PDA

View Full Version : Trakanon Desync

Rogean
01-17-2014, 02:03 PM
I've had a few people tell me that Trakanon had no problems at all after launch for anyone, but then the desync issues started happening at some point later.

Can you guys try to think what month of what year it started happening in?

Please only answer if you're certain, or disclaimer that you're not sure but could be inbetween certain months. I can't afford inaccurate information on this.

That's the only information I need right now.

Thanks

Orruar
01-17-2014, 03:39 PM
For me, the problems started happening sometime between launch and approx 6 months ago. I don't play enough or go to TT enough to tighten it up any further. You're welcome.

ps Don't ban me!

dre
01-17-2014, 03:45 PM
Ya, happened to me too

YendorLootmonkey
01-17-2014, 03:58 PM
Around the time the fix was put in to make sure forager/hunter cycle didn't break?

Droog007
01-17-2014, 05:30 PM
I started playing in September 2012, and I think the problem existed then - if not, it was within 2 or 3 months after that. By the time I had any business going there, it was a crap shoot whether or not I would make it across.

TL;DR was happening by the end of 2012

Fuddwin
01-17-2014, 06:06 PM
I started playing in September 2012, and I think the problem existed then - if not, it was within 2 or 3 months after that. By the time I had any business going there, it was a crap shoot whether or not I would make it across.

TL;DR was happening by the end of 2012

Same for me... BUT.. not sure if this will help.. I got a new computer about 6 months ago and have never had a problem since...

Lazie
01-17-2014, 06:09 PM
Something I found that seems to have fixed lag in all zones which was a fix posted on this board awhile ago. I never really experienced Desync in TT but had lag spikes running through the zone. I have a quad core PC and just changed affinity to 0 only in task manager. All lag disappeared.

Again not sure if this helps the desyncing problem but might be a part that contributes to it for some people.

Calabee
01-17-2014, 06:12 PM
march 2011, i have a thread from a few weeks into kunark.. it's been there since launch

Calabee
01-17-2014, 06:17 PM
http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32600&highlight=Issues

04-10-2011, 02:10 AM

Was when i reported it, had been ungoing since day 1 of kunark

Arteker
01-17-2014, 10:49 PM
for my started shortly after the epics patch, before that i never experienced the trouble as euro player. camped even 3 pained souls and used to duo with my necro hunter forager cycle when it was not broken with ease .

Now zone is so fucked up i cannot even do it to seb

Byrjun
01-17-2014, 11:01 PM
Here's my info, it doesn't really answer what you asked so I apologize if this is useless information:

1) I took a break about 10 months ago. I had been passing through TT since a few months before then, and I encountered the desync issue very frequently. At this time the only internet service available to me was some crappy wireless broadband stuff, so my latency wasn't great.

During that break I upgraded to cable, and I'm pretty close to the server now so I get really low ping normally. I haven't experienced the TT desync since, and it's like night and day since the last time I played. The ONLY thing that changed was my ISP (and my ping). Same PC, same EQ install, etc.

2) Whenever I enter TT (even now, with no desync issue) the zone is fine for about a half or a full second, and then my FPS drops to near nothing for a second or two, and then everything goes back to normal again. This doesn't happen in any other zone in the game, not sure if it's related but it is strange.

Spacebar
01-17-2014, 11:20 PM
DISCLAIMER: I don't know exactly which months. But here is the info I have.

I noticed it on 05-08-2013 and reported it in http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32600&highlight=Issues&page=5 thread the same day.

Unfortunately, I think it might have started earlier than that. I didn't even try to get to TT until I was going to do my monk's epic. Was quite a surprise for me, lol.

I'm really happy to see this is getting some attention and I wish I could help more.

One note, I'm on an overseas connection and I'm also having those connection issues (not getting past server select/not seeing server select/no characters sometimes/hanging connection/not being able to log in whatsoever/etc.) that are floating around the Technical Discussion forums with my main internet connection. With that issue, I am able to play with my 3G connection, but not with my main ISP. However, TT is screwed up with both connections.

Racun
01-18-2014, 01:44 AM
I never had a problem with Trakanon's Teeth prior to a patch in February 2013.
Since that patch I haven't been able to use TT properly.

