PDA

View Full Version : Necromancer in Unrest

titanshub
01-31-2014, 02:27 AM
As a level 24 Necromancer what do I need to know about grouping in Unrest? Can I find a pickup group here at this level? I haven't done much grouping so far and I am going to have to get familiar with my anti-undead spells.

I need an item from the zone for my harvester quest and I figured unrest might be an interesting place to get away from the monotony of the 6 minute bard diet.

I guess what I am asking is what do I need to know about the zone and what do I need to do as a necromancer, in a group fighting undead, to not look like a complete idiot. I don't know if I have ever even been in this zone before. Please help!

Lord_Snow
01-31-2014, 02:36 AM
As a level 24 Necromancer what do I need to know about grouping in Unrest? Can I find a pickup group here at this level? I haven't done much grouping so far and I am going to have to get familiar with my anti-undead spells.

I need an item from the zone for my harvester quest and I figured unrest might be an interesting place to get away from the monotony of the 6 minute bard diet.

I guess what I am asking is what do I need to know about the zone and what do I need to do as a necromancer, in a group fighting undead, to not look like a complete idiot. I don't know if I have ever even been in this zone before. Please help!

Go head first, at your level ooc for an MR group. I'm not familiar with what you have as spells but if you have mana dump ...use it on your casters all the time and you will be loved. Other than that, use your undead nukes and such to make things go faster, also I don't know if you can mez yet but do that to. Basically necros summed up is utility in groups. No enchanter? Sub necro. You can do the same stuff with undead that they can, you just have cooler spells and a more badass pet.

Byrjun
01-31-2014, 02:39 AM
MR = Main Room, but I'd think that might be a bit low at 24. I was doing FP (fireplace) around 20 on my SK; that might be the best place to group for you. Not sure where the Harvester drop is though.

titanshub
01-31-2014, 02:40 AM
Go head first, at your level ooc for an MR group. I'm not familiar with what you have as spells but if you have mana dump ...use it on your casters all the time and you will be loved. Other than that, use your undead nukes and such to make things go faster, also I don't know if you can mez yet but do that to. Basically necros summed up is utility in groups. No enchanter? Sub necro. You can do the same stuff with undead that they can, you just have cooler spells and a more badass pet.

What does mana dump mean?

I think the only crowd control spells I have are an undead root and a stun with a small chance to do a memory wipe.

Byrjun
01-31-2014, 02:41 AM
That "stun" (Screaming Terror) is an 18 second mez and one of your most valuable group abilities (especially if there's no Enchanter or Bard).

The "mana dump" is the twitch line, your current one is Rapacious Subversion, which costs you 200 mana to give 60 mana to someone... so it can be kinda tough to judge when it's worth using (ie. healers are oom and people are dying).

The Shadow Compact line is also super useful when grouping, especially once shamans get Cannibalize (29). That will give them a lot more mana than the twitch line. It's an 80 point (total) heal over time, which you can just lifetap back (or dispel the recourse off yourself if you wanna get really fancy).

titanshub
01-31-2014, 02:45 AM
That "stun" (Screaming Terror) is an 18 second mez and one of your most valuable group abilities.

Ahhh that's awesome. I didn't realize it lasted for 18 seconds!

Lord_Snow
01-31-2014, 02:50 AM
That "stun" (Screaming Terror) is an 18 second mez and one of your most valuable group abilities (especially if there's no Enchanter or Bard).

The "mana dump" is the twitch line, your current one is Rapacious Subversion, which costs you 200 mana to give 60 mana to someone... so it can be kinda tough to judge when it's worth using (ie. healers are oom and people are dying).

The Shadow Compact line is also super useful when grouping, especially once shamans get Cannibalize (29). That will give them a lot more mana than the twitch line. It's an 80 point (total) heal over time, which you can just lifetap back (or dispel the recourse off yourself if you wanna get really fancy).

Thanks man, just thanks.... I tried :(

titanshub
01-31-2014, 02:55 AM
You guys are awesome. This is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks :)

It looks like Dominate Undead and Rest of the Dead might be useful as well! I need more than 8 spell slots.

Lord_Snow
01-31-2014, 03:05 AM
You guys are awesome. This is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks :)

It looks like Dominate Undead and Rest of the Dead might be useful as well! I need more than 8 spell slots.

That's always the problem! Hahaha

Whoop
01-31-2014, 05:49 AM
I need more than 8 spell slots.

I kind liked that on live that they kept the 8-slots for so long. Everything else got so pumped up with high numbers but not that. When was the 9th and 10th added?

Jimjam
01-31-2014, 06:25 AM
I don't know exactly, but I feel 9 was around PoP and 10 was much later.

On my shaman I found the 9th one was very useful, the 10th was un-needed/overkill because there were so many pseudo-spell AA and clickies that could be used instead of spell gems.

Floraline
01-31-2014, 08:45 AM
Also, the Main Room is usually the camp right before the fireplace room. It usually goes: Outside, MR, FP, then upstairs, I believe. The fireplace room is the 2nd level, upstairs is the 3rd level.

Tecmos Deception
01-31-2014, 09:09 AM
The bar is about the same level as the fireplace camp (mobs are like... 22-24? watch out for the skeletal monks, they are nasty!). Upstairs and downstairs are a bit higher (hand thing, werebats, etc), plus you can run into hags (level 29ish wizards) in a couple of the spawnpoints downstairs. Further downstairs you get tentacle terror dudes too, and they are like level 30-31 with the annoying knockback and stuff. There are hags (and a named SK) in the tower, also.

Don't waste your time twitching/mana dumping people unless it's like, a situation where the cleric needs mana for one more heal or else the group is going to wipe... or maybe if someone is oom and you're not and everyone is taking a med break anyway. The rest of the time you're more efficient just using your mana directly on undead nukes and snares and stuff. The shadow compact spells make or break a necro's performance in a group, imo; use them well and you are awesome, don't use them and you're lame!

Swish
01-31-2014, 09:28 AM
For grouping generally keep your heal over time, screaming terror mez spell (if you have it yet), and for here your undead charm/nuke memmed. Charmed pets are massive dps compared to your 24 pet :p Just don't charm any high level mobs (standard ghouls probably ok but they might root you when charm breaks :p)

If you're looking for an alternative consider the WW giant fort :)