PDA

View Full Version : Wizard Quad Kiting Guide?

thieros
01-27-2014, 10:59 AM
Level 12 - Jboots / Temp Flux / 200int

how soon can i start quad kiting? My guess is i could have started at 8 with column of frost. Do we use spiral line at all or stick to column/pillar? if so, why?

Level 8
Column of Frost Area Effect Cold Based Direct Damage (Max: 31 per mob)

Level 12
Frost Spiral of Al'Kabor Area Effect Cold Based Direct Damage (Max: 44)

Level 16
Pillar of Fire Targeted Area effect fire based direct damage spell. (Max: 76)

Level 20
Fire Spiral of Al'Kabor Area Effect Fire Based Direct Damage (Max: 76)

Raavak
01-27-2014, 11:08 AM
Do a thread search, this has been much discussed. But in short, use columns/pillars as they are the most mana efficient. You can start at level 8. It gets way easy once you get snare at 29.

http://gdurl.com/gG2e

thieros
01-27-2014, 11:12 AM
search only turned up two threads. i was shocked. tried a few permutations of quad kiting/wizard/etc. to no avail! (by forum searching skills must be poor) thank you for posting that sir!

Raavak
01-27-2014, 11:24 AM
That quadding efficiency assumes 4 targets too. Sometimes you can't get 4 so it goes down of course.

Velerin
01-27-2014, 11:42 AM
If the spell says Al'Kabor in it don't even bother to mem it.

thieros
01-27-2014, 12:01 PM
oh wow, yeah, just looked at the difference between the two. i cant see the purpose of any al kabor.. other then rapidly alternating between pillar/al kabor to mitigate recast delay, but that would assume you were in a position to chain cast (which would not be the case id imagine with quadding). silly verant!

Estu
01-27-2014, 01:54 PM
oh wow, yeah, just looked at the difference between the two. i cant see the purpose of any al kabor.. other then rapidly alternating between pillar/al kabor to mitigate recast delay, but that would assume you were in a position to chain cast (which would not be the case id imagine with quadding). silly verant!

The Al'Kabor line is different in that it can hit five monsters instead of four. Although since AoE snare only hits four monsters, it's not really worth it. Maybe before you get Bonds of Force it might be better to try pentakiting since you're not snaring the monsters anyway.

thieros
01-27-2014, 02:05 PM
ill give it a shot and report back, if only for the supercool name of pentakiting

Daldaen
01-27-2014, 02:34 PM
We call it Quintkiting on EQ Live. Druids got their AE line restarted at 91 (stopped back at 62) and they made it hit 5 targets instead of 4 (and made fire/ice versions instead of magic).

Quint sounds much cooler than penta.

Estu
01-27-2014, 07:00 PM
We call it Quintkiting on EQ Live. Druids got their AE line restarted at 91 (stopped back at 62) and they made it hit 5 targets instead of 4 (and made fire/ice versions instead of magic).

Quint sounds much cooler than penta.

Quintkiting just sounds like you've got this guy chasing you:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_6o1Twa9zmqQ/TA7EqsrugUI/AAAAAAAAAFg/SRkL5NdVMO0/s1600/quint.jpeg

solduios
03-10-2014, 03:51 PM
Best way to quad is get jboots or sow or sow potions do the quest for temporal staff http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=57 use it to pull 4 mobs.

Try to make sure mobs are of same type that way no odd ball run speeds.

Once you have 4 mobs start to do circles until they clump up start big and work smaller its ok to take a hit or 2 if need be.

Once clump together run away in a straight line spamming T-Staff until is say you are out of range.

Than turn in place to face mobs and cast snare the turning in place part while isnt necessary prevents some odd ball interrupts that can happen.

Use most efficient nuke for mob type remember its not always most efficient to use the most efficient aoe nuke on that chart resist do come into play.

Always keep a fast single target DD up if you need to finish off one the 4 mobs. Always keep fast root up as well just in case.

It also is a good idea to keep a single target fast stun up and an aoe nuke/stun loaded sometimes you need the stun in small kiting areas.

I just joined this game but played wizard on live for a long time maybe ill make a video on how to quad.

Druid is a bit different so not sure on how they do it pretty close to wizard I am sure but idk if they get an instant click for pulling.

Rhambuk
03-10-2014, 04:10 PM
nice write it up its how ive been quadding, biggest pain is when you get 1 snare resist off the 4 mobs and have to single snare then get 2 snared groups together meh.

i think the difference with dru is they pull with snare because they don't get ae snare and trying to tab target through 4 mobs is a pain.

solduios
03-10-2014, 04:53 PM
nice write it up its how ive been quadding, biggest pain is when you get 1 snare resist off the 4 mobs and have to single snare then get 2 snared groups together meh.

i think the difference with dru is they pull with snare because they don't get ae snare and trying to tab target through 4 mobs is a pain.
They do get an aoe snare at lvl 57.... but by that times kinda pointless for lvling lol.

As far as single resist on snare its a pita for sure as a wizard best thing to do is quick root the guy who resisted run to max range stun dd to break root snare. Then regather mobs and resnare until none resist.

When velious comes out its bit easier can root snare break root and do the same as I said above.

Aborath
03-11-2014, 10:13 PM
Once you have 4 mobs start to do circles until they clump up start big and work smaller its ok to take a hit or 2 if need be.

I'd break this habit quickly. Also, F9 3 times for a zoomed out perspective = not having to turn to face.

solduios
03-11-2014, 11:26 PM
I'd break this habit quickly. Also, F9 3 times for a zoomed out perspective = not having to turn to face.

The turning in place is more for spell interrupts after moving the game can troll you you dont need to turn completely around just turn about half way.

About the hits in this era might be lil bad haha but sometimes it happens when mobs are not clumping right usually do to terrain.

Aborath
03-12-2014, 12:39 AM
The turning in place is more for spell interrupts after moving the game can troll you you dont need to turn completely around just turn about half way.

About the hits in this era might be lil bad haha but sometimes it happens when mobs are not clumping right usually do to terrain.

Pirates and later, Spirocs are both rogues. 4x double backstab from a group of either of those at it's GG. I find that turning wide circles helps with clumping as well as keeping distance.