PDA

View Full Version : So who is this cat and why does he charge so much??

Skittlez
02-04-2014, 06:13 PM
So my guild member was trying to buy the visual pieces of the Koada'Dal armor for his bard alt and this guy named Llewellyn is trying to charge 36k for that. First off let me say that that just seems like the biggest rip off to begin with, but what really concerned me is that how persistent he was with trying to get my guild mate to fork over the 36k before he even makes on piece and he just refused to do it any other way. He wouldn't allow some one else to hold it for him till the order was done or anything, wouldn't sell it piece by piece at the area where he smiths even.

I am wondering if I am behind on my prices with cultural armor. I have bought 3 suits of cultural and none of which cost me more than 16-17k. Is this guy just trying to cheat people out of their plat or what? Also, is his behavior on how he was selling the items the norm? I have never dealt with someone that has behaved like this. Can someone also tell me if 36k for a visual set of cultural is a rip off? It seemed like the biggest scam in EC

Millburn
02-04-2014, 06:17 PM
I've bought a suit of armor through Sylexis before and he was nothing but awesome about the whole process. I told him what I wanted, he gave me a quote and a time frame and then he got to making it. I didn't pay him until it was all made and done, so it was essentially just a normal EC trade at that point.

What you're describing sounds sketchy as hell, and probably someone just looking to loot and scoot.

Edit: The price actually seems about right if you look at the price for individual pieces of Imbued Koada'Dal armor.

jaybone
02-04-2014, 06:19 PM
Yeah dude blue diamonds are fucking free now. You didn't know?

billw134
02-04-2014, 06:26 PM
Did you buy your previous cultural armor before they patched the Enchant: whatever ore to require the gem component?

Kender
02-04-2014, 06:29 PM
17k would be before the armour needed blue diamonds to make

Llewellyn has been making and taking orders in EC for a very long time. he's not a loot and scoot

joppykid
02-04-2014, 06:36 PM
So my guild member was trying to buy the visual pieces of the Koada'Dal armor for his bard alt and this guy named Llewellyn is trying to charge 36k for that. First off let me say that that just seems like the biggest rip off to begin with, but what really concerned me is that how persistent he was with trying to get my guild mate to fork over the 36k before he even makes on piece and he just refused to do it any other way. He wouldn't allow some one else to hold it for him till the order was done or anything, wouldn't sell it piece by piece at the area where he smiths even.

I am wondering if I am behind on my prices with cultural armor. I have bought 3 suits of cultural and none of which cost me more than 16-17k. Is this guy just trying to cheat people out of their plat or what? Also, is his behavior on how he was selling the items the norm? I have never dealt with someone that has behaved like this. Can someone also tell me if 36k for a visual set of cultural is a rip off? It seemed like the biggest scam in EC

Llewellyn has made me several suits of armor and never been more than professional to me. He wants it all up front so he doesn't make the armor and get stiffed by the player saying "nm, I don't want it" which I don't blame him because thats not easy stuff to sell. When I did it, he required to have a character over level 50. He may do things a little different but I have nothing but great experiences with him.

Skittlez
02-04-2014, 06:37 PM
17k would be before the armour needed blue diamonds to make

Llewellyn has been making and taking orders in EC for a very long time. he's not a loot and scoot

Ahh okay, so yeah then I got my suits before they needed that then.

Llewellyn needs to re-learn how to do business then if he is such a veteran. That shit was wack and stupid as all hell for how he was trying to do things. I am still honestly trying to figure out why he wants 36k up front instead of just making the armor and selling it like all the other intelligent smiths out there.

Spitty
02-04-2014, 06:45 PM
He wants 36k up front because your friend approached him to make the fucking armor. It's not difficult to figure this out.

I charged for my alchemy services up front. Do you know how many times I got an order for potions, went to Halas to make them and then was told the pots were no longer needed?

There's some shitty people on this server, people who don't understand that tradeskills are a time-consuming, expensive service. You're apparently one of them.

Edit: and just because I kinda feel like a dick about this post, I went to ahungry and price-checked that armor. It's between 5-7k per visual piece, not including the BP. On the low end, a full visible set minus BP would be 30k @ 5k a piece if you bought them separately.

