PDA

View Full Version : Pathing Pet pathing/behavior in Sebilis

Eluden
02-01-2014, 02:27 PM
It seems to be getting worse so I thought I'd make a post about it. Pets falling through the floor and aggro'ing crypt, Ilis mobs etc. is unusual but occurs. Most recently, pets are just taking off on their own and attacking something much further away, even way out of LOS. Big train ensues, everyone dies.

Please check into Sebilis pet pathing!

Splorf22
02-01-2014, 05:36 PM
did you have it on guard? As far as I can tell that just doesn't work, and hasn't for a long time.

Youhou
02-09-2014, 01:56 PM
We died February 6th 2014 due to a similar bug.

We were at king camp (in the zoneout pad room), enchanter's pet ran (not sure where and why) and he aggroed mobs. Mobs summoned us into a wall (my camera was in the wall next to pad, on the right side when you face it), and I couldn't cast any spell telling me "I must be standing to cast a spell". I tried to move to pad (which was in sight) but I couldn't move since I was stuck in the wall. We (enchanter and me) died and tried to rez or drag corpses with /corpse (they were mysteriously at zone in) but game kept saying they were out of range. Finally, one of my groupmate managed to drag them to camp (so I think corpses were into camp wall, but were appearing at zone in).

Then I petitionned, wishing a GM rez, but unfortunatly no volunteer was online.

I hope it will help you to solve this bug. I will be pleased to answer your questions ingame or on the forum.

Thanks for your patience :)

Danth
02-23-2014, 02:37 AM
Bump.

I've noticed this issue with moderate regularity with my SK pet since the recent pathing hotfix. What happens, more or less, is once a mob the pet is fighting dies, sometimes it just walks (NOT run--walks) off on its own in a seemingly random direction for no apparent reason. This aggros anything the pet encounters, usually with unfortunate results. As far as I can tell this only occurs when the pet is set to Guard mode; I've not as yet had it happen with the pet set to Follow.

Danth

Yumyums Inmahtumtums
02-23-2014, 03:37 AM
That's really weird. I've had the glitch recently where my pet will wander off but even if it appears to go into something else's agro range it won't agro him. Mine appears to be visual only.

SwordNboard
04-03-2014, 11:07 PM
Haynar! I had a minor experience with pet pathing in gukbottom a minute ago. I had a knight charmed (the pat that comes into sage room) and headed towards exe room to check spawns. I only hit a couple of stairs (Z-axis?!) then headed back towards cav. By the time I got back to sage room I saw many aggro messages and had 6 frogs from the room above come down and aggro me. My assumption here is that the triangular pathing formula (is that a thing?) between Z-axis and X|Y-axis is buggy. In my opinion, an attempt for the pet to match my Z-axis on the stair,s the pet started going all whack trying to warp to me. I'm assuming there needs to be some sort of recent-coordinate-tracking-system that follows the player instead of /autofollow on <owner>. Hope this makes sense. I'm no dev/programmer, but I can deduct like a pro.