minutes to get some food and when I came back I was being killed and surrounded by about 10 of my corpses... I was in a death loop

it cost me two levels, although some cleric was nice enough to give me 90% rezzes

I think about the stupidest thing that one can do (and no I haven't done this) would be to inadvertently cast bind on a group member rather than a heal when they're about to die.

girth
08-05-2010, 04:22 AM
Worst thing I've done?

I killed a man. Courts say it was self defense, that doesn't make it right. Have had to live with it for 20 years.

OP was definitely talking about in Everquest.

Nightblade
08-05-2010, 05:01 AM
I used to play on Rallos Zek, and ended up involving my guild in a war with a rival group called 'The Begotten'.

I played a druid up through Velious, and a buddy of mine played a wizard. We used to follow each other around and kite crap, killing this and that, and had heard of a few dealings of poor nature with this particular group.

Running through Skyfire one day, I notice an awful lot of them in the zone, so we track them down and find out that they're killing Ragefire after their cleric had camped the full 7 days for him.

Knowing just how PBAOE's worked for the two of us, we found a particularly high cliff, levitated, ran up it, and waited for them to finish the kill. Now, remember that back in the day, dragons were a force to be reckoned with, and even the tightest knit of folks could barely squeak by.

Anyhow, the vast majority of their raid ends up getting eaten, but they, miraculously, down him. The remaining 8 or so were huddled around a few bards who were singing it up to heal and regen mana, so they could resurrect the very cleric that camped Ragefire. My friend and I ran high over their raid, and AoE'd the group down from on high, since for whatever reason, that spell had a an X and Y axis figured out, but Z (high to low) was infinite. We polish off the raidforce and those freshly rezzed, and I go down to discover...the heart's still on him.

Wizard ports away and grabs a guildie of mine who needed it, ported him in, ran him over and looted it. One Ragefire heart, for a grand total of ten minute spent in the zone, while I was fending the naked returnee's of the raid off with the occasional nuke.

The cleric from The Begotten petitioned a GM about it, and reported all three of us.

GM : "My, that does suck. Kill him? You tried? Failed? Outt'a my hands then."

Itchybottom
08-05-2010, 05:13 AM
I used to play on Rallos Zek, and ended up involving my guild in a war with a rival group called 'The Begotten'.

The cleric from The Begotten petitioned a GM about it, and reported all three of us.

Medi was a whiney bitch anyway.

purist
08-05-2010, 05:29 AM
Chase Erudites around East Commons with a white robe on

Honus
08-05-2010, 06:14 AM
Pissed off a GM while playing my mid-teens toon... in response, he bound me directly in front of Nagafen.

fugazi
08-05-2010, 06:30 AM
On the 2nd Tunare kill, I destroyed all the 4 SK/PAL swords she dropped as there were no SK/PAL guildies around. Obviously, I had gotten my sword on the first kill.

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs485.snc3/26536_10150124385955106_860685105_11419278_4396094 _n.jpg

I think it had something to do with a mate of mine not being allowed to loot one, so I figured 'fuck them all' and destroyed them all. Reactions varied from omgroflmao to omg im gonna hunt you down and go Charles Manson on you.

.. in my defense, I was 16 or 17 back then? xD

fugazi
08-05-2010, 06:39 AM

And people wonder why most players avoided RZ like a cheap crack whore :o

Serith
08-05-2010, 06:39 AM
Worst thing I've done?

Me too lol

ukaking
08-05-2010, 08:12 AM
A friend and I used to convince newbies on Rallos Zek, that if you took a brittle iksar skull out to the Tangrin off the Field of Bone on the Island, he would reward you with nice XP and 5 gold. We would provide them with the skull and take them to the island, then watch from afar as the Tangrin pounded them into oblivion.
Also when we would kill someone, we would auction their wares in the zone and add "slightly charred or bloodstained" to the auction. The rage tells we used to get were priceless.

Pheer
08-05-2010, 08:34 AM
Not the worst thing ive ever done, but I used to go on non legit eqemu servers before there were confirmation boxes for translocates and #cast a TL to natimbi on people.

Since PEQ was only on like velious at the most the zone wasnt up on most servers resulting in them being unable to log into their char. They'd reroll, spend around 30 minutes resummoning gear and setting hotkeys/UI, and then id do it again.

The no confirmation boxes thing was the same for rezzes at the time too, so on an eqemu pvp server that was experimenting with item loot in pvp, we'd kill a person then rez them and kill them again multiple times until we stripped anything we could use off of them. Shortly after that it became a bannable offense but it was fun for a couple days.

There used to be some really easy zone crash exploits on the emulator awhile back, and on a custom server I was playing another guild would regularly zone as many people in as they could while we were killing a raid mob to lag the zone and try to get us to wipe, so in revenge I followed them around crashing the zone every time they tried to kill one.

On the DoH eqemu pvp server I had an iksar SK that was non KOS in plane of fear, so I would hang out there literally 90% of the time I was online. If nobody was there I 2 boxed my shaman and slowly but surely pulled and killed nightmares to fill out my greenmist set, then when someone zoned in I'd bring a massive train and run straight to them. Usually theyd start attacking as I fded, and only then would they notice the 30+++ mobs coming over the hill. Running a train to a raid engaged with a golem and HTing their MT when he dipped low would cause a hilarious "what the fuck do we do" kind of situation as the melees would try to decide which thing to try to deal with first, golem, train, or the vulnerable FDed SK at their feet.

Another time I managed to get draco bugged underneath the world right on the path between two of the golem temples, soon as they walked over him he warped out of the ground and curbstomped their raid.

Every night I would FD afk underneath cazic's feet because no guild on the server was capable of killing him at the time, and I had to be online to get pvp points from the towers and cities my guild had control of. One day I came back to find myself dead. Apparently one of the people from the guild I trained hated me enough to eat numerous deaths by running to fear and casting a dot or DD on me just before CT smashed them. I /w all'd the person and they had deleveled to 42.

Vanech
08-05-2010, 09:09 AM
... I am guilty of FD flopping mobs into groups of my guildies to steal their camps for my friends...

fuji
08-05-2010, 09:21 AM
Not the worst thing ive ever done, but I used to go on non legit eqemu servers before there were confirmation boxes for translocates and #cast a TL to natimbi on people.

Since PEQ was only on like velious at the most the zone wasnt up on most servers resulting in them being unable to log into their char. They'd reroll, spend around 30 minutes resummoning gear and setting hotkeys/UI, and then id do it again.

The no confirmation boxes thing was the same for rezzes at the time too, so on an eqemu pvp server that was experimenting with item loot in pvp, we'd kill a person then rez them and kill them again multiple times until we stripped anything we could use off of them. Shortly after that it became a bannable offense but it was fun for a couple days.

There used to be some really easy zone crash exploits on the emulator awhile back, and on a custom server I was playing another guild would regularly zone as many people in as they could while we were killing a raid mob to lag the zone and try to get us to wipe, so in revenge I followed them around crashing the zone every time they tried to kill one.

On the DoH eqemu pvp server I had an iksar SK that was non KOS in plane of fear, so I would hang out there literally 90% of the time I was online. If nobody was there I 2 boxed my shaman and slowly but surely pulled and killed nightmares to fill out my greenmist set, then when someone zoned in I'd bring a massive train and run straight to them. Usually theyd start attacking as I fded, and only then would they notice the 30+++ mobs coming over the hill. Running a train to a raid engaged with a golem and HTing their MT when he dipped low would cause a hilarious "what the fuck do we do" kind of situation as the melees would try to decide which thing to try to deal with first, golem, train, or the vulnerable FDed SK at their feet.

Another time I managed to get draco bugged underneath the world right on the path between two of the golem temples, soon as they walked over him he warped out of the ground and curbstomped their raid.

Every night I would FD afk underneath cazic's feet because no guild on the server was capable of killing him at the time, and I had to be online to get pvp points from the towers and cities my guild had control of. One day I came back to find myself dead. Apparently one of the people from the guild I trained hated me enough to eat numerous deaths by running to fear and casting a dot or DD on me just before CT smashed them. I /w all'd the person and they had deleveled to 42.

Pheer what server can you summon items? I know you could do it on Krushers, but I dont think that server is running anymore.

Supreme
08-05-2010, 09:39 AM
Charming boats in Qeynos and killing Guildmasters.

azeth
08-05-2010, 09:44 AM
On live: Newb101 broadcasts "lvl 1 only raid on Slate! Start an alt and join us!"

So i send my enc over to crack and haste the "raid". Buffs done, I gotta log, so i /camp in the middle of 15-20 lvl 1-5's.

oh... shit.... i forgot i had an orc lego charmed..

log back in, the "raid" has mysteriously wiped/dispersed.

Teeroyoyort
08-05-2010, 09:45 AM
On Tarew Marr around PoP time, there was a Tarew Mar alliance. It consisted of about 5 family guilds raiding together. I happen to notice they're almost done clearing PoGrowth. I call my guildies, and leader says ok. So the guild heads over to PoG and we wait for them to attempt Tunare. They wipe, we let her regen to 100% and kill her. We ended up rezzing their clerics, but it was a pretty shitheaded thing to do.

Pheer
08-05-2010, 10:16 AM
Pheer what server can you summon items? I know you could do it on Krushers, but I dont think that server is running anymore.

The server I did this on hasnt been up for a long, long time. I don't know if theres any non legits with good up time right now but I did use one to get an estimate of the stats/damage/etc. my char would have at level 50 with specific gear. Even that was a few months back though.

Just scan through the server select now and then and maybe youll spot one up.

Messianic
08-05-2010, 10:36 AM
I once intentionally FD trained people who took all my LDCs and laughed at me in Sol B. I bet they didn't expect Fire Giants to port on top of them in the stone spider room...

That's probably the worst thing i ever did...

eqdruid76
08-05-2010, 11:03 AM
One time I farted on the set of Blue Lagoon....

VictoryARC
08-05-2010, 11:13 AM
I befriended a dude in a guild that we were in a guildwar with in RZ. Oot was our zone. We would pk anyone else coming in. When his guild got wind that we were letting him hunt there they got suspicious of him. It caused a rift and his guild ganged up on him one day, killing him and kicking him out for being a 'spy'. I was happy with myself initially for creating a 'mole' but I felt bad when his cover was blown.

tuxqueot
08-05-2010, 11:58 AM
lol reading forums at 4 am = bad, i read OP as in life or p99 not on live or p99. /sigh

Gratal
08-05-2010, 12:19 PM
I only took my druid to Misty Thicket and spent time charming wolves\bears, buffing them up with sow/haste/thorns/hp and gating back inside Rivervale....worst place to level that day lol

HippoNipple
08-05-2010, 12:19 PM
When I first started EQ I had nothing and couldn't stand being poor, so I figured out a way to make some money easy. I made a level 1 halfling, ran to HHK, and asked people with cool looking items if I could see in trade window to see the stats. At that time if you didn't click on someone you would auto drop what you had on cursor, then I would grab it. I'm guessing at this time you also couldn't link items to show stats cause then it wouldn't have worked either. I never got that many good items because these people were just mid range level but I thought they were good at the time. I got some exe axes, oracle robes, fbrs, and best item was a rubicate piece.

I was 14 years old at the time, stop judging me!

PhelanKA
08-05-2010, 02:16 PM
Used to PK people in Neriak bank all the time from the Blind Fish. You could cast on them thru the walls. We would act like we were selling something and so the person would have a bunch of plat on them then we would nuke em right before the trade. Eventually most of the server got wise and started checking out The Blind Fish before carrying any plat in the bank.

fuji
08-05-2010, 03:17 PM
Used to PK people in Neriak bank all the time from the Blind Fish. You could cast on them thru the walls. We would act like we were selling something and so the person would have a bunch of plat on them then we would nuke em right before the trade. Eventually most of the server got wise and started checking out The Blind Fish before carrying any plat in the bank.

Can you still do stuff like this on live? Or has it all been nerfed out?

Traderseven
08-05-2010, 04:19 PM
On live I followed a guy once while invis, I was just playing arround, pretending to be stealth and shit...

Then I saw him hide in a weird corner somewhere, and camp out, before he logged, he dropped some bags.

This could have possibly been me. Happened to me frequently. Was this in Kelethin in a hut near the noob lift?

PhelanKA
08-05-2010, 04:24 PM
Can you still do stuff like this on live? Or has it all been nerfed out?

I have not played Live since shortly after Velious was released so I have no idea.

toyodafenninro
08-05-2010, 04:33 PM
When I played on live, we used to keep track of the twinks of enemy players. When they would hit 46, I'd be sure I was there porting for donations. Instead of combine, though, which was usually what they wanted, I'd send em to Hate and gate.

Alcandre
08-05-2010, 05:40 PM
me(rogue) and a buddy(cleric) had made twinks and we were levelling up in lguk doing fg/magi/lord. some level 65 came in and started pling her alt at the magi camp. i picked up the entire zone from ass/sup to frenzied and all the mobs in between and trained her, killing them both. did it again when they came back. then they left after that. our zone.

same buddy had account info of a guildie that we both hated, so we logged into his account and took everything sellable and all his plat, was about 1.6m in plat after we sold everything, he quit after that. thats actually what we used to twink the alts haha

azeth
08-05-2010, 05:42 PM
When I played on live, we used to keep track of the twinks of enemy players. When they would hit 46, I'd be sure I was there porting for donations. Instead of combine, though, which was usually what they wanted, I'd send em to Hate and gate.

dont they need the soulstone in their inventory?

edit: mmm maybe not, maybe the wizard just needs them haha it's been a while..

