PDA

View Full Version : Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen

Rogean
01-28-2014, 11:59 PM
https://www.project1999.com/pantheonpost.png (https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1588672538/pantheon-rise-of-the-fallen)

Unless you've been hiding under a rock the last few weeks, you know that Brad Mcquaid, the creator of Everquest, Vanguard, and generally one of the pioneers of the industry, is creating a new MMO called Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen (https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1588672538/pantheon-rise-of-the-fallen).

Brad has stated that the goal of his new MMO is, among other things, to bring back the great features that forged Everquest, such as the difficulty and challenge, to a new modern day MMO. Since Project 1999 has worked hard to recapture those days, the player bases between our project and Brad's new game share many things in common, and thus has gathered much interest from the devs and players.

So we are excited to announce that we will be holding a Project 1999 Round Table Discussion with the developers of Pantheon, including Brad Mcquaid, Salim Grant, and Ben de la Durantaye, to discuss their project and gather support to help fund the kickstarter. This informal / casual broadcast will happen live on Saturday, February 1st, at 7 PM Eastern (4 PM Pacific) at http://www.twitch.tv/sirkenp99.

All Project 1999 players and Pantheon supporters are encouraged to drop by, as there will be special announcements and giveaways throughout the session. Don't miss this!

See you there!

a_gnoll_pup
01-29-2014, 12:04 AM
amazing. looking forward to this!

SwordNboard
01-29-2014, 12:09 AM
Very cool guys! Way to go!

Fame
01-29-2014, 12:12 AM
Very great news! You guys do a awesome job! Congrats

Pringles
01-29-2014, 12:16 AM
Very cool! Can't wait.

Roadblock
01-29-2014, 12:21 AM
This is easily news worthy of being in the MOTD on login, seems the MOTD hasn't been changed in months anyhow.

Wrathis
01-29-2014, 12:29 AM
Can we get a link to the kickstarter on here too?

Nocsucow
01-29-2014, 12:31 AM
wow this is huge

Ambrotos
01-29-2014, 12:33 AM
Can we get a link to the kickstarter on here too?

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1588672538/pantheon-rise-of-the-fallen

batkiller
01-29-2014, 12:42 AM
:-D

justin2090
01-29-2014, 01:11 AM
did i ever mention how much i love this server

Bamz4l
01-29-2014, 01:12 AM
I already plan on backing the project in a week, when i get back home (on vacation in Florida)

r00t
01-29-2014, 01:13 AM
pretty awesome can't wait for this

Razdeline
01-29-2014, 02:35 AM
The dungeon designer they have did all of Sebilis, and said he is going to make seb "Look like a playground". He also did work on Velious along with someone else on the team.

Shinko
01-29-2014, 02:46 AM
can we just emu this game? since i really don't want to pay for an mmo

Telron
01-29-2014, 02:58 AM
*gasp*. My hopes are ready to be dashed! Do not disappoint Brad = ) In all seriousness though. Looks rad as mother eff bomb.

Gustoo
01-29-2014, 03:44 AM
Dear Sirken or any PvP staff member: plz beg for PvP.
Please.

Messie
01-29-2014, 04:15 AM
Dear GMs,

This is awesome to hear. I was just reading and checking out their kick starter yesterday. Looks like an amazing game and if they are willing to talk to you it shows their incentive to be the next true "player dedicated" game. No run of the mill BS.

Rogean, I know you probably won't see this question, but how did this come about? Did you contact them or they contact you? Do they know how relevant p99 is to hardcore players? Have they played on P99?

So excited about this. Congrats.

Lartanin63
01-29-2014, 04:27 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBqgxq-uYfQ
Here is a link to a interview that may give you some insight on what questions you may want to ask during the sit down.

Xelris
01-29-2014, 04:59 AM
Honestly think this has a much better chance of success than EQN. Perhaps they've learned the mistakes made in Vanguard, and with the knowhow of what is needed for a true spiritual sequel to EQ1 might actually deliver a game worth playing.

"We shall see", said the Grandmaster.

Greegon
01-29-2014, 05:01 AM
1st Question:

How much of Velious will they help with?

lewl'd

Zithax
01-29-2014, 05:28 AM
HOLY FUG I want this

Godefroi
01-29-2014, 06:09 AM
What can I say ? P99 really is the best emu ever created, of the best mmo ever!

Let's support those guys and this new project.

Archestratie
01-29-2014, 06:37 AM
Awesome, looking forward to this.

Ciel
01-29-2014, 07:15 AM
Very cool!

Origin
01-29-2014, 08:23 AM
On board. Looking forward to this cooperation and development of Pantheon.

Babayaaga
01-29-2014, 09:17 AM
As an added bonus to platform variety, It's being developed for Windows and Mac natively. (Or at the very least we won't have to deal with messy wrappers ourselves).

Nephazz
01-29-2014, 09:44 AM
"Rise of the Fallen"? Come on...

Tiggles
01-29-2014, 09:44 AM
Fantastic!

