PDA

View Full Version : WTS Full suit of Rubicite

Pyrocat
08-02-2010, 09:05 PM
takings offer in PMs

partial trades considered: CoF/RBB, AoN, Thex Dagger, Vox scale/cloak.

Pyrocat
08-03-2010, 12:34 PM
^

Selling as full set only, please no offers on individual pieces.

stormiejs
08-03-2010, 12:45 PM
Out of curiosity, how much do you value the whole set at? I couldn't see the full set being worth that much except for the breastplate (which loses significant value in Kunark).

bled12345
08-03-2010, 02:26 PM
I concurr...

bp 30-35k
Every other piece 2-5k

Couldnt see it being worth much more than 55-60 k tops

I'm assuming Cloak of flames goes for more than that, Id hope at least!!! Otherwise WTB CoF!

Arkis
08-03-2010, 02:48 PM
Full sets save you time of finding pieces. You may not actually find a full set if you're just looking for individual pieces for a LONG time.

It's also not for just the regen/AC, it's for looks. Some people like that and are willing to pay money for it. As the server progresses, these items will get more and more rare due to people quitting and will probably get more expensive.

stormiejs
08-03-2010, 04:54 PM
I disagree with that mentality - you can't really compare this, especially since people were farming those items with that in mind. There are plenty of people who will come back in Kunark or future expansions with lots of items. I already know there are plenty of people with 5+ manastones (there's no way manastones should be worth 75k right now).

But i'm not looking to take over the thread, i'm looking for the pieces but I don't think i'd be willing to pay that much.

Arkis
08-03-2010, 05:07 PM
Yes people were farming them in mind, but people quit. And a LOT of people have joined the server since. While it may not be worth as much as it would be on LIVE, it is still significant, especially for a full set. If you want to do the pokemon "gotta catch 'em all" find each piece one by one, then cool. You might get a good bargain for each individual piece. For a full set... it's right there... grab and go.

People will return yes, and there are probably more of these sets than otherwise and so there will be a lot more in the market. However, some people like the "horde" and then end up quitting and that's that.

Just saying, people will pay what they want to pay and what the market will have. Regardless, enough of thread hijacking. Rubicite will go up/down in price however much the market makes it and that'll be that. It might go up or down and you may or may not like it *shrug* I'm betting on up

Pyrocat
08-04-2010, 03:36 AM
^

bhatz01
08-04-2010, 08:52 PM
In my experience, rubicite lost its value fairly quickly on live. The BP held some novelty, but once players who had never been exposed to the nostalgia of rubicite start to populate the server they can't figure out why you're charging so much. Try to get someone who's been exposed to Kunark loot to spend more than 500pp on any piece of Rubi, just won't happen.

BP is cool though :)

Enderenter
08-04-2010, 08:59 PM
In my experience, rubicite lost its value fairly quickly on live. The BP held some novelty, but once players who had never been exposed to the nostalgia of rubicite start to populate the server they can't figure out why you're charging so much. Try to get someone who's been exposed to Kunark loot to spend more than 500pp on any piece of Rubi, just won't happen.

BP is cool though :)

That may be true, however, on here the majority of players are from Kunark or pre-Kunark. (according to the polls) My recollection on live is that for several years after Rubicite was removed, it continued to gain value despite it losing relevancy in terms of twinkage - to the point that after Fungi dipped in value from being farmed so much, they were about on par in terms of price.

Pyrocat
08-05-2010, 03:33 AM
That may be true, however, on here the majority of players are from Kunark or pre-Kunark. (according to the polls) My recollection on live is that for several years after Rubicite was removed, it continued to gain value despite it losing relevancy in terms of twinkage - to the point that after Fungi dipped in value from being farmed so much, they were about on par in terms of price.

This is what I remember. Even around Luclin and PoP (on Prexus) I recall the very rare Rubi BP or Rubi set going for ridiculously high prices, simply because it's a novelty/prestige thing that doesn't drop anymore, and it's great for showing off when you're not exp/raiding.

Pyrocat
08-07-2010, 03:12 PM
^

Pyrocat
08-08-2010, 09:57 PM
^

Pyrocat
08-12-2010, 09:52 AM
^

Pyrocat
08-14-2010, 12:21 AM
^

Pyrocat
08-23-2010, 04:03 AM
^

Pyrocat
08-24-2010, 10:44 AM
^

Goobles
08-24-2010, 02:24 PM
This server will never have dyes, so red rubi = win.

Pyrocat
08-26-2010, 03:35 AM
^

Pyrocat
08-30-2010, 01:44 PM
^

Pyrocat
08-31-2010, 11:19 AM
^