PDA

View Full Version : Raffle

Galacticus
02-02-2014, 09:50 AM
Shouldn't there be odds for the raffle? Like for 10% chance or something?

If 100 people enter the guise raffle each with 1 ticket, will 10 get masks, aka 10%?

Or will it be like 1% or 50%?

What if there are 100 guise tickets and that belong to only 20 people because 5 of them take up 50 of the tickets by donating $500 each?

What if you draw a raffle ticket for a guise and it's someone with 10 tickets. What happens when you draw another one of their tickets, does it get thrown anyway and someone else gets another chance or will you only draw 10 tickets out of 100 to keep that 10% quota?

Depending on how this works, a raffle could mean there is only one guise and and your chances even donating 500$ would only give you a 1% chance if there are 500 tickets in the run. Someone who paid 50$ would have less of a chance but 500$ seems like a lot for a chance like that.

Daldaen
02-02-2014, 09:53 AM
Ah I read wrong!

Ciel
02-02-2014, 10:09 AM
The number of Guise of the Deceiver's and Fungus Covered Great staff's raffled off will be dependant on the number of entries. Only one Guise or Staff can be won by each player.

kylok
02-02-2014, 02:22 PM
!raffle

Kergan
02-02-2014, 04:38 PM
Still would be helpful to know what they intend the odds to be. My guess is they've already decided on what % of tickets will win, and the amount given away will scale with entries at that percentage.

I guess I'd be a lot more likely to go high roller style if I got 10 tickets at 10% chance then if I had 10 tickets at .05% chance...

Galacticus
02-02-2014, 04:46 PM
My thoughts exactly Kergan

drktmplr12
02-03-2014, 11:49 AM
Seriously, the next big fiasco coupled with pay to win on P99 is going to spell some serious disaster for this project.

I'm terrified with your prediction. Especially the part about disaster.

Care to elaborate?

Swish
02-03-2014, 12:01 PM
Winning = 50% xp pots? Getting pixels a few days earlier than everyone else?

Have a word with yourself Billy.

myriverse
02-03-2014, 12:18 PM
Shouldn't there be odds for the raffle? Like for 10% chance or something?
By definition, a raffle never has previously set odds. However many entries is the number of odds. If there are 4,000 entries, then the odds are out of 4,000. If only 4, then 4.

Galacticus
02-03-2014, 02:59 PM
By definition, a raffle never has previously set odds. However many entries is the number of odds. If there are 4,000 entries, then the odds are out of 4,000. If only 4, then 4.

Right. But this raffle has the added factor that you can only win one guise even if you have 10 guise tickets.

There could be 5 players who each have 10 tickets each. That's 50 tickets. Chances are they will draw one persons tickets more then once.

If you have 50 tickets and five players, do you draw 5 tickets? What if the first 5 belong to one person, then only one person gets the guise.

What if there are 500 people with 700 tickets? Do you draw 500 tickets?

Obrae
02-03-2014, 06:05 PM
If they're going to be given away as a GM event, for some anniversary or something to do with the game, great. If they're going to be given away because people are donating to Pantheon, that's just cheap and takes away what little integrity this server has left.

Seriously, the next big fiasco coupled with pay to win on P99 is going to spell some serious disaster for this project.

p2w... hahaha

whitebandit
02-03-2014, 06:11 PM
guise = winning!

HeallunRumblebelly
02-03-2014, 06:24 PM

He said there would be more than 1 guise or fungus staff if there were enough entries. I think he has a rough estimate of what he wants the odds to be.

webrunner5
02-04-2014, 03:09 AM
Hell there can be no odds yet because he has no real clue how many tickets will be bought. If there are 2 items to give away and only 10 tickets sell well guess what you have a 20% chance to win. If he sells 1,000 tickets with 2 items well you are pretty much shit out of luck. :p

Sebekkha
02-04-2014, 05:57 AM
What happens when a dark elf wins a guise ?

fastboy21
02-04-2014, 07:07 AM
it is a bit odd that they didn't describe (at least any where that I saw) how exactly the raffle would work...obviously, the number of winners affects the demand people have for buying tickets.

i would assume, until they say otherwise (as they prob will, if they haven't already) that the raffle is one and only one winner---i.e. one guise given out.

you'd think they would do more than that considering the frequency they have in-game events with guise rewards and that they !raffle'd three off to just showing up to the twitch interview.

until they say though, i wouldn't assume multiple rewards.

phacemeltar
02-04-2014, 07:14 AM
it is a bit odd that they didn't describe (at least any where that I saw) how exactly the raffle would work...obviously, the number of winners affects the demand people have for buying tickets.

i would assume, until they say otherwise (as they prob will, if they haven't already) that the raffle is one and only one winner---i.e. one guise given out.

you'd think they would do more than that considering the frequency they have in-game events with guise rewards and that they !raffle'd three off to just showing up to the twitch interview.

until they say though, i wouldn't assume multiple rewards.

what thats mean?

fastboy21
02-04-2014, 07:32 AM
what thats mean?

once again, phacemelter...why have you turned into an idiot in the last few days after months of intelligent posts?

it "means" they posted a contest without posting the rules for it and folks have been buying tickets.

myriverse
02-04-2014, 07:39 AM
Right. But this raffle has the added factor that you can only win one guise even if you have 10 guise tickets.
No.

phacemeltar
02-04-2014, 07:41 AM
once again, phacemelter...why have you turned into an idiot in the last few days after months of intelligent posts?

it "means" they posted a contest without posting the rules for it and folks have been buying tickets.

lmao! i didnt read any of this post, i was just posting something to win my forumquest which can be found here: http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=138112

sorry i will try to be more intelligent in the future.

phacemeltar
02-04-2014, 07:43 AM
but now to be relevant:
derubael said that the more people who sign up, the more prizes will be given out. or maybe the more tickets that are bought?
that part was unclear to me, but i believe there will be multiple prizes.