PDA

View Full Version : New skelly models + UI problems.

Critical Error
08-02-2010, 03:49 PM
First the bigger problem. I had to change the models because the old skelly models were bugged since the patch (wouldnt show movement animation). Now I had to change my UI to that of velious. Now all my buttons are pale white, rather than the transparent black. Anyone know how to fix this?

Second, is there any way to revert back to old skelly models after you patch, yet make the animation work? The new (classic) model looks so goofy and not at all what Id like my necro to look like. Hell, let everyone else see him as the goofy cartoon skelly, I just prefer the old model.

veoeluz
08-03-2010, 12:52 AM
Technically, this is the old model.. and is considered to be part of the classic experience.. so I'm not sure if they plan to bring back the "new" skele models or not.

But I personally agree with you.. I like the upgraded skele models myself.. :/

Zorpa
08-03-2010, 01:10 AM
I like the upgraded also. Even worse are the wolf forms on the old models. I think they are just ugly and why someone would like the old ones over the upgraded I have no idea.

I'm all for the classic experience but I'm after the classic game play and I still get that with upgraded skeletons and wolf forms.

utenan
08-03-2010, 01:31 AM
The newer models look way out of place next, the rest of the game

StinkyGreenBud
08-03-2010, 02:24 AM
Glamour Queens.

Striiker
08-03-2010, 10:35 AM
I do not wish to diminish the hard work put into this item as I appreciate everything which the devs do for us. I support the server each month via donations to help in my own little way.
Having said that, my preference is for the new models and wished that there was a way to chose to stick with the new models instead of having to revert to the old world models. I can remember in live when the new models were announced and they showed pictures and a video. I looked forward to the improvement and was thrilled when it went live. Again, I just wish there was an option to enable one or the other.

Critical Error
08-03-2010, 10:43 AM
Its just that there isnt just a small difference between new and old cosmetically, the models act differently. The Classic model just looks goofie (running all michael jackson thriller like). The new model looks more threatening.

Mages get to chose whether their pets look badass or not. Enchanters get to chose whether their illussion ele looks cool or not. Think necro should have gotten the choice.

PS any idea how to fix the bug? I messed it up so bad I had to uninstal and waiting to get my disks back. GUI Error ftl!

Bigcountry23
08-03-2010, 11:05 AM
For some reason my skellys are the SoL version, and not the classic version after the patch. Any thoughts?

Jeice
08-03-2010, 11:27 AM
read a patch note for once in your life.

Seritaph
08-03-2010, 12:27 PM
Simple answer, go back to the Getting Started section of the forums, re-download eqchangesv3.zip and uichangesv2.zip files, extract and copy paste them back in where they need to go. That's the "patch" that fixes things.

Dantes
08-03-2010, 12:50 PM
I love me my retarded skeletons.

Bigcountry23
08-03-2010, 01:44 PM
read a patch note for once in your life.

I did, I patched as it instructed me to, thats when it started showing SoL skellys (before that it was the titanium skellys). Next unhelpfull comment please?

fwaits
08-03-2010, 01:59 PM
Umm aren't Titanium skels and SoL skels the same? There is only Classic skels and then post SoL skels to my knowledge. You are now seeing the original skel models if they now look different. That's what they intended as this is trying to be as close to the original release as possible.

Dirtnap
08-04-2010, 03:08 AM
They have gone through 3 different skeleton models. I fixed that problem by redoing the patch, if that doesn't work i don't know.

EDIT: I will get some screenshots up of the 3 different ones tomorrow.

Bruster
08-04-2010, 03:11 AM
i hate the vertical hotkey bar instead of the horizontal one

Dirtnap
08-04-2010, 03:20 AM
Classic:
http://eqbeastiary.allakhazam.com/search.shtml?id=182

Luclin:
http://eqbeastiary.allakhazam.com/search.shtml?id=7707

Newest (Not sure when they were changed.):
http://eqbeastiary.allakhazam.com/search.shtml?id=29003

Wenai
08-04-2010, 09:26 AM
This is a classic server and anything we can revert back to its classic state will be reverted:

Rats (I believe we started with the new models)
Bats (I believe we started with the new models)
Skeletons
Wolves
Lavastorm
Nektulos
Runnyeye
Cazic-Thule
etc etc etc

A lot of content has been reverted and will continue to be reverted if a fix can be found (Where are my gypsy ladies :( )

Itchybottom
08-04-2010, 10:02 AM
(Where are my gypsy ladies :( )

in the SoF/SoD client!

Wenai
08-04-2010, 11:34 AM
in the SoF/SoD client!
I have heard they exist in the SoF client. Unfortunately that bugs a lot of stuff for the server :p

azeth
08-04-2010, 11:34 AM
i vote Easter Egg for Tormax and give him the PoP Rallos Zek graphic!
http://uploadpic.org/storage/originals/thumb_u2jd88jffff94jj84s8ejsf8jk.jpg