PDA

View Full Version : 55+ enchanter solo spots

Darkyle
01-30-2014, 06:23 AM
Hit a brick wall in terms of soloing. I'm no grandmaster here btw so not looking for anything too hard!

I've done a few forum searches and haven't come up with anywhere. All input appreciated.

Edit: what does an enchanter do for Chardok AoE? Never done that before all I know is they stun, thanks!

Tecmos Deception
01-30-2014, 07:32 AM
Gotta work on your searchfu! I'm sure there are multiple threads (and wiki guides) talking about 55+ chanter solo.

But yeah, HS entrance is probably the primo location for you. Maybe the basement too/instead. You could also probably do higher-level camps in lguk, freeti, KC, or the entry area of the hole. Chanters pretty much need to be 58+ for chardok ae.

Darkyle
01-30-2014, 07:50 AM
I read your post on HS and it sounded a little above my skillcap :P.. Maybe I'll get keyed for it and give it a shot lol. Thanks for the suggestions.

Tecmos Deception
01-30-2014, 07:59 AM
The entrance to HS is pretty easy. You get easy pulls of 2 mobs that are the same levels as each other, making it easy to let them beat each other down to 5% (help them stay even a little if they need it with a languid pace or something partway through the fight), then you finish them both off for full xp. After you clear the 2 wandering mobs at the entrance you even have a pretty large amount of room to work with.

The only 2 tricks with HS entrance are 1) don't go anywhere near or let your pets go anywhere near the east stairway or you will aggro the high-level mob that paths back and forth up there and 2) skeletons who spawn on the entrance platform will harmtouch for 430ish.

Darkyle
01-30-2014, 08:01 AM
Okay, gonna work on getting keyed for this and give it a shot, that's another story though!

Tecmos Deception
01-30-2014, 08:05 AM
Lol. I seem to recall dying to Xalgoz once with Tecmos when I went to get my key. That was when I learned that runes do not protect you from DoTs!

Darkyle
01-30-2014, 08:31 AM
I'm almost down to him now, found that out on the way there though :P thank the lord lol

Darkyle
01-30-2014, 12:03 PM
Ok got in the place fine, killed the 2 patrols on the platform which were thankfully the lil sperm dudes so I had invisi up, killed those guys and looted the key.

Cleared the first 2 golems and then proceeded to calm the room ahead and single pull a skeleton and another lil sperm dude to kill. The skeleton harmtouched me and it took like 60% of my health, cleared them both fine but is there any way to avoid the HT damage other than a rune every single time? Will be expensive to keep casting rune =D

Exmo
01-30-2014, 12:09 PM
The skeleton harmtouched me and it took like 60% of my health, cleared them both fine but is there any way to avoid the HT damage other than a rune every single time? Will be expensive to keep casting rune =D

Nope, HS costs dots, just a fact of Life. Rune lasts a long time however, so plan on allowing your charm pets to eat HT's whenever possible.

Daldaen
01-30-2014, 12:10 PM
Use Rune3 which is a jasper or have your pet engage HTing mobs instead of you.

Darkyle
01-30-2014, 12:16 PM
cool that sounds like a good plan, also I suppose risky but could work more often than fails, is to charm without tash and then use the HT on the other mob?

Darkyle
01-30-2014, 12:22 PM
I guess I could keep my top slot free for berserker spirit too and use that to take initial damage and the other rune as a blanket for oh shit moments.

kingsBlend
01-30-2014, 12:36 PM
I lived in HS from 55 up. Your best bet is the basement. Once you feel comfortable there with single pulls and eating the HT's with your charmed mob test your luck on the north wing. Don't forget that you can use Theft of Thought on most of the skele mobs for less downtime!! You should eventually be able to camp the 3 named rooms and keep the camp broken well for easy pulls. Also, this is where I was able to farm enough loot (Adamantite Clubs) to save for a Goblin Ghazugi Ring, one of the best investments you can make as an ENC ! Just don't be afraid to die, every death is a learning experience :D