Feather
08-05-2010, 11:01 PM
On live, I was a high elf Wizard hanging out with a wood elf Warrior. We were in South Karana. I was sitting medding. I accidentally hit a hotkey to a nuke while I had a Cyclops targeted. Yikes. My Warrior friend tried his best to fight the Cyclops but died. Unfortunately, he was bound several zones away. While running down the mountain from High Hold, he fell down that crevice there and died. I think it was over an hour for him to get all his corpses. After all that, he was still my friend.

Abacab-insurection
08-05-2010, 11:36 PM
I'm simply a paragon of virtue!

Reading half of this thread, every intentional train I've wrought on you people was well deserved in the names of karma and irony

thxer
08-06-2010, 12:09 AM
During raids one day ported a group over to SF to check on RF. The rest is history. Funny though, some months later he joined our ranks. <3

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/2255330.stm

Yoite
08-06-2010, 12:18 AM
Adventuring in EverQuest is fraught with danger

fuji
08-12-2010, 02:07 PM
How did u find that link?

Arclanz
08-12-2010, 02:16 PM
I was in befallen and thought it a good idea to spook the additional mob that came with a pull. Imagine my surprise when dozens of skeletons followed it back. I seem to recall the group making it out from level 2 alive, though; which I can't imagine happening now.

Cogwell
08-12-2010, 02:42 PM
And people act surprised with negative reactions to the Zeks and pvp in everquest...

Usually sadists/masochists aren't so proud.

Messianic
08-12-2010, 02:45 PM
I'm simply a paragon of virtue!

Reading half of this thread, every intentional train I've wrought on you people was well deserved in the names of karma and irony

Naw, you're still a useless annoyance to most people, and water under the bridge to the rest...

Noleafclover
08-12-2010, 04:03 PM
Worst thing I've done?

Oh so you played on a pvp server and a roleplaying server? =p

AEing the ragefire raid = win.

This makes me want to go train someone. I'm a monk ffs, I haven't trained a single person.

Worst "oh shit" moment - AFK'd in a "safe" spot in Uguk @ 35, was bound @ liveside lguk. When I bound I'd figured - 1 mob, I can turn and zone.

25 corpses.

Found a cleric w/ a manastone though :)

Slathar
08-12-2010, 04:16 PM
I would routinely manaburn maintanks during AoW raids and Ssra raids causing horrible wipes. If I somehow failed, I would just Nexus Gate train the raid. I did this hundreds of times. I'm going to hell.

Japan
08-12-2010, 05:08 PM
Experience as a guide taught me that, circa 2001, GM tools were extremely time-consuming, and when stolen money was laundered through multiple accounts most GMs would give up on finding the culprit and just restore the plaintiff's assets without addressing the problem. So the worst thing I did was a little social-engineering exploit:

I looted a couple of friends' accounts using a brand-new account to launder all the items, then passed all the loot to my own dummy second account. I sold everything, and traded the money directly to my main account. This first stage I seriously fucked up - I could easily have just sold the items directly from my friends' accounts and thereby had another layer of money laundry. But ultimately, all their items got restored, and no accounts associated with the supposed scam were penalized in any way. I decided, based on this, that only one layer of obfuscation would be required in the future.

Months later I traded all the cash to a friend's abandoned account, purchased gear with it and levelled a twink for a few days. I then changed this account's password from a different IP, sold all the gear, traded the plat to a dummy account, and then traded the plat again to my main account. I reported the gear off the abandoned account stolen and had it restored.

At this point over a million plat in gear had been duped for me - TWICE - by GMs.

A few months' cool-off later I sold the remaining duped gear, traded it to my main account, and all my profits were now liquid asset. I decided to go double-or-nothing, and spent all of the about 2.5million plat I had on an extremely twinked shaman-monk 2-box made on friends' longstanding abandoned accounts. I levelled these to about 40 (with druid PL). Then I "ripped off" the imaginary player of these accounts by again changing the password and selling everything, this time splitting the money into a many small blobs (I was paranoid there was some kind of "huge transaction" detector built into the GM tools) of plat and trading them through the original laundry account and back to my main.

I had the items restored, putting me up about 5,000,000pp from the start of this scam. However, the same GM had been responsible for the last two dupes, and hinted that he was on to me by indicating a full investigation would be warranted if these incidents continued on my server. I split about a million, total, between the friends who had invested in this scam, ebayed about 2,500,000pp, kept the rest, and lived the rest of my EQ life a rich man.

Maelstrom
08-12-2010, 05:31 PM
Worst thing I can remember doing was leaving this punk pally behind in Howling Stones. That zone can be hell all alone without a way out.... :cool:

Dac321
08-12-2010, 05:34 PM
Back during the first week I began to play I was in West Freeport watching this huge battle (at the time I didn't know what it was) anyways, they were killing Lucan's remains for the paladin epic requirement. Once they finished they were all standing around the corpse for like 5 minutes. I thought they had finished and went to see if I could loot the corpse for any loot.

I looted the entire corpse, and destroyed what I thought was a useless note..

Needless to say I was flamed, horribly. But afterward they petitioned a GM, I explained I had no idea, and they made a copy of it and gave it to the guy completing the quest. We all had a laugh when the whole thing was over.

sleepingwolf
08-12-2010, 06:08 PM
On live? First time in Blackburrow, I looked down into the pit to see a Gnoll there. Not seeing a quick way for it to get out, I figured it was safe to shoot at...

One of my favorite pass times, The trains would be biblical in proportion.

Tiggles
08-12-2010, 07:07 PM
I played a bard.....

...on Sullon zek

I trained countless raids in any and all zones.

got suspended for exploiting Plane of War Pit and maxing out my aa in a week.

Exploited the charm mechanic aka Charm Burn to send every dragon in WW onto a player using a charmed dire house. Shut down Rivervale freeport Gfay etc by exploiting guard agro on noobs over and over again because the good/nuet team couldent deal with a gear bard at the time.

Used to Solo Rumblecrush by training him into the shadow wolves, Charmburned numerous raid mobs so the other teams wouldent get them.

girth
08-12-2010, 07:53 PM
Plane of Tactics...not War.

I made the same mistake a few weeks ago and was corrected.

Hambo
08-13-2010, 12:53 PM
Funnest thing I ever did back in the day, was hang around cabilis till I found me a lowbie and tell them to follow me to grand master glox. Promise them great rewards if they target him and say, 'I am ready' (they teleport into a locked room with a level 40ish version of Glox, where you have to loot the key from him to get out)

Picked up a bag full of gear that fell to the ground between two people just before kunark released (on live),.. it had several pieces of ivy armor and two SSoY. Couple days later my account had a several day long ban on it ><

Guy I knew went on vacation for a week and let me "borrow" his fungi tunic in early velious. We didn't see eye to eye for the rest of our EQ careers.

Bought platinum for the first time from the chinese farmers, the guy that came to deliver it spoke very poor broken engrish. The total was 300k worth. As soon as I got it, I sent the 'company' and email stating that I never recieved payment and they sent me another 300k. (somewhere around luclin/early PoP)

My main character for the longest time was a monk, so.. naturally there were many people and groups trained when I felt slighted or just wanted a camp.

Ahh the teenage days

vincin
08-13-2010, 01:33 PM
marriage

fuji
08-13-2010, 02:16 PM
I once held a raid in KK and it went horribly wrong in Phinny's room. I did a quit evac and everyone made it out but a druid that was afk. We all left after that and I never knew what happened to the druids corpse.

fuji
08-13-2010, 02:18 PM
Funnest thing I ever did back in the day, was hang around cabilis till I found me a lowbie and tell them to follow me to grand master glox. Promise them great rewards if they target him and say, 'I am ready' (they teleport into a locked room with a level 40ish version of Glox, where you have to loot the key from him to get out)

Picked up a bag full of gear that fell to the ground between two people just before kunark released (on live),.. it had several pieces of ivy armor and two SSoY. Couple days later my account had a several day long ban on it ><

Guy I knew went on vacation for a week and let me "borrow" his fungi tunic in early velious. We didn't see eye to eye for the rest of our EQ careers.

Bought platinum for the first time from the chinese farmers, the guy that came to deliver it spoke very poor broken engrish. The total was 300k worth. As soon as I got it, I sent the 'company' and email stating that I never recieved payment and they sent me another 300k. (somewhere around luclin/early PoP)

My main character for the longest time was a monk, so.. naturally there were many people and groups trained when I felt slighted or just wanted a camp.

Ahh the teenage days

That chinese story almost made me cry.

aresprophet
08-13-2010, 05:12 PM
I ran a Vox pickup raid in order to get a white dragonscale

as a druid.

There were four bards. Two scales dropped so I felt less guilty.

Sold the thing for a fortune to some lazy Da'kor (or was it Midnight Fury?) guy who was twinking out a bard for resist songs in NToV. I twinked out a rogue, which was the big mistake. Should've spent it on a monk or shaman as it was early Velious.

Whole server found out about it and was up in arms. I'd coerced 60 people into wasting hours of their time for my own personal gain, and nothing worthwhile dropped for anyone else but one bard (2 scales, bracelet, useless horn).

I'd excused the whole thing to people by claiming that I wanted a cloak (this was mere weeks before focus effects were patched in). They said they'd have a bard trade me a cloak for the scale. I declined, and after buying the cloak with my ill-gotten gains I still had a pile of plat left over. I then later sold that cloak when focus effects came (it had spell haste 3) for 50k more than I bought it, then when the focus on it got changed (ID3, not nearly as useful) bought it again and pocketed a 40k difference. Ended up with almost 100k in profit from that raid, for so little effort.

I was 15 at the time so I was inordinately proud of pulling it off.

azeth
08-13-2010, 05:21 PM
I ran a Vox pickup raid in order to get a white dragonscale

as a druid.

There were four bards. Two scales dropped so I felt less guilty.

Sold the thing for a fortune to some lazy Da'kor (or was it Midnight Fury?) guy who was twinking out a bard for resist songs in NToV. I twinked out a rogue, which was the big mistake. Should've spent it on a monk or shaman as it was early Velious.

Whole server found out about it and was up in arms. I'd coerced 60 people into wasting hours of their time for my own personal gain, and nothing worthwhile dropped for anyone else but one bard (2 scales, bracelet, useless horn).

I'd excused the whole thing to people by claiming that I wanted a cloak (this was mere weeks before focus effects were patched in). They said they'd have a bard trade me a cloak for the scale. I declined, and after buying the cloak with my ill-gotten gains I still had a pile of plat left over. I then later sold that cloak when focus effects came (it had spell haste 3) for 50k more than I bought it, then when the focus on it got changed (ID3, not nearly as useful) bought it again and pocketed a 40k difference. Ended up with almost 100k in profit from that raid, for so little effort.

I was 15 at the time so I was inordinately proud of pulling it off.

I am jealous. I had hoped I'd be able to run this scam on any pickup raid I've ever done.

In hindsight I'm glad I never had the opportunity to because your reputation on Rodcet Nife was on blast for every thing you did, good or bad.

Wenai
08-13-2010, 06:12 PM
I never did anything that bad honestly.. only to people who deserved it..

I once sat for a few hours looking for Brother Zephyl to spawn because a friend and I wanted to try and trio it. I was waiting for him to get online and a 12 person mini-raid showed up to down him for some level 52 Monk so he could get his epic. This was back in the day when you could give a 2HB to BZ so he wouldn't dual wield.

I had asked them to give me a few minutes for my friend to get online since I had been there before him and he was apprehensive and said he wanted to just kill him now. I asked a mage in the zone to summon me some weapons. I gave them to BZ to force him out of is 2HB. Needless to say they weren't sure if they could kill him anymore since he was going to be quadding 500.

In the end they ended up allowing us a shot at BZ after I explained it was three of us. The people there were laughing at us and telling us it was impossible to kill him with only three people. (I believe it was during POP era) We had the 61 (or 62? Air pet) with a 60 Shaman and 60 Cleric. We literally just all chain casted heals on the pet until the damage shield dropped him lol. I ended up looting the ROTLC on my level 7 Monk which quickly ported over to Dreadlands to turn it into a Multi-Quested ROTWF .. Needless to say the guy was pissed at us for "wasting" the robe. Which was actually kind of true because I never ever played the monk ever again.

=====

The other time was a training incident where the person deserved it. I had been trio'ing Chief camp in Droga for a few hours and we were the only people in the zone. Suddenly we a get a camp check and we claim Chief. A gnome magician from Legacy of Steel suddenly shows up at the camp and starts up some chit chat with my Magician friend (they apparently knew eachother from some point). Eventually the Mage invis'd and left us.

Not even five minutes later a Monk from Legacy of Steel show up in the camp and feign deaths a giant train on us. Since I was a necro I just FD'd and survived. My mage friend couldn't gate out in time but gated out his cleric. So there I am laying in the Chief camp with the Monk who just trained us and who shows up? The same gnome magician. He summons a pet and they get ready to clear the camp. My magician friend shows up and uses COTH to get me back to zoneline. So we get the corpse and leave the camp area.. seemingly in defeat.

We were ready to walk away because we knew a GM wasn't going to do shit to a LoS member. I notice the Monk put on an AFK tag. I go check the camp and low and behold.. he is sitting and not FD. I run and grab a huge train.. run in the camp, /wave and feign death. The mage was easily overwhelmed and the AFK monk gets killed. We move back in the camp and continue it as if nothing happened. They show up loot their corpses and leave.

It was a really weird situation. We never said anything to them when they trained us. They never said anything to us when we trained them. No petitions were made and we just moved on killing the camp.

