PDA

View Full Version : Game Mechanics: Your target resisted the Strip Enchantment spell.

Xelris
01-20-2014, 11:04 PM
This shouldn't be happening, along with any other dispel spell. The chance of resisting a dispel on live is minute, to the point where even lifetaps are resisted a lot more often.

The ONLY mobs in the game that could directly resist a dispel in full were 100% MR, such as spite golems in hate, annoyingly so because they SOW themselves.

Anything else should suffer the effects 99% of the time.

Anything else had (an exceedingly high) chance to lose a buff based on the number of slot dispels the dispel itself had. Strip enchantment had a very small chance to skip a buff when it hit based on the "Cancel Magic: 9" lines. For the upgrades of Pillage enchantment and Recant magic, the chance is near-zero.

It wasn't based on magic resistance, because it's nigh-unresistable. High MR in PVP would not fare any better against dispels... being able to junk buff quickly in response, however, was.

Also, the aggro on this entire line is too high. I say this as someone who snagged an Aten bracer and used it to pull for years, and during the pull if someone so much as sneezed at the mob it would switch targets (a single thrown shuriken from a monk was enough). Now it takes a warrior several swings before the mob turns. Whether this is being caused by the dispel itself having too much aggro or the "initial aggro" being too high, it shouldn't be the case.

Finally, I shouldn't be able to resist this if cast on myself. Again, the dispel has the (exceedingly low) chance of skipping a buff, not actually being resisted.

Will post evidence if I can find it, but my anecdotal account of this effect is correct as I used this spell throughout my eq career. All of this is also demonstrable on EQmac as well as current Live servers.