PDA

View Full Version : Longest time on EQ ever

fuji
08-04-2010, 12:32 AM
What has been your longest consecutive play time on EQ, either live on p1999?

Once back in the day spent a long weekend doing an air raid, one of those days being 16hrs straight. I remember standing up at the end of it and almost falling over because my legs were locked. I also got nothing out of the raid really and remembering why did I even go at all, oh the memories.

Reiker
08-04-2010, 12:35 AM
air raid... 16hrs straight... I also got nothing out of the raid...

Yeah, sums up Sky (which I assume you meant, not Air) pretty well.

eqdruid76
08-04-2010, 12:37 AM
36 hours in September 2001. I was constipated, so I didn't need a poopsock. :)

Straif
08-04-2010, 12:39 AM
42 Hour Raster camp in L.Guk...

It's pretty much the reason I didn't make a monk on this server.

Mountaineer
08-04-2010, 12:43 AM
PoGrowth Raid. Was like 14 hours or so. We were trying to clear for Tunare and we were going slow/waiting for repops from the previous guild that cleared it. Took us forever, we almost got done clearing, and we started to get repops again. Cleared some more, rushed Tunare, and wiped. Cleared some more again, rushed Tunare again, and wiped again. Then there were too many repops....and it was like 11am the next morning and we called it quits. Damn you Ail the Elder!!

Dirtnap
08-04-2010, 02:30 AM
I once went like 3 days straight. I however took breaks to use the restroom.

RKromwell
08-04-2010, 02:44 AM
Eight to ten hours a day for three days in solb. The entire time I was the puller in my group, that was how I got out of level 45. After that weekend, I quit playing for three months I was so sick of the game.

eqdruid76
08-04-2010, 02:48 AM
PoGrowth Raid. Was like 14 hours or so. We were trying to clear for Tunare and we were going slow/waiting for repops from the previous guild that cleared it. Took us forever, we almost got done clearing, and we started to get repops again. Cleared some more, rushed Tunare, and wiped. Cleared some more again, rushed Tunare again, and wiped again. Then there were too many repops....and it was like 11am the next morning and we called it quits. Damn you Ail the Elder!!

Wiiiigitywoggetyboo!

Bubbles
08-04-2010, 03:00 AM
63 hours.. at frenzied.. this weekend.

Before that maybe 12-14 the first time I camped Jboots in Najena on live.

Kinda blew my previous best out of the water.

Nightblade
08-04-2010, 03:55 AM
49 hours straight, no rest at Discos in Sebilis, doing the 59->60 grind.

Diet consisted of Pepsi Blue, corn dogs, and the occasional sandwich.

RKromwell
08-04-2010, 03:58 AM
49 hours straight, no rest at Discos in Sebilis, doing the 59->60 grind.

Diet consisted of Pepsi Blue, corn dogs, and the occasional sandwich.

How are you still alive?

Nightblade
08-04-2010, 04:01 AM
I'm not saying I didn't somehow -pay- for the sleep deprivation or the horrible diet. It was just how I made it through that horrible leveling crunch.

I slept for about 19 hours starting roughly 10 minutes after dinging 60 and finding a place to camp. Felt like victory.

Dreadder
08-04-2010, 04:03 AM
During Luclin I camped my full suit of Elysian gear for my druid in about 72 hours played time... over an 80 hour period or so. Those 8 hours were naps split up amongst the 72. I was a teenager and school was out. :o

Uaellaen
08-04-2010, 05:35 AM
like ... 46 hours on p1999 EE camp for manastone ... actualy did it 2 times, but the second time i took 20 min naps between each pop after 30ish hours *LOL*

Kraun
08-04-2010, 07:30 AM
108 hours camping SMR. It never dropped and i could not stay awake any longer so i went to sleep for 48 hours.

Morlaeth
08-04-2010, 07:33 AM
108 hours camping SMR. It never dropped and i could not stay awake any longer so i went to sleep for 48 hours.

jesus.

azeth
08-04-2010, 07:44 AM
I almost don't want to quantify the length of my Lodizal camp in hours. It lasted 6 days though, 6 entire days, 24 hours a day with at the most 9-10 hours of sleep.

Kick in the balls - Map piece was ninja looted by Hallertau, who acknowledged ninja looting it and evaded any consequence from his guild/GM's.

edit: by Lodizal camp, I meant Lodizal poopsock :)

Alcandre
08-04-2010, 07:58 AM

sounds like the exact raid i was on... morell-thule primal evolution?

Messianic
08-04-2010, 08:05 AM
Geeze. And I thought my 50+ hour grind in my mid-50s was impressive.