Devil
08-13-2010, 07:11 PM
I was involved in some "legitimately illegal" stuff involving Everquest back in the Velious/Luclin era. I had a buddy who pioneered Paypal scamming through mass mailing people the old "re-verify your account information" email, (yes, it used to work on TONS of people). Paypal would catch on very quickly and disable the account, so it was really hard to make actual purchases from Ebay, and "pay by paypal" was virtually unknown back then, so there weren't many online stores that offered that as a payment option. It turned out the fastest and easiest way to exploit the accounts was to purchase in-game currency or character accounts for sale on Playerauctions/Ebay, because they would be delivered so quickly. At one point we literally had 1 of every class (all extremely well geared) and millions of plat on multiple servers. It actually spoiled the game for me, having it as good as I did, and ultimately caused me to quit from boredom. I felt awful for taking player accounts, but I never felt bad about taking plat farmers money. And ultimately in most cases Paypal refunds money to account holders who had their account stolen through a scam. Crazy times. I'll bet that shit is near impossible nowadays.

Ridikulus
08-14-2010, 05:35 PM
In 2008 they had a two month long GM event where they populated Blackburrow and Lower Guk with level 80 monsters and droppable twink gear that was worth millions. Basically in June Lower Guk was revamped, and in July Blackburrow.

I single handedly ruined the event for everyone that wasn't in my little casual guild that I ran.

Recently having become unemployed, I spent every waking hour in each of the zones boxing my bard main, and few friend's characters namely a berserker, cleric, and warrior.

The craziest part ? I wasn't actually breaking any rules or training anyone. Even though I had thousands of petitions against me and everyone was claiming I was killing them or hacking in order to get their named.

I even had GMs come in and talk to me about all the petitions they were receiving. They couldn't do anything to me.

I simply had every single camp on a timer, and was able to invis to specific locations which allowed me to pull all the named in the zone from any camp. The GM told me I was pretty much out playing people and there was nothing he could do.

I had people training me all day and using warp hacks on me in order to not die from their own trains. It was hilarious because those were the exact things people were claiming that I was doing in order to get their named. The GMs were watching me and knew the truth, however.

After the events were over, the backlash was fucking insane. I'm still the most hated person on the entire server, to this day.

The rumors and lies about me got so out of hand that I couldn't even walk into a zone without people shouting to CLEAR THE WAY JERI IS ABOUT TO TRAIN EVERYONE.

Every single person who grouped with me or was my friend was blacklisted and harassed for YEARS. Also, every single person associated with me in any way was accused of being my alt.

Now I'm willing to admit, that ruining the GM event that Summer was pretty whack. But it's not like I kept the gear all to myself, I geared out all of my friends and guildees with it, barely making any profit. I mean, the people trying to camp it were basically going to do the same thing with the gear, right ? I was just taking care of my own, because I could. That whole event was comprised of people who already had better gear, fighting over twink gear like a pack of wild dogs. I just happened to be the giant mutant hyena in the center.

The backlash became so outlandish, that I was forced to abandon the bard entirely even though it was max AA and nicely geared. So I gave it away and started a new bard from scratch.

I then started a new guild where I would help people all day and powerlevel them. This went well for about a year until someone on the inside ratted me out and now my new identity was compromised. People left my guild in droves for fear of being associated with me, and I lost heart and quit live.

The hundreds of friends that I had made over the years, the years of glory I had in the server's top guild as their main puller, probably the best puller/bard Brotherhood of the Spider ever had. The thousands of players I've helped over the years, a legendary reputation dating all the way back to 2001. None of that mattered anymore because of what I did that Summer. They even rewrote the history of my original bard, (he was originally banned for a bad surname) saying that he was banned for hacking/training. I was now considered lower than trash. Even the people who defended me were just accused of being my alts and ignored.

It's really amazing, the power of rumor and slander. Everquest is just like a highschool.

You can log into the Rathe server right now and people will still be cursing my name in general chat (Jeri), almost paranoid that I'm still lurking in the shadows to ruin their day.

I get stopped at least once or twice a week on this server by people asking me "If I'm that guy from the Rathe".
Haha thankfully the majority of people I've met here quit playing live before my little incident, and only remember me for my time in BotS.

Itchybottom
08-14-2010, 05:48 PM
Everquest is just like a highschool.

Highschool never ended. That was just your first job. Really sucks about all of the drama queens related to the Internet though. Foaming at the mouth bastards over a few pixels.

davedeck42
08-15-2010, 01:01 PM
nothing terrible but was in a top end guild with a wierd but effective dkp system that resets after a while and the person with the lowest score wins the item. Was in COA on my warrior and the health ring drops off of warden and the only person with lower score than me was arogue who takes it. Pissed me off pretty bad to say the least. So next we kill the arch mage guy or whatever before the final boss and he drops the 1hs. We had never gotten one before and so needless to say all the dps were pretty stoked... well me being the pissed off prick i was with the lowest score, i took it and laughed at all the angry rogues.. Kind of feel bad about it because they could have used it more, but whatever, they shouldnt have taken the ring.

Knightmare
08-15-2010, 10:27 PM
A friend and I used to convince newbies on Rallos Zek, that if you took a brittle iksar skull out to the Tangrin off the Field of Bone on the Island, he would reward you with nice XP and 5 gold. We would provide them with the skull and take them to the island, then watch from afar as the Tangrin pounded them into oblivion.
Also when we would kill someone, we would auction their wares in the zone and add "slightly charred or bloodstained" to the auction. The rage tells we used to get were priceless.

I might say that us Pking someone, looting an item from them, then auctioning it off dirt cheap right away, as being "slightly charred and potentially useless to its owner" may have been 2nd worst to our Tangrin antic :D

Tamika
08-16-2010, 05:41 AM
Forgetting that this is just a game.

fuji
08-17-2010, 05:05 PM
In 2008 they had a two month long GM event where they populated Blackburrow and Lower Guk with level 80 monsters and droppable twink gear that was worth millions. Basically in June Lower Guk was revamped, and in July Blackburrow.

I single handedly ruined the event for everyone that wasn't in my little casual guild that I ran.

Recently having become unemployed, I spent every waking hour in each of the zones boxing my bard main, and few friend's characters namely a berserker, cleric, and warrior.

The craziest part ? I wasn't actually breaking any rules or training anyone. Even though I had thousands of petitions against me and everyone was claiming I was killing them or hacking in order to get their named.

I even had GMs come in and talk to me about all the petitions they were receiving. They couldn't do anything to me.

I simply had every single camp on a timer, and was able to invis to specific locations which allowed me to pull all the named in the zone from any camp. The GM told me I was pretty much out playing people and there was nothing he could do.

I had people training me all day and using warp hacks on me in order to not die from their own trains. It was hilarious because those were the exact things people were claiming that I was doing in order to get their named. The GMs were watching me and knew the truth, however.

After the events were over, the backlash was fucking insane. I'm still the most hated person on the entire server, to this day.

The rumors and lies about me got so out of hand that I couldn't even walk into a zone without people shouting to CLEAR THE WAY JERI IS ABOUT TO TRAIN EVERYONE.

Every single person who grouped with me or was my friend was blacklisted and harassed for YEARS. Also, every single person associated with me in any way was accused of being my alt.

Now I'm willing to admit, that ruining the GM event that Summer was pretty whack. But it's not like I kept the gear all to myself, I geared out all of my friends and guildees with it, barely making any profit. I mean, the people trying to camp it were basically going to do the same thing with the gear, right ? I was just taking care of my own, because I could. That whole event was comprised of people who already had better gear, fighting over twink gear like a pack of wild dogs. I just happened to be the giant mutant hyena in the center.

The backlash became so outlandish, that I was forced to abandon the bard entirely even though it was max AA and nicely geared. So I gave it away and started a new bard from scratch.

I then started a new guild where I would help people all day and powerlevel them. This went well for about a year until someone on the inside ratted me out and now my new identity was compromised. People left my guild in droves for fear of being associated with me, and I lost heart and quit live.

The hundreds of friends that I had made over the years, the years of glory I had in the server's top guild as their main puller, probably the best puller/bard Brotherhood of the Spider ever had. The thousands of players I've helped over the years, a legendary reputation dating all the way back to 2001. None of that mattered anymore because of what I did that Summer. They even rewrote the history of my original bard, (he was originally banned for a bad surname) saying that he was banned for hacking/training. I was now considered lower than trash. Even the people who defended me were just accused of being my alts and ignored.

It's really amazing, the power of rumor and slander. Everquest is just like a highschool.

You can log into the Rathe server right now and people will still be cursing my name in general chat (Jeri), almost paranoid that I'm still lurking in the shadows to ruin their day.

I get stopped at least once or twice a week on this server by people asking me "If I'm that guy from the Rathe".
Haha thankfully the majority of people I've met here quit playing live before my little incident, and only remember me for my time in BotS.

You dont have a video or pics of this do you?

Weekapaug
08-17-2010, 05:28 PM
Sometime during Kunark-era my mage buddy figured out how to make his pet go NPC during duel. Something involving dispell as I recall. And when this was done, the pet wasn't just NPC, it was aggro also.

One friday the mage and I and a couple of other friends decided to spice things up in the EC tunnel, which was packed. We fired one of these things off right smack in the middle of the tunnel between shady and the entrance. And logged the hell out....I think it even killed the mage first. LOL

Came back 5 mins later to witness the mayhem. Complete carnage. I mean literally the entire tunnel was cleared out. LOL And the spam in open channels was priceless.

We had a good laugh, but felt so bad that we all called our guilds in to come help whack these pets and help with rezzes, etc. Without admitting to anything of course. We just came to "help." :P

hedbonker
08-17-2010, 05:54 PM
on live, a few months after I started playing, the people in gfay begging was getting ridiculous. So, to discourage them I started telling them to target me and type /d to enter "donation" mode. As a wizard I was able to then 1 shot them...

Another amusement was when you could drop coin on the ground - drop a plat on the ground, go invis and then sit on it. Then watch all the newbies circling you as they tried in vain to pick up the coin - A related one was to give a newbie so much copper that they could not budge when they begged...

And finally, whenever my guild was running to some raid location, I would always do a camp check and then claim one of the camps that was taken. When the owners of that camp protested I would choose the name of one of the other people in the zone and claim that they were holding the camp or had been there for hours or whatever and invariably a whole war would break out in OOC and I would zone on my merry way to wherever we were going...

Fists
08-17-2010, 07:26 PM
On Rallos, I would act like I was selling my sali dagger for something super cheap, 75-125k, get a buyer, get them in the group, and have my brother sitting behind bank 2 port us to lavastorm. Despite the level difference, they were always encumbered, and were easy pickings =P

fuji
08-17-2010, 08:49 PM
on live, a few months after I started playing, the people in gfay begging was getting ridiculous. So, to discourage them I started telling them to target me and type /d to enter "donation" mode. As a wizard I was able to then 1 shot them...

Another amusement was when you could drop coin on the ground - drop a plat on the ground, go invis and then sit on it. Then watch all the newbies circling you as they tried in vain to pick up the coin - A related one was to give a newbie so much copper that they could not budge when they begged...

And finally, whenever my guild was running to some raid location, I would always do a camp check and then claim one of the camps that was taken. When the owners of that camp protested I would choose the name of one of the other people in the zone and claim that they were holding the camp or had been there for hours or whatever and invariably a whole war would break out in OOC and I would zone on my merry way to wherever we were going...

That invis plat trick is awesome, I so wished I had of tried it.

LizardNecro
08-18-2010, 12:34 AM
I played an Iksar Necro on Sullon Zek.

I did some bad things, but was nowhere near the worst on the server.

I was one of the first to level 35 and celebrated by going to Crushbone, the good team newbie spot.
Man people could not believe there was a lvl 35 necro there already. I sat at crushbone entrance and camped corpses for hours. There were always naked newbie alts training the zone trying to get me out, but I could survive the trains forever and the trains were killing goods trying to loot their corpses.
At one point one of the good team elves started cozying up to me and assisted me in destroying everyone. He told me and warned me that the goods were massing a huuuuge attack to get their corpses. A bunch of lvl 20+ goods (high level goods) where there to help. He told them "he's low on heath, zone in now!" and got everyone to zone in prematurely. The goods all died and I kept camping their corpses The traitor elf told me that several people quit their accounts because of that.

I got ally faction in Chardok, and was bound there. Every time the good team tried to raid Chardok for the cleric epic, I would get tells, and I would zone in and train them. I could create MAMMOTH trains by being ally faction and using QVoX/harmshield. Many cleric epics were ruined because of me.

I got ally faction for the halfling quarter in the moon city (forget the name) by killing scouts. I would often run into "the wrong guards" (halfling guards) and have neutral/good players killed.

My greatest moment was when I needed the head of dain frostreaver. Nobody on the evil team was killing the dain, only the neutral team was. I told the neutral team I would help them with their kill if they would let me, otherwise I would train and disrupt them. There was great hostility, but they reluctantly agreed. Their raid started wiping and it was down to me and two groups of neuts. I ended up doing so much damage that I out KSed their entire raid!
I bent down to loot the corpse to prove I had out damaged them but was honorable and let them have the loot. I could have taken the head but I didn't.

I got the bracers of Aten Ha Ra that cast dispell and pked in the Grey. The grey is a zone you need waterbreathing for. I would engage people in combat and then dispell them halfway through the zone, and watch them die.

I contributed to showEQ source code.

I started leveling a friend on a monk alt, pling him with my necro in the dreadlands. There was this neut druid named "jonah" that was leveling around there. I would snare him, bring his health down, and then my friend playing the monk would come in and kill him. This guy kept logging around the same time every day. I'd find him, and do the same thing each day. It got to the point where we were taunting him, we would send him tells like "time for your daily medicine" and "this is gonna hurt you a lot more than it hurts me.". Really cracked us up and we still talk about it over beers sometimes.