36k = fair. Coming to the boards and ranting up a storm about someone who was straight shooting with you about making all this crap = horseshit.

Thulack
02-04-2014, 06:48 PM
Lol dudes got plenty of plat. He not crying over a lost 36k order..

Pint
02-04-2014, 06:49 PM
Llewellyn is a great crafter and all the business I've done with him has been easy and smooth. He wants the payment up front so he isn't stuck with suits of armor to offload when someone makes an order and backs out, obviously the tried and true crafter isn't going to be the one that is likely to re nig on the deal, why would that not be obvious to you? Also if you don't understand the pricing of a crafted item at least hit the wiki and figure out the components before you try to blast someone on the forums.

Teako
02-04-2014, 06:55 PM
Llew once quoted me 17k on a visual-piece-only set (no gems/stats).. I laughed at him, and copy/pasted the mat list I had written up on a google doc, with how it would only cost 2-3k in mats.

He insisted it was "the exact same mats for the stat gear" and that "I was trying to scam him" - I even offered to buy all the mats myself, and tip him for the combine.. Which he declined, saying it was "17k or gtfo cheap newb"

None the less, Drumas made it for me for like 500p over mat cost. Ended up costing me like 2.5k.

I was also in a party with him in Mistmoore at GY one day with his "Material Continuum" guildmates.. Guy was popping off racist comments left/right. Even his guildmates were uncomfortable, two ended up leaving guild in that same group.

TL;DR

Find a nicer player to smith your items piece by piece, as a whole trade, or otherwise. So long as you're showing genuine interest in getting it made, I see no issue.

baalzy
02-04-2014, 06:58 PM
^ Spitty knows whats up.

At least when someone asks for SoW pots and then changes their mind it isn't too difficult to offload.

Not many people are going to spend 36k on bard gear.

Ashintar
02-04-2014, 07:00 PM
Ahh okay, so yeah then I got my suits before they needed that then.

Llewellyn needs to re-learn how to do business then if he is such a veteran. That shit was wack and stupid as all hell for how he was trying to do things. I am still honestly trying to figure out why he wants 36k up front instead of just making the armor and selling it like all the other intelligent smiths out there.

He's not looking to get stiffed by someone who is having second thoughts. Personally this happened to me several times when I was offering DE and Ogre armor. Before the 10/8 patch this wasn't a huge deal, but now that the blacksmith is committing their blue diamonds to the armor I don't see a problem with this practice.

Skittlez
02-04-2014, 07:15 PM
He wants 36k up front because your friend approached him to make the fucking armor. It's not difficult to figure this out.

I charged for my alchemy services up front. Do you know how many times I got an order for potions, went to Halas to make them and then was told the pots were no longer needed?

There's some shitty people on this server, people who don't understand that tradeskills are a time-consuming, expensive service. You're apparently one of them.

Edit: and just because I kinda feel like a dick about this post, I went to ahungry and price-checked that armor. It's between 5-7k per visual piece, not including the BP. On the low end, a full visible set minus BP would be 30k @ 5k a piece if you bought them separately.

36k = fair. Coming to the boards and ranting up a storm about someone who was straight shooting with you about making all this crap = horseshit.

LOL This guy.. I really hit this guys button.

I know that trade skills are expensive and that they take time, douche bag, but this Llewellyn guy was advertising his stuff and wouldn't even start making the armor with my guild mate right next to him, at the forge, in the crafting city that he crafts in. So please, before you start crying more, maybe read a little bit and open that narrow mind of yours to realize that there are PLENTY of ways to ensure you don't get fucked after you start making an order. Armor crafting isn't the same as 100-500 plat potions you dumb fuck. You aren't just going to find a suit of full cultural armor in EC like you will with potions.

Have anything else that's retarded as fuck that you wanna get off your chest?

Skittlez
02-04-2014, 07:17 PM
Then you're dumb, because if the person is offering to pay piece by piece, sitting next to you while you make the armor, how can you honestly spin the situation in a way that the inquiring party backs out of all pieces?

This. Billy here is the only person that actually read my post I am pretty sure now.

khanable
02-04-2014, 07:17 PM
skittlez madder than a gorilla on steroids

Skittlez
02-04-2014, 07:19 PM
Llew once quoted me 17k on a visual-piece-only set (no gems/stats).. I laughed at him, and copy/pasted the mat list I had written up on a google doc, with how it would only cost 2-3k in mats.

