PDA

View Full Version : Trading problem w/ Kuldor from IB

tefog
08-04-2010, 02:52 PM
Just wanted to let you all be aware, spoke to kuldor and agreed to buy mithril vambraces for 3.2k logged in my alt, kept messaging him for 30 minutes with no response than he logged. If something happened kuldor, let me know Im still interested in purchasing the item, other wise I'll definately warn other of this bad trading practices.

Anaiyah
08-04-2010, 09:39 PM
Not buying your gear is not bad trading practice lol.

StinkyGreenBud
08-04-2010, 09:59 PM
joking right?

Walabaego
08-04-2010, 10:06 PM
Not buying your gear is not bad trading practice lol.

tefog
08-04-2010, 10:25 PM
he was selling his gear, We agreed upon a price i ported my guy out of oot to pay for the item all in all lost about 2 hours, messaging him and not recieving a reply, then had to get back on the boat to oot

yaaaflow
08-04-2010, 11:39 PM
Sounds like a real jerk to me! Good job on getting the word out on this guy!

Desert
08-04-2010, 11:45 PM
he was selling his gear, We agreed upon a price i ported my guy out of oot to pay for the item all in all lost about 2 hours, messaging him and not recieving a reply, then had to get back on the boat to oot

Maybe he got tired of waiting for you? I think you cry too much imho

Droxx
08-04-2010, 11:47 PM
Kuldor is definitely a jerk. Rivals Doug, imo.

Lazortag
08-04-2010, 11:49 PM
Maybe he got tired of waiting for you? I think you cry too much imho

Why are people on these forums so disingenuous sometimes? I don't know if tefog is telling the whole truth, but if he is, then from the information he's given it's pretty clear the guy is a douche. According to tefog he never responded to his tells even though he agreed to buy something from someone and needed to meet him. This means that tefog went through a lot of trouble for nothing, while Kuldor didn't even have the respect to answer the guy's tells or tell him he was going to be logging off.

Again, if Tefog isn't telling the whole truth, then we can't be sure who's right - but from what he's told you how could you disagree with him without jumping to baseless conclusions like "he just left because he got tired of waiting for you".

Desert
08-04-2010, 11:52 PM
All I can say is that sometimes shit happens. Don't judge the IB guy too harshly, maybe he HAD to go.

If he was standing there for 30 mins not responding to tells, and afk, it's obvious that he had to go. just get over it and try to buy a new one tomorrow, this guy had shit going down and you were just too slow getting there before it happened.

Arkis
08-04-2010, 11:53 PM
Once in a while...RL stuff could happen... he might of had to emergency afk. If tefog hadn't of posted this, he probably wouldn't be flamed and bashed. I have this happen to me more than once and you don't see me raging on the forums

Just saying, suddenly a person is a horrible trader because of one incident? Multiple incidents sure.

Besides I know him and he's not responding to me so *shrug*

Also, inb4RnF

Desert
08-04-2010, 11:55 PM
if I had a booty call I would run too, pending sale or not. haters gonna hate :rolleyes:

Cyrano
08-05-2010, 12:13 AM
Why are people on these forums so disingenuous sometimes? I don't know if tefog is telling the whole truth, but if he is, then from the information he's given it's pretty clear the guy is a douche. According to tefog he never responded to his tells even though he agreed to buy something from someone and needed to meet him. This means that tefog went through a lot of trouble for nothing, while Kuldor didn't even have the respect to answer the guy's tells or tell him he was going to be logging off.

Again, if Tefog isn't telling the whole truth, then we can't be sure who's right - but from what he's told you how could you disagree with him without jumping to baseless conclusions like "he just left because he got tired of waiting for you".
QFT

Mmohunter
08-05-2010, 12:38 AM
So, I just got back (12AM EST), and someone pointed out to me that someone had something to say about me here on the forums.

I did in fact have something come up and had to ninja afk. You, on the other hand did also take quite bit of time to switch over and send me a tell. I do understand if you have to switch accounts it takes some time, therefore I won't hold this against you.

Now, did this issue really deserve it's own thread on the server chat section? I don't think so. Did you have to include a guild tag in the title? I don't think so.

Ektar
08-05-2010, 12:41 AM
lol @ bold

Desert
08-05-2010, 12:44 AM
Like I said, shit happens, can we all move on? Drama whores.