A lot of really fun times on that server. I miss it. I wonder how many of you I played with. I wish I could port my character to projectEQ.

mimixownzall
08-18-2010, 02:37 AM
I sold my 57 mage for $1800. 6 months later I noticed that my CC was being charged for one more account than I had. I figured the guy who bought the account never changed the billing, so I called sony and said that I had let my subscription continue because I was planing on playing again, but I was afraid that if I let it go so long without renewing, my characters would get erased. I said that when I tried to log on, my password was not working, so I thought I had just forgot what it was. The customer service rep asked me all my personal info and if I knew the card number that was being charged. I gave them everything they asked and they reset my password.

I log in and my mage is level 60, in uber gear and had about 150k on him.

I kept getting phone calls from the guy who bought it with threats of sueing. I laughed at him and wished him the best of luck.

mimixownzall
08-18-2010, 02:51 AM
Friend charming a sand giant. I would sow it and he would haste it and then invis it. We would take it to the shore by a couple of lowbie groups in oasis. He would gate and i would watch the carnage.

When Sword of Runes would proc on any creature when wielded by an NPC, I would hand them to all the orc pawns in east and west freeport. It was funny watching newbs go up and fight a pawn, then BAM! 42dmg proc of death.

Handing noobs a Mod Rod (pretty decent dmg/dly) then telling them, "What ever you do, do NOT right lick it fast." Wait long enough, and curiousity would kill the noob.

The guy above who talked about turning your pet into an NPC. You did it by dueling and enchanter. The enchanter would cast charm on your pet. It wouldnt do anything, but when you got the 'charm spell has worn off on your pet' message, it was now rogue and KOS to everything. Here is a little story exploiting that:

Made a rogue pet outside of NFP bank under that little overhang. It was a 53 air pet and would go invis. My friends and I were sittin around waitin for someone to get close, but everyone was too far away. My friend asks me "hey, can you summon me a bag?" I give him one and he goes over there next to pet invis and drops it on the ground. He then shouts "bag of bronze on the ground whoever dropped it." Some level 10 female druid shouts "oh, thats mine" and runs over to pick it up. Blam! it stuns her and then proceeds to demolish her. Some half elf paladin. in an attempt to save his lady in need, runs up and whiffs at it. He, too, takes a dirt nap. The guards jump in, but they were dispatched with ease. When the GM finally showed up, there were about 50 corpses laying around. The GM then started handing out reses and was there for a long while.

mimixownzall
08-18-2010, 02:54 AM
When I was on Sullon Zek I would sit in the bazaar and look for newts/goods appear who were nekkid. Knowing they were sitting there waiting on their reses from their raiding, I would cast Translocate: Cobalt Scar on them. They, thinking it was their res window popping up, would accept it. I got a LOT of hate tells over that.

You know, i never really thought of myself as a griefer... I guess I am though =/

Braveguard
08-18-2010, 09:22 AM
LOL! I hope I never play with any of you guys!

hedbonker
08-18-2010, 10:37 AM
When I was on Sullon Zek I would sit in the bazaar and look for newts/goods appear who were nekkid. Knowing they were sitting there waiting on their reses from their raiding, I would cast Translocate: Cobalt Scar on them. They, thinking it was their res window popping up, would accept it. I got a LOT of hate tells over that.

You know, i never really thought of myself as a griefer... I guess I am though =/

Heh this reminded me of something I used to do - When a competing guild had beaten us to the punch on some target like AOW I would hang out in case they wiped. If they did I would go around casting revive on the corpses figuring the poor hapless players would assume it was an epic rez and just click the box - And sure enough...

I cannot take credit for this one but I loved it... There was a guy who sold things for very high prices and farmed the crap out of some very desirable items and he was not the most popular guy on the server... So one day I am in the bazaar (1st version) and a guy goes over to this guy in question who is in merchant mode and casts lev on him. He then starts to bump into him and moves him...

He proceeds to bump and herd him until he gets him into the arena and then proceeds to gank him. Must have been 20 people watching this and all cheered when he fell.

Quylein
08-18-2010, 11:39 AM
"Handing noobs a Mod Rod (pretty decent dmg/dly) then telling them, "What ever you do, do NOT right lick it fast." Wait long enough, and curiousity would kill the noob."

That was my horrible thing I did on Tholuxe palles espically from begging newbs... I use to raid drop them all over the newb area and watch newbs pick them up and pwn themselves.

When LOY came out on sullen zek my brother was Pling me in SBmnt. and was in tree form on the zone outside near the warrens. I'd taunt newt/ evils into attacking me, not knowing that I was just leading them to their deaths.. I think I got a good 100+ kills doing that.

Taxi
08-18-2010, 11:46 AM
On rallos zek, some guy 4 lvls above me and geared killed me over and over for 20 minutes. He then sends me a tell telling me that he'll stop if i port him to zone X.

I say sure, and i port him, at 2am in the morning, in dreadlands in Kunark where nobody went.

---

3 guys kill me in Queynos hills. I follow them to Queynos where i knew how to climb on rooftops. I kill them one by one while they are shopping until they beg me to stop in tells.

---

I was mostly a good toon (anti-pk) so most of what i did was in return for something done to me or others but hey.

MxG
08-18-2010, 11:58 AM
On the first day of tallon zek (july 99), I was a dark elf and looted a worn great staff which was obviously uber coz it was one of the first dropped by decaying skeletons on the server. So I auctioned it for 1pp and a human offered me the money. We traded and I killed him right after to get it back while keeping his money.

God pvp makes me chuckle!

hedbonker
08-18-2010, 12:05 PM
Of course the ultimate cool PvP was this:

http://www.notaddicted.com/fansythefamous.php

Lazortag
08-18-2010, 12:21 PM
One time I was in EC with my bard kiting around all the NPC's in the zone because I'm just uber that way. After five hours of finally getting every single mob in the zone, everyone was shitting a brick because they couldn't kill anything and since I had engaged the mobs first they were powerless to stop me. For hours on end I was kiting these mobs and watched as pathetic little noobs stayed permanently at level 1 because they couldn't kill anything. Then one of the noobs tried killing one of my mobs but a GM stepped in just in time, and gave him a three month suspension for attempted KSing. Then I went and found some little nooblets on a hill, I went down the hill so that the mobs couldn't see me and the mobs were like "lol wtf" so they just hit the players nearest to them, mercilessly slaughtering everyone around. Then the mobs started chasing me again and I went to the tunnel where I decided I was going to finish them off, but I went up a hill again so the mobs just attacked whoever was closest, demolishing everyone in the tunnel. So the zone was empty for a while except for me and my little train of mobs, and at this time I was running around in a circle trying to bunch my mobs up together so I could one-shot them with denon's desperate dirge. Then someone respawned back at the tunnel because they were bound there, so I was like "lol why not" and I FD'd next to him and killed him. Then he respawned again and I killed him again, and I hacked his computer so that he couldn't just unplug it or turn off the game or disconnect his internet, so he got into a death loop and lost 45 levels. While this was happening the pathetic little shrimp was begging me to stop, saying that he would sell me his soul if I just stopped training and hacking him, but I was like "lol no" so I just kept on killing him until he was level 1. Then he tried to 90% rez all of his corpses to profit from exp, but I petitioned a GM and told him he was exploiting, and after a thorough and transparent investigation that was observed by a panel of impartial judges, they agreed and banned him for ten years.

hedbonker
08-18-2010, 12:39 PM
Bards can't FD.

Messianic
08-18-2010, 12:51 PM
Bards can't FD.

That's all you took from that?

He made up a story, amalgamating parts of the stories already told, to piece together a fantasy that mocks the people who have posted previously in an effort to insinuate that many of the stories told before are complete BS.

hedbonker
08-18-2010, 01:01 PM
It was a joke...

Jace
08-18-2010, 02:44 PM
During PoP era in PoTranquility levitating a guildie that went AFK with autofollow on and then binding them over the water so when levitate fell
they deathlooped to lvl 45 and were unable to zone back into PoTranquility which requires lvl 46 to zonein.

Lazortag
08-19-2010, 05:44 PM
Bards can't FD.

I did this with a monk that I two-boxed.

KnuckleSangwich
08-19-2010, 06:58 PM

Wow...

krforrester
08-19-2010, 07:26 PM
Well, I didn't do much wrong, but some guy definitely is going to hell for screwing with me in my first days of EQ.

I was level 5 in Freeport and he told me he could get me to level 17 easily. He had me follow him to WC and said "Go hit that wisp once, stop attacking and then hit it again." Well, needless to say I died quickly and the guy was standing there emoting laughter.

He should be posting here.

fuji
08-20-2010, 12:30 AM
Well, I didn't do much wrong, but some guy definitely is going to hell for screwing with me in my first days of EQ.

I was level 5 in Freeport and he told me he could get me to level 17 easily. He had me follow him to WC and said "Go hit that wisp once, stop attacking and then hit it again." Well, needless to say I died quickly and the guy was standing there emoting laughter.

He should be posting here.

Good thing it wasnt a bind loop.

sideris
08-20-2010, 03:06 PM
A couple times I would go to oasis and pull the specs to the docks.
I used invis after I got agro... so almost none of the players could see me.

I would then run the specs around and train people. A lot of time, the noobs would think it was GM event because the specs would be searching for them (using track).

azxten
08-21-2010, 03:40 AM
I think this story puts all the rest to shame...

When I was about 14 I had a raging EQ addiction. There was this level 51 Necro who I had met somehow and I noticed how he was super emo over female characters. I had zero gear at this point. I think my highest character was like a 20 Necro or something. I created a female dark elf and coordinated a chance encounter with this guy. He would help PL me some, etc for a day of playing or so and then he cybered me (yep) and at the end when he was logging I asked if I could use his character to farm some stuff. So, he agreed and told me how he loved me and all this stuff.

Now that's pretty bad already but now it gets really fucked up. I immediately stripped every single item off his account and put it on my account. Then I sent tells to people who had level 20-30 characters I wanted (decided on warrior) asking if they wanted to trade accounts with me in exchange for some sweet gear I'd leave on the account. They got gear and had to start at level 1 again and I got a level 25 warrior or whatever and 95% of the gear I'd taken. I don't remember how we worked it out but everything went smoothly. We traded accounts and I had almost all the gear still and a new higher level character.

The next day I got a tell from him that he was banned for hacking the other guys account and stealing all his gear. They did an item reimbursement for the guy I'd stolen everything from, deleted my original account, and I got to keep the new account with all the duplicated gear. I have no idea how the fuck this ended up happening but I guess they thought I took his shit then gave it away to some random newb. I had sold a LOT of the gear as it was caster items and I wanted melee stuff so to undo all the trades, items, etc would be a big headache.

tl;dr I cybered some guy, stole his account and gear, traded that account to some poor innocent, and made away with their account and most of the gear while they took the ban.

You know, in retrospect I ended up meeting this 15 year old girl who lived 1 hour away from me while playing some level 14 cleric on that account I had traded for. We actually met PvPing against each other and I used DA to med up and gate when I got my ass kicked. I used my new found "leet gear" to impress her and ended up eventually meeting her in person and losing my virginity to her. She was super hot as well although more than a bit psychotic which is another story.

Oh and the original level 51 Necros name was Taldayen? On Vallon/Tallon Zek I forget which. He was a pretty popular guy I bet some people here might know him.

Edgetiq
08-21-2010, 07:22 AM
I wouldn't say it was the worst but I did Charm bug a lot of Sullon Zek was hated a lot etc

I deleveled a few people and had the wrath of whole guilds come down on me and got Corpse camped massively.

But as soon as the dust settled I'd do it again!

Evalina
08-22-2010, 01:46 AM

Soo ahh I was on Rathe too..you were in Bots..did you ever meet a player named Kainzo?

fuji
08-23-2010, 10:12 AM
Soo ahh I was on Rathe too..you were in Bots..did you ever meet a player named Kainzo?

Kainzo? Didnt you steal a Cobalt BP?

fuji
08-25-2010, 03:08 PM
A lot of these seem to be PvP mishaps. Are PvP people more evil?

Bubbles
08-25-2010, 05:11 PM

PvP people have a *lot* more options to make this thread interesting than bluebies.

Tallenn
08-25-2010, 06:35 PM
Not sure if it's the worst, but I remember one time doing fire giants in two groups, I went to refresh pack choloropast, and accidentally hit the wrong purple spell. The other group was a little surprised when half of us were wisked away to lavastorm just as we engaged Warlord Skarlon.

cured
08-25-2010, 07:44 PM
Sometime during Kunark-era my mage buddy figured out how to make his pet go NPC during duel. Something involving dispell as I recall. And when this was done, the pet wasn't just NPC, it was aggro also.

One friday the mage and I and a couple of other friends decided to spice things up in the EC tunnel, which was packed. We fired one of these things off right smack in the middle of the tunnel between shady and the entrance. And logged the hell out....I think it even killed the mage first. LOL

Came back 5 mins later to witness the mayhem. Complete carnage. I mean literally the entire tunnel was cleared out. LOL And the spam in open channels was priceless.

We had a good laugh, but felt so bad that we all called our guilds in to come help whack these pets and help with rezzes, etc. Without admitting to anything of course. We just came to "help." :P

Pumice Stones would do that. Kinda ticked me off, being on a PvP server. Couldn't use em without losing control of my pet.

Reading this thread, I wonder why so many are against PvP. People causing trains got handled on Tallon Zek and got put on a KoS list by just about everyone. We policed that shit really well.

cured
08-25-2010, 07:49 PM

I don't see how a lot of these are PvP mishaps. I'm reading a lot of "I scammed this person out of ____" or "I caused trains/made people unable to kill certain mobs" or "I left people for dead in ____ zone".

Overcast
08-25-2010, 08:14 PM
Pumice Stones would do that. Kinda ticked me off, being on a PvP server. Couldn't use em without losing control of my pet.

