PDA

View Full Version : which mage pet to use in a necro mage duo

MikeXG
01-24-2014, 05:53 PM
I've been using the fire pet for its DS, but its starting to fall short as its getting killed very fast. I don't think I need to use earth since my necro friends pet is tanking just fine. Which does better dps Air or Water? and is the stun worth it if air is less DPS?

Daldaen
01-24-2014, 06:23 PM
Water pet does more damage and has more health than air pet.

I am personally of the opinion air pets suck during classic. Later on in EQ when they could stun mobs higher level than themselves with high frequency they were the best tanks. But currently their stuns are low duration and seem to resist a lot. To the point that I don't notice the stun much at all.

Velerin
01-24-2014, 06:25 PM
If your pet isn't tanking I think the water will do better dps-wise. Multi-pet tanking is kinda screwy. Its hard to spread out who's consistently tanking. Best way is to periodically pull back and re-engage to spread out damage. But with a necro usually best to just fear kite with 2 pets banging away.
For fire pet to be most effective you need to be targeting single low con blues which usually isn't what you want to target when you have a powerful duo like that.

Tenloar
01-24-2014, 08:06 PM
I'd vote Water pet. And if its not available because of research, I'd say Air.

Necro will start kiting, Earth pet will be rooting and interfere with that, Fire pet is only viable when you can chain-summon them to make use of their damage shield.