Good work Rogean did you set this up at SOE Live?

I'll be there i'm looking forward to the game.

Yinaltin
01-29-2014, 10:10 AM
i wouldnt be much surprised to hear that some of the devs or original everquest producers were playing on p1999 the last years cause there was no real "back in the days" feeling around on any other server inkluding the real eq servers. only on p99 :)

Striiker
01-29-2014, 10:44 AM
In exchange for hosting the discussion and getting people helping the kickstart, Brad has to agree to help with some of the finer mechanics of P1999 and hand over a copy he has of the early code!! Win-win! :) (hey, I can dream)

I'm looking forward to seeing what this game turns out to be.

neolfex
01-29-2014, 10:51 AM
bad ass

Awwalike
01-29-2014, 11:08 AM
will tune in to this!

toomanypills
01-29-2014, 11:22 AM
This looks awesome!

Genedin
01-29-2014, 11:37 AM
Man.... they sure have a lot of funding to go and they are already 50% through the kickstarter time.......I wouldn't get too excited.

Bakaris
01-29-2014, 11:58 AM
Apprently, I have lived under a rocked. Backed!

Bruman
01-29-2014, 12:18 PM
Man.... they sure have a lot of funding to go and they are already 50% through the kickstarter time.......I wouldn't get too excited.

It's worse than that. This is to "get things started". He suspects it to take a total of $7-8 million to make the game. The rest is supposed to come from publishers / other VC.

Derubael
01-29-2014, 12:34 PM
Pantheon is an important project to the MMORPG community, particularly for the people like us who feel most MMO's lately have been 'catering to the masses',and it's essential to the future of the MMORPG industry and out interests as gamers that we take the time to notice projects like this and vote with our dollars by backing their Kickstarter.

There are so many reasons why this project is deserving of your hard earned dollars, but I won't get into a huge list right now. To answer a couple questions above,

- We contacted them after following the project on Kickstarter and hearing some of their interviews

- YES! They absolutely know how important Project 1999 is to the hardcore players. We and people who desire to game like us are the target audience for this game.

- I won't comment on whether or not they play here, but go watch some of their previous interviews to find out if they do ;)

- The Kickstarter only being about a 1/3 of the way there right now isn't relevant to whether or not they will reach their goal. Many Kickstarters see a huge surge in backers towards the end of a funding run. We're all hoping we can push them closer to their goal by raising awareness and showing you guys this is a big deal.

Pantheon is a big deal. If you're tired of WoW clones or other MMORPG's that cater to the masses, this is your chance to send a clear message that we want different games. Be sure to watch the interview live!

Rhuobhe
01-29-2014, 12:43 PM
good that you posted this.

baalzy
01-29-2014, 01:16 PM
One of those nerds has got to have a code repository from Velious on an old laptop or something somewhere.

Get it and pull the proper melee/resist mechanics & all the quest scripts from it.

Do it!

Telin
01-29-2014, 01:18 PM
Brad is doing a good job reaching out to the right communities!

Rogean
01-29-2014, 01:23 PM
One of those nerds has got to have a code repository from Velious on an old laptop or something somewhere.

That would be illegal and put themselves and their new company at risk of a lawsuit.

moklianne
01-29-2014, 01:53 PM
Thanks for posting this guys.

Clark
01-29-2014, 01:59 PM
Sweet! Heard about this game last week.

Nads
01-29-2014, 02:13 PM
Rise of the Fallen, though? Such a cliche name. I would have rather it be just Pantheon.

Shiftin
01-29-2014, 02:19 PM
- I won't comment on whether or not they play here, but go watch some of their previous interviews to find out if they do ;)

I watched most of the interviews, nothing like this comes up. be more specific.

Titanx
01-29-2014, 02:39 PM
Can we get a recap done afterwards for those of us who won't be around for this?

Grambo58
01-29-2014, 02:59 PM
I'm cautiously optimistic. I thought Vanguard was going to be the spiritual successor to EQ as well...

Kluren
01-29-2014, 03:16 PM
GREAT news! I just pledged and am following.

Come on all, the Verant era community has gotta get in on this. This is the true Next.

Bruman
01-29-2014, 03:25 PM
I watched most of the interviews, nothing like this comes up. be more specific.

In the MMO Buff twitch video Salim Grant talked about playing here - but it was just like...last week or something, not like they've been playing here for years or anything. I think they just fired it up to check it out a little bit for nostalgia.

Agecroft
01-29-2014, 03:36 PM
Awesome! Very cool of you guys to arrange this!

Backed Pantheon and look forward to it getting funded!

Nuggie
01-29-2014, 03:57 PM
WoT is top shelf behind him in the first interview. I approve. Would have been nice if the light wasn't putting a glare on some of the other titles.

Scarboar
01-29-2014, 05:06 PM
Brad McQuaid is doing an AMA right now...

