PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous: Significant NPC Ghosting, Boat Issues Since Patch

rixardion
01-26-2014, 04:14 PM
I've noticed significant ghosting of mobs since the last patch. While running around Nro/NK/BW on my bard, nearly half the mobs I've tried to pull have been actually out of range. I've watched a sand giant that appeared to be directly in front of me go from 100% gradually down to 0%. The giant was actually being fought about 200 units away by the docks.

Also, since the last patch, when mobile mobs first spawn they spin in circles as do boats now.

Another thread has been made about this but the boat from Timorous to OT is also no longer arriving in Timorous.

I have a strong suspicion that all the above issues are caused by the latest ghosting "fix":

Alecta: Players should see significantly less ghosting when people shadow step, intra-zone gate, and intra-zone port.

This may not be the case, but if it is, I would choose seeing some ghosting when someone shadowsteps to the mess we have now any day!

Please reverse/rollback whatever is causing these issues please!!

Thanks to all staff! You guys are great!

nilbog
01-26-2014, 04:14 PM
Are these issues still present after the downtime/update today?

rixardion
01-26-2014, 04:19 PM
Oh I apologize wholeheartedly! I was unaware there was an update today! I hope that they have been resolved, but I will be unable to personally test until later this evening!

Thanks for your prompt response Nilbog!

Varren
01-26-2014, 06:13 PM
I noticed a lot of this going on while levelling my noob cleric in ecommons today AFTER the server reboots/downtime.

rixardion
01-26-2014, 06:53 PM
I was just able to play for a bit, and while it is MUCH better than it was, it still happened a few times to me. I was unable to test the boat stuff.

Man0warr
01-26-2014, 07:13 PM
Still lots of ghosting on roaming mobs in South Karana after the reboot.

The spinning mobs on respawn seems to be fixed though.

Xump
01-27-2014, 02:34 PM
Spinning still occurs, not as bad though

Haynar
01-27-2014, 02:51 PM
Where does spinning occur?

Xump
01-27-2014, 03:23 PM
Yesterday I have seen it in SF, BW, DL
SF may have been a fluke, it was snared when I had to zone. I also couldn't cast on it. Cannot see target message. Until snare broke then he munched me :(

Ghosting, I'm seeing everywhere

Asap
01-27-2014, 03:26 PM
Ghosting still happening, zones like EC, WC, befallen

chu
01-27-2014, 03:32 PM
didnt notice anything too strange on red server since latest update except:
skyfire - snare an NPC and zone, come back and its spinning in place

rixardion
01-27-2014, 04:05 PM
After being able to play more today, can confirm ghosting still occurring. While gathering mobs in BW, 100% of the stationary roaming mobs were ghosts.

Haynar
01-27-2014, 05:04 PM
I will play with snared mobs while zoning. And I have some fixes I am testing for ghosting.

H

Mac Dretti
01-27-2014, 05:17 PM
Noticed a yeti in Dreadlands tunnel from Port rings spinning in place on red yesterday

rixardion
01-27-2014, 08:41 PM
I will play with snared mobs while zoning. And I have some fixes I am testing for ghosting.

H

Thanks Haynar!

Rika
01-27-2014, 10:02 PM
It's happening alot in LoIO too. Right up in the Mobs grill and still getting the message "You cannot see your target" when casting or hitting auto attack.:confused:

Xump
01-28-2014, 10:32 AM
Spinning Seafury Cyclops in OT

greer
01-28-2014, 05:18 PM
Yeah, half the mobs I've tried to target in the OT and LOIO look like they are just standing there, but in fact they are half the zone away

Durothil Skyreaver
01-28-2014, 09:44 PM
Can confirm as well. In LOIO west of the windmill (-2700, -2172, 117), the goblin, iksar, and skeleton mobs are all lined up near the hills closer to the water. At least 9-12 mobs in visual range. They do not appear on tracking either.

rixardion
01-29-2014, 11:11 AM
Just to add a bit, last night in BW a bard was swarming. As his train went by, everything was normal, but when the mobs got far enough away from me for their movement to degrade, they all just froze. I was in the zone for about 40 mins after that and those mobs were still frozen in place.

To clarify, when i say froze i just mean they became ghosts. All the mobs' passive movements were still animating.

imajester
01-29-2014, 04:33 PM
Aye, was happening in NK. Would target a Grizzly just standing there and nothing would happen. About 45 seconds later, it would poof (move to another place in the zone).

It is almost like there is no updates to the mobs because you were not near them and they actually moved, but the client still sees them where they were when the spawned. Only when you happen to be in the area where they are now does the client get updated and the mob 'moves' and begins to update correctly.

Exmo
01-30-2014, 01:10 PM
Significant Ghosting in Overthere as well.

Related to the TT Update Rate fix, perhaps?

Erati
01-30-2014, 01:54 PM
its happening in any zone where mobs roam :P

Elroz
01-31-2014, 02:44 PM
I noticed in NK when the mobs were roaming I could cast on them, but when they stopped pathing and stood still is when I'd get the "cannot see target" message. Was a named gypsy I waited like 2 minutes for him to start pathing before I could nuke him lol

rixardion
02-02-2014, 05:00 PM
Bump

arsenalpow
02-03-2014, 12:14 PM
The ghosting is also affecting corpse locations.

Relogging fixes it, but I can see a corpse, target it, then drag it across a zone. The corpse will look like it never moved but won respond to a drag command. Relogging will show it's current location. Happened nonstop last Friday in sky and fear.

Erati
02-03-2014, 12:22 PM
The ghosting is also affecting corpse locations.

Relogging fixes it, but I can see a corpse, target it, then drag it across a zone. The corpse will look like it never moved but won respond to a drag command. Relogging will show it's current location. Happened nonstop last Friday in sky and fear.

this

Sky corpse chains are nearly impossible now with duel corpses as clerics wont be able to res them without getting "target too far away" with a corpse right at their feet

necros summon the corpse and no one even sees where it ends up after the spell ends

this problem is actually creating some very detrimental game play, hopefully there are some fixes in the work

drktmplr12
02-03-2014, 01:02 PM
I was in SK on Sunday... Had 2 issues with NPCs ghosting.

Also was helping a buddy at the WC derv camp. Lots of the dervs were running in one direction, but the hitbox was moving in another. The sprite for the NPC was updating every 6 seconds or so.

Example:

1. Mob down to 15%, starts fleeing East
2. We chase East, says we are too far from target.
3. Mob appears south-east, continues to walk east again.
4. We chase, and are still too far from target.
5. Mob appears south-east, continues to walk east again.
6. Mob changes direction and updates fine.

I noticed that we could follow the hitbox if we could estimate which direction it was moving.

Rogean
02-04-2014, 11:28 PM
There was a code patch this morning (Tuesday Morning). Report any issues you've specifically noticed since then please.

Mac Dretti
02-04-2014, 11:38 PM
What time this morning? Raft from Oasis to TD was doing the whirl till you hurl after zoning to TD at approx 6am pst

Ashintar
02-05-2014, 08:38 AM
There has been a scarab ghosting in EC @ -805.78 pos 1858.52 for the last several days. This morning there is also a mummy at at that location.