Reading this thread, I wonder why so many are against PvP. People causing trains got handled on Tallon Zek and got put on a KoS list by just about everyone. We policed that shit really well.

Vallon was like that too. TBH at first I didn't care for the PvP, but after a while I did.

I think the 'against PvP' attitude in general comes from the attitude of *some* PvP'ers who do their worst to rub it in. That or arrogant griefing, etc.

Of course - those that don't like it - try sometime on some MMO with an open mind. You don't have to be a jerk to do well in PvP. And there's nothing... better... than rubbing some prick's face into the ground, or watching a group or two do it, lol.

fuji
08-26-2010, 01:31 PM

Cured were you a GM back in the day?

cured
08-26-2010, 01:48 PM
No...it's just the community was pretty tight knit. If a player from one side started pulling lame tactics, there'd be a post on the server forums about it, there'd be guild chat about it, and in a lot of cases these players were ostracized. They'd lose their guild membership, hell the burn notice they got would mean nobody would have a problem if a wronged party (or their guild) corpse camped them for a few hours. Players really enjoyed their freedom in the game and if they wanted to keep it, they had to not act up. That isn't to say it never happened but the people who pulled lame shit regularly got their playing freedom taken away from them. Ever had an enemy start trains on you then laugh in /ooc or /shout about it and later on you found their bind spot? Yeah, some of life's little pleasures in the game weren't spent killing NPCs.

Aetherial
08-26-2010, 03:06 PM
I looted a SBH one day from that orc in Highpass (oh man I need to hunt there again!). I lied about it to the group I was in and gave it to a guildie.

That was the only bad thing I did.

I mean I trained griffons on people and stuff, but only when they started it :)

fuji
08-27-2010, 01:36 PM
I looted a SBH one day from that orc in Highpass (oh man I need to hunt there again!). I lied about it to the group I was in and gave it to a guildie.

That was the only bad thing I did.

I mean I trained griffons on people and stuff, but only when they started it :)

16/48 ftw.

Messianic
08-27-2010, 02:13 PM
16/48 ftw.

To a server where 90 percent of the population is below 30, that was a nice friggin weapon =)

Kainzo
08-27-2010, 04:42 PM
Kainzo? Didnt you steal a Cobalt BP?

Why would a paladin have a need for a warrior breast plate?

I've done several things that could be stated as gray or bad but ninja looting wasn't one of them.

I remember training Visionaries of Fire setting up at TOV entrance with Sontalak (hi who sets up at the zone in to TOV with sont up?)

Among numerous things, I can't even begin to remember what was the worst.

The one that comes to mind is using my Arx Portal Key to Seru's Sanctum and porting an entire group at the bank into Seru's palace (theres no escape except porting and death) and unless you're a caster, during SoL you more than likely didn't have a gate potion or exit. The mobs were instantly kos to everyone and quad'd for a lot.

I won't bring out many more skeletons in my backyard.

Slade_the_Slide
08-29-2010, 05:42 PM
Wow, you guys have done stuff that makes me feel like a saint. I think the worst I've done is I'd be in a newbie zone of some sort (I was a warrior on live) and be standing somewhere and they come running to me with a train of newb mobs yelling for help. I'd just watch them get pummeled to death. After an angry tell I'd respond with "???"

Or, I'd happen upon some people exploiting something and they'd let me in on how to do it. I'd play along with them (but not engage in the activity) and report it. I felt like a rat for doing it, but hey it helped the game overall I think :\

fuji
08-30-2010, 01:32 PM
Why would a paladin have a need for a warrior breast plate?

I've done several things that could be stated as gray or bad but ninja looting wasn't one of them.

I remember training Visionaries of Fire setting up at TOV entrance with Sontalak (hi who sets up at the zone in to TOV with sont up?)

Among numerous things, I can't even begin to remember what was the worst.

The one that comes to mind is using my Arx Portal Key to Seru's Sanctum and porting an entire group at the bank into Seru's palace (theres no escape except porting and death) and unless you're a caster, during SoL you more than likely didn't have a gate potion or exit. The mobs were instantly kos to everyone and quad'd for a lot.

I won't bring out many more skeletons in my backyard.

Haha ok, I didnt think so. I think i got you confused with someone else sorry. Speaking of ToV, when I wasnt KoS I would go around giving cloth items to the dragons and watching the groups there announce it when it dropped, then it being followed with something like, "thats not cool, our casters need this stuff"

y2sky2003
08-30-2010, 03:39 PM
Helping my friend train the entire Paludal Caverns zone on his duel opponent. Took us hours to kill the bastard, but hey, he was stealing our pulls =/

Rasterburn
08-30-2010, 04:22 PM
Oye... I dunno where to begin.

The very worst thing..? Well, I'm new to P99... so it would have to be something that I did years and years ago on "live." Hmmm...

Well, I can think of a couple of things... both of which were pretty nasty. And all of us who were involved feel terribly ashamed of it, too. No really... we do... :rolleyes:

Okay, the first one that I remember was already mentioned in a different thread. Me (necro at the time), a chanter, a druid and a cleric were hanging out in EC... selling stuff and being bored. All of us were high level players from our guild. Eventually, we see a shout from one of the lowbies, screaming about the EC griffon and how he was messing up their orc camp, or some such. Typical EC chatter.

So one of us... I forget who, it might even have been me... got the bright idea to charm the griff, give it a bunch of uber buffs (SoW, cleric HP buff, chanter STR and haste buffs) and then set it loose again. About 20 minutes later, the damned thing had slaughtered just about every living thing in the zone... lowbies included. Or at least, all of the lowbies who couldn't run away fast enough. And actually, nobody could run away fast enough because of the SoW buff on the griff. That was pretty bad.

Another time, pretty much the same group (we were the shameless jerks in our guild -- I freely admit it) came up with a great way to grief a rival guild. I forget which zone this took place in... but it was one of the old world dungeons. Or maybe it was in CT... I really can't remember. Anyway, here is what we did: we had a bard with us that day and he took all of his gear and stashed it in the bank. Then we dueled him at one end of the dungeon, until he was dead. We had him bound right nearby, if I remember correctly.

Then, the bard re-entered the dungeon naked and pulled a HUGE train on purpose. Once he had a nice fat pack of nasty mobs chasing him, he ran all of them over to the rival guild's camp.

Meanwhile, we had our cleric standing next to his corpse... the one that was still lying there from the duel that he had earlier, when we were setting this up.

As soon as the bard was getting close to the rival camp... with that GINORMOUS train hot on his heels, he sent us a tell saying "NOW!" and the cleric rezzed his corpse, back at the other end of the dungeon. And when he actually reached the rival camp, the bard clicked on the "Accept" button.

Result: the bard disappears from the rival camp, leaving about two dozen pissed off mobs sitting right on top of the rival guild. Mayhem then commenced and the bard never got touched.

We were evil back then. But we totally hated those guys, for cock blocking us on a raid a week before. :eek:

Thatguy05
08-31-2010, 10:43 AM
Well i cant count this as the worse thing ive done, because my character greatly benefited from it but. It all started out back when DoD came out ( Depth of Darkhallows ). They had an instanced group version zone of the Hive, with the end mob being tough queen spider who spawned eggs that would eventually hatch into little hatchlings when not killed in a certain amount of time. So we figured out one day playing around that, when we left the queen spider up with the main tank tanking it, the eggs would still respawn.. And if u killed them before they hatch ( they had maybe 1000 hp tops which isnt much that far into the game mind you ) it would result in some major experience, and after the first wave of eggs ( around 10 spawns total ) they just kept repoping as long as the queen was up till we had about 1000 or so eggs stacked up ontop of eachother which then we could kill the named, we stayed there a few hours, i gained 7 lvls to get 75 and about 1300 aa's in a few times doing this till they nerfed it.. But they didnt nerf my 30 day old character $$$

HippoNipple
08-31-2010, 10:53 AM
Oye... I dunno where to begin.

The very worst thing..? Well, I'm new to P99... so it would have to be something that I did years and years ago on "live." Hmmm...

Well, I can think of a couple of things... both of which were pretty nasty. And all of us who were involved feel terribly ashamed of it, too. No really... we do... :rolleyes:

Okay, the first one that I remember was already mentioned in a different thread. Me (necro at the time), a chanter, a druid and a cleric were hanging out in EC... selling stuff and being bored. All of us were high level players from our guild. Eventually, we see a shout from one of the lowbies, screaming about the EC griffon and how he was messing up their orc camp, or some such. Typical EC chatter.

So one of us... I forget who, it might even have been me... got the bright idea to charm the griff, give it a bunch of uber buffs (SoW, cleric HP buff, chanter STR and haste buffs) and then set it loose again. About 20 minutes later, the damned thing had slaughtered just about every living thing in the zone... lowbies included. Or at least, all of the lowbies who couldn't run away fast enough. And actually, nobody could run away fast enough because of the SoW buff on the griff. That was pretty bad.

Another time, pretty much the same group (we were the shameless jerks in our guild -- I freely admit it) came up with a great way to grief a rival guild. I forget which zone this took place in... but it was one of the old world dungeons. Or maybe it was in CT... I really can't remember. Anyway, here is what we did: we had a bard with us that day and he took all of his gear and stashed it in the bank. Then we dueled him at one end of the dungeon, until he was dead. We had him bound right nearby, if I remember correctly.

Then, the bard re-entered the dungeon naked and pulled a HUGE train on purpose. Once he had a nice fat pack of nasty mobs chasing him, he ran all of them over to the rival guild's camp.

Meanwhile, we had our cleric standing next to his corpse... the one that was still lying there from the duel that he had earlier, when we were setting this up.

As soon as the bard was getting close to the rival camp... with that GINORMOUS train hot on his heels, he sent us a tell saying "NOW!" and the cleric rezzed his corpse, back at the other end of the dungeon. And when he actually reached the rival camp, the bard clicked on the "Accept" button.

Result: the bard disappears from the rival camp, leaving about two dozen pissed off mobs sitting right on top of the rival guild. Mayhem then commenced and the bard never got touched.

We were evil back then. But we totally hated those guys, for cock blocking us on a raid a week before. :eek:

I thought when you dueled they stopped you from dieing at 1 hp? Maybe I'm wrong on rallos/tallon we didn't do much dueling.

mark1178
08-31-2010, 10:56 AM
I played on Vallon Zek which was awesome. Lighties vs Darkies, The Prophets to be the first guild to crossteam, Infectus (guild I was in) the last guild to stay as a non-xteaming guild. But anyway, when LDoN came out, and the rest of the expansions they merged the PVP servers. Which killed it for me because my guild went crossteam (hate them bards). So I got bored and searched for ways to entertain myself.

1. Smacking bards in our guild for no reason whatsoever.
2. Being even 10 times more racist (EQ wise) in game.
3. Finding ways to piss off bards.

These were just but a few.

But I think my crowning achievement was when I played my rogue Vasai or my Necro Vortacien in LDoN where it was a mix of races. We'd battle through the instance and kick some serious butt! And right as we're a mob or two away from the end, I would kill our healer, and yell out "FOR THE DARKIES!!!"

Yes, after a week of doing that to almost any group I was with I couldn't play those toons. But, I was found out eventually as one of the players apparently knew my main character and I'd spout off drunkenly about what Ive done in my guild, guess he didnt like me. So I was KOS for about 3 months. Me and PoK really got to know each other.

Good times.

Worst thing Ive ever done?
Or most genius thing Ive ever done.

For the darkies...

HippoNipple
08-31-2010, 11:07 AM
I played on Vallon Zek which was awesome. Lighties vs Darkies, The Prophets to be the first guild to crossteam, Infectus (guild I was in) the last guild to stay as a non-xteaming guild. But anyway, when LDoN came out, and the rest of the expansions they merged the PVP servers. Which killed it for me because my guild went crossteam (hate them bards). So I got bored and searched for ways to entertain myself.

1. Smacking bards in our guild for no reason whatsoever.
2. Being even 10 times more racist (EQ wise) in game.
3. Finding ways to piss off bards.

These were just but a few.

But I think my crowning achievement was when I played my rogue Vasai or my Necro Vortacien in LDoN where it was a mix of races. We'd battle through the instance and kick some serious butt! And right as we're a mob or two away from the end, I would kill our healer, and yell out "FOR THE DARKIES!!!"

Yes, after a week of doing that to almost any group I was with I couldn't play those toons. But, I was found out eventually as one of the players apparently knew my main character and I'd spout off drunkenly about what Ive done in my guild, guess he didnt like me. So I was KOS for about 3 months. Me and PoK really got to know each other.

Good times.

Worst thing Ive ever done?
Or most genius thing Ive ever done.

For the darkies...

I played on Tallon which was also a race war... I think me playing on that server for so long is still the reason I hate rangers/bards/druids... because the darkies couldn't have them and they always pissed me off. I have never made one of those classes and never will.

Blancah
08-31-2010, 11:08 AM
When people would beg for plat (or gold in wow) I would put like 100 in trade and afk. I think it was deserved for the most part after they had spammed channels for 10 minutes.

Also on Drinal (after Tarew Marr merge) I was in PoHate with a few RL friends goofing off and going to kill zone for fun. I played a monk. Some guild decided we were killing too many of their mobs and steamrolled us/trained us and ended up wiping all of my friends. No idea why they took PoHate so seriously after about 10+ expansions. I ended up training about 20 mobs on them and countinued to train anyone with the guild tag until I quit live the second time.

mark1178
08-31-2010, 03:57 PM
OH one thing I LOVED (and probably still love).

I was the most trusted player ever, no matter what I do to embarass you I would never ninja or keep all the money so I was the master looter all the time during raids and or groups.

