PDA

View Full Version : Killing Phinney

Velerin
01-24-2014, 10:05 AM
On live the strategy I use to kill Phinney is just invis and swim down to his lair (the seahorses only rarely see invis and if they do you can still go down on the opposite side of the see invis one).
Just wait til Phinney paths to the other side and you can get down there easy. Set up and then get him when he paths back and the seahorses above don't aggro as long as you fight on the bottom of the lair.
Here is not quite so easy since the seahorses seem to always see invis so they would still need to be trained away. I want to try it sometime but thought I'd ask here first to avoid needing corpse summons. Does anyone fight him down there?
The standard pull horses away and pull Phinney up to the ledge works ok but its annoying when he stops to cast forever and then the horses aggro on the way back.

Daldaen
01-24-2014, 10:27 AM
On live and Mac when I did him. I did more or less what you described. I would invis and find a non see invis swirlspine, then I'd swim to its corner drop underneath it, immediately 180 and swim down underneath.

I rarely aggroed Phinny like this, maybe 1/5 or 1/10 times, in which case I would just egress and do it again.

I dunno much what people do here for Phinny. But from all my time in kedge the Phinny fights I watched always entailed tanking him on ledge with pets. Non-pet classes don't get invited to Phinny kills much :/.

Tuljin
01-24-2014, 12:16 PM
I would bind myself at zoneline and use flux staff on one of the seahorses to agro them. I would cast gate immediately (and have a rune up to make sure it casts) then I would wait at the zone entrance until I saw them coming up into the first big room then I would zone out. In the meantime, one of the pet classes I was with would send down a pet to agro Phinny then pull him off to the back corner of his room and when the seahorses come back they do not agro. If you can train the seahorses you can get yourself a spot in a phinny kill =)