He insisted it was "the exact same mats for the stat gear" and that "I was trying to scam him" - I even offered to buy all the mats myself, and tip him for the combine.. Which he declined, saying it was "17k or gtfo cheap newb"

None the less, Drumas made it for me for like 500p over mat cost. Ended up costing me like 2.5k.

I was also in a party with him in Mistmoore at GY one day with his "Material Continuum" guildmates.. Guy was popping off racist comments left/right. Even his guildmates were uncomfortable, two ended up leaving guild in that same group.

TL;DR

Find a nicer player to smith your items piece by piece, as a whole trade, or otherwise. So long as you're showing genuine interest in getting it made, I see no issue.

Yeah I tried to buy the mats for a Tier'Dal bracer that I am missing and he told me the same thing, it was 4k or he wouldn't make it. Now that I know this other info I am definitely staying away from him. This guy is just a total D-bag it seems.

Skittlez
02-04-2014, 07:19 PM
skittlez madder than a gorilla on steroids

Bitch, I'm over 9000.

Asap
02-04-2014, 07:26 PM
Lets look at the real problem here. Why is anyone spending anywhere near 36k for bard armor

Spitty
02-04-2014, 07:28 PM
Bitch, I'm over 9000.

Dragonball reference - check.

Tits and Star Wars in avatar - check.

Photoshopped character name on someone else's art in signature - check.

Rage-facing all over the forum because "your friend" is so much of a control freak that he wants to sit next to someone and buy armor piece by piece instead of just fucking manning up and accepting the perfectly valid terms of sale - check.

You're a sexually frustrated, talentless manchild of a spoiled brat who has nothing better to do than courageously act the white knight in a situation that could have been solved instantly by just paying the fucking man.

Cough up the 36k, or get the fuck out of here with your petty bullshit.

Better yet - do both. Especially that second part - I could give less than a microshit about your friend wanting to look all fancy.

Skittlez
02-04-2014, 07:33 PM
Lets look at the real problem here. Why is anyone spending anywhere near 36k for bard armor

That's what I was trying to tell my guild member. Even more so because he is going to swarm... I literally swarmed on my bard naked until he was mid 30's. I tried my hardest to convince him that it was a complete waste of plat, but he was dead set on spending a lot of plat.

Jörmungandr
02-04-2014, 07:34 PM
Scum move #1: Posting this in Server Chat instead of RnF

Scum move #2: Talking shit about the price when it requires tons of valuable shit and 240+ blacksmithing.

Scum move #3: Talking shit about the guy asking for plat up front so you don't screw him (why does it matter when you pay him if you intended on completing the order in the first place? Hmm...).

Scum move #4: Still talking shit about this player when everyone tells you how wrong you are.

Seems like Skittlez is the problem, not Llewelyn. You want the armor? Go make it yourself, dawg.

Ashintar
02-04-2014, 07:42 PM
Yeah I tried to buy the mats for a Tier`Dal bracer that I am missing and he told me the same thing, it was 4k or he wouldn't make it. Now that I know this other info I am definitely staying away from him. This guy is just a total D-bag it seems.

So step up to the Teir`Dal forge and combine your mats if you're not willing to pay his 4k price. He put in the effort to raise his skill you didn't. On a side note was there a disclaimer about failed combines? Quit complaining because you don't like the price you were quoted, either find another smith or raise your own blacksmith skill.

Kekephee
02-04-2014, 07:44 PM

I bought all my koada'dal from Llewellyn several months ago. I got good service, the prices were right, dude's legit.

That said, if it were me, and I wasn't aware of his reputation, and hadn't bought from him before, I probably wouldn't have forked over 36k before he even made a piece of armor. People get blasted on these forums for doing that and having their money stolen all the time. But this is Llew we're talking about, he's a good guy as far as I know.

Skittlez
02-04-2014, 07:44 PM
Dragonball reference - check.

Tits and Star Wars in avatar - check.

Photoshopped character name on someone else's art in signature - check.

Rage-facing all over the forum because "your friend" is so much of a control freak that he wants to sit next to someone and buy armor piece by piece instead of just fucking manning up and accepting the perfectly valid terms of sale - check.

