PDA

View Full Version : iPhone: Forum Runner

Rogean
08-02-2010, 12:56 PM
These forums are now supported on the Forum Runner iPhone app.

Http://www.rogean.com/images/frp99.png

Zordana
08-02-2010, 01:01 PM
i approve!

Jeice
08-02-2010, 02:33 PM
yus!.. now to just download forum runner.

Shannacore
08-02-2010, 03:38 PM
UUUUGH I can't get this on my droid!

girth
08-02-2010, 03:40 PM

I thought droid can. HA! Get an iphone loser.

Shannacore
08-02-2010, 03:43 PM
I thought droid can. HA! Get an iphone loser.

Yes let me pull lots of cash out of nowhere, and then I will glady get an iphone.

Rogean
08-02-2010, 03:52 PM
Droid does(n't).

girth
08-02-2010, 04:09 PM
Can. Does. Same thing. =)

Jeice
08-02-2010, 04:42 PM
Yes let me pull lots of cash out of nowhere, and then I will glady get an iphone.

theres an app for that.

Chicka
08-02-2010, 10:04 PM
Clearly iPhone 1, Driod 0

Zazzaz
08-02-2010, 11:47 PM
well eq runs on a droid and it dosnt on a shitty iphone(which i got) so i guess thats droid 2 iphone 1 :P

to0p
08-03-2010, 09:19 AM
OH NO

The trolls just went mobile...

Tiggles
08-03-2010, 06:29 PM
well eq runs on a droid and it dosnt on a shitty iphone(which i got) so i guess thats droid 2 iphone 1 :P

Droid (100) Itoy (1)

Desert
08-04-2010, 05:30 PM
the droid x can ;)

i'm doin it rite

Tronjer
08-04-2010, 05:52 PM
Will load it on my 3GS tomorrow.

Itchybottom
08-08-2010, 08:35 AM
Where's the Tapatalk love?!

Jeice
08-11-2010, 09:52 PM

wait, but it doesnt run on a droid? from what I understand someone ran a HDMI from a computer to their cell phone and are streaming video to it w/ a cursor root mod.

Kainzo
08-12-2010, 03:51 PM
Android is superior in it's operating system. Thanks for the iPhone fix

Swishahouse
08-13-2010, 09:00 AM
Been using it for awhile. Thanks for hooking that up rogean i know i couldnt remember the name of the extension when we talked about it that one time ><

BuzWeaver
08-14-2010, 03:35 PM

I just use my browser on my Droid, it works just fine.

ShadowWulf
08-14-2010, 10:46 PM
wait, but it doesnt run on a droid? from what I understand someone ran a HDMI from a computer to their cell phone and are streaming video to it w/ a cursor root mod.

I am the guy who made the whole "EQ on a droid" thread, check my youtube videos (As well as me now running ohhh just about EVERY mmo on it)

Its not an HDMI or ANYTHING cable, go back and read the whole thread again and you'll get it.

BTW the forum should be tapatalk native for droid users. With more android phones sold than iOS devices it mqakes sense to cater to BOTH demographics.

to the Android haters: Got signal?

Jeice
08-16-2010, 06:48 PM
I dont hate droids, its just a pretty worthless arguement in my eyes. If I was on sprint I would get a Evo, if I was on VZW id have a Droid X... but im on ATT so I have a Jailbroken iPhone 4.

Tallenn
08-26-2010, 11:04 AM
You know, you can get Android phones on any carrier- as opposed to iPhone, where you're stuck with AT&T (still can't figure out why Apple would go for that).

Anyway, Android is an OS (from Google), like Windows CE or whatever Mac-thingie is running on iPhone. Droid is a specific model of phone that only comes with Verizon. It's a good phone, but I find Verizon to be more expensive service-wise, with no better service to justify it. I have an Android phone on Sprint.

Ishio
09-21-2010, 02:35 PM
Honestly I just want to chime in here, though I shouldn't, what's the deal with the iPhone v Droid hate?

They both do their own thing, so it's not so much ones better than the other. iPhone has more apps than the Droid. Droid has uhhh, idk what it has that's better than the iPhone, but I'm sure it does something better. iPhone has the best touch screen sensitivity/response.

You got what you got, because you probably liked the phone. Don't hate on the others who don't have what you have. There is no superior phone. Sorry.

As far as network, again personal preference. For one, the "Got bars" comment, I just want to say, I have AT&T, and I honestly never have any issues with service or lack there of. So maybe it's just bad luck?

hedbonker
09-21-2010, 02:40 PM
still can't figure out why Apple would go for that

Because ATT was the only firm that would agree to Apple's terms as well as implement visual voice mail.

yt2005
09-21-2010, 02:58 PM
Because ATT was the only firm that would agree to Apple's terms as well as implement visual voice mail.
Wait, the visual voice mail thing was really an issue? I know Verizon has their own version of Visual Voicemail (you have to pay monthly for it, though). I always figured other carriers have their own thing as well. Odd.

BuzWeaver
09-25-2010, 11:13 AM
Honestly I just want to chime in here, though I shouldn't, what's the deal with the iPhone v Droid hate?