Get in on it...

http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/1whvd2/i_am_brad_mcquaid_one_of_the_creators_of/

Derubael
01-29-2014, 05:08 PM
It's worse than that. This is to "get things started". He suspects it to take a total of $7-8 million to make the game. The rest is supposed to come from publishers / other VC.

Show a desire for this kind of game to be made by voting with your dollars, and it will happen. I highly recommend everyone read up on their Kickstarter page as to what this game is all about. It screams classic in every sense of the word.

This is an extremely talented team of developers working on this project, with involvement in the original Everquest, it's expansions, and a multitude of other titles.

If you want games like this to be made, we need to send a clear message that the demand is there. We are the audience they are trying to reach, so let's show them our support.

Eldaran
01-29-2014, 05:17 PM
please Tunare don't let me forget about this!

Jarnauga
01-29-2014, 05:27 PM
OK GUYS, YOU GOT ME.

I'm Brad McQuaid.

i'll be accepting your offerings in EC tunnel all week.

QuantumZebra
01-29-2014, 05:36 PM
Brad is doing an AMA on reddit right now: http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/1whvd2/i_am_brad_mcquaid_one_of_the_creators_of/

Brad McQuaid is doing an AMA right now...

Get in on it...

http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/1whvd2/i_am_brad_mcquaid_one_of_the_creators_of/

damnit

Yinaltin
01-29-2014, 05:52 PM
i like that p1999 is mentioned couple of times on this reddit interview. looking forward to see wahts behind that "And you may see me on PJ1999 -- we're talking with them right now about some cool ideas." thing . rogean give us a headsup :) crossservertells ? easteregg p1999 zone ? :D

Rec
01-29-2014, 06:22 PM
Lightning doing more damage in a storm. Go druids

Cyph
01-29-2014, 09:14 PM
Very cool :) I have high hopes that one day we'll get a new game like old EQ :)

Nune
01-29-2014, 09:33 PM
I CAN HAS BRAD TALKS?

veejur
01-29-2014, 10:53 PM
This is easily news worthy of being in the MOTD on login, seems the MOTD hasn't been changed in months anyhow.

^ This. They need to raise more money folks!

Oleris
01-29-2014, 11:27 PM
maybe he has a completed velious code he can give us in exchange? :)

Brad_mo123
01-30-2014, 01:07 AM

Sirken is Brad McQuaid. Doesn't everyone already know this?

choklo
01-30-2014, 03:34 AM
I can't think of a more promising game for us EQ/p1999 fans. Let's not let this one slip away. Thanks for the link. Pledge sent.

Bruman
01-30-2014, 09:52 AM
Show a desire for this kind of game to be made by voting with your dollars, and it will happen. I highly recommend everyone read up on their Kickstarter page as to what this game is all about. It screams classic in every sense of the word.

This is an extremely talented team of developers working on this project, with involvement in the original Everquest, it's expansions, and a multitude of other titles.

If you want games like this to be made, we need to send a clear message that the demand is there. We are the audience they are trying to reach, so let's show them our support.

I did pledge, on day 1 actually. But their team hasn't been inspiring confidence. It seems like it's all designers and idea people, with only one actual developer, which is a very bass-ackwards way to start an indie game. It bleeds money.

I really hope I turn out to be wrong though.

Kluren
01-30-2014, 10:13 AM
I did pledge, on day 1 actually. But their team hasn't been inspiring confidence. It seems like it's all designers and idea people, with only one actual developer, which is a very bass-ackwards way to start an indie game. It bleeds money.

I really hope I turn out to be wrong though.

Wow.

How do you think they made Classic Everquest? ...

Rec
01-30-2014, 10:24 AM
lots o addons

Messie
01-30-2014, 10:34 AM
Pantheon is an important project to the MMORPG community, particularly for the people like us who feel most MMO's lately have been 'catering to the masses',and it's essential to the future of the MMORPG industry and out interests as gamers that we take the time to notice projects like this and vote with our dollars by backing their Kickstarter.

There are so many reasons why this project is deserving of your hard earned dollars, but I won't get into a huge list right now. To answer a couple questions above,

- We contacted them after following the project on Kickstarter and hearing some of their interviews

- YES! They absolutely know how important Project 1999 is to the hardcore players. We and people who desire to game like us are the target audience for this game.

- The Kickstarter only being about a 1/3 of the way there right now isn't relevant to whether or not they will reach their goal. Many Kickstarters see a huge surge in backers towards the end of a funding run. We're all hoping we can push them closer to their goal by raising awareness and showing you guys this is a big deal.

Pantheon is a big deal. If you're tired of WoW clones or other MMORPG's that cater to the masses, this is your chance to send a clear message that we want different games. Be sure to watch the interview live!

Thank you for answering some of my questions. I appreciate it!

I have an idea. As a redditor, I would say we should try to get the fund raiser posted up there and "upvoted" once it is posted. If we organize a posting time and have every project 1999 member who is also a redditor up vote as soon as the post is made, the algorithm for reddit should push the link to the front page. If we can get 100 or so P99 forum users to up vote in the first half an hour or less this should work. If it makes the front page it should get a significant amount of backing, as many redditors are both generous to upstart campaigns and gamers.