Troy
08-04-2010, 08:52 AM
You guys need help.

Seeatee
08-04-2010, 09:33 AM
around 70ish hours give or take camping storm feather in iceclad for my warrior, only going afk for bathroom breaks.

when I went to camp him for my ranger alt, i was there maybe 20 minutes and he spawned.

Rogean
08-04-2010, 09:59 AM
When combine opened I spent like a week and a half grinding to 50, only taking short 3-5 hour naps on my desk while LFG.

Overcast
08-04-2010, 10:00 AM
Maybe.. straight in a row.. a 20 hour PoAir raid. I usually required sleep, lol.

I'd just rather call it quits at a certain point and come back in the morning, etc. I'm not one that's too good at staying up for extended periods without sleep.

guineapig
08-04-2010, 10:07 AM
I could not imagine even the shortest of these durations. I would go insane.

Overcast
08-04-2010, 10:10 AM

Many of us are, I think.

Malrubius
08-04-2010, 10:14 AM

Same here. 8 hours or so is the most I ever played straight. And that was grouped with friends on a dungeon crawl...so it was a lot of fun and the time went by fast.

PhelanKA
08-04-2010, 10:17 AM
I spent about 12-14 hours (or more... I wasn't really counting) on the Ancient Cyclops in SRO last weekend. I started late in the morning on Sunday. I sat all damn day there getting timers down and all that biz. Well, 2AM Monday morning eventually rolled around and I had to work in about 5 hours so I said "One more try". 9PM gametime came and BINGO! Got the AC and I went to bed a happy man :)

Seein that stupid, one eyed, yellow hippy bastard pop up made all those hours worth it.

Jeice
08-04-2010, 10:18 AM
used to regularly play for 24+ hours when I was much younger. 8 of us would have a LAN party every weekend at the same friends house and play from friday night to sunday with little or no sleep.

I try and not do that anymore, though last week when I found this server I did play for about 14 hours straight...

Kizzik
08-04-2010, 10:41 AM
I did a 14 hour exp session the other day, fueled by huge amounts of antihistamines, coffee, and booze. I don't remember much of it but apparently not too many people died.

I'm finding I have more of an attention span than I did when I played on live, older and wiser (and more boozier) I guess.

azeth
08-04-2010, 10:42 AM
I did a 14 hour exp session the other day, fueled by huge amounts of antihistamines, coffee, and booze. I don't remember much of it but apparently not too many people died.

I'm finding I have more of an attention span than I did when I played on live, older and wiser (and more boozier) I guess.

curious b/c i want to compare it to me and kashi's duo xp -

In your 14 hr sess, what was your group size? level range? where did you fight? what class are you? what classes were in your group? and how much XP did you gain?

Arclanz
08-04-2010, 10:59 AM
36 hours. not at any one camp; just playing. I was low level, probably between 8 and 12. By sunup of that third day I was quite literally passing out. Never fell asleep at the keyboard tho. I don't know if I believe folks stayed up for longer than 36 hours without taking a nap here or there.

The longest camp I've done is Drezla, by far (for Jboots). Plane raids back in the day were easily 14 hour affairs.

Arclanz
08-04-2010, 11:02 AM
I spent about 12-14 hours (or more... I wasn't really counting) on the Ancient Cyclops in SRO last weekend. I started late in the morning on Sunday. I sat all damn day there getting timers down and all that biz. Well, 2AM Monday morning eventually rolled around and I had to work in about 5 hours so I said "One more try". 9PM gametime came and BINGO! Got the AC and I went to bed a happy man :)

Seein that stupid, one eyed, yellow hippy bastard pop up made all those hours worth it.

True, nothing can beat the thrill of finally seing that rare spawn, spawn !!

Aarone
08-04-2010, 11:05 AM
True, nothing can beat the thrill of finally seing that rare spawn, spawn !!

Except, possibly, the agony of realizing it didn't drop what you needed! :eek:

I remember a 13+ hour CR on a Plane of Fear raid gone to hell, back in the day. After that, I was with Overcast, logging off once I realized I couldn't feel the flow of blood to my ass and legs anymore.

I wonder how many pulmonary embolisms have been caused by too much EQ'ing, over the years? ;)

Dac321
08-04-2010, 11:34 AM
I remember 12 hours being easy. At the end of the day, I'd kind of feel bad.. knowing I sat at the computer for the entire time. But, obviously I didn't regret it enough, because I' m back.. lol

Kizzik
08-04-2010, 11:37 AM
curious b/c i want to compare it to me and kashi's duo xp -

In your 14 hr sess, what was your group size? level range? where did you fight? what class are you? what classes were in your group? and how much XP did you gain?