They both do their own thing, so it's not so much ones better than the other. iPhone has more apps than the Droid. Droid has uhhh, idk what it has that's better than the iPhone, but I'm sure it does something better. iPhone has the best touch screen sensitivity/response.

You got what you got, because you probably liked the phone. Don't hate on the others who don't have what you have. There is no superior phone. Sorry.

As far as network, again personal preference. For one, the "Got bars" comment, I just want to say, I have AT&T, and I honestly never have any issues with service or lack there of. So maybe it's just bad luck?

The number of Apps a phone has is secondary at best to measure a phones capability and performance. I like that my Droid has GPS and Navigation capability, that's far more significant than how many apps I can cram on the phone.

Ishio
09-25-2010, 11:24 AM
The number of Apps a phone has is secondary at best to measure a phones capability and performance. I like that my Droid has GPS and Navigation capability, that's far more significant than how many apps I can cram on the phone.

You missed my point.

My point was, every phone does something better than the other. There is no phone which is the ultimate must have.

I just tossed out a few things I know the iPhone does better than the Droid, and couldn't speak for the Droid to retaliate, as I don't own one.

Wizerud
09-25-2010, 02:07 PM
Umm the iPhone has gps built in. What can droid do that the iPhone can't? Display flash webpages natively without a jailbreak? I don't know what else.

Apple actually offered the iPhone to verizon first but were turned down. Something about verizon not willing to give apple so much control.

Anyway, does anyone have the forum runner app? If so, how does it fare against just browsing the forums through the web browser?

Rogean
09-25-2010, 03:56 PM
It's a good thing it's not on verizon.. not being able to use the data network while on a call would suck balls.

korrowan
09-29-2010, 11:25 AM
So TAPATALK soon?

Wizerud
10-12-2010, 03:35 AM
Ok so I downloaded the free version of the app a couple of weeks ago and it's pretty nice. Just make sure you add the forum to your favorites so you don't have to search for it every time you launch the app. Functionality is good, speed is an improvement over the web browser. There are a few disappointments - pictures are not accessible but show up as a little icon. So if you want to view in-line pics within a thread it's best to launch the web version of the thread (which you can do directly from the app). It's also not possible to reply to a thread from within the app, unless I just haven't figured that out yet. Maybe that's a feature reserved for the paid app. I'd hope so.

Overall, for free, cannot complain.

Savok
12-10-2010, 09:35 PM
Forum Runner (http://www.appbrain.com/app/forum-runner-free/net.endoftime.android.forumrunner.free) on Android, works great.

Kamelo
02-12-2011, 03:06 PM
Maybe I just couldn't find it, but do these forums support Tapatalk? That's what I use on my iPhone, I've never even heard of Forum Runner.

nilart
02-28-2011, 11:43 AM
Just downloaded and installed it. Awesome app.

Kamelo, where do you live? Maybe your country's app store is not elegible for this app.

SunDrake
03-18-2011, 11:42 PM
Just installed Forum Runner for Droid. Thanks for this thread.. always wanted to check the forums but was turned off by using the browser. :)

Aelzrith
05-15-2011, 07:29 PM
Ok so I downloaded the free version of the app a couple of weeks ago and it's pretty nice. Just make sure you add the forum to your favorites so you don't have to search for it every time you launch the app. Functionality is good, speed is an improvement over the web browser. There are a few disappointments - pictures are not accessible but show up as a little icon. So if you want to view in-line pics within a thread it's best to launch the web version of the thread (which you can do directly from the app). It's also not possible to reply to a thread from within the app, unless I just haven't figured that out yet. Maybe that's a feature reserved for the paid app. I'd hope so.

Overall, for free, cannot complain.

The paid version of the app lets you view the picture attachments by clicking on them and it lets you reply/create threads.

It's worth the buck-ninety-nine

SyanideGas
08-28-2011, 12:24 AM
There is a free version of forum runner on droid,I think the full thing is like 15$ if i remember right i could be crazy though hehe :P

Webwolf
09-10-2011, 02:06 PM
Works on Android forum runner as well. WTB thread tile change!

Nestea
10-11-2011, 07:01 PM
Epic, just in time for the 4s debut

NenshouStar
03-17-2012, 11:58 PM
They're phones!!!!!! :eek:
what happened to actually calling people with them?? :confused: :D

Alkorin
03-18-2012, 02:22 PM
My "phone" is a computer with a 3-something inch screen that happens to have a phone app. No idea what you're talking about. ~

Xer0
12-18-2012, 03:38 AM
Hm, I use forumrunner on android.. specifically to view the android.net forums... is there some reason Im fai ling to see that it couldn't be used to view this forum?

loony
01-12-2013, 10:42 PM
Hm, I use forumrunner on android.. specifically to view the android.net forums... is there some reason Im fai ling to see that it couldn't be used to view this forum?

Also using forumrunner on android HTC amaze 4g

Andrew Jackson
02-05-2013, 03:32 PM
Just give us a mobile theme instead of forcing us to buy shitty app or pirate virused version imo

sent fromshitty droid still 9000 times better than itoy

petecory
02-21-2013, 03:11 PM
So TAPATALK soon?

yes pls.