Darkyle
01-30-2014, 12:38 PM
I lived in HS from 55 up. Your best bet is the basement. Once you feel comfortable there with single pulls and eating the HT's with your charmed mob test your luck on the north wing. Don't forget that you can use Theft of Thought on most of the skele mobs for less downtime!! You should eventually be able to camp the 3 named rooms and keep the camp broken well for easy pulls. Also, this is where I was able to farm enough loot (Adamantite Clubs) to save for a Goblin Ghazugi Ring, one of the best investments you can make as an ENC ! Just don't be afraid to die, every death is a learning experience :D

Thanks :) planning to move into north when I've spent a good few hours in the entrance, I really feel like I'm not a strong enchanter and still need to practice a lot. However getting keyed to this place alone helped me improve a few skills I was rusty on (since I haven't played my enchanter in a long time :D)

Tecmos Deception
01-30-2014, 01:32 PM
Nope, HS costs dots, just a fact of Life. Rune lasts a long time however, so plan on allowing your charm pets to eat HT's whenever possible.

You should almost never eat a HT. The only reason you ever should is if you get a lull fail, or your mez leading off combat resists (which should almost never happen), or you are sitting where a mob with HT respawns cause you weren't paying attention to spawn times and/or where you were sitting.

Tecmos Deception
01-30-2014, 01:35 PM
Ok got in the place fine, killed the 2 patrols on the platform which were thankfully the lil sperm dudes so I had invisi up, killed those guys and looted the key.

Cleared the first 2 golems and then proceeded to calm the room ahead and single pull a skeleton and another lil sperm dude to kill. The skeleton harmtouched me and it took like 60% of my health, cleared them both fine but is there any way to avoid the HT damage other than a rune every single time? Will be expensive to keep casting rune =D

So you went into HS north and were trying to pull the first room in there where there are 4 mobs spawned in corners? I try to lull HTers first (so if you manage to lull 1 then get a crit fail, at least it is one fewer HT you're going to eat) and pull others first. If you have to engage a HTer, lead off by mezzing the HTer. Then you can stun, mez, tash the other mob when it comes to you, remez the HTer, charm the other mob, blur/root/whatever HTer, sic pet on him.

I wouldn't mess around in north at all, not even the first room until you have kind of progressed through learning entrance and basement. I don't think clearing more than 1 named room is realistic until you are probably 56-57+. Before then you'll be stretched awfully thin making sure you don't accidentally pull a whole room by aggroing a pather in the hallway or getting in trouble with charm breaks or lull crit fails.

Darkyle
01-30-2014, 01:42 PM
So you went into HS north and were trying to pull the first room in there where there are 4 mobs spawned in corners? I try to lull HTers first (so if you manage to lull 1 then get a crit fail, at least it is one fewer HT you're going to eat) and pull others first. If you have to engage a HTer, lead off by mezzing the HTer. Then you can stun, mez, tash the other mob when it comes to you, remez the HTer, charm the other mob, blur/root/whatever HTer, sic pet on him.

I wouldn't mess around in north at all, not even the first room until you have kind of progressed through learning entrance and basement. I don't think clearing more than 1 named room is realistic until you are probably 56-57+. Before then you'll be stretched awfully thin making sure you don't accidentally pull a whole room by aggroing a pather in the hallway or getting in trouble with charm breaks or lull crit fails.

I managed to actually clear out the first room, but it cost me half my health as I failed to remember the undead HT. I was just asking for a way to cover that as I didn't want to be using a peridot every 10-15 mins..

I think I'm not brave enough to go any further than that but as I am struggling to kill more than 4 golems + the pats in the entrance I just kind of gave that a shot so I have a somewhat safe spot ( in between the golems and the 4 room ) to afk, obviously with DE Hide + IVU.

In terms of clearing that anyway my plan so far is to just lull the entire room one by one and then charm one of the skeletons to pull, so I can avoid the HT and when pulling a bottomless feaster if one is up blow his HT on that.

I did try to clear more than 4 golems but I got repops on the zone in and some unlucky root breaks but managed to gate at 6% hp :D