PDA

View Full Version : Pathing Cabilis Guards parkour adepts?

happyhappy
01-17-2014, 02:18 AM
Been doing lots of tradeskilling in cab and started to notice that the wandering guards seem to have taken a liking in walking on tents, building walls, side walls, the zone out "roofs", sometimes even taking random swims either by missing the plank bridges or just turning corners too fast and continuing their route in the canal instead of the sidewalk.

You'd never find a guard in the canal or on walls on live unless it was pulled there, and they seemed to respect the Klok's bartering tents a lot more.

Edit: also, skeletons, iksar outcasts and the such should go around the sewer pits, not bugging across through the canal.

Potus
01-17-2014, 02:45 AM
NPCs getting stuck/walking on walls and roofs is sadly classic.

It took Verant about 4-5 years to stop the merchants in East/West Commonlands and North Ro from sitting on top of their roofs. What was infuriating was whenever you tried to sell to them still they'd tell you they were busy. Guards walked through and on top of walls as well.

happyhappy
01-17-2014, 03:14 AM
NPCs getting stuck/walking on walls and roofs is sadly classic.

It took Verant about 4-5 years to stop the merchants in East/West Commonlands and North Ro from sitting on top of their roofs. What was infuriating was whenever you tried to sell to them still they'd tell you they were busy. Guards walked through and on top of walls as well.

Can't help but think this is wrong, I spent a lot of time in cabilis during the kunark/velious era and while my memory is not infallible, I can't recall seeing obvious pathing error like this.

Perhaps they did take a long time fixing the old world pathing, that I'm not debating, but the lizards didn't swim, nor did the merbs walking around the pits in the sewers, which I should amend in the OP now that I think of it.

odiecat99
01-17-2014, 04:38 AM
I definitely seen swimming guards in cab on live. 100%. Don't remember them going on roofs, but this was 14 yrs ago. Could have happened.

was on brell

Tecmos Deception
01-17-2014, 07:46 AM
Parkour!!!

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-Jv6r-6pPoj0/TeFf3c2m_xI/AAAAAAAAAwo/dKAlv-qMlv0/s1600/wordpress_gossip_Entertainment_78265_the_office_pa rkour.jpg