PDA

View Full Version : NPC Spawn Issue: Varsoon The Undying

RKromwell
08-03-2010, 05:12 AM
Please, this is a simple request. It isn't a spawn issue really but...

Can we please check the pathing of this bastard? I've noticed that he likes to hang out at the entrance to Surefall Glade. He will wipe the floor with the average PC in the zone and has no problem killing both guards at the entrance of Surefall. Matter of fact, once he kills them both, he stands there if you are not paying attention he will make you pay for it.

Think of the noobs.

mmiles8
08-03-2010, 06:37 AM
Varsoon the Undying doesn't path. Varsoon does, but his undying version just stays put wherever he's been trained to.

nilbog
08-20-2010, 09:22 PM
Should Varsoon the Undying path? Should he have Varsoon's same pathing grid?

Itchybottom
08-20-2010, 10:05 PM
Varsoon the Undying really didn't have a path on live, as much as a roam box. He tended to stay near the ruins, and all the way down the valley towards Blackburrow but never actually at Blackburrow unless someone trained him. He terrorized poor unsuspecting newbies as a typical KOS undead mob.

Which reminds me, Niclaus Ressinn should be popping behind the ruins, and pathing diagonally across the zone. Getting into a fight with Tovax Vmar half way if Tovax is unlucky enough. Cleaning up Varsoon the Undying if they meet paths etc. I never saw him attack living Varsoon, but I never saw their paths intersect either. Niclaus would also kill anything undead in his path like a guard. When arriving at the guard tower after his diagonal path (which started his return path to the ruins), he'd pause and say something about the ruins of Geupal too, but I don't remember the exact phrase.

Scruffy, should be damn near always up too, since he was just as common as his place holder. In place of the a giant rat, over towards the guard tower.

Thulghor
08-21-2010, 12:09 AM
I thought Scruffy was the placeholder for Tovax Vmar? Isn't Tovax supposed to only spawn at night?

Itchybottom
08-21-2010, 09:08 AM
I thought Scruffy was the placeholder for Tovax Vmar? Isn't Tovax supposed to only spawn at night?

Nope. Scruffy and Tovax are up at the same time. I used to charm Scruffy with my druid, buff him up, and kill Tovax :p

Tovax is always pacing around in the day.