You're a sexually frustrated, talentless manchild of a spoiled brat who has nothing better to do than courageously act the white knight in a situation that could have been solved instantly by just paying the fucking man.

Cough up the 36k, or get the fuck out of here with your petty bullshit.

Better yet - do both. Especially that second part - I could give less than a microshit about your friend wanting to look all fancy.

LOL, you are a lot dumber than I originally gave you credit for. I would like to know how I am acting like a 'White Knight", as you put it.

You do mean that Llewellyn is the control freak, correct? Lol, my guild mate was the one trying to finalize the deal without setting him self up for being scammed. Your man crush that you are defending is the one who was being 'controlling'.

Haha, man you look like a fucking idiot right now and you're crackin' me up, you gotta stop this or I am gonna pee my pants a little.

Spitty
02-04-2014, 07:46 PM
I've never met the guy.

However, apparently half the server has bought this specific armor from him. Without problem, I might add.

Do you royally fuck things up for a living, or is this just a hobby?

Skittlez
02-04-2014, 07:47 PM
So step up to the Teir`Dal forge and combine your mats if you're not willing to pay his 4k price. He put in the effort to raise his skill you didn't. On a side note was there a disclaimer about failed combines? Quit complaining because you don't like the price you were quoted, either find another smith or raise your own blacksmith skill.

Nope, there was nothing said about a chance to fail the combine. I did find another smith for my bracer btw, and only payed for the mats. I even tossed him a tip for being a nice guy. =D

Marglar
02-04-2014, 07:54 PM
while we're on the topic of smithing.. are there any around EC that don't mind doing something low end (fine plate?). I'd like a few pieces made, have spent hours upon hours auctioning / asking around.. but I get blown off since it's not really generating a lot of money for someone :|

Jörmungandr
02-04-2014, 07:55 PM
my guild mate was the one trying to finalize the deal without setting him self up for being scammed.

You're right man, the accomplished player who has been here for years and has sold at least dozens of sets of this armor was the one most likely to be a scammer, not your shady as fuck level 5 bard friend who wanted a set of blue diamond armor for 5k.

What the fuck.

Skittlez
02-04-2014, 08:07 PM
You're right man, the accomplished player who has been here for years and has sold at least dozens of sets of this armor was the one most likely to be a scammer, not your shady as fuck level 5 bard friend who wanted a set of blue diamond armor for 5k.

What the fuck.

Lol, just quit while you think you're ahead noob.

Vermicelli
02-04-2014, 08:25 PM
http://1-media-cdn.foolz.us/ffuuka/board/m/image/1330/49/1330493367441.gif

Misfitz138
02-04-2014, 08:26 PM
Simple solution. If you don't like the terms of the crafter, then find another. The guild mate you're defending raged to me in tells for a good 10 minutes. As i told him, once someone is set on how they want to do business, theirs no changing it so why try to force it. Either do it his way or move on to the next. Really no reason to come on the forums and try to put the crafter on blast.

Skittlez
02-04-2014, 08:31 PM
Simple solution. If you don't like the terms of the crafter, then find another. The guild mate you're defending raged to me in tells for a good 10 minutes. As i told him, once someone is set on how they want to do business, theirs no changing it so why try to force it. Either do it his way or move on to the next. Really no reason to come on the forums and try to put the crafter on blast.

Wasn't intending on putting him on blast. Was intending on figuring out what was up.

Pint
02-04-2014, 08:35 PM
If Llewellyn quotes you 36k for a set of bard armor, you are going to get your set regardless of his failures. Also calling bs on your mats argument since I bought dwarf armor off him last week and he discounted the price for the mats I supplied. I hope Llewellyn reads this thread so he knows not to deal with you in the future.

Vermicelli
02-04-2014, 08:37 PM
Wasn't intending on putting him on blast. Was intending on figuring out what was up.

Capitalismo, bro. You spend a jillion hours grinding a skill to grand master, chasing down dropped mats, gronked up combine fails on 2K jewelpieces, and getting /tells from jokers who have never bumped a tradeskill on their toon and you can pretty much name yer price. Not saying you never earned a trade point, but you don't talk like a GM. I got 250 Jewelcraft, 200 baking, 200 fishing, and 151 chanter research if anyone wants to commission.

