PDA

View Full Version : Magician farming

hopped
01-18-2014, 02:23 AM
So in chatting with one of my higher level friends, he was telling me mages have a hard time farming items at higher levels and that's really only necros shaman and enchanters. Is this true? I'd like to at some point be able to camp a spawn like an FBSs or something if it's possible.

element08
01-18-2014, 05:09 PM
My mage is still pretty low (31), but the main difference between those classes and mages I see is the lack of cc. Mages can take care of mobs pretty quickly 1-2 at a time, but when they start stacking up it gets much harder without root, charm, stun, mez, or fear.

Potus
01-18-2014, 05:41 PM
Mages are fine, your friend is silly.

hopped
01-18-2014, 09:55 PM
My mage is still pretty low (31), but the main difference between those classes and mages I see is the lack of cc. Mages can take care of mobs pretty quickly 1-2 at a time, but when they start stacking up it gets much harder without root, charm, stun, mez, or fear.

So basically there is less room for error. That makes sense.

Yumyums Inmahtumtums
01-20-2014, 06:40 PM
So in chatting with one of my higher level friends, he was telling me mages have a hard time farming items at higher levels and that's really only necros shaman and enchanters. Is this true? I'd like to at some point be able to camp a spawn like an FBSs or something if it's possible.

Fbss can be done by a high level Mage with patience. But yeah, as mentioned above the challenge is with cc.

Necros, shamans and enchanters are really the shining stars of the farming world.

Tecmos Deception
01-20-2014, 06:47 PM
Mage just needs to farm nets in perma or do some simple cash camp and buy them, then you have 30 instant roots in a bag to use when shit hits the fan. 10pp per charge is small potatoes if it saves you a death or helps you break into a nice camp you'd have had a hard time splitting otherwise. I get the impression that the good 55+ mages can do some awfully fancy stuff with just coth though.

Vyal
01-20-2014, 07:03 PM
I don't have problems with anything unless the mob summons...
CoH works to get just about anywhere but vs summoning mobs you get instant summoned like you do with chain pet.

hopped
01-20-2014, 10:25 PM
So I've been on the forums bugging everyone about various classes and I've finally decided to stop trying to play the holy trinity (tank/heals/CC) as well as a multitude of various toons. Playing a Magician has been super fun and I wanted to thank everyone for their input throughout this silly dilemma I've been going through in finding a class.