PDA

View Full Version : Circlet of Shadow

Whoop
01-26-2014, 12:04 PM
At what level would it be possible for a necro to solo this drop in droga? I just dinged 44, think it would be doable? Also been wanting the summon corpse spell but to cheap to buy it hehe.

Azelle
01-27-2014, 09:07 AM
I'm interested in the answer also.

Estu
01-27-2014, 09:38 AM
It's kind of a tough camp - the room with Chief Rokgus has three goblins (including possibly the chief) plus one roamer, but there are also a bunch of goblins nearby that will heal whatever you're fighting, and also, many of the goblins like to cast cancel magic on you. Moreover, the entire camp (Chief + Bodyguard) is much larger, since the bodyguard can spawn in any of quite a few places, and if you're trying to get a CoS in particular, you'd probably want to be able to hold down the whole camp, which is like 12-15ish goblins on a 20-25ish minute respawn timer, most of whom are casters, and again, the casters are often able to heal. Even then it would probably take you a few hours on average to get the CoS; if you're only holding down the chief's room, much longer, and note that the camp is quite popular so you'll have to deal with people already being there.

On my shaman, with an epic and no other gear of note I was able to hold the entire camp down at level 52-53ish, but the thing is that at around that level there is a big drop in the camp's difficulty because the mobs start going green and hence won't aggro you if you're standing - also, their spells would almost never land on me at that level with resist buffs up, except for unresistable dispels and partially-resisted nukes and harm touches from the bodyguards. Moreover, the only reason I could hold the camp is because all I did was root and epic (plus keep buffs up on myself) - very low mana consumption on my part. So as a necro, you might have a harder time. At 44, I certainly don't think you could handle it.

If I were you I'd just buy it. Get money some other way.

Daldaen
01-27-2014, 09:49 AM
Honestly, the reason people do this camp, is for the Idol of the Thorned.

In the process of getting one of those, people will quite often have a CoS or two rot since bodyguard isn't too uncommon and the drop is relatively common (plus lore). With Droga being so far out there people don't bother going to sell it and risk losing camp.

If you stick around for a few hours you may just be able to grab a rotting one. Then again you may be able to get 2-3k plat to buy one in an equivalent amount of time camping hill giants.

Whoop
01-27-2014, 09:51 AM
Thanks for the advice!

WTB Circlet of Shadow

williestargell
01-27-2014, 10:29 AM
If you calculate the value of your time spent against the cost of buying a CoS in EC the inevitable conclusion is that you should buy it in EC even if you could solo it.

Whoop
01-27-2014, 10:31 AM
If you calculate the value of your time spent against the cost of buying a CoS in EC the inevitable conclusion is that you should buy it in EC even if you could solo it.

Depends of course how time is valuated :)

But yes, after reading this there is no doubt I will find and buy the CoS in EC way before I will be able to camp it hehe