Lazortag
08-05-2010, 12:45 AM
lol @ bold

yaaaflow
08-05-2010, 01:18 AM
Yeah right pal, you wasted two full hours of this guys time and he deserves restitution damnit!

tefog
08-05-2010, 06:57 AM
Btw he didn't have towait for that long just account change, and then I gated from oot to Ec ( bound there ) Kuldor, its could have been as simple as letting one of you many guildies know, or something and warn me. My point is I am in the army I work from 5 am to 5-6pm I dont have but 2-3 hours a night on week days to play, and you pretty much wasted my whole day with this. Want to point out where I am coming from, yea I was pissed, and yea I am still little butt hurt.

Cyrano
08-05-2010, 09:36 AM
Clearly Kuldor thinks he can just treat people like complete dirt since he joined IB.

Erasong
08-05-2010, 09:46 AM
Wtf Kuldor. im gone a month and you turn into a douche?! GKICK NAO

Phelp
08-05-2010, 09:48 AM
Btw he didn't have towait for that long just account change, and then I gated from oot to Ec ( bound there ) Kuldor, its could have been as simple as letting one of you many guildies know, or something and warn me. My point is I am in the army I work from 5 am to 5-6pm I dont have but 2-3 hours a night on week days to play, and you pretty much wasted my whole day with this. Want to point out where I am coming from, yea I was pissed, and yea I am still little butt hurt.

You have more time then that you just choose to do other things.

Sounds like you are crying over something stupid. If he had taken your plat then yea make a thread. Shit happens deal with it.

Overcast
08-05-2010, 09:58 AM
Yeah right pal, you wasted two full hours of this guys time and he deserves restitution damnit!

Not taking sides here...

But - why would you waste 2 hours?

If I was trying to sell something and someone didn't reply, I'd go on with whatever and not worry about it too much. Start auctioning the item again, etc.

That whole scenario isn't something I wouldn't expect. I'd figure something came up or the guy backed out and just didn't want to reply.

Nothing lost, it's not like he got the item and wouldn't pay up... Just sell it to someone else.

Cyrano
08-05-2010, 11:50 AM
Overcast, you're totally missing the point. The problem is that Kuldor was cool before he joined IB and now that turdburgler thinks he just treat people like dirt! If you drove to buy a TV at BestBuy and then the sales guy FORCED you to wait for 2 hours only to have you realize he left the store for the day, wouldn't you be pissed? At the very least the BestBuy employee would have one of his cohorts let you know he left which IB would never have the decency to do.

Droxx
08-05-2010, 11:53 AM
I heard that Kuldor and all of IB hates babies.

HippoNipple
08-05-2010, 12:02 PM
All the people against the OP are annoying. The IB dude said he would do the trade for a set price, the OP goes to meet him, and teh guy refuses to talk to him. I'm guessing he just got a better offer and ignored the OP after stating that it was a deal. In any case the only way this isn't a douche move is if the IB guy actually had a rl situation and never saw the /t, but then again why wouldn't he have gotten in contact with him by now. Also him having anything to do in real life is a long shot since he is in IB. Not even trying to make a low blow here at IB but if your in the guild you probably have a lot of free time, if I had more free time I would probably spend it on EQ as well.

To Phelp no he doesn't have time to play, he just said he is in the army, don't be a smart ass. Obviously he isn't going to skip out on his duty and be dishonorably discharged for playing EQ. He said he works from 5 am to 6pm, the guy probably has to wake up at 4 am and eat/sleep sometime.

Phelp
08-05-2010, 12:15 PM
To Phelp no he doesn't have time to play, he just said he is in the army, don't be a smart ass. Obviously he isn't going to skip out on his duty and be dishonorably discharged for playing EQ. He said he works from 5 am to 6pm, the guy probably has to wake up at 4 am and eat/sleep sometime.

Unless he is forward deployed he has time to play.

I played full time while I was Active Duty.
0500 Wake up
0600 PT Formation
0630-0730 PT
0730-0900 Shower/Eat/Clean/DoWhatIsNeeded
0900 Formation(someplaces skip this and go straight into work) 1130 - 1230/1300 Lunch
1630-1700 Close of Day Formation(some skip this as well)

I dont know about you but this looks like a normal day for just about anyone. For a normal 8-9 hour day job you have 4 hours you really are not working but cannt do just about anything.