3 and 1/2.

Falisaty
08-04-2010, 11:50 AM
4 day weekend in the military spent 72 hours of it on EQ with my office buddies who were in my guild

toyodafenninro
08-04-2010, 12:12 PM
I have two examples.

The first involved multiple players. It was 2000 and we were working on the newly released epic quests. I needed the blue crystal staff from phinney and my friends and I, working in shifts from one residence, killed him in sequence five or six times to finally get it. It took a three day weekend. Ugh...

The second was camping stormfeather with one of the same friends (who also plays on P99). He had already put 18 hours in and was tired, so I took over and the mob spawned a few hours later. I was in the room the whole time doing my own thing on twink toons, so technically it was a stretch.

fuji
08-04-2010, 12:13 PM

For an SMR? Really? I remember buying one during Kunark for like 1.5k.

fuji
08-04-2010, 12:19 PM
I have two examples.

The first involved multiple players. It was 2000 and we were working on the newly released epic quests. I needed the blue crystal staff from phinney and my friends and I, working in shifts from one residence, killed him in sequence five or six times to finally get it. It took a three day weekend. Ugh...

The second was camping stormfeather with one of the same friends (who also plays on P99). He had already put 18 hours in and was tired, so I took over and the mob spawned a few hours later. I was in the room the whole time doing my own thing on twink toons, so technically it was a stretch.

Yeah Phinney was a bitch and no one wanted to help you because everyone hated swimming the whole time. I remember when our necro DLed on one and half the group died because they didnt have any breathing spells.

Supreme
08-04-2010, 12:28 PM
71 hours Pained Soul.

Eyry
08-04-2010, 12:56 PM
Was a freshman in college playing my level 70 bard. I was doing all the evolution gear quests. It was fun as hell. Got on right after class which was about 5pm and stayed on till 7am. That maybe was not the longest I have been on consecutively but it sure as hell felt long. I never pull all nighters.

largent
08-04-2010, 02:31 PM
This thread makes me want to quit immediately ><

Malrubius
08-04-2010, 02:38 PM
This thread makes me want to quit immediately ><

I hear ya, but really, you can have a HELL of a lot of fun playing EQ casually. Way more fun than the games that are actually geared towards casual players.

Bubbles
08-04-2010, 03:43 PM
Something to look forward to:

I spent a ton of time in Karnors Castle when Kunark came out, helping guild members complete their VP key... "Hail, Venril Sathir's Remains".

Allizia
08-04-2010, 04:35 PM
On a side note, I never really saw anyone pass out or start typing with their forehead on P1999.

In classic this happened all the time, especially when you spent an hour+ buffing for Naggy and logging out to chat so they didn't fade etc.

Overcast
08-04-2010, 04:47 PM
I hear ya, but really, you can have a HELL of a lot of fun playing EQ casually. Way more fun than the games that are actually geared towards casual players.

Yeah - I play 98% of the time 'casually' - a few hours each night... What I can on the weekend. But on occasion, I'll get time for more 'marathon' play.

While I was unemployed during EQLive for a while, I'd get up each morning - make coffee - spend an hour or two putting out resumes/job searching.

Then the rest of the day... EQ

Verterdegete
08-04-2010, 05:20 PM
Omg... -_-'

So... Whats the average time length of one raid session ?

JackOfSpades
08-04-2010, 05:23 PM
I played during live and I thought my 15 hours in one day was a long time 0_o this thread is just crazy.

azeth
08-04-2010, 05:24 PM
Omg... -_-'

So... Whats the average time length of one raid session ?

Welll... insert smarmy response here

In all honesty it completely varies. There's a dragon named Nagafen who beginning to end takes about an hour. Other areas however require the entire zone to have been emptied/killed to engage enemy XYZ.

guineapig
08-04-2010, 06:05 PM
Just to clarify for people, there is no raid currently on Project1999 that takes more than a couple hours to complete.

The closest we have is Fear and Hate. Those can take a 3-4 hours to clear out a full spawn. It all depends on how many groups you have and your DPS. The zones however are rarely full pop these days.

What we have instead is people leaving their characters in a zone for 3-5 days to be first in line to kill a raid boss. It's not the same thing and doesn't count as usually they are not even near their computers or are alt-tabbed doing something else.

The Plane of Sky will be the first LONG ASS RAID on this server but (if done properly), no guild should be able to get to the last Island till Kunark is released and their members are all level 60 or damn near close to it.