Messie
01-30-2014, 10:39 AM
Additionally, I do not know the actual algorithm of how to make something go to the front page of reddit. Just spit balling. May need many more than 100, but 100 from us and hopefully more upvotes from redditors seeing the link should help.

Tradesonred
01-30-2014, 01:58 PM
Kickstarters make me feel like this is 1993 all over again

For all the people younger than my oldest pair of sneakers, thats a good thing.

choklo
01-30-2014, 02:37 PM
I have an idea. As a redditor, I would say we should try to get the fund raiser posted up there and "upvoted" once it is posted. If we organize a posting time and have every project 1999 member who is also a redditor up vote as soon as the post is made, the algorithm for reddit should push the link to the front page. If we can get 100 or so P99 forum users to up vote in the first half an hour or less this should work. If it makes the front page it should get a significant amount of backing, as many redditors are both generous to upstart campaigns and gamers

Do it man, do it! ;)

Brad_mo123
01-30-2014, 03:27 PM
Quote:
I have an idea. As a redditor, I would say we should try to get the fund raiser posted up there and "upvoted" once it is posted. If we organize a posting time and have every project 1999 member who is also a redditor up vote as soon as the post is made, the algorithm for reddit should push the link to the front page. If we can get 100 or so P99 forum users to up vote in the first half an hour or less this should work. If it makes the front page it should get a significant amount of backing, as many redditors are both generous to upstart campaigns and gamers
Do it man, do it!

I think this would be easy and best done on saturday durring the live stream Rogean posted about in the home page. Someone set this up pls! The only reason this project would fail is because people don't know about it, imagine the population on p99 if a TV commercial or something went out for it, pretty sure the server's hardware would catch fire, same would be so for Pantheon.

Jayko
01-30-2014, 04:21 PM
Additionally, I do not know the actual algorithm of how to make something go to the front page of reddit. Just spit balling. May need many more than 100, but 100 from us and hopefully more upvotes from redditors seeing the link should help.

I've been following this pretty closely and have been a supporter for a while. That being said, I think they may have missed the boat with the location of the AMA. I'm not sure if it was because of just a general lack of Reddit knowledge or because the forum wasn't interested, but /r/gaming would have probably been a better place to post the AMA than in the acutal AMA subreddit.

ghale0n
01-30-2014, 04:44 PM
This sounds like a good deal to me, can't wait to see it.

YendorLootmonkey
01-30-2014, 05:05 PM
Don't be afraid to make the ranger class super awesome this time, Brad!!!

NextGenesis88
01-30-2014, 05:22 PM
This is so amazing to hear! Like seriously... think about how cool this is. Even just the simple fact that they are cool with Project 1999 and actually recognize what good of a thing we have going here. Even that they probably even play here. :D Can't wait, so excite!

I think they realize we were without a home and with Project 1999 we have a place to call home. Pantheon could be the same for us, although I would not abandon P99. It is really in our best interest to support this game and Brad and his team. This is when we turn things around for the REAL MMO genre! Someone in game said, "yeah, looks like they are just trying to get money for their KS page." as if it's lame they are doing it. I mean come on guy... this is how we vote with our money and show them once and for all the kind of MMO and experience we need. This is the only one I really would love to donate for (aside from Project 1999) and if I am able to I will. I really hope I can, but money is tight for me lately. I want more than anything for this to happen and be successful at the same time keeping the soul and essence of a true mmorpg. It's so sad and insulting the way players are treated in recent games and it saddens me that they are actually digging this genre a grave. If they continue to go on and be successful the way they are than okay.. but they are not true mmo's and they are without what makes them a true mmo. In my eyes there are a couple categorys of mmo consisting of the real, true and "hardcore" in a sense and the casual mmo that's more like a fantasy version of Second Life with fighting mechanics...

Also, I'm curious if Project 1999 itself has influenced this decision for Brad to create this game and see how 1k+ people play on an emulated server. I wonder if he played here the whole time and realized that we need new games like this to carry on the legacy. I'm willing to bet that it has had some influence or made some kind of mark. Project 1999 and the wonderful people who make this possible have truly made a mark and gave the people such a unique experience and really one that feels like a one in a lifetime thing. We really have something special here if you take a step back and think about what we have. I believe that we will someday be looking back on Project 1999 in a very similar light with the same nostalgia as we do with classic EQ live. But for now, I do hope it sticks around for a long time!

JackFlash
01-30-2014, 05:24 PM
I am also excite.

Jayko
01-30-2014, 05:39 PM
Also, I'm curious if Project 1999 itself has influenced this decision for Brad to create this game and see how 1k+ people play on an emulated server.

The interesting part is, as big as the current active player-base may be...the total number of people that have played here and quit for one reason or the other (myself included) is pretty staggering.

