PDA

View Full Version : Iksar vs DE for necro

Azelle
01-24-2014, 02:41 PM
So I am just a level 5 dark elf necromancer but I was wondering if the hp regen of the Iksar is worth the exp penalty and bad faction everywhere? 5 levels are not long to regain and the shared bank means I loose nothing so if Iksar is really worth it, I reroll. I saw they have a quest for a Skullcap too? I never played an Iksar before so I have no idea what's awaiting me if I switch. If the regen is not that powerful at high level then I'll stick with my dark elf.

Freakish
01-24-2014, 02:49 PM
Don't use the shared bank. Anything put in there will be lost. It is not supported on this server, and if you see it with your UI it is a graphical error.
There was a whole thread dedicated to this debate, but you can check out the wiki. It has a list of what regeneration levels are like at higher levels. Let me see if I can get a link to that thread.

Edit: Link
http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=129345

Tuljin
01-24-2014, 02:49 PM
The xp penalty is worth the HP regen. If you're good you'll be killing steadily and the penalty will be mostly a non-issue. Then again, I know some bad ass dark elf necromancers so it really depends on how much grief you wanna get from min/maxers =)

Azelle
01-24-2014, 03:28 PM
@Freakish omg thanks for the info on the shared bank ! Good thing I put nothing there yet. Thanks for the link also, it will be Iksar then.

@Tuljin lol, I'm not a min/maxer but I do remember dying from afk lich as a DE hence why I wanted to counteract it as best I can and minimize downtime.

Me and my son were granted IP immunity so I will be in a duo with a shadowknight, seems like he wants to roll Iksar also.

Asap
01-24-2014, 03:38 PM
Iksar, hands down, make the best necromancers. It's actually not fair how efficient they are compared to other races

JayN
01-24-2014, 03:47 PM
Iksar without a doubt; dark pact wont even hurt you. your superior ac/tanking ability makes the lower level much much easier

Daldaen
01-24-2014, 04:12 PM
Iksar is the best option for any class they can be. Especially once Velious drops.

Azelle
01-24-2014, 04:18 PM
Awesome guys, as soon as my son will be home he'll help me transfer my stuff.

Uteunayr
01-24-2014, 09:11 PM
Trust me, as someone who leveled up to 60 on a Dark Elf, and then to 55 on an Iksar... Roll an Iksar.

When you get to the higher levels, the damage you take from Lich starts to become rather cumbersome. Not too bad to be able to play, but cumbersome. It requires you to use more Lifetaps, which are rather mana inefficient. It makes it so you cannot kill as much as you would be able to as an Iksar, nor be at the top of your game. As an Iksar, this lets you kill more things, to help curb the 22% whole experience that is lost, and makes it a lot easier to solo camps, and pump mana.

By the time you get to Demi-Lich (at 60), being an Iksar really shines. Think of it this way, a level 34 Dark Elf Necro takes more damage to gain 6-8 mana a tick with Call of Bones, than a 60 Iksar Necro takes to gain 22 a tick with Lich.

SamwiseRed
01-24-2014, 09:28 PM
Is this really being asked?

Swish
01-26-2014, 11:46 AM
I've converted a couple of people too...even ran someone's gear to FoB from EC (via OT hammer). Iksar necros are all powerful, kneel!

Azelle
01-27-2014, 09:03 AM
I had to make the long run from Nektulos to FoB then drop my bags and pick them up on my new iksar necro lol. You guys were right totally not regretting it, plus the necro skullcap from the quest look amazing.

Daldaen
01-27-2014, 09:46 AM
I had to make the long run from Nektulos to FoB then drop my bags and pick them up on my new iksar necro lol. You guys were right totally not regretting it, plus the necro skullcap from the quest look amazing.

I hope after all is said and done they will add the final Necro skullcap quest. Currently it stops before the unlimited clicky DoT. But after Velious they should add in those iksar quests that were unfinished.

Azelle
01-27-2014, 09:59 AM
Oh I did not know they were unfinished :( sad