Pheer
02-04-2014, 08:43 PM
s'all in the game baby

billw134
02-04-2014, 09:01 PM
Hey, I read your whole post!

Skittlez
02-04-2014, 09:14 PM
If Llewellyn quotes you 36k for a set of bard armor, you are going to get your set regardless of his failures. Also calling bs on your mats argument since I bought dwarf armor off him last week and he discounted the price for the mats I supplied. I hope Llewellyn reads this thread so he knows not to deal with you in the future.

Lol, I will never do business with him any way if I have to pay upfront.

Vermicelli
02-04-2014, 09:35 PM
Anyway, so this thread has some shred of usefulness: if you /group with someone while they are using their tradeskills, you can see in your chatbox if their combines succeed or fail. If you commission a JC piece from me, I will be super sure to group with you beforehand. If you do not get a group invite from me, you should know that it is my evil clone and DO NOT accept JC from her.

jaybone
02-04-2014, 10:10 PM
Sold 10 random pieces on Sunday for 48k. Mad?

sabinrf24
02-04-2014, 10:16 PM
Have done business with Llew in the past, was a straightforward and fair guy. No complaints.

I can't say the same for OP. Calling out an individual under the guise of 'trying to get an idea about what's going on' is less a less than credible action.

Yoite
02-04-2014, 10:20 PM
havent bought/sold anything with Llewellyn but hes a very nice player and very helpful too. its sad seeing his name be shit on b/c someone didnt like his price (which looks to be fine) or his business practice (which looks to be fine). You could have just found another crafter and went on with life. No need for a shit post.

webrunner5
02-04-2014, 10:37 PM
havent bought/sold anything with Llewellyn but hes a very nice player and very helpful too. its sad seeing his name be shit on b/c someone didnt like his price (which looks to be fine) or his business practice (which looks to be fine). You could have just found another crafter and went on with life. No need for a shit post.

Great post. OP should be banned for life. :o

Gaffin 7.0
02-04-2014, 11:54 PM
i always knew skittlez was a idiot, this proves it

hatelore
02-05-2014, 01:30 AM
I like how the highest level char this guy has is a , wait for it...

42 pally. lawl. doo u eben lif?

Retarded post too, pay the poor guy. He is working hard for you're precious armor. Smithing aint easy.

hatelore
02-05-2014, 01:39 AM
LOL, you are a lot dumber than I originally gave you credit for.
You do mean that Llewellyn is the control freak, correct? Lol, my guild mate was the one trying to finalize the deal without setting him self up for being scammed.

I agree with you really. A lot of people on this server get there tradeskills up to 240+ to scam people. I mean, its the least time consuming method out there. Plus, since its so easy to get your tradeskills to 240, its def the quickest way to insure a perfect scam. And what do you have to lose? Nada! Getting your tradeskill that high is cake, usually done within hours~

And you are calling people dumb? lawl

username17
02-05-2014, 01:53 AM
I've purchased 2-3 suits (bard plate and enchanter chain iirc) from Llewellyn by paying up front with no issue.
You can trust him.

Sarajo
02-05-2014, 02:48 AM
I read the whole post and all replies and still havent seen a cat-_-

thread did not deliver :(

JackFlash
02-05-2014, 03:59 AM
F- Thread.

Clark
02-05-2014, 05:37 AM
Jaybone change your signature.

Nocsucow
02-05-2014, 06:07 AM
Denied

Shaniril
02-05-2014, 08:44 AM
http://static.fjcdn.com/pictures/bored_77f48c_153233.jpg

No longer a lack of cats. This thread has been saved.

Tecmos Deception
02-05-2014, 08:53 AM
Nevermind. I'll try to be nice!

Calibix
02-05-2014, 11:55 AM
I bought my Mystic Koada`Dal armor from LLewelyn way back in the day, pre-change to mats. I had no problems. Prices were reasonable, and placing a specific order was easy as well.

Now I don't know who said what to who and I don't really care. The seller clearly has a good reputation as a tradeskiller, and I feel like the point of this post is more to complain about the increase in prices (justified) to gear that was probably fair at the price point it was at, whereas now its probably not worth it.

