PDA

View Full Version : Game Mechanics: Problem with inventory and Paineel key (bags stacking inside bags!)

tristantio
01-22-2014, 04:48 PM
There is an issue with the Bone Crafted Key (Paineel key gained by saying "keyz" to the skeleton guards) and looting corpses after death, in that the "deleted" lore key still persists (although invisible in inventory).

Essentially reproducible by the following (although I will have to test more on an alt):

Die with key in a backpack
Get a new key from Paineel skeleton guards via the "keyz" /say command after a hail
Loot corpse
Receive duplicate lore item deleted message (bag key supposedly) after right clicking to loot bag the original key was in
Without zoning/signing out, proceed to next steps

Now the part where it gets interested (and the bugs start to creep out):

First item loot attempt (via left or right click on an item in a mob's lootable inventory) places the loot on your cursor
After a single item loot attempt, you cannot loot items from mobs unless you manually re-arrange other inventory items (right clicking a loot item will simply make your character stand up and not loot, as if inventory were full)
When the item loot bug occurs, you can now buy Backpacks (or other bags) off a vendor and they will go directly in your inventory bags if all normal slots are full
Given above vendor bug, I assume any looted or traded (to player) bags may do same (stack inside the nearest bag)
However, bags are not manually placeable into other bags via left click pick up of the bag (nor will Backpacks inside Backpack open via right click, so sorry, no 64 slot bags possible)

To resolve this requires deleting the visible Bone Crafted Key from player's inventory, signing out, and signing back in, at which time the "deleted" key is now visible in the bugged inventory slot.

The bugged keys are stackable as well, as I once had a few deaths/deleted key messages and had 3 or 4 keys backlogged on the character (required all those to be deleted and signed in/out to get back to where I didn't have loot bug and could gain items off monster again).