PDA

View Full Version : Brad McQuaid AMA

sox7d
01-29-2014, 05:12 PM
http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/1whvd2/i_am_brad_mcquaid_one_of_the_creators_of/

He's killing me with these short dumb answers...

hatelore
01-29-2014, 05:22 PM
Omg, that looks badass. Funny too that it is named Pantheon. On the Innoruuk server there was a pretty well respected guild named The Pantheon, it turned out later that everyone found out the leader of the guild was an actual GM.

I can;t wait to find out more about this game, It looks pretty damn cool.

fadetree
01-29-2014, 05:24 PM
And you may see me on PJ1999 -- we're talking with them right now about some cool ideas. More on this later.

Holy shit!

heartbrand
01-29-2014, 05:47 PM
Brad is awful gonna lol when this never happens

Rooj
01-29-2014, 06:24 PM
Richard Garriott of Ultima Online has been doing the same thing with his game... Logging into emu servers and talking with the community about Shroud of the Avatar.

Darasin
01-29-2014, 10:04 PM
I thought Brad had a lot of good answers and answered almost all of my questions on the game. Maybe read a little deeper? Reddit is just terrible on its own.

Byrjun
01-29-2014, 11:02 PM
Aradune Mithara is going to ride into EC tunnel on his mighty steed to herald the arrival of Velious.

drktmplr12
01-30-2014, 11:17 AM
How can you guys get upset that concrete details aren't available? The game is still in the preliminary planning stages. They don't even have concept art yet and you guys are complaining about his short answers..

This AMA is a planning/development tool (crowdsourcing, we do it here). He can't spend 10 minutes on each response if he wants everyone's questions/concerns to get addressed. I promise you he will log all of the AMA and use it for development. That's why I think his answers are shorter.. he wants the community to discuss. For me, his answers are fine.. They tell me exactly what I want to know: when is beta planned, epic quests, meaningful travel, meaningful groups, no quest hubs, corpse runs, less levels but more advancement per level, combat pacing, etc.

He is obv. using reddit to spread the word, which is exactly what he should be doing at this point. They need funds to develop further. With the business model they are running, they will be answering to the KS community and not corporate because that's who they plan to fund it. Projects like these will take longer. However, they also will (should) be more what players are looking for, which is why people generally will help by donating.