NextGenesis88
01-30-2014, 05:48 PM
The interesting part is, as big as the current active player-base may be...the total number of people that have played here and quit for one reason or the other (myself included) is pretty staggering.

I was thinking the same thing as I was typing. I wonder if the gm's would post numbers like this for the public.

Kluren
01-30-2014, 10:18 PM
Idea! Honestly, why not pay a 15/ month subscription for the next several years so the Pantheon team can have a steady flow of money to get this project launched. I'm sure many of the 2,117 pledgers thus far and myself would have no problem doing this. People pay 15 a month for pathetic mmos.

Let's face it. For those of us who have already pledged, we ARE the loyal followers of Verant's vision going back to 1999.

Would this come in the form of a month by month kickstarter where the pledgers would give 15 a month? We've got your back Brad.. you only gave us Classic Everquest.

Come on people let's do this. For those of us who have pledged to the kickstarter campaign, let's do this! We know this is what we want, so let's do it already. Spread the word, take the time to teach people what this is. If you consider yourself a Verant era player then you can do this. Spread the word and do your duty!

odiecat99
01-30-2014, 11:57 PM
after that massive pile of poop that was vanguard, I just don't know.

Winter
01-31-2014, 01:35 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45XrbsBt34c

an interview with Brad McQuiad thanks to Boogie2988's Channel

Knuckle
01-31-2014, 01:47 AM
Sweeeeeeeeeeet

jimm0thy
01-31-2014, 03:53 AM
Dear GMs,

This is awesome to hear. I was just reading and checking out their kick starter yesterday. Looks like an amazing game and if they are willing to talk to you it shows their incentive to be the next true "player dedicated" game. No run of the mill BS.

Rogean, I know you probably won't see this question, but how did this come about? Did you contact them or they contact you? Do they know how relevant p99 is to hardcore players? Have they played on P99?

So excited about this. Congrats.

I can confirm that some of the Pantheon team plays on P99

Swish
01-31-2014, 09:58 AM
I'm down for a 'Guise of the Pantheon' ;) Have pledged $20 already I just hope they manage it!

Knuckle
01-31-2014, 05:16 PM
Donated 20 to the cause :D

NextGenesis88
01-31-2014, 08:28 PM
I just watched the interview with Brad on Boogie2988's YT channel and highly recommend you guys go watch it. 45 minutes long and easily one of the best videos I have watched in a long time. Brad does mention Project 1999 in it briefly and I just think it's so cool that he approves of it and acknowledges it's importance to us.

batkiller
02-01-2014, 12:30 AM
The name could be changed if you want it, this is OUR game :) You just tell them, and they will probably do it. Games like Rift have already done it, and some others I forgot. But the point is, this is our game, we can help shape it by getting involved and contacting them and give money if you can. I started with $45 but I increased it to $275 because of the new offer and because I am so freaking pumped for this game! It needs to happen and I know it will be great if they get the money.

Utmost
02-01-2014, 01:46 AM
Welcome Pantheon Backers to p99! They started a guild called <Pantheon Rising> gonna hang here whilst dev is ongoing.

Issues
02-01-2014, 03:51 AM
Well EQnext lost any momentum it had, pantheon the real next EQ eh? We'll see.

heartbrand
02-01-2014, 04:27 AM
Why can't someone just make eq with better graphics and a few minor tweaks? All of these eq type MMO's sound good at first but I feel as tho devs get too excited and try to do too much and add in too many new things. Keep it simple. Need some real rich person to buy the rights to all eq shit from sony.

heartbrand
02-01-2014, 04:37 AM
Having said that, I just pledged way too much money for this game. Looking forward to Heartbrand's Mystical Coin Sack.

Nuggie
02-01-2014, 08:13 AM
Well EQnext lost any momentum it had, pantheon the real next EQ eh? We'll see.

Probably not a good idea to get all "eqn vs pantheon." if they both succeed then we have twice the awesome experiences. I hope they both smash their goals. :cool:

Kluren
02-01-2014, 09:44 AM
Probably not a good idea to get all "eqn vs pantheon." if they both succeed then we have twice the awesome experiences. I hope they both smash their goals. :cool:

I do not intend rudeness in any way, but I like to see through it all and look at the real picture. Whether someone likes it or not, the next few years will be "SoE vs Verant." I without a doubt side with Pantheon. Just because a greedy, ignorant company owns the rights to a name like Everquest does not make it a good game. I'll remember the real Everquest, and I'll stick with the Verant team. I will also increase my pledge amount.

Derubael
02-01-2014, 12:24 PM
Big things coming today! Hope everyone tunes in and has fun :)

Will see you all at 4pm PST, 7pm EST!

Bamz4l
02-01-2014, 12:27 PM
darn I thought it was on the 4th

That interview with Brad and Boogie2988 gave me the sense of sandboxness that I have been waiting for.