SO, after a nights/days/mornings worth of drinking my group heads down for some LDoN fun. I'm the master looter, so after the instance and god knows how much plat, we go to PoK and head to the bank to cash out. I did just that to be fair, everyone got their share...but no one could move...because it was funny to me to split all the cash earnings of running an instance all day long into copper.

yes that was the end of my ML'ing days.

LFG...

Ocaevia
08-31-2010, 04:12 PM
One night a bunch of our guildies went into PoK and made everyone frogs. We all stood on top of the PoTranq zone and no one could click the stone. Eventually so many people petitioned that a GM came and shrunk us all very very tiny.

We used to shout for free RZTW Flags and get invites to raid. Our mage would summon them to the farthest corner in the water and then drop them from raid. Cruel cruel.

Tokum-6n0m3
08-31-2010, 04:33 PM
I was RL friends with Resitance...................only a few will know why this was bad lol.......

Hotty for life~

cured
08-31-2010, 04:38 PM

That was pretty epic, actually.

fuji
09-04-2010, 03:01 PM
I was RL friends with Resitance...................only a few will know why this was bad lol.......

Hotty for life~

Please explain.

contemptor
09-04-2010, 10:36 PM
I don't remember most of them because it was so far away. Most of them involved training/ninja looting when people stole my camp or did something to make me mad. Or so I could steal their mob :o I once trained almost the entire zone of blackburrow because I was bored one day. I definitely have ported people quite the distance away and left them there. Intentionally let my group wipe while I DAed, egressed, or just didnt attack and invised (depending which character I was on), so I could get the named loot myself.

Most this was in my earlier days of playing before I got in a good guild...

Auvdar
09-05-2010, 12:08 AM
Port begging newbie Warriors on a CR to Toxx. I do this daily ;)

Heavydrop
09-05-2010, 12:39 AM
I played on Rallos Zek, but I was one of the "nice guys"

I got tired of the low level "PKs" in Gfay so I made a High Elf Mage named Ithamar
leveled him 10 and used him with for the express purpose of repeatedly killing those
whom I would observe attacking people for no reason. I viewed myself as a defender
of the forest and I had a lot of people tell me "Thank you" for helping them out.

As my druid (Scyros) I would shout out in Elvish that I was giving free buffs to Elvish
people. I'd get people saying in OOC "I can't understand you, use common" but I'd ignore
them.
I'd do things like cast tree form and sit in the newbie yard and tell newbs that if they brought me some junk item I'd reward them with buffs. I think some thought I was a GM or an NPC or something and it was fun to be thanked.

Looking back at some of the things people did on Rallos Zek I am sure I was the victim a couple of times. Especially the sitting on top of the bank in Gfay and nuking people through its roof. I lost a Runed Mithril Bracer that way.
After that I made it a point to bank and port naked.

I buffed lots of people, gave lots of ports, and did the occasional power leveling for people.
I later gave away my account to an ingame friend (giving up EQ in the process) and joined the US Army.
Three years ago I got the itch to play again and bought a new account which I quit again in January.
Now I'm hooked again in P99

fuji
09-07-2010, 03:27 PM
I played on Rallos Zek, but I was one of the "nice guys"

I got tired of the low level "PKs" in Gfay so I made a High Elf Mage named Ithamar
leveled him 10 and used him with for the express purpose of repeatedly killing those
whom I would observe attacking people for no reason. I viewed myself as a defender
of the forest and I had a lot of people tell me "Thank you" for helping them out.

As my druid (Scyros) I would shout out in Elvish that I was giving free buffs to Elvish
people. I'd get people saying in OOC "I can't understand you, use common" but I'd ignore
them.
I'd do things like cast tree form and sit in the newbie yard and tell newbs that if they brought me some junk item I'd reward them with buffs. I think some thought I was a GM or an NPC or something and it was fun to be thanked.

Looking back at some of the things people did on Rallos Zek I am sure I was the victim a couple of times. Especially the sitting on top of the bank in Gfay and nuking people through its roof. I lost a Runed Mithril Bracer that way.
After that I made it a point to bank and port naked.

I buffed lots of people, gave lots of ports, and did the occasional power leveling for people.
I later gave away my account to an ingame friend (giving up EQ in the process) and joined the US Army.
Three years ago I got the itch to play again and bought a new account which I quit again in January.
Now I'm hooked again in P99

Wow, how come you quit live again?

Regnon
09-07-2010, 03:48 PM
Dumbest thing i did , but it was un intentional. Was attempting to hit group heal, and hitting group evac in the towers atop bastion of thunder when we were on the last boss.

Resitance
09-08-2010, 08:54 PM
Prekunark, I made a lvl 1 halfling rog, ran him to solb..... Proceeded to get a working hide/sneak up and snuck down to naggy.... MASSIVELY clicked until i get on the loots. Ninjad the druid 2h staff and /q while looting so i poofed when naggy poofed! BAM!

Oh ya... and the trains tooo. What else can a warrior do?

Tokum-6n0m3
09-08-2010, 09:07 PM
Prekunark, I made a lvl 1 halfling rog, ran him to solb..... Proceeded to get a working hide/sneak up and snuck down to naggy.... MASSIVELY clicked until i get on the loots. Ninjad the druid 2h staff and /q while looting so i poofed when naggy poofed! BAM!

ROFLMAO I remember this, I also remember some poor druid got accused of it and blacklisted on Emarr cause of it......LOL

fuji
09-16-2010, 02:03 PM

Didnt someone petition to get the staff back?

realpoor
09-16-2010, 03:50 PM
I've got two things I did on live that was pretty shitty...

1 - I would take a level 1 to EC and walk around torch 2 where most people back on my server would sell bags of stuff (they would just OOC "selling bag of stuff at T2"). I would ask them what helm bp and weapon they were using, if they said what it was I would ask to see them in trade...once they put the three items in trade I would ask to see their bags of stuff. Once they put the bag (or bags) in the trade I would wait a few seconds then close the trade. The items would go into the general slots of the person selling and the bags would have no place to go, so they would drop on the floor, where I was watching, and waiting. I would then spend the next 30 minutes to an hour running around trying to help find "that fucking gnome" that walked by just as I cancelled the trade.

2 - I would also make a lvl 1 in Qeynos and have a buddy sitting in the tunnel wanting to sell some item for 3x its worth. Well I would randomly tell someone in EC that was lvl capped that I was looking for said item and was willing to pay 6x what it was worth, but I gotta run to there first. They would end up buying the item from my friend for 3x the worth thinking they can profit. Then once my friend sold it to them he would just camp. (worked best with an item that noone else had like the soulreaver)

fuji
09-16-2010, 03:56 PM
I've got two things I did on live that was pretty shitty...

1 - I would take a level 1 to EC and walk around torch 2 where most people back on my server would sell bags of stuff (they would just OOC "selling bag of stuff at T2"). I would ask them what helm bp and weapon they were using, if they said what it was I would ask to see them in trade...once they put the three items in trade I would ask to see their bags of stuff. Once they put the bag (or bags) in the trade I would wait a few seconds then close the trade. The items would go into the general slots of the person selling and the bags would have no place to go, so they would drop on the floor, where I was watching, and waiting. I would then spend the next 30 minutes to an hour running around trying to help find "that fucking gnome" that walked by just as I cancelled the trade.

2 - I would also make a lvl 1 in Qeynos and have a buddy sitting in the tunnel wanting to sell some item for 3x its worth. Well I would randomly tell someone in EC that was lvl capped that I was looking for said item and was willing to pay 6x what it was worth, but I gotta run to there first. They would end up buying the item from my friend for 3x the worth thinking they can profit. Then once my friend sold it to them he would just camp. (worked best with an item that noone else had like the soulreaver)

Wouldn't both of those work on p99?

Harrison
09-16-2010, 03:58 PM
ITT: People who are pieces of shit.

Teseer
09-16-2010, 04:29 PM
I bound myself in what I thought was an empty hut in the LOIO. Turns out it had a red-con goblin in it.

Died a few days later. Then died a whole lot more until someone ran by who heard my screams of help.

realpoor
09-16-2010, 06:54 PM
Wouldn't both of those work on p99?

I guess so...lemme go make a lvl 1 and see...

Davionx
09-16-2010, 07:13 PM
Bertox 10ish yrs ago.

Unintentionally lost my corpse in PoFear, went from lvl 50 > 48 or 47 had 30ish corpses in the zone and lagged out another guild that was trying to break the zone due to all my corpses.

Feather
09-17-2010, 12:14 AM
yeah. I told some annoying begging newbie to /d for donation.

Brut
09-17-2010, 02:21 AM
Doing Soulfire as SK in order to spite the paladins.

http://i48.tinypic.com/2cpbzf8.png

Dach
09-20-2010, 10:11 AM
Back in EQ Lives infancy on Karana server I was feeling a bit mischievious and had my Shaman buddy SoW me and I stuck an arrow into an Ice Giant and trained it to the tunnel to Halas and zoned just before it got me.

The Ice Giant did not return to its spawn point but instead loosed from its moorings it terrorized the entire zone for the rest of the day and possibly into the next until a GM finally logged on and fixed it.

Killed a lot noobs that day.....

=====================================

My buddies POS cousin was suspended for hanging out in the EC tunnel invis where he would stand between traders and intercept either the item or the plat and then quick log out.

Same POS was banned for stealing all our stuff and 10 years later is still KOS with me lol.

Lumathix
09-22-2010, 11:21 AM
wow buncha dickheads in this thread.

beeshma_nameless
09-22-2010, 11:51 AM
Once in South Karana, I jokingly said in ooc that /ex shows you how much more exp you need to get to next level.

There were 60+ linkdead people the next minute - and a GM came and gave me a warning.

I know, I know, pretty weaksauce compared to all the stuff here, but that is the worst think I had done in EQ I think heh

Blackmeth
09-23-2010, 09:30 PM
I shouted out in ECommon one day that /q was how you posted a question once.. think that was the quietest EC got for about 30 min. but damn my IM's lite up!!

my earlyest dumb move was .. i just started playing my Dark elf Necro from a Wood elf ranger.. i met up with one of my buddies that started a bard and was leveling in crush bone .. we desided to do the crush bone belt quest.. got full on lets and ran to the turn in .. i was invis but it droped ..

another time i forgot i was my necro and ran into free port for the boat.. that was a hard corps run lol

Lagaidh
09-24-2010, 11:36 AM
Once in South Karana, I jokingly said in ooc that /ex shows you how much more exp you need to get to next level.

There were 60+ linkdead people the next minute - and a GM came and gave me a warning.

I know, I know, pretty weaksauce compared to all the stuff here, but that is the worst think I had done in EQ I think heh

Once my buddy did this to me on Live... I'd trot it out in /ooc every now and then.

BTW... people are falling for it on p99 /blush

Tuggo
09-25-2010, 12:28 AM
When I first started on RZ it was a work in progress. There was a patch that changed looting. Originally you could loot everything from a players corpse, and then they patched it to just all coin and 1 item. There was an uproar as you could imagine, as the players with gear vs evryoneelsewhowasnekkid could attest to at the time. As well the /consent feature which allowed you to loot everything on someones corpse with their permission was changed. Thirdly you could dispel anyone at anytime, which was also patched out.

After the full loot patch the blue population was aloof as you could imagine. Myself and a few others were camping the Gfay portal, and after a while folks got wise to it and didn't even come into the zone. There were a bunch of lower level folks out of pvp range of us who decided to gather round the Gfay spires and lament us with their colorful language of just how bad us PKers were. I levitated a few of them and then ran up to the top of a spire and floated off. I said "Wheee bungee jumping is fun!!! Free levs to anyone who wants to try it!".

I cast levitation on all the foul mouth lowbies around (I forget what level I was), and let them try "bungee jumping". It was a hit and they all loved it. I then cast dispel magic on the first foul mouth when he was about 1/4 of the way down from the top of the spire. I remember seeing the erudite swim animation right before he went SPLAT right next to me. His silver tongued friend got the same treatment right next to him. I received a tell about how bad a person I was, and after apologizing to both of them they /consent me to loot their corpses as they were bound in Freeport. I kept the loot. I got suspended for 2 weeks for that one, AND the loot was removed from my inventory. During my absence there was a patch to all servers to disallow dispel on anyone, AND the /consent features were forever patched as well.

Sorry for the length...I'll just post one more.

When I was a lowbie dRood of about 14 I went to the Field of Bone and killed everything that moved. If it moved it was an Iksar; if it didn't move it was a well disciplined Iksar. I proceeded to level and kill there until I was a level 19 dRood. One nite whilst drinking Heinekin and Jose Cuervo I went on a killing spree like no other. The smack talk in zone was grandiose, and the lizards were afraid to even leave the guards. I killed so many folks that nite that it boggled even my mind. In my drunken stupor I had the lizards I killed announce in /o "Halflings are Great! All HAIL Rivervale!" if they wanted their loot back that I took. If they did say it I returned whatever it was I looted to them. After about 5 hours of this (srsly) a GM appeared in zone and told me to "Cease and Desist". I replied that I was only "role playing" a pissed off halfling. That didn't actually fly too well as I continued to kill and shout in zone. I was suspended for 2 weeks for "disrupting a zone", and refusing a GM order. I dunno how I wasn't banned as it was my second suspension ever.

I continued to kill and maim folks on the RZ server until....ehh a long time ago?

Sorry for the wall of text...I feel better now.

Tuggo Cruelblood

edit: I speel good

LingXioayu
09-25-2010, 07:47 AM
On Live I memorized all the game pathing exploits and used them a lot. witch also work on this server as well! to Kill monsters 5 lvls higher then me.

Uthgaard
09-25-2010, 04:24 PM
On Live I memorized all the game pathing exploits and used them a lot. witch also work on this server as well! to Kill monsters 5 lvls higher then me.

Until I make my rounds through all of the spots while you're doing them.

