PDA

View Full Version : Game Mechanics: Windows and Hotkeys Reset

Sapphyire
01-20-2014, 06:24 PM
My window (UI) setup resets every time I log out and back in. When I start up all the windows are reset as if I have never played before. Is there a fix for this?

Also, my hotkeys (everytime) and my spell/song sets (occasionally) reset when I zone.

My husband and nephew are both playing and neither one of them has this problem.

Both are a bit annoying but the hotkey thing is really frustrating. Is there a fix for this?

If so, please help.

Thanks

Aeolwind
01-20-2014, 06:47 PM
Might be your hotkey/keymap file is marked as read only?

Sapphyire
01-20-2014, 08:44 PM
I'll check it out. Thanks

Sapphyire
01-22-2014, 08:26 PM
Ok that didn't work. Any other ideas?

Thulack
01-22-2014, 08:42 PM
do you /q when you stop playing? maybe /camp to char select and log out that way? and you made sure you character file and UI file were not set to read only right?

Sapphyire
01-22-2014, 08:51 PM
I use the camp hotkey to log out and follow the steps. I could not find any of the UI or hotkey files showing read only. They were marked with all options checked. The weird thing is the first toon I made, my original window setup remains but it reverts to the configuration that exists upon a brand new account on my other toons. The hotkey issue on zoning exists on all of my toons.

Thulack
01-22-2014, 10:04 PM
if the read only box was checked that means its read only. you need to uncheck the boxes.