Portasaurus
02-01-2014, 01:21 PM
In the MMO Buff twitch video Salim Grant talked about playing here - but it was just like...last week or something, not like they've been playing here for years or anything. I think they just fired it up to check it out a little bit for nostalgia.

You know what's going to happen. They're going to come here and play for a little bit, get hooked, and then just decide that they don't need to make Pantheon after all. All they need is p99. Their own old game will ruin their new one! I guess it's like Medusa looking into a mirror or something...

Personally, I blame all of my life's shortcomings on my p99 addiction. It is a very convenient -- not to mention fun -- excuse for things! Try it if you haven't!

Now, having said all of that, I still may donate to this because it seems very neat and all you lovable dorks seem to be very excited about this.

But I need to know... WILL THERE BE SCORPION MEAT IN PANTHEON?

What about CHEESE?

Because, uh, the people demand cheesy scorpion burgers or something..

Brad_mo123
02-01-2014, 01:27 PM
In one of the Q'A's, they said it would be free for the first few levels and then you would have to pay a subscription to progress, no limitations except the level cap. I personally love this model but im looking at the number of backers and the number of money the project is up to and it tells me that the amount of money that so few are willing to pay for this project is amazing. I hope there will be some sort of in game shop BUT it should be mostly cosmetic only, nothing that will really give anyone an edge over someone else because they have way too much money to spend but if you want to support the game a bit more than I think you deserve to look cool as shit atleast.

I just don't see a pure subscription base game working out too well. I wish it would but the target audience they are going for really are those who prefer free mmo's because they allow you to spend less time for extra money and they will because these old school mmo players have a life now which means less game time. I do however believe they will play here purely on the game's content, no matter the payment model but I really think they need to beable to spend that extra money to support the game more, it will need it.

Shaakglith12194
02-01-2014, 01:46 PM
Was rereading the kickstarter infos, and he actually quotes his EverQuest character, Aradune Mithara, on the front page. Lol, that is really awesome.

Bamz4l
02-01-2014, 03:00 PM
http://www.polygon.com/2014/1/31/5366124/shroud-of-the-avatar-rise-of-the-fallen-devs-team-up-for-game-items

Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen developer Visionary Realms is teaming up with Shroud of the Avatar: Forsaken Virtues developer Portalarium to offer rewards for those who back both projects.

not sure what that other game is, but worth looking into

Bamz4l
02-01-2014, 03:01 PM
I guess it Ultima creatords doing the Shroud of the Avatar: Forsaken Virtues game

Bamz4l
02-01-2014, 03:09 PM
been reading reddit comments from brad and they all sound great http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/1whvd2/i_am_brad_mcquaid_one_of_the_creators_of/
- quests like EQ1, not mini quest hubs all over the world.
- clickies, like jboots

Tehwoot
02-01-2014, 03:28 PM
Alpha ETA 2017... just about when we get Velious :mad:

Brad_mo123
02-01-2014, 04:34 PM

Yeah, it's a long ways away, that's the only problem I have with it. I know that it is going to take time to release this product, im not trash talking their speed at all it's just that I really can't see the future, what mmo will be out by then and be enjoyable. I just don't know if something will be occupying my time by then or not and actually I hope the hell it doesn't take that long for me to find something fun to do. Maybe some can, will or want to spend time on more than one mmo but not me. I could but I won't, it's just not fun for me to play more than one mmo at a time, even if servers go down, I would rather go play an FPS that has no real long term connection.

It's just a shame Sony would rather make some cartoon minecraft 2.0 mmo than support this project.

a_gnoll_pup
02-01-2014, 04:55 PM
My body is ready.

oldhead
02-01-2014, 04:59 PM
I'll be there... very excited when I heard Brad mention P1999 will be involved as we are the living spirit of the classic game.

Anderdale
02-01-2014, 05:21 PM
Will you be able to watch this later? I won't be home for it

Brad_mo123
02-01-2014, 06:04 PM
Will you be able to watch this later? I won't be home for it

Yeah, it should appear on sirken's channel is his previous videos. Sometimes it takes an hour or a few hours after it's over to show up though.

Issues
02-01-2014, 06:54 PM
nevermind

Bamz4l
02-01-2014, 07:02 PM

where was this quoted from? You sir are talking out ur ass

Champion_Standing
02-01-2014, 07:48 PM
It's not a "vs" its not even a competition. Analyze the facts.

Fact 1. EQnext is SOE. SoE the same company that ruins every thing.

Fact 2. Pantheon is not SoE but the majority of the people who brought us classic EQ.

There is no competition - It's Muhammad Ali(Pantheon) vs Richard simmons(SoE garbage)

I hope this is a joke, Brad is a walking disaster, I doubt this horrible game will even make it to launch. SOE will be raking in millions while Brad files for bankruptcy.

formallydickman
02-01-2014, 07:53 PM
whut? richard simmons is boss, but I wish success for pantheon. simmons is eq on steroids, hard work and smiles all the way.