The xp isn't very good at server select folks.

Ohiodevil
09-25-2010, 08:18 PM
Probable the stupidest thing I did was when I was in my 20's we were camping the Splitpaw spires and Quillimane came trodding by so we killed him and I passed on the cloak! I never saw that damn horse again or finished my Mage's Epic.

liveitup1216
09-26-2010, 12:32 AM
around prior to PoP i was in the bazaar and people were ooc'ing text drawings, so of course i chimed in with 8====D~~ and received a perma ban within 15 minutes.

they made me call and apologize/argue for the ban to get lifted after about 3 weeks. womp.

Lazortag
09-26-2010, 12:37 AM
around prior to PoP i was in the bazaar and people were ooc'ing text drawings, so of course i chimed in with 8====D~~ and received a perma ban within 15 minutes.

they made me call and apologize/argue for the ban to get lifted after about 3 weeks. womp.

Seriously? That got you banned? Wow.

liveitup1216
09-26-2010, 01:46 AM
Seriously? That got you banned? Wow.

I thought it was a suspension. When I emailed asking how long, I got a reply saying it was indefinite and to call CS for further details. I was around 15-16 at the time and the guy was so annoyed. He spelled out what I typed character by character and asked why I thought it was funny. After promising not to be a little prick anymore, my account was unbanned within the hour. The best part was, if I'm recalling this more clearly, I think someone else had typed it in ooc before me, and I just added something like (your face here) on the end of it.

Never even saw anybody go lolpetitioned. :(

Elian
09-26-2010, 10:44 AM
Way back on live my toon was maybe lv 9ish and was in Befallen for the first time. There was a lv 23 druid camping Gynok and had been there for 6+ hours from what I remember.

Gynok finally popped and I watch the entire fight ...was very very close it finally came down to a rooted Gynok at 23%, a oom druid at 15%, and me a lv 9 mag. The druid was root rotting and said he was oom and hoped the root stuck while the dot finished it off. As soon as he said oom I had already started spamming my dd ....dd broke root, druid died, and dot finished off gynok.....I had managed to land at least 1 nuke and got lv 25 mob xp and a platinum ring. Never heard from him again after that day....I would have given him the ring but he logged when he died...probably rage quit.

I was a pure newb and cannot be help accountable

Stanlei
09-27-2010, 07:55 AM
On one of the first public weddings on RZ a couple friends and I stormed the wedding party, I got the killshot on the bride-to-be and looted the plat fire wedding ring she was wearing. GM's punted us to a different zone but I got to keep the ring. Screenshotted it and had many a LoL session at their expense.
However I find that this is one of the BEST things I've done.
Worst thing, Roll a cleric as your main and join a top end raiding guild...never again.

fuji
09-27-2010, 02:01 PM
Has something like this ever happened in EQ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHJVolaC8pw

Tenurn
09-27-2010, 04:45 PM
Has something like this ever happened in EQ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHJVolaC8pw

http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/9ctlh/the_other_wow_post_inspired_me_i_was_in_the_wow/

ryuut1
09-27-2010, 04:50 PM
on live, my enchanter friend and i(i played a paladin) promised to PL a guy who'd been playing maybe a week. we talked him into the FP arena saying there were mobs in it, and bound him smack in the center. when he popped up, root/pvp.

root/pvp.

for a long time, until /q.

LingXioayu
09-29-2010, 09:51 AM
As a computer Tech and hardware dewd! I have access to a lot of computer resources, Lately Ive been using some of them to play Eq at work. Unfortunalty Eq1999 only allows 1 account login per Ip number. How ever what if one was to chang his or her ip number? Can that be done? Sure, I have vpn's setup at my house work, Plus I also run multiple cable modems for multiwan because my bandwith needs are very large. Worst thing ive done on Eq1999 is triple box using vpn's to change my ip numbers on different pcs. :eek:

azeth
09-29-2010, 09:54 AM
As a computer Tech and hardware dewd! I have access to a lot of computer resources, Lately Ive been using some of them to play Eq at work. Unfortunalty Eq1999 only allows 1 account login per Ip number. How ever what if one was to chang his or her ip number? Can that be done? Sure, I have vpn's setup at my house work, Plus I also run multiple cable modems for multiwan because my bandwith needs are very large. Worst thing ive done on Eq1999 is triple box using vpn's to change my ip numbers on different pcs. :eek:

are you coming clean about boxing right now?

LingXioayu
09-29-2010, 10:04 AM
rofl Na I only did it 1 time to see if it works, Me and My friend Nvjc and Alex usally use it for lanning eq and drinking a ton of beer together on the weekends. :D But in theory I could tri box all the time. In theory, How ever im not that good with a single char let alone trying to run 3. :D

Messianic
09-29-2010, 10:39 AM
Back on SZ I used to hang in Gfay and /ooc FREE FBSS TO THE FIRST PERSON WHO SENDS ME A TELL. I'd then tell all the responses they won, and to meet me in the same spot, and that i'd be there in a few minutes. Was always fun to run up and see 8-15 people waiting for me in a goofy part of the zone.

LOL

Omnimorph
09-29-2010, 11:47 AM
Well fact is if you're truly wanting to box it's not that hard to get around the single ip account limit. But as with most things, you'll probably get caught eventually and get banned. So it's your risk to take.

amishriot
09-30-2010, 07:55 AM
I did quite a few things on live that were pretty bad. I'll only list the stuff from classic that I can remember....

I used to abuse the druid circles. Being on Rallos Zek, I ported quite a few geared players into a full group of people ready to gank them as soon as they arrived. I also used to offer free ports to evil races, and dump them in North Karana to deal with the druids and treants.

On my wizard, I liked to port melees to Cazic-Thule instead of their requested destination, and yes I took their platinum for the port.

Earlier on, on my enchanter, I really enjoyed charming players and sending them into the Freeport Militia building. I also liked to charm player pets in the middle of a fight, which would poof their pet and leave them to die. I also liked to fear players running the Kithicor wall at night.

Greater Faydark was the auction zone on Rallos Zek, and I often kept the banker dead. I also liked to load newbies up with thousands of copper and watch them move super slow to the Kelethin lifts, then take massive falling damage when the lift took them up.

I had my faction maxed out in Kelethin, and Rivervale on my erudite enchanter and I used to tash players from the bank roof on Kelethin, then hide by a guard, have the player attack me and make them take an exp death for attacking me. Same with standing at the wall in Misty Thicket, waiting for someone to run by, run out and nuke them, then come back to the guards again.

I "helped" a troll warrior in Misty Thicket by giving him an invis, told him I'd go with him to make sure he made it through Rivervale. I finished zoning over before him, waited by the Fools Gold, and casted Bind Affinity. He made it out without problem though. At the time I was pretty bummed, but I'm sure I would have had a guilty conscience over a death loop (maybe.)

I KSed quite a few ancient cyclops in both SRO and OOT. In fact, on my druid, I went off and did the jboots quest, came back hours later to SRO to find the same Knights Errant guy camping the AC, and I ran around in circles chain clicking my jboots in front of him.

I liked to go to Permafrost and check all of the camps, and kill players knowing they were probably bound a decent distance away. It gave me time to look over their gear, and make non-hasty decisions over what I wanted from their corpse.

"Helped" a lost dwarf warrior in West Karana, told him to auto-follow me. We took a run through Chief Goonda, and I casted Spirit of Cheetah, ran off and gated.

Some half-ling druid was about to ragequit, and was talking to me in game about it. And he got all bummed out, and consented me and told me to go take his crap, that he's through with the game. So I went and emptied all of my bags into the bank, and retrieved his corpse. He had a Molten Cloak, some Runed Mithril Bracers, a Chrysoberyl Talisman, and a Sharkbone Hammer. He came back the following morning, begging me to give his stuff back. It went from begging, to threatening me; I petitioned, and reported him for physical threats and got him banned over it.

I think that's about it, might have missed a few things. I've behaved since mid-Velious :p

This is just shameful. Getting pleasure from another persons grief is really disgusting. You are a POS.

Omnimorph
09-30-2010, 08:23 AM
This is just shameful. Getting pleasure from another persons grief is really disgusting. You are a POS.

True, but now you see the sort of person who plays on a pvp server. Quite glad I steered clear of the pvp servers :). I did have a little go on rallos though, was novel for a while.

splitshine
09-30-2010, 08:24 AM

I'm fairly sure this isn't the "Take the moral high ground thread"...

fuji
09-30-2010, 01:04 PM
I'm fairly sure this isn't the "Take the moral high ground thread"...

I feel it is a bit like AA. We talk a little about ourselves then talk about our bad habits and how we were stupid back then.

Excision Rottun
09-30-2010, 05:51 PM
Swarm Kiting on my bard in Plane of Nightmare.

Soloing the entire Ravenous Nightstalker camp.

Druid tries to pick off one of my mobs via charm or dot.

Fade Memories. Everytime. Druid dies then procedes to bitch while I laugh and continue with the phat xp'z.

Also, during my last stint on Live doing the Experience Potion quest that happens once a year, I would simply slaughter all the mobs that drop a given piece in a zone with no regard for other players. Most of them would bitch something along the lines of "Just because you're in the top raid guild and have uber gear doesn't give you a right to farm everything and not let anyone else have any."

Response: "Oh really? Well considering i can run faster, engage faster, and kill the mobs before you can even get close to them...yes it does, scrub." "P.S. I will be selling XP potions in the bazaar next week, look me up."

Slade_the_Slide
09-30-2010, 07:40 PM

Fade Memories. Everytime. Druid dies then procedes to bitch while I laugh and continue with the phat xp'z.

Also, during my last stint on Live doing the Experience Potion quest that happens once a year, I would simply slaughter all the mobs that drop a given piece in a zone with no regard for other players. Most of them would bitch something along the lines of "Just because you're in the top raid guild and have uber gear doesn't give you a right to farm everything and not let anyone else have any."

Response: "Oh really? Well considering i can run faster, engage faster, and kill the mobs before you can even get close to them...yes it does, scrub." "P.S. I will be selling XP potions in the bazaar next week, look me up."

Wow, that is kinda dickish. If it were for any other item, I'd say I agree with you, but these dudes were just trying to have some fun and quest an exp potion lol.

Excision Rottun
10-01-2010, 12:44 PM
Wow, that is kinda dickish. If it were for any other item, I'd say I agree with you, but these dudes were just trying to have some fun and quest an exp potion lol.

http://jokerreport.typepad.com/.a/6a00e393366a1a88340134869291d6970c-500wi

Slade_the_Slide
10-01-2010, 01:16 PM
I fart in your general direction

fuji
10-12-2010, 12:38 AM

No compassion in this mans heart.

Ploppy
10-12-2010, 09:13 AM
We would go to the common, pick out an orc cent, make a pet of him, buff the hell out of him and have the chanter gate to the next zone. Then just sit back and watch the carrnage. Same trick with the griz in blackburrow except we used a druid for that. I would drag Gore past Karnors slowly so all those guys who didn't know about wolf form agro would learn about it. I know it's horrible, but I drank a bit back then and at the time it was hilarious.

Feather
10-12-2010, 04:31 PM
The orc didn't gate too? I wonder how a sand giant got into Crushbone then....

Puyen
10-12-2010, 04:52 PM
Just watch someone die and dance at em when they yell for help. When they die take their kill.

ShivanAngel
10-12-2010, 05:00 PM
My guild was pretty nasty back on classic..

There were 3 guilds in the Plane of Time rotation with one guild only needing coirnav to finish their first set of keys... Of course, 4 guilds completely screws up the rotation only letting you get time every other week instead of every week. So of course we have a few people with secondary account not affiliated to the guild train the other guild when they engaged coirnav. Of course they wipe, we move in and grab the kill.

Once they finally got the kill about 3-4 of our guildies chain hailed the little elemental that spawned wasting about 4/5 of the flags.

Eventually our shenanigans caught up with us and the guild leader and a few of the officers were banned, and the guild was disbanded.

Meh not exactly me but i was guilty by association. EQ was pretty cut throat when instanced zones didnt exist.....

Alfey
10-13-2010, 09:32 AM
back on live.

I camped raster on my monk for 27 hours straight, with no pop. He finally popped and I was prepping to kill him.

Another monk named redskull took him out from under me, he then offered me a chance to "roll" for the idol and I told him to F*** off.

the next 4 years of his EQ life I...

1) Trained him purposely every chance I got in KC, Seb, and Chardok while he was camping his pipes.

2) Trained his groups silently so he got the name of the worst monk puller on the server.

3) One train in chardok cost him the pipe for his robes, which I then took.

bunch of other stuff when new expansions came out.

When EC was our server's trader's corner I would also bring the cleric lady in one of the huts next to the freeport entrance all the way back to the Shady and Feign Death.

She would then walk back through the tunnel killing every evil person in there. It was hilarious to watch encumbered ogres / trolls get smacked out, and then doing a /who on them and seeing them in Oggok or Grobb.

azeth
10-13-2010, 09:54 AM
the next 4 years of his EQ life I....

so satisfying when you can reap vengence when they least see it coming.

Alfey
10-13-2010, 09:59 AM
Yup, was a lot more satisfying when he didn't know that it was even me killing him.

fuji
10-13-2010, 04:19 PM
back on live.

I camped raster on my monk for 27 hours straight, with no pop. He finally popped and I was prepping to kill him.

Another monk named redskull took him out from under me, he then offered me a chance to "roll" for the idol and I told him to F*** off.

the next 4 years of his EQ life I...

1) Trained him purposely every chance I got in KC, Seb, and Chardok while he was camping his pipes.

2) Trained his groups silently so he got the name of the worst monk puller on the server.

3) One train in chardok cost him the pipe for his robes, which I then took.

bunch of other stuff when new expansions came out.

