PDA

View Full Version : How long

Speedidly
08-03-2010, 05:52 PM
i know i havnt invested any money into project1999. but i thought that was the point to play for free with quality players. but im finding all i get to do is wait for an ip exemption so i can play some classic eq with the lady.

How long does it take for an ip exemption to happen?

feanan
08-03-2010, 05:56 PM
a month or two. you should be good by the time kunark gets here

Shannacore
08-03-2010, 06:00 PM
Generally a couple of days is average I think.

BlazeKING
08-03-2010, 06:46 PM
I bet 70%+ of these are just people wanting to 2box

feanan
08-03-2010, 06:53 PM
of course they are :)

i've been considering getting my "girlfriend" and/or "roommate"
in to playing myself ;)

wish the devs would release the number of IP exemptions that have been granted. it would probably be an interesting number to see

oldhead
08-03-2010, 06:58 PM
I bet 70%+ of these are just people wanting to 2box

I play with my wife. Does she play as hard core as me or as often as me? No. Matter of fact she only wants to play with me. Her skill set isnt up to par for pugs and she feels most comfortable chilling with me as a duo or helping me out here and there.

I almost have one kid starting to play also. 12 years old. Never seen EQ before. he seen me camping the AC in OOT and was like OMG COOOOL!! CAN YOU SWIM?!?!

I'll tell you its damn important to involve your wife/hubby if you can tho.

Point of the story... no all IP exemptions are "just 2 boxers". Granted im sure there are many but they will find them out.

Besides... if you really want to two box why request an exemption? Just use a proxie hurr derr.

Straif
08-03-2010, 07:00 PM
Let's find out shall we?
http://xd1.xanga.com/fe38243605500195662190/z71826168.jpg

When they get around to it.

Anaiyah
08-03-2010, 07:01 PM
I really dont think many people here box, or at least not box two characters together to group. Perhaps some of these people are playing a character in different zones, but honestly how often have you seen people that you really, really think are two-boxing? Ive seen it one time, and Im not even sure at all...

Its not like the server is full of questionable duos around every corner...

feanan
08-03-2010, 08:46 PM
yes, i'm sure there are plenty of real roommates and wives/husbands that do play together.

i bet there is probably a larger number of people from the above pool who's roommate/other stopped playing, or aren't home, and the person figures its
no big deal to log them in.

i've only seen one instance where i'm positive the person was two boxing, trying to PL himself, and was doing a horrible job, almost killing them both multiple times. :)

i don't much care either way, i just wish i had a clarity/rez bitch on another account, heh.

i always hated when i had to two box in eq. took a lot of the fun out of it for me, made it like a job. remember the screenshots of those people that would 6 box their own group? i can't even imagine...

Edgetiq
08-03-2010, 09:20 PM
I am a Morman, I have 5 wives they all play Trolls (a true representation of themselves IRL)

wvdmc
08-03-2010, 11:23 PM
I play with my wife. I have a lowbie alt that I play with her. She only plays with me and it's only a few hours a week. If I was a 2-boxer, I'd be doing a pretty shitty job.

Speedidly
08-04-2010, 01:55 AM
I agree many people want to dual box but im not that dedicated and my wife does love a good mmorpg, we played eqoa, eq2, and WoW. now we want to try some classic eq even though its a step backwards graphically i have always heard of its superior gameplay so we were intrigued.

liveitup1216
08-04-2010, 01:58 AM
i watched someone tri-boxing in SK for all of 10 minutes before the banhammer demolished them swiftly. i hadnt even reported them because i wasnt 100% sure what was going on.

still made me feel warm inside witnessing such a miraculous sight.