Wrathis
02-01-2014, 07:57 PM
where was this quoted from? You sir are talking out ur ass

In the AMA he did it was mentioned to have the game released in 3 years.

http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/1whvd2/i_am_brad_mcquaid_one_of_the_creators_of/cf23rm5

Hopefully we have more than the Alpha by then.

Twowordz
02-01-2014, 10:52 PM
;D

Nuggie
02-01-2014, 11:23 PM
It's not a "vs" its not even a competition. Analyze the facts.

I believe what brad said in one of his latest interviews was correct. Something along the lines of every mmo that succeeds is a win for the genre. Every mmo that doesn't is a blow to the genre.

I hope they both succeed. Obviously eqn isn't going to be the correct cup of tea for many people on P99.

Laugher
02-02-2014, 08:57 AM
Why can't someone just make eq with better graphics and a few minor tweaks? All of these eq type MMO's sound good at first but I feel as tho devs get too excited and try to do too much and add in too many new things. Keep it simple. Need some real rich person to buy the rights to all eq shit from sony.

I had been thinking the same haha

Sirken
02-02-2014, 02:12 PM
dont miss the Pantheon Q&A that Brad, Salim, and Ben did with the p99 staff!

http://youtu.be/hCv7JLZ_QSA

thugcruncher
02-19-2014, 06:27 AM
cant wait to play it

Pinolian
02-19-2014, 11:24 AM
3 days left and its no where near funded. Yet you guys act like its a go. What am I missing? https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1588672538/pantheon-rise-of-the-fallen

Eldaran
02-19-2014, 12:58 PM
3 days left and its no where near funded. Yet you guys act like its a go. What am I missing? https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1588672538/pantheon-rise-of-the-fallen

The devs have said that the kickstarter has been a learning experience and the game being made is not reliant on the kickstarter funding. They are already setting up their website which will fully launch on Saturday to start receiving funding with new reward tiers there. Our money will go directly to the devs without a % being taken by kickstarter and amazon like it would currently.

Pantheonrotf.com for those interested. They are already working towards getting investors into the project and will continue taking our money to make this happen. This game will be made regardless of the kickstarter and the Devs have admitted that this was their first time using kickstarter and will do things differently in the future. I imagine a new kickstarter will come in the future once they have more of the game to show off.

Wrathis
02-19-2014, 01:05 PM
So if this kickstarter fails will we have a new promotion for us directly donating to their site?

Don't want all this possible funding to disappear since people dont get their potions!

baalzy
02-19-2014, 01:15 PM

If Brad is as dedicated to this project as he says he is, he'll find another means.

Pringles
02-19-2014, 01:26 PM
i wont be at all surprised if there is a last minute donation that funds the project. Hard to leave over $400k out there.....

Andervin
02-20-2014, 11:44 PM
I just watched the interview with Brad on Boogie2988's YT channel and highly recommend you guys go watch it. 45 minutes long and easily one of the best videos I have watched in a long time. Brad does mention Project 1999 in it briefly and I just think it's so cool that he approves of it and acknowledges it's importance to us.

/nod

It's wild. I've seen some of Boogie's vids before but had no idea until now that we player on Prexus together. Anyone know if he plays/played on p99?

Ferocitas
03-23-2014, 02:35 PM
You are so funny! Oh, but while you are on the forums for a 15 year old Brad McQuaid game, you might not want to bash his newest project so you don't feel silly later when you are playing it.

Well said.

Tankdan
04-24-2014, 09:01 PM
Funny, I never knew he had a drug problem until I started following Pantheon, and I thought his personality seemed weird as hell in this interview: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45XrbsBt34c , now it all makes sense.

Speaker
04-25-2014, 03:05 PM
I was one of the first vanguard Alpha testers. Early on Vanguard was a challenge to play because of the high end computer requirements. Microsoft dropping the game was a game changer, forcing Vanguard to sell to SONY. The game still needed a year of debugging before it should have launched. Many of the bug problems were due to the dumb down changes made in the last 8-9 months before game launch, SOE considered the game too hard core. At launch the average player did not have a computer up to the task of playing.

Today Vanguard is one of the best games on the market today. Unfortunately SOE has never made any effort to market the game and now the game will close in July. That is the reason I am here, in search of a old school hard core game.

I am not sure about Brad's drug use, Brad is a creative person, not a business centric person, he did make some bad choices. He will do fine with any future game as long as he is on the creative side of development... you guys are here, largely a game of his creation.

Jayko
04-25-2014, 03:46 PM
I also tested VG from back at the point where it was mostly Silky Venom tags running around and there was very little content actually opened and played it for probably 9 months after launch....

I agree with most of your assessment. The game was BRUTALLY hard to level in and such early on. Group mobs were much harder to kill than at launch, the leveling process took far longer, and early on there was even a wound system in place which progressively lowered your stat pools. As it got closer to launch, things got easier and easier. In addition, they had primarily tested 1-30 content. Then they made leveling easier again prior to launch and then shortly after launch had double exp weekends. They facilitated people BLOWING past the content they had actually tested.