The symptoms I experience after zoning into TT are:
Latency appears normal (250ish), I try to use an item like Jboots to see whether I'm desynching, if I am they don't work and my ping slowly starts to rise by around 1000 every minute or so until it reaches 8-9000 then I get disconnected (this usually allows me enough time to run to seb orb and /q). Sometimes however I use my Jboots and they work immediately and my ping goes up to around 1000 then stabilises and starts to come back down. This happens around 1 in 20 times I zone in to TT.

The patch I am referring to that broke TT for me was one of the following.

It was either v26:
http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98585

or v27:
http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98761

Unfortunately they were only 1 day apart so I don't know which of the 2 it was, but looking at the size of the 2 patches I would assume it was v26.

Other people were experiencing the issue prior to this however so I'm not sure how helpful this information will be.

mrmop520
01-18-2014, 01:48 AM
Only had this issue in europe, never in america.. weirdly enough.

Morbo the Annihilator
01-18-2014, 05:41 AM
February-March 3013

quido
01-18-2014, 05:53 AM
I heard about the problem long before I ever experienced it. TT was always a sluggish zone and I assumed it was because of the size, but I experienced the sluggishness even more once I actually experienced some real desync issues (after hearing about the problem for 6+ months).

Buriedpast
01-18-2014, 06:43 AM
When the secrets eqmac patch went out for PC, It was fine. Maybe a month or two later it was fucked.

Starting wireshark, and leaving it running lets me play in TT about 70% of the time. Without it I can not. Seems to be an issue with the packet crap thats being sent as part of the anti cheat stuff.

Maybe switch the anti cheat/MQ2/SEQ stuff off for a day or 12 hrs, and let some of us who experience the problem know what day/time and to go and test it out? Only likely thing I can think of.

I had zero problems, ever with the zone. Now its TT, and whnever a bard is doing a big AE kite in a zone like plane of fear, OT, DL etc. I desync when im within maybe 800-1000/loc of the train.

Ive tried 5 countries, over a dozen seperate computers, multiple backups and fresh installs, multiple internet provisions from satellite in the middle of the ocean, to a fibre connection in CBD Brisbane australia, GSM/3g/4g, DSL, etc etc. Literally 5 countries though for the same problem.

Wireshark oddly enough also works when streaming off iphone as a wifi, when connected by USB, and while using a usb ethernet plug and any random net from the wall in an office which is cool.

So look into the anti cheat however that works, and also a software toggle to do what wireshark does from within eq (NIC promiscuous mode)

Buriedpast
01-18-2014, 06:47 AM
Agree with Jeremy it was always sluggish, but Ive camped PS many times, done plennty of TT farming etc. Then sometime while or shortly before IB was on eqmac it went to shit.

What I never experienced was the desyncing around a kite, ever. I could kite all of plane of fear on my cleric with zero lag, now if I pick a kite up, or it comes within view range I desync and LD.

Geographically, Australian, south american including brazil, argentina, southern european/middle east/north africa, and south africa are copping it worst.

As for epics patch. I did plenty of time in TT around epics and never had an issue, we were actively running through TT a lot, it would ring well in my mind if there was an issue around this period. Also possibly not at the start of the anti cheat coding, im not sure if you refined or modified it much but I know around the time people got delevelled I was still able to play in TT for a period.

Buriedpast
01-18-2014, 06:50 AM
For those experiencing it, download and install wireshark, click yes to everything, load it up and then load eq and go to TT. Report back. 27mb file and should take you 10mins tops to test it. Try with logging on or off, doesnt seem to make an appreciable difference in success rate for me.

I cant see if its a adding more latency with any arruracy as where i am now is such a fuckhole for internet you just dont know what causes the issues minute to minute.

Lammy
01-18-2014, 11:17 AM
I don't know if this helps at all but I recently bought a new laptop.

The older one - TT dsync 100%
The newer one - TT dsync Never

Same internet connection

Buriedpast
01-18-2014, 11:31 AM
Interesting.

Im playing on a dell XPS13, i7 3537 16gb ram 512gb ssd.
Home computer is an i7 top of the line thing, newish $600 vid card, 32gb ram.
work laptops are i7's and shit.

Tried win7, fresh installs x 5 for unrelated reasons, win 8 etc. Absolutely zero client sided fixes or changes, except wireshark yesterday letting me in zone today.

And I just desynced there twice with wireshark.