PDA

View Full Version : Ultima Online - IPY3

aborted
01-23-2014, 11:27 AM
If your a big fan of Ultima Online, you will really enjoy this. At the launch of IPY2 there was at least 1000 different users logged in, over 2000 accounts at the same time. If your looking to build a house, grief people, kill the ones giving grief come check this out. Its an old game but i think everyone here is use to playing older games.

http://inporylem.com/

http://youtu.be/cobhS8sfWkc

aborted
01-23-2014, 11:36 AM
If your a big fan of Ultima Online, you will really enjoy this. At the launch of IPY2 there was at least 1000 different users logged in, over 2000 accounts at the same time. If your looking to build a house, grief people, kill the ones giving grief come check this out. Its an old game but i think everyone here is use to playing older games because newer games don't cut it.

cobhS8sfWkc

http://inporylem.com/

Stay kickass p99!

r0xx0r
01-23-2014, 11:40 AM
ipy & ipy2 suck, because those who run it suck. It never lasts. I've been playing UO for the past 6 years on a stable server that has yet to dissapoint me. uosecondage.com - now if you really wanna grief, kill, murder, craft, tame, loot, enjoy hoarding real estate or whatever- check it out.

aborted
01-23-2014, 11:50 AM
ipy & ipy2 suck, because those who run it suck. It never lasts. I've been playing UO for the past 6 years on a stable server that has yet to dissapoint me. uosecondage.com - now if you really wanna grief, kill, murder, craft, tame, loot, enjoy hoarding real estate or whatever- check it out.

Yeah idk uosecondage is ok, but if ya want a fresh start IPY3 is the option. IPY 2 didn't suck i thoroughly enjoyed it for months after it launched.

skipdog
01-23-2014, 12:39 PM
So is IPY2 gone then?

I sure wouldn't want to roll on a server that is likely to not exist in the future.

Derubael
01-23-2014, 12:45 PM
deleted b00bs, moved to off-topic.

aborted
01-23-2014, 01:43 PM

I bet it was hard though, they were decent ones.

SamwiseRed
01-23-2014, 01:51 PM
damn i missed some boobs

aborted
01-23-2014, 02:11 PM
damn i missed some boobs

Sorry they were my strongest selling point for IPY3

Tanthallas
01-23-2014, 02:16 PM

wtf

moklianne
01-23-2014, 02:19 PM
No matter how many times I tried, I could never get into a 2D MMO after playing in 3D ones. Single player games, sure, I've always felt something was missing in MMO's though. Not enough immersion for me.

stormlord
01-23-2014, 02:31 PM
uosecondage is good. It has been around a long time, proven itself.

Ultima Online was a good blend of sandbox and rpg, I'd say. It was well ahead of others.

Not sure what the newer version is like. I prefer the harshness in T2A. Then again, I've never tried the newer one, so mabye it's not as bad as I always thought it must be.

I remember back in 1999 buying T2A. I got a $70 ticket for parking too long. Still got the manual. It also came with a map which I think I have somewhere. They're like trinkets.

stormlord
01-23-2014, 02:38 PM
No matter how many times I tried, I could never get into a 2D MMO after playing in 3D ones. Single player games, sure, I've always felt something was missing in MMO's though. Not enough immersion for me.
Ya, I agree. The first person perspectve in EQ sucked me in more. However, I preferred the skill system and sandbox in ultima online. You could build houses and put merchants in them or sail a boat. The Ultima Online world was much more like a world. However, in some ways it was less interesting. For example, I tihnk the dungeons in Everquest were better and the quests/factions were more indepth than in Ultima Online. The NPCs in Everquest always seemed deeper to me than the ones in Ultima Online, as a result. Maybe the thinking with sandbox games is to have the players create the lore and stories, but I think the NPCs should still have more depth. Putting NPCs into the world with blank stares on their faces doesn't increase the immersion.

I remember distinctly thinking the first person perspective was more immersive. Yet I also remember playing for a 2 or 3 months stretch in EQ and then quitting because I thought the systems in Ultima Online were so much better. All in all, I ended up subbing to EQ more, but I still played UO player-run servers for a while.

Right now I play Wurm Online and it's more like Ultima Online than EQ, but it shares similarities with EQ, mainly game mechanic things like corpse runs and less hand holding. Because it's mostly player-run, there's not much lore and story, unless you dig learning about the history of players in an area. It could be improved. In fact, there's a lot about Wurm Online that can be improved, but I still like it a lot.

formallydickman
01-24-2014, 10:17 PM
Dude quit, its over

Rec
01-24-2014, 10:51 PM
How long before the people running the server cause it to self destruct like every other IPY

Jizzebel
01-24-2014, 11:17 PM
IPY3 is tempting..but they keep crashing so..

UOSA

aborted
01-25-2014, 12:26 AM
yeah its over