So this leaves from 1800-0000 free to do as he want.

guineapig
08-05-2010, 12:51 PM
If something comes up and you have made plans with somebody you do this:

type "r" hit enter
"gotta go"

Not that difficult...

Aaryn
08-05-2010, 01:00 PM
Or /afk emergency sorry man.

Seller sounds like a douche

Aaryn

yaaaflow
08-05-2010, 01:07 PM
Frankly I say just save time and ban Kuldor right now. He wasted some dude's time, man, this kind of aggression will not stand.

Cyrano
08-05-2010, 02:06 PM
If something comes up and you have made plans with somebody you do this:

type "r" hit enter
"gotta go"

Not that difficult...

Unless that person takes a long time to switch accounts.

Erasong
08-05-2010, 02:08 PM
alright. serious face. Kuldor prob did waste this guys time. Its not the first or last time this has happened and not exclusive to the OP and Kuldor. really not the serious. Its being WAY blown over the top and I think soley becuase at some point IB as his guildtag was mentioned. People need to ease back sometimes.

Overcast
08-05-2010, 02:26 PM
Overcast, you're totally missing the point. The problem is that Kuldor was cool before he joined IB and now that turdburgler thinks he just treat people like dirt! If you drove to buy a TV at BestBuy and then the sales guy FORCED you to wait for 2 hours only to have you realize he left the store for the day, wouldn't you be pissed? At the very least the BestBuy employee would have one of his cohorts let you know he left which IB would never have the decency to do.

No, I would have went to Sears or Wal-Mart, lol ;) After about 15/20 minutes of waiting, max.

internalprime8
08-05-2010, 02:26 PM
Frankly I say just save time and ban Kuldor right now. He wasted some dude's time, man, this kind of aggression will not stand.

We are talking about unchecked aggression here, dude. The guy peed on your rug.

Cyrano
08-05-2010, 02:31 PM
And it will only get worse. Has anyone thrown in the obligatory Hitler/Nazi reference yet? I think you clearly see where this is going if Kuldor is allowed to just tramp on people's immersion.

mmiles8
08-05-2010, 03:14 PM
Why are people on these forums so disingenuous sometimes?

Why are you so disingenuous, "Uberom"?

Bards virtually never die in a solo situation, shows that you have to be really disingenuous to complain about how bad bards are.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/disingenuous

Barkingturtle
08-05-2010, 03:33 PM
Oh come on, man, he was having fun with his word.

Sirbanmelotz
08-05-2010, 03:40 PM
How about this... Who gives a shit?

Erasong
08-05-2010, 04:02 PM
How about this... Who gives a shit?

Lazortag
08-05-2010, 04:38 PM
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/disingenuous

So you linked to something that showed that the word meant what I thought it meant, and what I was trying to say in the posts where I used it...?

Uh, thanks? For... showing me that I know how to speak english?

Also, that I only used the word three times in 238+ posts (remember many of my posts are in R&F) isn't really that remarkable.

Ektar
08-05-2010, 06:06 PM
This problem has resonated throughout the entirety of my being. Kuldor has been dealt with accordingly to the fullest extent of the IB behavioral code. But we need to learn from this situation. I think we should instate a server-wide rotation on IB douchebaggery. Instead of allowing chaos to ensue, we will set a particular person to deal out the IB douchebaggery for that day. Therefore anyone choosing to deal with this person will only have himself to blame for the douchebaggery done and we can skip this mess.

Sinlea
08-05-2010, 06:09 PM
Actually Kuldor's dog died that day. You should be ashamed of yourself. Poor guy was in tears on vent for hours!

Jaxon
08-05-2010, 09:50 PM
Bah. I'm not at all impressed. My cat died a week after WOW came out. I boxed her up, sent a quick message to the guild saying "R.I.P. my cat" and I was back in the game in less than 10 minutes.

Lazortag
08-06-2010, 12:54 AM
alright. serious face. Kuldor prob did waste this guys time. Its not the first or last time this has happened and not exclusive to the OP and Kuldor. really not the serious. Its being WAY blown over the top and I think soley becuase at some point IB as his guildtag was mentioned. People need to ease back sometimes.

despite what I said earlier, I agree with this

RKromwell
08-06-2010, 01:13 AM
Bah. I'm not at all impressed. My cat died a week after WOW came out. I boxed her up, sent a quick message to the guild saying "R.I.P. my cat" and I was back in the game in less than 10 minutes.

