PDA

View Full Version : Questions about enchanter starting stats

renegadeofunk
08-02-2010, 08:33 PM
I read through this thread:

http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=8195&highlight=enchanter+starting

and it has some good info, but it kinda just devolved into a shouting match between the Cha and Sta camps. Seemed like most everyone didn't care for Int much because of our mana regen spell.

The thing is, I'm sure there's less than a 1% chance I'll get into raiding content before Kunark. I'm not even sure if I'll be 50 before Kunark. If I'm mainly just leveling with groups for my stay here, shouldn't I make him High Elf and put all 25 in Cha with 5 in Int because I don't have to worry about capping any stats before almost 50 and boss group damage won't be so high that I'll need boosted stamina (I think).

VincentVolaju
08-02-2010, 09:15 PM
I wouldn't do any in Cha, Id go all Sta or all Int. Cha is so easy to get, most items that give Cha have like 9 or so + on them, its easy to get Cha up. To be honest, Id prob go 25int 5sta, get 200 int and then just go for HP / Mana gear if you don't plan on raiding.

nicemace
08-02-2010, 10:06 PM
cha,

as gnome, i put all my starting points into cha, have all the best cha gear and that sits me on 248 and you need every point of that if youre a charming boss like me.

my 170 int pool is plenty and i tank fine on raids anyways so dun need more stam :P

Coalrymer
08-02-2010, 11:11 PM
I'd so go with what you think is right. But personally I played a chanter on live during Velious and Luclin. Even if its easy to get CHA high, get it max first. It is the most important stat to a chanter.

I personally think most people screaming STA on those threads, are just people trying to get others to be more suck than them. STA as a chanter, btw doesn't give that many more hp.

That's just my opinion of course, so go ahead and rant and flame all you want. I know how to play my character. Also I won't be checking this thread again so scream all you want.

Tseng
08-02-2010, 11:24 PM
Personally, if I were you, I'd go CHA given the description of your dedication. Unless you're twinking right away, that +25 CHA is going to go a long way toward making you more useful in groups. I'd take the +5 INT as well.

renegadeofunk
08-03-2010, 12:18 AM
Cool, thanks for all the replies, guys. One other unrelated question: What should I train with my skill points? Should I let some skills just go up naturally and save the points for something? I've read a bunch of newbie guides (general and class specific) and somehow they never mention that part of the game. Maybe my google-fu just sucks.

Estu
08-03-2010, 12:36 AM
Generally the consensus seems to be for a Research-using class (NEC/ENC/WIZ/MAG), put a single point into whatever basic skills you need (many of them will level up without the single point, but this first level takes a lot longer) and save the rest of it for leveing up Research since it's very time-consuming and expensive to level up by itself. Other classes can get by putting training points into tradeskills and whatnot. Generally, combat and spell skills tend to be easily grindable in and of themselves, without the help of a trainer (as long as you've got one point in them to learn them initially for post-level-1 ones). I myself don't have experience with Research, though, and what I'm stating here is secondhand, so take this with a grain of salt.

Tseng
08-03-2010, 12:37 AM
Yea, use all your left over trainings for research.