When EC was our server's trader's corner I would also bring the cleric lady in one of the huts next to the freeport entrance all the way back to the Shady and Feign Death.

She would then walk back through the tunnel killing every evil person in there. It was hilarious to watch encumbered ogres / trolls get smacked out, and then doing a /who on them and seeing them in Oggok or Grobb.

Wow, I would hate to see what would happen in RL if someone cut you off in traffic.

azeth
10-13-2010, 04:47 PM
Wow, I would hate to see what would happen in RL if someone cut you off in traffic.

Likely:

http://www.werkkrew.com/uploads/e-thug.jpg

halbar
10-14-2010, 03:57 PM
When I was a guide on EQ live I got into the SWAT program at one point. I logged onto an empty server (GM/Guide-wise anyway) and found a few petitions for some douchebag griefing people.

Instead of answering the petition in the usual way, I just summoned the guy to a KOS high level mob in the zone after observing him for a bit. Then I had my RL friend log on a level 1 halfling and summoned him to the zone to mock him in /shout.

After my friend made some boss fight-like speech I summoned him to the level 1 halfling. He promptly /q'd.

To top it off I used my gloves to rez his corpse while he was offline causing his rez timer to poof.

I never got caught, but that was the only bad thing I did as a guide.

fuji
10-18-2010, 06:05 PM
What server was this?

When I was a guide on EQ live I got into the SWAT program at one point. I logged onto an empty server (GM/Guide-wise anyway) and found a few petitions for some douchebag griefing people.

Instead of answering the petition in the usual way, I just summoned the guy to a KOS high level mob in the zone after observing him for a bit. Then I had my RL friend log on a level 1 halfling and summoned him to the zone to mock him in /shout.

After my friend made some boss fight-like speech I summoned him to the level 1 halfling. He promptly /q'd.

To top it off I used my gloves to rez his corpse while he was offline causing his rez timer to poof.

I never got caught, but that was the only bad thing I did as a guide.

halbar
10-18-2010, 08:20 PM
Don't remember the server, I was in SWAT at the time so I could log in to any server. Why, sound familiar? Was it you? :P

Maestron
10-19-2010, 02:37 PM
I can't compare to most of these so I'll just provide these two from when I had a mage on Luclin.

Mage pets in classic could easily wipe a group if not well minded, so mages had a nasty rep because of poor players. I used that to help a guild mate. The PUG I was in was holding down Executioner room in L Guk and the group leader (a DRU) was waiting for her friend to arrive and informed us we would all be kicked from the group so they could take our slots. I had a guild mate waiting in the hall for the Executioner to open. I suicide the pet and tell the group, 'Where's my Pet!??" then "OMG its taunting". Immediate evac. Sent a tell to the guild mate "Exe is open."

In Temple of Cazic Thule. I'd always bind just inside the zone so when I gated the pet would not die. if i was in a good mood the pet would suicide before gating, if not I waited for the eventual mass of mob arms and legs to flailing down the hall before zoning. Once i was at the pools trying to get the last of the focus items and ****ing Paly (why is it always the Palys?) took the no drop shovel. Another hour or so and its time to log. I say my goodbyes and gate to zone my pet trains the group.

Karrmerr
10-19-2010, 04:14 PM
I shut down the the entire good team on Sullon Zek for months. This was done every day after raids, my routine. I was in the top raiding guild "Hate" on sullon zek and farmed Crushbone for the cultural blacksmithing blood. The good team did not have a raiding guild so they had no one that could kill me not even full groups. I would find newbies trying to get exp, train them, then snare them so they lost exp. Eventually I would get full groups trying to kill me but if they ever got me low I would just zone. You used to get healed by how many plus HP items you had. I would zone get 1500 or so HP and continue the slaughter. One time I had around 50 corpses on either side of the zone line. To this day I get tells asking if I was the SK from sullon zek and how I ruined their lives on that server. I have even gotten people ask me that in WoW and other games.

P.S. Thanks for the goldenrod Meatdawg!!!!!!

Grakken
10-19-2010, 07:05 PM
On Sullon zek, I found a guy AFK at his bind. He was lv 56. I proceeded to kill him over and over. When he was no longer white con, I found someone else to kill him over and over ... this process continued from 8PM till 6 in the morning (it was a school night too, boy do I miss college).

By 6 in the morning he was lv 22. He never logged on again.

fuji
10-19-2010, 09:23 PM
On Sullon zek, I found a guy AFK at his bind. He was lv 56. I proceeded to kill him over and over. When he was no longer white con, I found someone else to kill him over and over ... this process continued from 8PM till 6 in the morning (it was a school night too, boy do I miss college).

Wow, I would probably cry.

Feather
10-20-2010, 12:52 AM

You win.

Lazortag
10-20-2010, 02:15 AM

Was he too stupid to just log off?

Dumesh Uhl'Belk
10-20-2010, 02:22 AM

This is why you don't go afk on a pvp server. Grakken, you didn't do anything bad or wrong. You performed a public service. I salute you.

zeval31
10-20-2010, 04:01 AM

AHAHAH this made me laugh !

Grakken
10-20-2010, 11:47 AM
Was he too stupid to just log off?

My guess is he hit alt X to log off (wherever he was) before going to bed. Got aggro in the 30 second time frame and obviously died and went to his bind.

He thinks he logged off; but, in reality he was sitting gearless in the overthere right by the zoneline to FM. He was definately AFK. The majority of his corpses lost their ability to rez too as he was online for over the three hours mark.

halbar
10-20-2010, 12:37 PM
What is alt X? Is that like /q? If that were the case, he would not still be in the world after zoning once. He probably fell asleep at the keyboard.

ShivanAngel
10-20-2010, 12:40 PM
Alt X was camp iirc.

Grakken
10-20-2010, 01:30 PM
What is alt X? Is that like /q? If that were the case, he would not still be in the world after zoning once. He probably fell asleep at the keyboard.

Alt X is the shortcut to /camp

It is not /camp desktop which will camp you to your desktop.

fuji
10-24-2010, 02:38 PM
My guess is he hit alt X to log off (wherever he was) before going to bed. Got aggro in the 30 second time frame and obviously died and went to his bind.

He thinks he logged off; but, in reality he was sitting gearless in the overthere right by the zoneline to FM. He was definately AFK. The majority of his corpses lost their ability to rez too as he was online for over the three hours mark.

You spend hours grinding that day, but you cant take 30 secs to watch yourself log out? He deserved it.

nyronic
10-12-2013, 11:16 PM
A friend once told me he wanted to take a bunch of gear from "some guy he knew" because the guy was a douche supposedly. My friend had this guys account info some how, and gave it to me so I could log on and hand all the gear/money over to my friend.

So the guy had multiple high lvl characters, I don't remember their exact levels but this was during luclin bazaar era. I logged onto each character and gave all the gear to my friends character.

When we were done, I camped out and deleted all of his characters. I didn't even know the guy.

To this day I'm still not sure why I did that. I don't know if he ever got his characters or gear back.

Luchino
10-12-2013, 11:27 PM
I sold a Blade of Carnage for $600 and a Helmet of Rallos Zek for $400 on ebay via western union on Zagum's account and got him banned. Still got paid. Only gave him like $100 for his trouble.

Sebekkha
10-13-2013, 12:39 AM
Pick locking the NFP bank door, letting people run in, then closing the door. leaving them locked inside. :D

Cecily
10-13-2013, 01:56 AM
^ I've definitely done that more times than I'm proud of. Other than that, I'm trying really hard to think of horrible things I've done and can't really think of anything. *puts on halo*

orsk
10-13-2013, 02:13 AM
On live in the bazaar arena a noob forgot to bank his plat, I collected 90kpp with one swift swing of my Dathor Great Hammer, then the guy told me the plat was his brothers, he was just messing around on his character " please he is guna kill me!" so i met him at the first bank and opened trade, only to cancel said trade and tell him he should pay attention.Tough love.

heazels
10-13-2013, 05:39 AM

heazels
10-13-2013, 05:45 AM
Pick locking the NFP bank door, letting people run in, then closing the door. leaving them locked inside. :D

LMAO I used to always go to freeport and people would be like HELP IM STUCK IN THIS ROOM. I CANT GET OUT. Good Times

heazels
10-13-2013, 05:55 AM
on live, my enchanter friend and i(i played a paladin) promised to PL a guy who'd been playing maybe a week. we talked him into the FP arena saying there were mobs in it, and bound him smack in the center. when he popped up, root/pvp.

root/pvp.

for a long time, until /q.

Did you play on nameless by chance? I did the same thing In the same arena =p. Gave him some gear when we were done for being a good sport. Was laughing for a good hour. I think the guy finally figured out he could shut off his pc.

heazels
10-13-2013, 06:17 AM

Denelor
10-13-2013, 07:45 AM
I played a bard.....
...on Sullon zek

What name?

Millburn
10-13-2013, 08:26 AM
I remember playing Kunark back when I was 13 and being an absolute horrible human being. My friend and I from school used to get people to show us their gear in trade window but show us bags worth of the stuff. I forget the actual trick but when you would cancel the trade, instead of it going back into their equip/inventory it flooded and dropped that stuff on the ground. We must have gotten 3 or 4 Fungi tunics that way.

Looking back on the shit I did back in Classic/Kunark and in UO (Felucca, so it was expected) I can't hep but cringe. Glad I grew out of that haha.

Sebekkha
10-13-2013, 08:32 AM
I remember getting done over by the scam where the seller would put a fungi tunic in the trade window , quickly cancel and replace it with a cloth shirt, before item links during trading...I was infuriated that some one had the consciance to do such thing.

Needless to say I inspect every damn item now in trade windows even with item linking !

Gaffin'
10-13-2013, 09:02 AM
i remember my first beer

myriverse
10-13-2013, 09:13 AM
Nothing worse than unintentional training.

Grimy
10-13-2013, 08:47 PM
In my younger days, on the Vallon Zek server, I became wildly unpopular while roleplaying a murderous Halfling Druid named Grimy, that sent thousands of Elves to their graves in Faydwer and then for a few years in the Ocean of Tears. The Alluring sirens at the twin spires were really good experience and irresistible to the pointy-ears, and where I spent most of my days of 'sending the elves home where they belong' as I put it. I was usually three to six levels higher than them, had levitate and EB up, so I would hit them with a spell, duck under the water and wait for the 'soandso tries to cast a spell on you but you were protected' message, then pop back up and repeat. Sometimes they would foolishly run into the water, or up the spire, in which case I would either root them underwater and let them drown, or cast Whirling Wind and blast them off the spire, where they would fall to their deaths (losing experience either way). People would rarely want to come all the way out there with their higher level friends, so they often had to come and recover their corpse alone. If they were anything but courteous to me upon their return, I would often send them back to Faydwer again... As he grew in level, I would later hang around in FV, and if elves asked me for a port, I would invite them, then cast share wolf form, at which point, all the NPCs would attack them and kill them.

Also on Vallon Zek, I played a little Gnome Magician named Miserable, who really just killed everyone. My favorite spot was in Feerott near the low-level undead camps. There was a long-standing bug where if you cast invisibility on your pet, then burnout, the pet would stay invisible, even when attacking. On top of that, I could duck, and actually crawl inside of the trees. The victims couldn't see my pet in most cases, and definitely couldn't see me, as I was inside one of the trees. With Miserable, I had a thing where I would almost always loot the pants they were wearing, regardless of what else they had.

Champion_Standing
10-14-2013, 08:57 AM
Scammed a whole ton of plat on Live, i managed to get around 300k before i finally got busted, lost a whole 5k and got suspended for 24 hours. I feel like my punishment was not appropriate for the amount of tears I caused. It was hilarious to log into an alt and watch the people rage about some unknown scammer for 30 mins in EC though, so totally worth it.

reborn649
10-14-2013, 11:38 AM
Played on VZ when the game first went live! I remember a group of friends and I would hang outside of dungeons, one friend would go in and cause a train, then we would pick people off as they zoned out with low health. Oracle Robes and FBR's were the hotness back then, we had entirely to many of them...

Friend got access to the #1 Monk's account during the Kunark era. He asked me if i would help him strip the guys account cuz he was "quitting", I helped and another RL friend from a blue server made a lvl 1 guy to help us also. Needless to say the monk logged in later that day, petitioned, we all got perma-banned, and I never felt more terrible bcuz my buddy that played on the blue server had just got his enchanter epic =/

Wasn't really "bad", but a group of us use to kinda play "mercenaries for hire" and we would track down d-bags that had corpse camped you for hours on end or done whatever to piss you off. Was about 8 of us RL friends all together and we never did lose a fight. Typically we would just reciprocate whatever you had done to someone and give u a taste of your own medicine. If you couldnt get revenge yourself, you could pay us to do it! We made probably 10-20k doing that back in the day...lots of angry rich people on VZ for awhile lol.

I wasnt actually a part of it, but some buddies of mine killed an AFK GM/Guide. Pretty sure there are still screenshots floating around the interwebs somewhere of that. Think they were in Twelve Prophets at that time? If i remember correctly, they got the suspension hammer/banhammer for that one.

applesauce25r624
10-14-2013, 12:19 PM
Looking back on the shit I did back in Classic/Kunark and in UO (Felucca, so it was expected) I can't hep but cringe. Glad I grew out of that haha.

UO really died w/ that felucca/trammel split

care bear party in trammel for days

fishingme
10-16-2013, 07:32 PM
Wouldn't call it the worse thing i've ever done, but i kept training reavers in CoM on a few TMO that were trioing moat because they they dared me to. Killed them a few times over before I got bored

Confit
10-17-2013, 11:07 AM
Playing on Rallos Zek, the worst thing I ever did was fail at killing all 4 warders the night before AD and company killed the Sleeper.