I completely disagree with the assessment that the bugs were a result of the changes to dumb it down though. The higher end content simply wasn't tested. There were some game breaking bugs that were simply bugs. They never figured out their texturing whatsoever. I was one of the first to get to the hub in APW and did so without clearing the bosses. All I did was walk through a wall in the lobby turn on bard speed/lev song, run down on top of the hub, and /stuck. I then did this with a disciple and summoned people down and we were capable of clearing backwards or skipping the early bosses if we wanted. There were ANY NUMBER of places you could exploit by simply walking into the wall without much effort at all. I reported countless instances like this during beta and live and they were never addressed.

The botched their content due to dumbing it down, but that game was doomed due it's engine/graphics and its lack of proper Q&A regardless of its content, frankly. I can honestly say bard in Vanguard is one of the most fun classes I have ever played in ANY MMO and I've played dozens...but Vanguard was, simply put a catastrophic waste of potential.

Speaker
04-25-2014, 04:49 PM
Yes, I agree on the post 30 content. I recall taking 180 hours to hit L-10. I loved the wound system, added a degree of realism. My first night on, took 15-minutes to make it 20 steps and I already had a high end computer from doing the F&F in EQ2 test. At the end of the day it was all the content changes, game size too large and SOE. With Vanguard closing I have had it with SOE and have no interest in EQnext.

The problem today is companies focus on massive size and player population. Vanguard was perfect for 200K old school centric game. I cut my teeth on Kesmai's Mega Wars III, Island of Kesmai and Kingdom of Drakkar (pre-internet) playing on CompuServe at $ 6.35 a hour for 300 bauds and 24.95 at 1200 bauds. I had a business account, so took a tax write off.

IOK was the first post mud graphic game and ran on HR Block main frames. Drakkar was the first 3-d graphic based game and is still around .

http://www.kingdomofdrakkar.com/

Both IOK and Drakkar, lair fights and high end raids had perm death if you lost, this after spending 2-3 thousand dollars to get high level enough to raid. Even a basic critter death meant a whole level loss.

Sirken
04-26-2014, 03:16 AM
stay on topic please, and ty

https://www.pantheonrotf.com/

India
04-26-2014, 05:29 PM
I was one of the first vanguard Alpha testers. Early on Vanguard was a challenge to play because of the high end computer requirements. Microsoft dropping the game was a game changer, forcing Vanguard to sell to SONY. The game still needed a year of debugging before it should have launched. Many of the bug problems were due to the dumb down changes made in the last 8-9 months before game launch, SOE considered the game too hard core. At launch the average player did not have a computer up to the task of playing.

Today Vanguard is one of the best games on the market today. Unfortunately SOE has never made any effort to market the game and now the game will close in July. That is the reason I am here, in search of a old school hard core game.

I am not sure about Brad's drug use, Brad is a creative person, not a business centric person, he did make some bad choices. He will do fine with any future game as long as he is on the creative side of development... you guys are here, largely a game of his creation.

Who were you? I played with the devs, Brad, Oloh, etc in alpha, beta, etc. I also ran the Silky Venom site :)

Pitter
04-26-2014, 06:00 PM
Who were you? I played with the devs, Brad, Oloh, etc in alpha, beta, etc. I also ran the Silky Venom site :)

Silky venom was a nice resource. The Mrs. and I played VG on release, and it was just sad. So much potential. When we came back years later, we found a very nice MMO that nobody was playing.

I'd play it today if I had friends to play it with, so to see it close is somewhat sad. It's certainly a stark example of how not to release an MMO.

Pitter
04-26-2014, 06:03 PM
/nod

It's wild. I've seen some of Boogie's vids before but had no idea until now that we player on Prexus together. Anyone know if he plays/played on p99?

He doesn't that I'm aware of. But that was a cool interview. It was nice to hear the passion McQuaid had for EQ. Shame people tossed money at a project that ended up being only a pitch package. This is the danger of Kickstarting game development that I'm no longer willing to take.

I got in on the ground floor of Star Citizen, and it will be YEARS if EVER before that pans out.

thefloydian
05-05-2014, 03:39 AM
stay on topic please, and ty

https://www.pantheonrotf.com/

http://i.imgur.com/ci9eXtq.jpg

Since deleted from the official facebook page. The woman is the wife of one of the developers.

mefdinkins
05-05-2014, 11:22 AM
this was on the front page of Reddit's gaming subreddit - http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/24rnk9/why_did_your_crowdfunded_mmo_fail_maybe_because/

http://i.imgur.com/kd38yHc.png

penispudding
05-07-2014, 02:45 PM
I know for a fact he used this money on hookers and blow.. I sold him the dope.

JayN
05-07-2014, 02:52 PM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lix5h3lrto1qi5wn7o1_1280.jpg

I demand exp pots and a guise gais, I did not fall for the donation trick therefore I should be rewarded for being so SMAT