As a bard myself, I can tell you your a lot better off getting good instruments depending on your playstyle preference. For example if you want to swarm at 18+ then McVaxius Horn of Disaster at about 15k is the single best item you can get. MM drums and Gypsy loot plenty good enough unless you want to fork out 30k for Selo's drums. You can get a Breath of Harmony and a Guardian's Mace for about 8k. Plat fire rings for 500-600. The armor is cool and all, but you really should be spending your plat on gear your going to want to use at 50 plus, which is namely resist/ac/hp gear anyways. Stats aren't that important to a bard imo.

HydroPonics
02-05-2014, 11:58 AM
What people don't understand is it costs considerably more to craft the customized armor than it did a few months ago. That cost is passed along to you. You have a choice: Do business with Lewellyn or try to find someone else. Catherin of Taken also crafts cultural armor if im not mistaken.

I have been providing Lewellyn with free Essence of Moonlights for sometime now. Hes straight and i can vouch for him. Without people farming the necessary items to make the cultural armor, the cost would be even more higher than it is now.

Sarajo
02-05-2014, 12:11 PM
[QUOTE=Shaniril;1306619
No longer a lack of cats. This thread has been saved.[/QUOTE]

who are these cats and why does he charge so much??
http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2013/03/wealthy-cats-money-7.jpg?w=500
http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2013/03/wealthy-cats-money-0.jpg?w=500&h=375
http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2013/03/wealthy-cats-money-8.jpg?w=500&h=650
http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2013/03/wealthy-cats-money-1.jpg?w=500&h=396
http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2013/03/wealthy-cats-money-9.jpg?w=500&h=478

help i have a problem

webrunner5
02-05-2014, 12:24 PM
What people don't understand is it costs considerably more to craft the customized armor than it did a few months ago. That cost is passed along to you. You have a choice: Do business with Lewellyn or try to find someone else. Catherin of Taken also crafts cultural armor if im not mistaken.

I have been providing Lewellyn with free Essence of Moonlights for sometime now. Hes straight and i can vouch for him. Without people farming the necessary items to make the cultural armor, the cost would be even more higher than it is now.

Yep, Hydro does seem to live in MM. :eek::eek:

Sgt1stClassPerkerwood
02-05-2014, 03:40 PM
people are so fucking stupid.

'OMG WHY IS THIS STUFF SO EXPENSIVE OMG YOU ARE TEH SCAMMZ0RZ'

Yeah, dwarf BP takes 9 jacinths you dumbass. 9 Jacinths at about 500 a pop, plus the rest.

thieros
02-05-2014, 03:45 PM
81 blue diamonds for a 13 piece set at 2.5k/blue diamond = 202.5k provided 0 fails...

1 sheets = 3 blue diamonds
1 jointing = .5 blue diamond

each piece is 1 to 3 sheets & 1 jointing

thieros
02-05-2014, 03:49 PM
Thats not including the tempers & costs of the metals, leather paddings, minor mats themselves aside from the blue diamonds

Sgt1stClassPerkerwood
02-05-2014, 03:50 PM
but thieros, its supposed to be 2k a piece. Your prices are so off bro

thieros
02-05-2014, 03:52 PM
i just be scammin'

manastone22
02-05-2014, 04:40 PM
If anyone is looking for a full set of this stuff PM me.

August
02-05-2014, 04:43 PM
Anyway, so this thread has some shred of usefulness: if you /group with someone while they are using their tradeskills, you can see in your chatbox if their combines succeed or fail. If you commission a JC piece from me, I will be super sure to group with you beforehand. If you do not get a group invite from me, you should know that it is my evil clone and DO NOT accept JC from her.

i always do this too because people never think they'll be the 5% base failure rate. It does happen people. There's a reason JCs can charge what they do - we take the (albeit small, sometimes) risk of having to use double or (heaven forbid) triple mats.

-Catherin-
02-07-2014, 01:05 PM
High elf Cultural now takes 4-10 blue diamonds to make depending on the piece, so do the math.

If he was charging 36k for an entire suit, you were getting a deal :p

I do have the ability to make the armor myself as well, but have only sold a few pieces since the nerf because the price isn't worth it unless you have too much plat to care