Cats are souless creatures of evil...a dog is fucking family.

JackOfSpades
08-06-2010, 01:30 AM

Give this man a beer.

thxer
08-06-2010, 01:44 AM

Fuck you.

thxer
08-06-2010, 01:45 AM
Give this man a beer.

And you!

Ektar
08-06-2010, 02:36 AM
me likey cats but that made me lol.

RKromwell
08-06-2010, 02:37 AM
I have four cats. I know the nature of the beast. They will pretend to love you while plotting your demise.

Bubbles
08-06-2010, 02:51 AM
me likey cats but that made me lol.

Sinlea
08-06-2010, 10:33 PM
I totally hijacked this. Win.

Cyrano
08-07-2010, 06:17 AM
Woah, woah, woah. What are you guys doing? Stop derailing we need to focus on the issue at hand. Kuldor is a jerk who is ruining the server and we need to do something about it.

Maybe we can draft up some rules and Rogean can implement them with bans i.e:

1) If party A and party B agree to sell an item, party A must not:
a) log
b) go AFK
b1) unless they have sent a tell or have an AFK tag up alerting party B
c) sell to someone else (as this is disingenuous)
b) If Party A is a member of the guild "Inglourious Bastards" and breaks rule 1 including any of subsections a-c (b1 not-withstanding under the AFK Awareness Act of 2010), Party B MUST alert other P99 players via the forums or, given that a GM will reinstate global OOC in this situation, the obligatory global OOC warning.
c) Should rule B not be completed in either tier by Party B, Party A (assuming he/she is a member of IB) must bind in Qeynos, be ported to Steamfont and die at the hands of any upset, disgruntled, angry, or disingenuous (not sure if this is the right use of the word, anyone have a dictionary definition on hand?) non-IB players in order to maintain the balance between Good (non-IB) and Less-Good (IB AFKers).

I think it's a good start, who wants to help work out the kinks before I submit this to Nilbog?

aVoided
08-07-2010, 08:23 AM

There is no way to explain it, but this for me is the most epic respondse EVER that I have read !

R.I.P my cat

eqdruid76
08-07-2010, 10:00 AM
All animals are of a reprobate mind, hence they suffer eternal damnation in The Lake of Fire.

Overcast
08-07-2010, 06:10 PM
There is no way to explain it, but this for me is the most epic respondse EVER that I have read !

R.I.P my cat

I have a cat - should I hotkey that?

Cyrano
03-09-2011, 01:56 AM
Bump

Versus
03-09-2011, 12:28 PM
la de da nothing to see here....

Hasbinbad
03-09-2011, 02:18 PM
Cyrano, you're such a jerk.

Messianic
03-09-2011, 02:23 PM
Cyrano, you're such a jerk.

LOL

Why would he bump this?

audacity
03-09-2011, 02:23 PM
IB once raped my father and made my mother watch re-runs of Two and a half men.

Hasbinbad
03-09-2011, 02:28 PM
LOL

Why would he bump this?
Because he is a jerk.

Chippy
03-09-2011, 02:31 PM
Olympia has won both an academy award and a golden globe. He told me he's going for an oscar next.

Hasbinbad
03-09-2011, 02:32 PM
Olympia has won both an academy award and a golden globe. He told me he's going for an oscar next.
BALDERDASH

Cyrano
03-09-2011, 03:30 PM
I just want people to know that Kuldor can not be trusted! Don't trade with this guy he will leave you hanging and RUIN your night!

Humerox
03-09-2011, 03:46 PM
pfffft

Extunarian
03-09-2011, 03:48 PM
haha I forgot all about eqdruid76

DetroitVelvetSmooth
03-09-2011, 03:57 PM
oops.

Cyrano
07-06-2011, 04:19 PM
Bump

<insert Hasbinbad recycle photo here in future edit>

Ektar
07-06-2011, 04:23 PM
it's good to keep people wary. Shows a responsibility characteristic as well.

Arkanjil
07-06-2011, 05:13 PM
Yeah that Perun guy is a real jerk!

Cyrano
07-07-2011, 12:59 AM
Yeah that Perun guy is a real jerk!

I just did a /who Perun

AFK[ANONYMOUS] Perun <Transatlantic Rampage>

Even when things change, they stay the same.

midgetzebra
07-07-2011, 06:13 AM
is this place really so dead now that you resident trolls are having to mass bump old posts? thats a bad omen